It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't Obama release college records?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by Derised Emanresu How about the Radicals he apparently had dealings with?
Dude, he was the first Black man to Head the Harvard Law review, which was big news back then.
Dude.
You shouldn't have a problem with coming up with ANYTHING he wrote in that capacity. Huh?

Obama's article, which begins on page 823 of Volume 103 of the Harvard Law Review, is available in libraries and subscription-only legal databases.

Not like you actually wanted an answer? Huh?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
reply to post by tigpoppa

That's the point. Presidents usually release their records during the campaign. Obama had his sealed.

Facts usually don't have much effect on threads like this...but alas I'll try.

He hasn't "sealed" his records...And please show me other candidates scholl records...

the truth is that it would be illegal under federal law (the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974) for those institutions to give those records to reporters or members of the public without Obama’s specific, written permission. Obama hasn’t given that permission, but other presidential candidates generally don’t either. George W. Bush didn’t give permission to either Andover or Yale to release his grades when he was running for president,

www.factcheck.org...

[edit on 1-4-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

For me, it is not about birth or race, it is about a politician(a lying one at that) hiding something.
-------------

This cracks me up. You guys don't remember the most secretive Pres. we ever had just 2 years ago? He laid in a coffin during a secret society ritual at Yale & masterbated!!! He was busted several times for DUI in Texas as well as caught with coc aine but had his daddy erase it from public record. He was & still is a untreated alcoholic!!! He almost killed himself on a pretzel drunk off his ass!! Do you recall now? The only election he won was for goveror of Texas besides that you guys still think he's a Texan!! He was born in Connecticut . Waterboarded in secret, grabbed people off the street and held them without charges, wire tapped us all.
Obama goes to a 2 year school & doesn't want his grades exposed now tunnel vision hits the righties because they forgot all of this. Now they are butt hurt over a black man in the white house just admit it.
Petty crap & you know it.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I don't really care about his GPA or any of that. What does concern me is that for some one with 8 years of higher learning, as J.D and graduating magna cum laude, we don't have one single paper or article written by him that whole time frame, other then what the President tells us in his self authored books.

That seems odd to me. Wouldn't there be something Obama would have been especially proud of that he would want to show?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

here's a couple. Not all complete unfortunately... W's, Gore's, and Kerry's.

2004.georgewbush.org...

www.insidepolitics.org...

www.washingtonpost.com...

There is no mention of my place of birth on any of my transcripts, and i doubt there would be anything on Obama's. More than likely his undergrad transcript are mediocre and that is why they have not been released.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by doublehelix

here's a couple. Not all complete unfortunately... W's, Gore's, and Kerry's.

2004.georgewbush.org...

Bush must be from Kenya too...

George W. Bush didn’t give permission to either Andover or Yale to release his grades when he was running for president, for example, according to a 1999 profile in the Washington Post. Bush’s grades at Yale eventually became public, but only because somebody leaked them to the New Yorker magazine

www.factcheck.org...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
I don't really care about his GPA or any of that. What does concern me is that for some one with 8 years of higher learning, as J.D and graduating magna cum laude, we don't have one single paper or article written by him that whole time frame, ...

That seems odd to me.

I cited one of his articles from the Harvard Law Review in my post above, yet just a couple of posts later on the same page, you claim "we don't have one single paper or article written by him that whole time frame"...

THAT seems odd to me.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

I don't really care about his GPA or any of that. What does concern me is that for some one with 8 years of higher learning, as J.D and graduating magna cum laude, we don't have one single paper or article written by him that whole time frame, ...

That seems odd to me.

I cited one of his articles from the Harvard Law Review in my post above, yet just a couple of posts later on the same page, you claim "we don't have one single paper or article written by him that whole time frame"...

THAT seems odd to me.

His unsigned piece is not much to talk about.

As president of the Harvard Law Review and a law professor in Chicago, Senator Barack Obama refined his legal thinking, but left a scant paper trail. His name doesn't appear on any legal scholarship.

He made very deliberate attempts to avoid ruffling any feathers according to his fellow students.

www.politico.com...

edit to add:

In the end, though, Obama's time on the Review mirrored other aspects of his life. Even in the staunchly liberal milieus in which he has spent his entire adult life, Obama has managed to lead without leaving a clear ideological stamp, and to respect — and even, at times, to embrace — opposing views. To his critics, that's a sign of a lack of core beliefs. To his admirers, it's the root of his appeal.

www.politico.com...

[edit on 2-4-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
He won't release his college records because they would prove that he was enrolled as a foreign student and not as a citizen of the U.S.

