It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thank you for trying to steer conversation back on track. I believe that the majority here can at least agree we are sick of being lied to by the military.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This has been investigated, yes?

I would like to read the results of this investigation., are they available, I read through most of the post, have they been posted and are they available?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I realize this is just one more comment of many, but how can one watch this video without commenting....

Respect is something we owe to our servicemen and servicewomen because of who they are as well as who we are.

If who they are is not befitting the respect owed to their station as soldiers, then who are we when we can no longer respect them or their station, because of the type of inhumane and callous behavior illustrated so graphically in this video?

There is no honor in this "victory" and it is no victory at all. We have been forced to praise this slaughter and maliciousness? This crudity?

No wonder truly decent and honorable soldiers are truly sickened by their experiences in Iraq so much more than any other conflict.

There is no honor in this at all, except for the trampled honor of the victims of these atrocities.

Just this one video justifies all the hate in the world. If killing WAS necessary, this illustrates how sickeningly twisted its execution in the real world is, and how desperately another way should and indeed must be found, while there are still Iraquis alive and in one piece, and sane enough to rebuild their destroyed nation.

We have pressed on every crack in their society, and God help us, the same will surely happen here in the US, where our soldiers callously give the world another reason to hate all Americans.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

Yep happened in Laos as well -- 2,500 enemy troops reported as 50,000:

One of the other interesting things I did on this trip related to the story of the time that claimed North Vietnam had 50,000 troops in Laos and that's why the United States had to bomb. I was interested in the sources and did what seemed to be the obvious thing; I went to the American Embassy and asked to speak to the Political Officer - typically, the CIA representative at the Embassy. He came down and was very friendly, and I asked him if I could see some of the background material on the reported 50,000 troops. He took me up to a room and gave me piles of documentation. He also said that I was the first person to ever ask him for background, which was interesting. I read through it and I found that there was evidence that there was one Vietnamese battalion of maybe 2,500 people somewhere up in northern Laos, and the rest of the so-called 50,000 were either invented or were old men carrying a bag of rice on their back trying to make it through the bombing.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
reply to post by drew hempel

I'm sure that's exactly what happened!

None of us were there, so we have no idea of what the situation was like.

None of us were at ground zero when 9/11 occurred. So with that statement, we have no idea why we are in Iraq to begin with.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
So first, keep in mind these troops have been over there for a long time now and they've seen a lot more insurgency than you and I have seen. They know what to look for. Seeing guys with straps on their shoulders in a group in public probably set off alarm bells.

I'd question that actually. In this case we know for sure 2 of these people weren't insurgents because they worked for a british media outlet, but if it was just a video of nameless people being killed, and the word insurgents being used for them, would you doubt it at all?

Go to liveleak and type in insurgent. What you'll get are a collection of videos showing houses being blown up and people being shot just like this. Often with just the name insurgents attached to them being the only evidence they are.

What i'm getting at, is this kind of 'mistake' could be very common, and it only came to light when they killed some people who no one would believe were insurgents.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

There was already U.S. genocide of Iraqis before the 2003 invasion:

video.google.com...#

So shooting innocent people in this instance is just a minor cover-up.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Stop putting words in my mouth.

You were criticizing western culture, so I criticized the culture or Islam. Is that bad?

No it's not bad... both cultures are human

But when a poster on ATS feels his Country is Superior to another.... I'd like to remind him that America is not so perfect either.

Yet he wishes those soldiers killed more... Anytime you wish for more killing, you've fallen for the trap of the darkside.

I will try to learn how to love my enemies... but I guess America likes the philosophy of kill first before they kill you.

That's the culture of Fear that I want know part of.

If the Bush Family and Saudi Arabia were sucking each other's D!CKS .... Then obviously we can get along? right?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

We are aware that several media outlets are airing footage depicting gunfire from a U.S. helicopter and claiming that this footage was recorded during an incident in 2007 in which two Reuters reporters were killed. At this time, we are working to verify the source of the video, its veracity, and when or where it was recorded. The incident presumably associated with this video was investigated in 2007, and the releasable portions of that investigation are available [here].

U.S. Military in Iraq Responds to Wikileaks, Releases Portions of Internal Investigation
washingtonindependent.com...

I didn't click on the link, anyone else want to?

You are accessing a U.S. Government (USG) Information System (IS) that is provided for USG-authorized use only.

By using this IS (which includes any device attached to this IS), you consent to the following conditions:

* The USG routinely intercepts and monitors communications on this IS for purposes including, but not limited to, penetration testing, COMSEC monitoring, network operations and defense, personnel misconduct (PM), law enforcement (LE), and counterintelligence (CI) investigations.
* At any time, the USG may inspect and seize data stored on this IS.
* Communications using, or data stored on, this IS are not private, are subject to routine monitoring, inspection, and search, and may be disclosed or used for any USG-authorized purpose.
* This IS includes security measures (e.g., authentication and access controls) to protect USG interests -- not for your personal benefit or privacy.
* Notwithstanding the above, using this IS does not constitute consent to PM,LE, or CI investigative searching or monitoring of the content of privileged communications, or work product, related to personal representation or services by attorneys, psychotherapists, or clergy, and their assistants. Such communications and work product are private and confidential.
See User Agreement for details

www2.centcom.mil...

