It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't Obama release college records?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

No, This thread is about Obama not Bush and if I recall Obama was not shy is in discussing his days of getting stoned and using coc aine.

Try to find anything written by him during his tenure at the helm of Harvard Law Review. Personally, I would find any writings by him to be interesting reading. Those writings would certainly shine a little perspective on the man and his ideologies. I would also expect that he is still essentially the same man that he was back in those days.

Nothing exists. I was able to find one article that he allegedly wrote but did not sign his name to and the Harvard archives are quite extensive.

People want to know more about him because he literally arose out of no where. Unless you lived in Chicagoland at the time of his rise you would not know squat about him.

It is all about curiosity. I can't wait to see what they will put in the Obama presidential library. Nothing? or just some signed copies of Dreams of my Father.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Grassisgreener

You generally need an undergrad degree to go to an ABA approved school. I think Harvard Law is kind of picky with regards to whom they let in. I am not quite sure if they would let in a college drop out.

While it is true in some states there is a back door for sitting for the bar, it is very rare for someone to meet these requirements. If Obama had been able to take the bar using this backdoor requirement, he would have had to work for a judge or law office for several years. We do not have any evidence of Obama working several years in a law office or judge's chambers before law school.

The Illinois Bar (which Obama belonged to) requires both a 4 year college degree and a JD degree. Illinois Bar Requirements

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
It seems that the majority of America neither required a "long-form birth certificate" nor his college records. Majority rules so

Yeah, but WHAT IF your president is NOT the individual for which that short form birth certificate belongs to. What if his long form birth certificate contains something like note of a birth mark or something else .. which this guy in office doesn't have?

How do we know that man is the same person as that little boy in those pictures? To think that a subversive plant couldn't happen would be like saying that the CIA would be incapable of planting a leader in some other nation. .. Scared enough to want to check his credentials now?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
Why will Obama not opem his college records to scrutiny?

Probably because they are none of our business.

I don't know why people think they have some sort of right to see know everything about our president, down to whether he likes the toilet paper to go over or under... This fascination with every aspect of his personal life is very interesting.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

If you read this thread or some of my other posts, I have defended Obama. I do think the people have a good reason to look at their President's academic credentials.

As President of the US, Obama has oversee many different agencies. These agencies often craft policies that involve complex and arcane issues. While the President need not have, nor could he be expected to have extensive expertise in every subject area the government deals with, he should be able to have some basic comprehension of the issues.

We do not need the President to have a M.D., but we do not want someone who flunked freshman biology overseeing the National Institutes of Health. The President does not need an MBA or a Ph.D. in Economics, but we would not want someone who flunked Economics 101 overseeing the Treasury. The President does not need to be a former member of the Harvard Law Review, but he should not have gotten a D in Political Science.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Yeah, but doesn't everyone brag about stuff that ain't nobody else's business when they have cause to be proud of whatever it is that's nobody else's business? Is he not proud of this accomplishment?

The whole thing is just so highly suspicious, and suspicious people are often guilty of something they are trying to hide. You'd think he would just 'put up' to 'shut us up' .. if he could. My money says he's hiding something he doesn't want anyone else to know, it's the only logical conclusions. I'm sure he is above any pettiness of not wanting to show us merely because we asked to see. He refuses because he has something to hide.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how things turn out after his 4 years are up to be able to decide if he's done good for us or if he came here to make things a whole lot worse. Time will tell after we check his "before" and "after" results!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

He graduated from Columbia and Harvard. He TAUGHT Constitutional Law. If that's not enough to show you that he's pretty smart, then I don't know what is. Some of the most brilliant minds got Ds in school. A letter on a piece of paper has no bearing on whether or not he can be a good president.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
If this presidency were indeed interested in transparency, executive order 13489 (protecting presidential records) would NOT have been signed on January 21, 2009 - Obama's first full day as president. Really, that was one of the most important things to address upon inauguration? Why is that? And there's nothing to hide?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I have to disagree. The very ACT of campaigning is applying for a job. He applied for the biggest job in the country, and he got it. But he lied on his application, since he promised transparency, and this administration has been the least transparent my memory. And since he ordered his academic records sealed before the election, that means the lies started before the election.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Scalded Frog

He personally ordered his records sealed before the election. The executive order just made it darn near impossible to get to them.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
Why will Obama not opem his college records to scrutiny?

I don't know why people think they have some sort of right to see know everything about our president, down to whether he likes the toilet paper to go over or under... This fascination with every aspect of his personal life is very interesting.

That's garbage. I have a PhD in chemistry from a major university and every position i have ever applied to has requested my undergrad and graduate transcripts, in addition to any peer reviewed publications. It's a measure of your educational background and if i were to refuse, well they would refuse to hire me.