Same reason he has the rest of the stuff sealed up tight. He is a fake.

No...
I think it's because they are stamped in bright red cap, "AFFIRMATIVE ACTION", which means clear sailing, pass every test whether taken or not, and diploma made out on first day of enrollment.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by travisirius

For me, it is not about birth or race, it is about a politician(a lying one at that) hiding something.
-------------

This cracks me up. You guys don't remember the most secretive Pres. we ever had just 2 years ago? He laid in a coffin during a secret society ritual at Yale & masterbated!!! He was busted several times for DUI in Texas as well as caught with coc aine but had his daddy erase it from public record. He was & still is a untreated alcoholic!!! He almost killed himself on a pretzel drunk off his ass!! Do you recall now? The only election he won was for goveror of Texas besides that you guys still think he's a Texan!! He was born in Connecticut . Waterboarded in secret, grabbed people off the street and held them without charges, wire tapped us all.

If he was a democrat, Bush would be the second messiah with those qualifications.
If Bush wasn't governor, he'd still be overqualified compared to Barry (pbuh)

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

I believe that neither hillary nor mccain were/are allowed to bring up
barry's birth or college records.
they know the score of self preservation.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by AmericanDaughter]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Just because he was on Law Review, it does not necessarily mean he published an article.

Law Reviews are scholarly journals. Unlike most fields, where editorial decisions in scholarly journals are made by professors and other people at the top of the field, law reviews are edited by students. As a member of Harvard Law Review, Obama's duties would include performing editorial functions like verifying article citations and proofreading. If Obama were a member of the editorial board, his duties may have included functions like selecting which articles would get published or supervising other members.

Members of law reviews also write a thesis called a comment. Law reviews will only publish a small number of comments. I do not know whether Obama's comment was ever published, but it is not necessarily a knock on him if his comment was not published.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

That seems odd to me.

THAT seems odd to me.

His unsigned piece is not much to talk about.

Oh for the love of God!!!

The claim was made that there was not "one single paper or article written by him that whole time frame, ..."

I provided a paper of his from that time period...

And your retort is it is that the paper is "not much to talk about"

Where have I seen this crazy BS circle of debate before???

Oh yah...his birth certificate..

What utter BS.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Perhaps I didn't make my point clearly enough. For a Man who graduated Magna Cum Laude and wrote an autobiography and book of his thoughts, you would imagine he thinks pretty highly of himself. I am sure he wrote some things in his 8 years of College that he would want to share as well. I just find it weird we don't have much in the way of his college work for such a verbose man.

What were some of his major school papers/thesis on during his college years? I think it would give everyone a further insight into the Man who was to become our President. If you could supply that, i would be grateful.

It's a moot point however, as he won't allow them to be released. So we are left to this.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by Derised Emanresu How about the Radicals he apparently had dealings with?
Dude, he was the first Black man to Head the Harvard Law review, which was big news back then.
Dude.
You shouldn't have a problem with coming up with ANYTHING he wrote in that capacity. Huh?

Obama's article, which begins on page 823 of Volume 103 of the Harvard Law Review, is available in libraries and subscription-only legal databases.

Not like you actually wanted an answer? Huh?
Star for that.

I was having trouble finding anything.

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by travisirius

-------------

Obama goes to a 2 year school & doesn't want his grades exposed now tunnel vision hits the righties because they forgot all of this. Now they are butt hurt over a black man in the white house just admit it.
Petty crap & you know it.
Just to keep you abreast of who I am.
I did not support GWB's Presidency.
I am sick and tired of lying Republicans and Democrats.
I am tired of people that believe that there are more than one or two representatives in Congress that are looking out for the people.

So you don't need to call me a 'righty', if you want to be correct.
I am a libertarian.
I support the legalization substances that I can't mention here, do to T&C issues, so I think that pretty much throws me out of the 'right wing' camp. I understand that you couldn't have known this, but I want you to know that.

My interest is in having another lying politician that campaigned promising an open and transparent administration held to it.

I am not an 'Obama' hater, I am a lying politician hater.

Thanks for listening.

p.s. I don't appreciate the whole race thing. I have both black and American Indian ancestors.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is what Rev.Manning has to say about that period in the life of the "long-legged mack daddy"!

The trial begins May 14th.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Here's a sample of Obama's writing skills:

UNDERGROUND

Under water grottos, caverns
Filled with apes
That eat figs.
Stepping on the figs
That the apes
Eat, they crunch.
The apes howl, bare