It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
wow gotta love those 30mm's!!

Van Dammage.

I had the pleasure of watching these things first-hand go to work. They make a mess of things real fast. That gunner is surgical...well done. My spotter and i were pinned down for 3 days once and couldn't move...these babies came in and saved our asses more than once. I can't disclose geographical locales i was in 'working' ...but i will say that we had killed about 12 of these guys before they found our position...got dicey pretty quick..we were working with a squad of British SAS fellas...talk about crazy...anyway, one of the guys called in a sortie and whammo...Apache 30mm at it;s best....saved us and got us out in one piece...so maybe i'm a BIT biased on this one.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
reply to post by Elieser

They are already free, but yet they use that freedom to kill their own people. If they were civil enough to work with their own government, I'm sure we would have been out a long time ago.
very well put...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

i saw small arms.....clearly in the vid.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

outline for us your 'rules of engagement'...please...

Want a cool outline?

I'm a sniper, and I use a .50 cal sniper rifle, usually to take down military gear (enemy, of course).

Want to know how ridiculous this thing is?

Me, a sniper (precision shots) have to ask permission to fire, and consider not only the target, but the surroundings, because, in case you don't know, a 50 cal bullet cause a lot of damage...

And, bare in mind, that I'm only ONE soldier with ONE rifle firing ONE shot.

Now, look at the video, and tell me where is the care of the superiors and the gunners in using the same firepower as 100 guys like me firing at the same time.

How is that careful, how are they judging the situation?

"Can I fire? Damn"

"Wait...ugh...Yes. Engage"

"Okay. Firing".

HOW THE HELL IS THIS A SITUATION AVALIATION?

They were waiting for an excuse to fire, they weren't using a excuse to fire. Very subtle differences in words, but a lot more different in meaning.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeddun
reply to post by OrphenFire

i saw small arms.....clearly in the vid.

I didn't. And even if the initial "targets" had small arms, the group of people from the van DID NOT.

reply to post by jeddun

This is hilarious. From my experience, you are either lying outright or seriously delusional. Or both.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by Clisen33

Because we are supposed to be the good guys.

So you're saying the pilots wanted to kill those people, just for the hell of it? Man, I am tired of all this bickering of who is right and wrong. The majority of the U.S. soldiers are good guys, believe it or not.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

When the gunner was begging the wounded man to pick up a weapon, yes. What is your basis for "the majority"? Have you done background checks? I believe many, maybe even most, soldiers are good people. That gunner is not one of them.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Not at all am I defending the government guy... but us as a country are being blamed and slammed for the governments wrong doing...I think the video is disgusting and I feel for the families who've lost children...what you're not getting is that these insurgents are using civilians as a sheild and the american troops are doing what they think is justified...and I use that word lightly because I don't agree with some of it...how many "kids" do you think we've lost in this war? Our soldiers are somebodys son husband brother sister cousin as well?....

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by red_d
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

I don't really understand what you're getting at. What does a video of a US serviceman being shot in the head have to do with anything? It's been a long day and I'm not trying to troll I just don't quite get it.

You do whatever you think you need to, to insure that your brother, possibly you, doesnt take one to the head as well, you make judgement calls at a moments notice, and you make mistakes, you become numb, you become a killing machine so you dont become a statistic, you survive, you do whatever you have to, to make it the hell out of where ever youre at, at the end of it all you never forget, you wish you could but you never do, on both sides of the coin, you'll find survival going on,
you kill, its war, on a personal scale, on your ass getting home scale.
You apologize, you reload, you smoke a cigarette and you aim again and again and again and you get home.
This isnt hollywood this is the real world, the ugly real world.
Youre bitch is with the system not with the people trying to get home.
Its ugly, it will never be glorious.

And I'm not advocating the engagement, I'm saying nasty sh%t happens, and this is some misguided nasty Sh%t.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeddun
Ok, i just watched it again for the third time and i honestly don't see what everyone here is bitching about. Clearly these were scumbags up to no good. It's not unusual for war correspondents to be killed on duty, been happening ever since wars and cameras. They know the risks. I myself saw weapons on some of the targets. I feel they did a great job and got nice clean kills. Good for them. And ill say it again...this area of the world contributes ZERO, all we get from them is female genital mutilation, human rights violations and evil railings against you, me and freedom. They want us to turn back the clocks a thousand years and have all women kiss their boots..is this what you want for your children...i say they didn't kill enough...and if my comment is too much for your sensibilities...too bad...go hug a tree, move to Iraq and make a difference, rather than enjoy freedom here and complain about those 'poor bastards'.