[edit on 123030p://bTuesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Another little bit of info for some of you guys is that once we engaged insurgents a lot of times others (being sympathizers) will come and take all the weapons and live bodies from a scene like this to report it to the media as killing of unarmed civilians. This happens a lot with helo attacks and with UAV attacks. it is all for the propaganda movement. The VC would do the same thing in Nam. It is all about guerilla tactics and propaganda. They are small and we are large and that is the only thing that can put American soldiers and American civilians against one another and eventually make our government pull out. It happened in Nam and it is happening now.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
www.counterpunch.org...

U.S. Genocide in Iraq -- it's not war -- it's GENOCIDE.

www.brusselstribunal.org...

Ongoing attempts to impose a military solution on Iraq should be seen in this light, while the 13-year US-imposed UN sanctions regime that led to the “excess deaths” of 1,500,000 Iraqis is a clear example of “patterns of given consequences” where foreseeability was present and the policy continued, suggesting at the least oblique intention (which is sufficient for conviction on genocide in being a category of specific intent), but more plausibly — given constant US bullying in the UN to maintain the clearly destructive sanctions regime — purposive intent.

13 Shauna Lennon, “Sanctions, Genocide and War Crimes,” hartfordhwp.... com/archives/27c/437.html 14 Souad Al-Azzawi, “Depleted Uranium Radioactive Contamination in Iraq,” brusselstribunal.org... htm. As Al-Azzawi rightly states, “Existing DU contamination in the surrounding environment is a continuous source of (low level radiation) exposure to civilians which can be considered systematic attacks on civilians in an armed conflict.”

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
www.liveleak.com...
this is the same video on liveleak

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

You were criticizing western culture, so I criticized the culture or Islam. Is that bad?

But when a poster on ATS feels his Country is Superior to another.... I'd like to remind him that America is not so perfect either.

Yet he wishes those soldiers killed more... Anytime you wish for more killing, you've fallen for the trap of the darkside.

I will try to learn how to love my enemies... but I guess America likes the philosophy of kill first before they kill you.

If the Bush Family and Saudi Arabia were sucking each other's D!CKS .... Then obviously we can get along? right?

I love how jerks like you can judge a whole country of people based on videos and television.

You try to sound smart then fill your post with stupid crap about Bush, 9/11 and expect to be taken seriously!?

Like I said, jerks like your kind paint everything with the same broad brush to make themselves feel smart and morally better than the EVIL Americans.

While America isn't perfect, we do MUCH MUCH more good for the world than bad.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Risen

I'm not inclined to believe that the group of men (minus the 2 photographers) were insurgents. More likely they were locals directing the photographers to some hot activity in the area. But that's a guess on my part. I don't know anything about the background of that scenario.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DavidWright

yeah, sure, just a few soldiers that kill like a videogame

everybody here knows that this happens all the time ... a lot of cases

this is the case that got the most attention and the most recent

the reality is that the whole us army is corrupt and sick, there are exceptions, but I really dont get anyone supporting them

if you support them you are against life, and you dont deserve nothing good

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

But it's more fact than fiction that Iraq has done squat to improve human society compared to western cultures. Most of the stuff they use were invented or created etc, by western cultures.

Of course western culture isn't perfect, but I'd rather deal with the impurities of western culture than Islamic culture! I hate to say it, but the U.S. is superior to Iraq and if not, you might be blind.

I am not being arrogant, but if you compare the two countries, you cannot tell me that the U.S. is worse to live in than Iraq or any other middle eastern country...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi
reply to post by jeddun

outline for us your 'rules of engagement'...please...

Want a cool outline?

I'm a sniper, and I use a .50 cal sniper rifle, usually to take down military gear (enemy, of course).

Want to know how ridiculous this thing is?

Me, a sniper (precision shots) have to ask permission to fire, and consider not only the target, but the surroundings, because, in case you don't know, a 50 cal bullet cause a lot of damage...

And, bare in mind, that I'm only ONE soldier with ONE rifle firing ONE shot.

Now, look at the video, and tell me where is the care of the superiors and the gunners in using the same firepower as 100 guys like me firing at the same time.

How is that careful, how are they judging the situation?

"Can I fire? Damn"

"Wait...ugh...Yes. Engage"

"Okay. Firing".

HOW THE HELL IS THIS A SITUATION AVALIATION?

They were waiting for an excuse to fire, they weren't using a excuse to fire. Very subtle differences in words, but a lot more different in meaning.

actually snipers work in teams of 2 sometimes more and I doubt by the way you describe your job you are in fact a "sniper" and a .50 cal sniper rifle is mainly used to take down vehicles by shooting the engine block, but yes sometimes it is used to take down personnel. And the term military gear that you used says enough.. And btw MOST "snipers" are actually for RECON purposes.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DavidWright

The U.S. committed GENOCIDE in Iraq:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

Iraq is all about OIL.

Operation Iraqi Liberation

OIL.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Doomsday 2029]

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d337f928657.jpg[/atsimg]

Thats a great excuse! Although some appear to be armed, they were looking relaxed. I've seen videos of insurgents appearing relax. That don't mean they are harmless or innocent. Its true that I saw the photographers with cameras only but I had good eyes and could see other men armed with weaponry. The photographers knew the risk of hanging around with insurgents. Same for journalists getting killed by IEDs with American troops.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by deltaboy]

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join