It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by people=oooo

They may have been sent to the Iraqi hospital because it was closer and they needed quick attention. The report is that children were wounded havnt heard any evidence that they died so im not sure your speculation at this moment holds any water.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
reply to post by Exuberant1

To add to these photos, the 2 children are sitting in the front passenger seat and at times you can see their heads sticking out the window. The two men are helping one of the only surviving iraq's who was shot.

The video starts with the helicopter crew flying over head a city with about 8 iraq's standing around and starting to slowly move to another area.

One or two of the people in the group had cameras with straps and the Helicopter crew thought they were ak47's. After a few minutes of circling and after seeing a guy peak around the corner with what they thought appeared to be a RPG, they decided to engage by firing at the large group of people, about 8 or so.

You see the men dive for safety and they shot most of the men as they were trying to get away. Most were probably dead but one guy was seen on a curb barely alive and slowly starting to crawl. A few minutes later a van pulls up and tries to help this lone survivor. Sadly the people who tried to help got "engaged" also, so did their children.

I also don't know how i feel about it. The cameras did look questionable but come on, they weren't pointing their "weapons" at the helicopters.

I think if i were an iraq and i saw huge metal birds hovering around me for 5 minutes circling me i would probably be scared out of my mind and start hiding and peaking around corners. That would be scary as #.

what do you mean by that last part? Iraqis do know what choppers look like... I agree they'd be scared of choppers when they can't be sure what the pilots are thinking but please don't patronise Iraqis as being dumb people who would think a chopper is some mystical metal bird, I can't believe you said that.

as for the video it's frankly a disgrace. Can't think of any better words for the job

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by people=oooo

There were AK's in there, and there was a RPG. Period.

The sad part in all of this, is that there were also reporters in there, and in your laptop, and now, it's all fine and easy to spot, but in battle, it isn't.

I'm not defending this gunners, much the opposite, I'm ashamed, as a military, by their actions.

But there are weapons in those images, and if they are not weapons, well, there is a very good reason why reporters use blue jackets to ID themselfs.

Carrying a tripod or a camera, without being ID with blue jackets and vests, is just asking for it.

but again, to me, nothing justifies the way this was handled. Charges should be applied to those involved.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
So, when comparing incidents from both sides how does this article compare to the wikileaks video?

news.yahoo.com...

Seriously, the bombings were obviously intentional with no regards to other people. But since they are blowing themselves up for their freedom against a "genocidal occupation", it's OK?

The people of Iraq have a great opportunity that has been handed to them to take their country to new heights.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Poisonpez

Terrorists????????
People that live there and are being terrorized by foreign armies invading their country and killing random people are terrorists?

What the heck is wrong with you people?
Cant you see that this is wrong?
If this was your country wouldn't you be doing the same or worst than the ones that attack the US soldiers?
Would you just coward in your house and not help your neighbor after seeing him wounded on the street?
You would probably drive by and pretend like you saw nothing like most people do, right?
For those of you that say "This is normal in war" "Its collateral damage, it happens", !@#$.
Why are they driving around with their kids in their van in their neighborhood anyways, can't they see that we are there now and that they should just stay in their homes and die?
How dare they stop and help someone else? They deserve to die for being stupid and getting in the way of our mission to free them.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

An AK-47 an RPG? What are they all on acid? Maybe if you've been up
two weeks with the pipe.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

They kill themselves purposely, with no regards to other people in the area. If a country were to invade America I'm pretty sure it would not be like the situation in Iraq.

The people of Iraq were handed an opportunity to better the country, but they cant even get along with each other to make it work.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
as #ty as we all may feel this is..again it COULD be taken out of context...who knows the 'real' deal behind these clips we see (devils advocate).....war is hell and there is NOTHING nice or fair about it...always was always will be the case.

that said...i feel that this portion of the world should be nuked to glass..make it one big parking lot..these nations contribute ZERO to the world in a positive sense..all those beating the drum of ignorance should watch something other than the liberal media...

[edit on 5-4-2010 by jeddun]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
How #in satanic and evil was that ?

What a bunch of #ing cowards they are, all their capable of is flying in their helicopters and using advanced weaponry on third world peoples with no defense against foreign intruders.

Even if they were carrying ak 47's do you really think they could cause any damage?

These aren't heroes these are murderers hiding in their helicopters shooting at innocent people with no regard for human life. May they burn in hell

Pathetic

I hope everyone is as enraged as I am after viewing such unjust acts of war

[edit on 5-4-2010 by unconscious_war]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well it happened in Vietnam -- over 2 million Asians killed.

www.japanfocus.org...