No, grades are not everything but people tend to embellish their abilities and academic records are a fairly accurate representation of one's ability in a specialized field.

This is neither an inquiry into Obama's ex girlfriends nor is it to discover whether Obama wore scooby doo or superman underwear as a child. We're talking about his academic records... Something that is passed around to thousands of potential employers and scholarship committees everyday, and something one should be proud of or at minimum accept responsibility for apparent shortcomings.

In the spirit of disclosure I wore superman undies and i like the hat on the dog in your avatar.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by doublehelix]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Why do we need to see his college records? Obviously he was smart enough to get himself elected president of the United States

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I know I'd like to see them and find it odd (not really) that the unbiased press we have hasn't asked for them.

Maybe the reason he ordered them sealed is that he doesn't want the country to see The Real obama, that his views might be so far left that it'd make Hitler look like a crossing guard.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
Obviously he was smart enough to get himself elected president of the United States

He got elected because he bribed the voters with kickbacks. "If you vote for me, I will rob Peter to pay Paul." He won because he pretended to be Robbing Hoodlum. Hell, even I could get elected if I promised you all the moon or a million bucks or whatever it was ya'll wanted for free free FREE!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I think it's funny how some people defending Obama cite the fact that GWB did coc aine and has an alcohol problem.

If GWB had sealed his records like Obama has, they wouldn't have that to throw out there now, would they?

I want to know what he is hiding.

It is mighty hard to deny that HE IS HIDING SOMETHING.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
B. Hussein Obama refuses to release the records because he is deceiving people. He has something to hide. Most likely he conceals the fact that he is a muslim, not born in the United States of America, ineligible to be President, and engaged in jihad against the West under the guise of social justice and communism.

He is the anti-American president. All the world should rejoice!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
What good would providing college records be?

george bush can provide them too, but he's dumb as a rock. in fact, shouldnt bush's college teachers be interviewed and asked how he made passing grades?

for that fact, how the hell did bush graduate high school?

mmm....

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by doublehelix
That's garbage. I have a PhD in chemistry from a major university and every position i have ever applied to has requested my undergrad and graduate transcripts, in addition to any peer reviewed publications. It's a measure of your educational background and if i were to refuse, well they would refuse to hire me.

But it's not required for the presidency! Never has been. Till now, of course.

We're talking about his academic records... Something that is passed around to thousands of potential employers and scholarship committees everyday, and something one should be proud of or at minimum accept responsibility for apparent shortcomings.

And something to which you and I have absolutely NO right to view. Regardless what's in there.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

And something to which you and I have absolutely NO right to view. Regardless what's in there.

What? He's one of OUR employees. We pay his salary. He works for US. He SHOULD provide the credential that WE DEMAND, just as any employer would expect from any potential employee.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I admire your restraint on this thread even though I think the OP and many other posters are rather transparent.

Lets face it.
People on this thread want to mask their "birther" colours by claiming the OP is about the Presidents credentials.

Lets stop the B.S. people.

You just can't accept the truth.

The Presidents life is not a reality television show. He can and does have the right to protect his own privacy, after all, the last time I checked, the USA was a free country.

He Graduated from both Columbia and Harvard.

Graduated from Columbia University in 1983 and Harvard Law School in 1991. He graduated from Harvard Magna cum laude, that is the Latin for "with great praise". Which is given to students that are significantly above the average.

How is that for a grade? Harvard Magna cum laude.

Worked for Chicago law firm Miner, Barnhill & Galland from 1993 to 1996. Taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1993.

Read that again. He taught constitutional Law.
That is what your country is founded in, the constitution. Constitutional Law is the body of law that deals the distribution and exercising of Government power.
Your president taught that. He is now the leader of a country established by a constitution and your president is so well versed in the knowledge and legal philosophies regarding the distribution and exercise of government power in relation to that constitution that he could teach it.

But I guess they just let him teach Constitutional Law because he failed it but was from Kenya and secretly trying to trick Americans into making him President.

Maybe he just wanted to protect himself and his family from the general public, a general public full of nutjobs that can't accept a smart man and who is also a progressive democrat as the POTUSA after spending eight years idolizing Bush, a man almost universally known for supreme stupidity.

Its about time all you "birthers" came out of the closet on this thread.

Benevolent, I think you being too gentle with these people.

No one batted an eye lid when Obama won his state senate seat in Illinois, nor questioned his school grades when he made a run at the House of Reps, or again in 2004 when he became Senator.

The only reason people are questioning his grades now, is because birthers think he is actually from Kenya.
That is why.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Derised Emanresu]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join