It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Comon people THIS IS WHAT WAR IS!!!!!

EVERY WAR!!!

In every war people get killed and it's a silent agree that the good suffer with the bad

This is why I HATE and despise WAR in general.

Every WAR equals acts of terrorism.

Do not let political leaders tell you it's OK to kill other people for what ever reason because it is NOT ok

LOVE is the only answer!! Don't be fooled to believe otherwise

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d123bf491c62.jpg[/atsimg]

Does anyone else see what I see on the back of the van?

www.youtube.com...
Van at 7:45 ish on full version

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone

Originally posted by Reign02

Just to let you know MOST of Iraq LOVES us. We provide them with food, we rebuild schools, we rebuild roads. Funny the NEWS doesn't EVER show that kind of stuff!!! All of you anti-war guys need to do a little more research, everytime I went on patrols to the local villages around Balad EVERYONE from the villages would come out and cheer for us. The village elder would tell us if anything out of the ordinary was going on, we would give them food, candy, water, gatorade and help them with whatever we were able to do. SHAME on people like you who only see the bad things that happen over there. Believe it or not we are helping MORE than we are hurting.

If you hate America so much THEN LEAVE.....

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Reign02]

Nobody said they hate America. They said they hate these atrocities and murders that America is committing in Iraq and elsewhere. Do you finally get it now, dumbkopf?!?

Why is America still in Iraq? You seem to have all the answers. Answer that one.

[edit on 4/6/2010 by dubiousone]

What atrocities? and no I don't get it now........ You are dumb... the media has always told the horror side of war NEVER talking about the good that is being done. Like us rebuilding Iraq LITERALLY! schools, roads, houses, farms you name it and we ARE helping. And America is still in Iraq because yea we need OIL so what, everyone knows that. You seem like one of those n00bs who just looks at the downside of why we are there and the "atrocities" that we are doing. Where is some proof of these "atrocities"??? This is a FACT OIF and OEF HAVE caused the LOWEST number of civilian deaths than any other war we have been envolved in. and WTF is a dumbkopf? are you trying to insult me and call me a DA?? Wow that is very nice of you. And by YOU I mean someone that doesn't have the balls to enlist and SEE exactly what is going on in Iraq. I don't know if you realize this or not but the media, meaning NEWS, has always shown the horror stories of everything, very rarely showing what good is being done. There is a reason for that and it is called ratings. The insurgents use MEDIA for propaganda. They know that if they disarm all insurgents that have been killed and take away the live ones that they can use that against the troops. Yes we do kill innocent people BUT it is because the insurgents HIDE amongst them, so when we do engage we hurt civilians sometimes. Really nobody who has ever been to Iraq can really comment about how this is so horrible because you have NO clue how things are in Iraq. There ARE NO frontlines in this war. They use guerilla tactics and ambush us. In this video there IS a guy with an RPG and several AK47s now the media guys were following these guys probably preparing to film or shoot them attacking US soldiers for their MEDIA. You can plainly hear ground forces directing the Helo and telling them that they were under fire and needed help. Then after the helo shot them up, they called the ground troops to secure the scene. It is not anything to be alarmed at and the so what that someone innocent got killed.... I never hear any btching about the genocide going on in Africa or anything else throughout the world. What about the fact that they cut off several photojournalists head on the internet. They kill innocent civilians all the time......... But you don't whine and cry for those guys do you? Oh but since we took out some insurgents and there happened to be media crew that got killed it is a HUGE deal...... IT IS WAR THIS STUFF HAPPENS

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
What the video shows is murder, but if you put yourself in that situation, you would have done the same, this is what happens in war.

The war is unjustified, sending our brothers, fathers and sons there is unjustified, bring our boys home.

We shouldn't even be in Afghanistan for that matter, if our Government really wanted to fight terrorism they would go where the money is coming from Saudi Arabia, Jordan. But we all know that will never happen, even though majority of the 9/11 hijackers came from S.A.

In Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan they can always find another cave, and more disfranchised muslims to fight for their cause. But if they have no money, no means to funnel that money to continue their terrorist operations, and we're not bombing the # out of them, maybe that will suppress terrorism?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

The rather ambiguous white thing that may be a license plate or a myriad of other things? Yeah I did too and it freaked me out for a second, then I realized we are arguing whether or not a camera is an RPG etc... Good eye though!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The CNN story sums it up as such:

"The video released today via WikiLeaks is graphic evidence of the dangers involved in war journalism and the tragedies that can result."

Now...is this the overall point to be learned from this video? It seems that CNN thinks so. If this is all they think there is for us to learn from it, then we are in worse trouble than I thought.

It's a damn shame when our own soldiers (under orders) kill like this and the only thing CNN can think of telling us is that there are "dangers involved in war journalism..."

Bloody freakin hell. I'm moving to the moon.

--J

(edited for grammar)

[edit on 4/6/2010 by JamesTheScribe]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
It seems like Yahoo has an article on this. Saying: "AP source confirms video of Baghdad firefight" I guess there really trying to put it out there if this video is fake or not...

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Broncochamp]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The video is not any different from other videos on sites like liveleak, except that this one tells much more of what has been going on for "YEARS"...

Can you imagine what YEARS of the same stuff happening everyday is like?

That injured man crawling on the side walk really broke my heart..