From Indochina to Iraq: At War With Asia Noam Chomsky interviewed by Kevin Hewison

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by unconscious_war
How #in satanic and evil was that ?

What a bunch of #ing cowards they are, all their capable of is flying in their helicopters and using advanced technology on third world peoples with no defense against foreign intruders.

These aren't heroes these are murderers hiding in their helicopters shooting at innocent people with no regard for human life. May they burn in hell

Pathetic

They their own army, they have an established government that they can vote for...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Does anyone here realize that Iraqi's don't have "terrorists"? Iraq does not have alqaida or Taliban or anything like that? Iraqi CIVILIANS and Insurgents (these are ex-civilians who are now defending the illegal occupation of their lands) were regular people whose country was illegally invaded and occupied based on a big lie (WMD). So now anyone walking the street is magically a 'terrorist' when the country had nothing to do with terrorism to begin with and has no ties to alqaida (Al-CIA-Duh) nor the Taliban?
I mean get real people.

Amazing how quickly history can be erased and rewritten by those in power.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Censoring myself for being a jerk

[edit on 5-4-2010 by red_d]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

The problem is that the government and armed forces of Iraq are not fighting the coalition forces. It's individual groups that have no intention in improving their country, that are combating our forces and their own forces.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Not sure if someone mentioned this. Sorry if it has been posted.

NY Times News Report

An unbiased report from NY Times.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Ok, i just watched it again for the third time and i honestly don't see what everyone here is bitching about. Clearly these were scumbags up to no good. It's not unusual for war correspondents to be killed on duty, been happening ever since wars and cameras. They know the risks. I myself saw weapons on some of the targets. I feel they did a great job and got nice clean kills. Good for them. And ill say it again...this area of the world contributes ZERO, all we get from them is female genital mutilation, human rights violations and evil railings against you, me and freedom. They want us to turn back the clocks a thousand years and have all women kiss their boots..is this what you want for your children...i say they didn't kill enough...and if my comment is too much for your sensibilities...too bad...go hug a tree, move to Iraq and make a difference, rather than enjoy freedom here and complain about those 'poor bastards'.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'm sure it's already been posted, but just in case...

It made the front headlines of CNN (I use the international edition though, might be different for the US version).

link   
This video is awful. In hindsight, errors were made and people died that didn't have to.

The danger of viewing a chopper cam is that we don't know what had happened before this occurred.

Was there a lot of hostile activity in this area?

Was there a standing order given to these guys to be on the lookout for people with weapons?

I see a lot of ignorant comment on here just painting a broad brush on either the United states or the military. Some of this is just the run of the mill anti Westerners who look for any reason to hate and some is just the purely emotional response.

This ended up being awful and war does suck but there is more going on than just homicidal Americans and their thirst for blood.

Prepares for the retaliation........

link   

Originally posted by jeddun
Ok, i just watched it again for the third time and i honestly don't see what everyone here is bitching about. Clearly these were scumbags up to no good. It's not unusual for war correspondents to be killed on duty, been happening ever since wars and cameras. They know the risks. I myself saw weapons on some of the targets. I feel they did a great job and got nice clean kills. Good for them. And ill say it again...this area of the world contributes ZERO, all we get from them is female genital mutilation, human rights violations and evil railings against you, me and freedom. They want us to turn back the clocks a thousand years and have all women kiss their boots..is this what you want for your children...i say they didn't kill enough...and if my comment is too much for your sensibilities...too bad...go hug a tree, move to Iraq and make a difference, rather than enjoy freedom here and complain about those 'poor bastards'.

What????

You need help.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33They kill themselves purposely, with no regards to other people in the area. If a country were to invade America I'm pretty sure it would not be like the situation in Iraq.

No, it wouldn't, because it would slip right under the noses of most Americans and they would continue watching their American Idol, Colbert Report, and Glen Beck while breaking for intermissions of PS3 and "Your way, right away, at Burger King now."

It's already happening and not enough people pay attention. Perhaps if we were starved of all those nice things for over a decade prior to being invaded we would pay more attention.

The people of Iraq were handed an opportunity to better the country

I was mugged with a knife to my throat one time, perhaps if the mugger would have said he was "providing me with an opportunity to have a lighter wallet" instead of "taking all my cash," I too would have embraced it with flowers and chocolates.

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join