It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
reply to post by Exuberant1

I think if i were an iraq and i saw huge metal birds hovering around me for 5 minutes circling me i would probably be scared out of my mind and start hiding and peaking around corners. That would be scary as #.

The victims would not have been able to see or hear the helicopter. They can strike accurately from an amazing distance and the victims would not have known where it was coming from.

link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
Something else got my attention about this video.

I'm not a pro when it comes to procedures in a war zone, but why was that group walking around aimlessly and not with coalition forces? I mean, they had no identification on them what so ever that announced they were PRESS.

What happened to wearing vests that said PRESS or something else that identified them as friendlies?

it is because they were local press that were following insurgents. And our procedures in a war zone depending on the mission are simple.
Fire when fired at, and fire when preventing attacks on civilians and coalition forces.

link   
It's on the Australian news now

"US military slayed unarmed Iraqi reporters"

It even mentions wikileaks as the main source!

THE US military has confirmed as authentic a gritty war video circulating on the Internet showing US forces firing repeatedly on a group of men, some of whom were unarmed, as they walked down a Baghdad street.

US military slayed unarmed Iraqi reporters

Looks like poo is hitting the fan.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by crackerjack]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

This is not a war, it's genocide, pure and simple, and many of these soldiers are brainwashed to kill, kill, kill... This madness must end.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by lagenese]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02

Originally posted by Clisen33
Something else got my attention about this video.

I'm not a pro when it comes to procedures in a war zone, but why was that group walking around aimlessly and not with coalition forces? I mean, they had no identification on them what so ever that announced they were PRESS.

What happened to wearing vests that said PRESS or something else that identified them as friendlies?

it is because they were local press that were following insurgents. And our procedures in a war zone depending on the mission are simple.
Fire when fired at, and fire when preventing attacks on civilians and coalition forces.

So, why were they following insurgents?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Okay, as sick as this might have been I hardly think any of it was deliberate.

First off, lets see some of you who are sitting behind your computers watching a video react calmly and patiently in real time during war when the matter of a second could be the difference between life and death for not only you but also the fellow troops you are looking out for on the ground aswell, when you see what you at first glimpse think could be a group of individuals with AK's and an RPG about to be aimed at your chopper.

Now, do I think there are some Americans out there who would react unjustly? Yes, ofourse. Every country has their bad apples though so to point the finger at America alone would not only be naive but is also just plain silly. I also don't think this incident was "bad apples" having fun, if any thing it was lack of good judgement but like I said lets see you guys who have the luxury of pressing play and rewind for 5 hours react in complete certainty in real time when lives are on the line.

However you look at it, this is war. Should it be a war we are in? I don't think so but it is none the less a war and our troops didn't ask to go there they were sent because "most" are true patriots to our country. So when faced with the question shoot first ask later, you can bet if they feel the lives of themselves and their fellow soldiers are on the line they are going to shoot first and I would to.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SiKFury

I know I was just stating to everyone off of your post. kind of like an addition

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
If someone invaded the USA to free us from our current government and some other BS excuse, wouldn't you try and kill those soldiers after they have killed your whole family and keep on killing innocents for fun?
I just hope that these same idiots in the chopper are not the ones guarding the people that are going to do the armed demonstration on April 18th.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

they were following insurgents because the insurgents probably paid them to do so. The insurgents often pay normal civilians to film them doing horrible things to our soldiers. They pay civilians money to attack our bases in Iraq also.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Final Solstice
Okay, as sick as this might have been I hardly think any of it was deliberate.

First off, lets see some of you who are sitting behind your computers watching a video react calmly and patiently in real time during war when the matter of a second could be the difference between life and death for not only you but also the fellow troops you are looking out for on the ground aswell, when you see what you at first glimpse think could be a group of individuals with AK's and an RPG about to be aimed at your chopper.

Now, do I think there are some Americans out there who would react unjustly? Yes, ofourse. Every country has their bad apples though so to point the finger at America alone would not only be naive but is also just plain silly. I also don't think this incident was "bad apples" having fun, if any thing it was lack of good judgement but like I said lets see you guys who have the luxury of pressing play and rewind for 5 hours react in complete certainty in real time when lives are on the line.