Uhmmm.... How about we leave Iraq?

If Iraq and the Middle East have nothing to offer... then why don't we leave, save American Lives, and a $h!t load of money??? (and lord knows we need the money)

Oh wait... we need to be there for a reason... to protect Israel and Oil Reserves.

Sorry their isn't a McDonalds and Wal Mart in Iraq yet.

It's too Bad that the citizens of Iraq can't rape little boys in their Catholic Churches like they do here in America.

And I'm sorry that Iraq doesn't have High School Football on Friday, College Football on Saturday, and the NFL on Sunday...... and Hollywood to keep them distracted.

The only difference between you and a Iraqi is that you unfortunately came out of a vagina that was located in the western world.... Only if you came out of a vagina in the Middle East, then maybe you'd actually have a heart.

Or wait... maybe if you born in Germany in the 1920's you'd be saying the same thing about Jews in the 40's?

Oh and BTW... you really still think 19 radical muslims pulled off 9/11?

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

Hey i was also a sniper. marine Recon.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

biased or not,
no matter how you feel towards innocent iraqi's, westerners, arabs or anything.

this is disgusting use of force.

everyones so gun ho, '' kill those terrorists ''

yeah right.. lets see what you say when its your father or brother being torn to pieces by some gunho cowboy.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

When the gunner was begging the wounded man to pick up a weapon, yes. What is your basis for "the majority"? Have you done background checks? I believe many, maybe even most, soldiers are good people. That gunner is not one of them.

You also have to note that there was indeed small arms fire on forces in the absolute vicinity to those 'reporters' who were, walking around aimlessly with no visible identification on them. If you were in that unit and had bullets whizzing by your head, I'm almost certain you'd be itching to take them out, right?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Are you trying to say that only american priests molest children? Rabbis jehova witnesses and most religions have been molesting children for centuries...and how is that relevant to this post?....

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

Actually. I admit that I contradicted myself by assuming what I "knew" was correct.

My point that I was trying to get across is that we really do not know 100% of the circumstances either way (That is a bold statement I guess). However, the one constant throughout the video is apparent and that is the total lack of empathy these type of scenarios portray.

I do not know if anyone cares but here is a comment of mine from a discussion elsewhere:

"I think one must think of a solution to the whole problem versus punishing today's or yesterday's culprits. The apparent 'root': the corporate benefactors that profit off of wars, which create financial incentives to lure in people in general. Then of course, to portray war as an enhanced "Call of Duty" video game, one may lure in certain types of people who join the forces merely to get that "enhanced" experience.

*It is not guaranteed that anyone would join for solely one of these reasons, but I am sure they exist. *

So who really is to blame here? Who has the power to stop these type of campaigns for luring in certain type of people, with little to no empathy?

In no way am I saying we should have the entire American Force stand down. For this to happen, the whole world's Forces must stand down. Otherwise, a certain balance must be kept." - UP -

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

But yet they love Sharia law and treat the female population as lesser humans.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33

You also have to note that there was indeed small arms fire on forces in the absolute vicinity to those 'reporters' who were, walking around aimlessly with no visible identification on them. If you were in that unit and had bullets whizzing by your head, I'm almost certain you'd be itching to take them out, right?

It was reported that the journalist was doing a story in another area on "weightlifting" or something, and they heard about the small arms firefight in that area, then went there to report on it. Just as any news team rushes to the action to get the first report. I think they arrived on the scene and realized that it was a pretty quiet morning, thus their casual walking. I mean, it was just a regular day in the city. Then the tragedy strikes. That stupid gunner mistakes his camera for an RPG... sigh...

link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

I totally hear ya man..hey look i have 3 kids of my own..i'm not COMPLETELY without sympathy...however, this particular event may be more than it seems..i don't know..i can only speak from my own experience in the service.

link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

I think I just misread you're original post. Very good point (+1). It's easy for me sitting on my couch judging these guys but I've never been over there. I work a pretty high risk job and have to deal with some pretty messed up stuff but it's not everyday and it's REALLY obvious who the bad guy is.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by red_d]

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join