Then the "oh well..." and "that's what you get for bringing your kid to a war" is really disgusting!!

This is the stuff that cultivates hatred against anything and everything American..

Very sad is our reality..

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by red_d

www.icti-e.com...

I argued that the sanction regime resulted in “Inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part”, as the UN Genocide Convention, art.2d, reads. There is abundant unquestionable evidence for the intentional use of sanctions to inflict such conditions on the Iraqi as a national group, as it will be shown hereafter.

In the case of the US-UK manipulated sanctions we have a rare case of evidence. It is public knowledge that senior US officials were talking of the elimination of the Iraqi people as a worthy endeavour! Albright affirmed genocidal intent of the US-UK sanctions against Iraq by saying the killing of half a million Iraqi children was “worth it”, as she said on May 12 1996 in the CBS “60 Minutes” segment, “Punishing Saddam”

Thomas J. Nagy showed “How the U.S. Intentionally Destroyed Iraq’s Water Supply’ (in: The Progressive, September, 2001), based on declassified documents produced by the US Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA). These documents prove that the US military intentionally engineered measures resulting in high death toll among civilians and children in particular due to massive disease outbreaks.

Ramsey Clark said in November 2000 when Bush was not yet declared president that “The sanctions against Iraq are genocidal conduct under the law, according to the 1948 United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide - which, by the way, the United States refused to endorse until 1988 and explicitly refuses to comply with to this day. The sanctions against Iraq have killed more than 1.5 million people, more than half of them children under the age of five, an especially vulnerable segment of the population.”

By the time of the US-UK invasion in March 2003, huge masses of shipments of goods valued US$ 5.2 billon—prepaid by Iraq’s oil revenues filling the UN administrated accounts—were delayed or simply blocked for years under any pretext by the UN representatives of the US and British governments of the day.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Man I didn't even think about whether or not the press have to contact the military. Would make a hell of a lot of sense wouldn't it? I suppose they might but I bet there are an awful lot there. If they don't have to give the military a heads up maybe this will spur on some policy change.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by red_d

I have a magnify glass I am looking at the video with and the details popped out very well when magnified. I realize in the screen capture it simply appears it could be.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlKashif
The video is not any different from other videos on sites like liveleak, except that this one tells much more of what has been going on for "YEARS"...

Can you imagine what YEARS of the same stuff happening everyday is like?

That injured man crawling on the side walk really broke my heart..

Then the "oh well..." and "that's what you get for bringing your kid to a war" is really disgusting!!

This is the stuff that cultivates hatred against anything and everything American..

Very sad is our reality..

You are right . We need to stop the wars but both sides want them who do we vote for? It is like they have made it a way of life not a choice. And Obama is only expanding the fight? WHY?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Also, I feel the reason this was "leaked" footage could give the Pentagon to restrict the Press even more in war zones.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesTheScribe
The CNN story sums it up as such:

"The video released today via WikiLeaks is graphic evidence of the dangers involved in war journalism and the tragedies that can result."

Now...is this the overall point to be learned from this video? It seems that CNN thinks so. If this is all they think there is for us to learn from it, then we are in worse trouble than I thought.

It's a damn shame when our own soldiers (under orders) kill like this and the only thing CNN can think of telling us is that there are "dangers involved in war journalism..."

Bloody freakin hell. I'm moving to the moon.

--J

(edited for grammar)

[edit on 4/6/2010 by JamesTheScribe]

I could not agree more with your sentiment.

The PR machine that is the corporation called the Untied States of America has refined their propaganda to such a degree that this will probably work.

Welcome to HELL!!

I think that I just realized that it is a real place and that is where I am currently located...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

OK, I'll leave now.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

No kidding? Man I just moved and really don't feel like digging for my magnifying glass tonight. Giving you the benefit of the doubt on this one but I want to see what it looks like too. If there were an American flag it would be an interesting development though I'm not sure if the chopper guys would pick up on that detail.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Remember if you laugh at that, you better not judge the soldiers for laughing. I laughed pretty hard, then felt guilty, then laughed again. Dang gallows humor.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It's finally getting picked up by the MSM now

This just featured on the NineMSN page
Ninemsn coverage

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Leaked video shows U.S. attack that killed 2 news staff
www.cbc.ca...

Leaked U.S. video shows deaths of Reuters' Iraqi staffers
www.reuters.com...

Video shows deaths of two Reuters journalists in Iraq in 2007
www.cnn.com...

Wikileaks releases video of Iraq journalist shooting
news.cnet.com...

WikiLeaks posts video of 'US military killings' in Iraq
news.bbc.co.uk...

WikiLeaks reveals proof of murder in Iraq
rt.com...

U.S. pilot seen firing on people in Iraq
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Video Appears to Show U.S. Forces Firing on Unarmed Suspects in Baghdad
www.foxnews.com...

Wikileaks leaked video of Civilians killed in Baghdad — Full video
www.infowars.com...

[edit on 6-4-2010 by ZombieSlayer]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Why do so many innocent people die in the wars of America? Why would you defend those casualties as collateral? Why are so many American soldiers coming home mentally crushed?

Why is America building so much for Iraq?
Here's one I can answer!
Because you blew the # out of it in the first place!

Iraq will become a poster child for occupation! Like when creating a soldier first you must break them in order to rebuild them!
Iraq will be rebuilt just the way America needs it!

new topics

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join