However you look at it, this is war. Should it be a war we are in? I don't think so but it is none the less a war and our troops didn't ask to go there they were sent because "most" are true patriots to our country. So when faced with the question shoot first ask later, you can bet if they feel the lives of themselves and their fellow soldiers are on the line they are going to shoot first and I would to.

Well put man!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by crackerjack

THE US military has confirmed as authentic a gritty war video circulating on the Internet showing US forces firing repeatedly on a group of men, some of whom were unarmed, as they walked down a Baghdad street.

This part "some of whom were unarmed" im sorry but what exactly does that have to do with anything?

The media is also saying 25 men gunned down now.....

People spit on the soldiers and they cant even get thier story right. Youll see by tomorrow evening ittl be 250 babies that were putting on a play about the first thanksgiving.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
reply to post by Clisen33

they were following insurgents because the insurgents probably paid them to do so. The insurgents often pay normal civilians to film them doing horrible things to our soldiers. They pay civilians money to attack our bases in Iraq also.

I don't know what to say about that, but to me it just seems highly illogical to walk around aimlessly like that in plain clothes with large cameras.

I don't know what it's like down there.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This is no surprise to me. I just put out a thread out on teen violence. Our society is producing this mentality. We've known for years what's going on over there. Our young people today are so over exposed to violence they
are absolutly immune to conscience.

Violence

[edit on 5-4-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

As a military myself, I have to say you are partially wrong.

Yes, there was a RPG among them, some were armed. And the guy in the van was stupid for stopping with children in his van. He was stupid because he tried to be a good person in a time where everyone was being bad.

BUT there are ROE (rules of engagement).

You CAN'T fire like you want, and the joke that this gunner and his superior try to make by asking each-other if they are supposed to open fire, just to keep in record that they talked between them "asking for permission" is just stupid.

The gunner is pumped up in adrenaline, and is completely (in lack of a better word) unprofessional and unethical.

From the attitude with which he analyzes his targets and is completely trigger happy, to the fact that he doesn't even care to where he is shooting (in case many people have forgotten about it, there is a house where they keep firing at, which, they don't know if it's full of insurgents or full of innocent people).

But mostly, what concerns me the most, is the ease with which orders are given without any respect for ROE's.

He just asked his superior to open fire....what the hell of permission is that?...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well.....everyone there now thinks we are terrorists because of those douchebags. Now they want to blow something else up on our soil. Thanks....murderers

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I honestly do not see anything wrong with this. They were in a aricraft looking at a little screen, at a group of men walking together with what they think is weapons.

One guy looked like he was holding an AK or RPG that was at least waist high. Then when they turn the corner they see something sticking out of the corner. Thinking its a weapon and trying to get the command to protect their brothers on the ground.

I am not sorry that a reporter got killed on accident in order to maybe prevent a could have been attack on American soldiers.

As for those offended by the shooting of the van... would be a bummer if that was a real terrorist and they showed him mercy... terrorists deserve to die for the crap they do. I feel no sympathy towards them.

The reporter death sucks, but its a war zone... kind of dangerous.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lagenese

And, many of these soldiers are eventually going to come home, and guess what?

They are going to go right into law enforcement jobs

need i say more?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

If they cant tell if the cameras where guns or not.....how did they know they where AK's..or an RPG? And...you can clearly see most of them had empty hands...they even sent the children to the iraq hospital, which means they will die anyway. He ran over the body...and laughed...need i go on?????!!!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Poisonpez

.........now everyone thinks we are terrorists...thats the point.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by crackerjack

ALRIGHT! Some Aussie exposure. Nice.

Though it's annoying the way every article i have seen so far paints the picture of a few innocents hanging out with a bunch of armed insurgents.

The US military saw a tripod and thought it was a RPG. They also saw a camera and thought it was a AK47.

I didnt see any actual weapons in the footage.

Oh well, better than no coverage!

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join