It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't Obama release college records?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

You had your chance to ask that question before he was elected.

Its a little bit rich to hand some a four year contract, and then kick up a stink about wether or not he can do the job.

The fact that Obama has progressed through the USA political system would suggest that he knows what he is doing.

He was chosen as a senate representative, the party he represented chose him as one of their candidates for the position of the democrat to run for the presidential election which he won and then the Public decided that he was the Presidential candidate they wanted to be president.

And now you want a his grades.

B.S.

Come out of the closet birther.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Derised Emanresu]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

He graduated from Columbia and Harvard. He TAUGHT Constitutional Law. If that's not enough to show you that he's pretty smart, then I don't know what is. Some of the most brilliant minds got Ds in school. A letter on a piece of paper has no bearing on whether or not he can be a good president.

Correct. But, how does a self-described slacker, stoner, C-Student from Occidental get into Columbia and subsequently Harvard Law School. Not to mention his tenure at the helm of HLR. For some reason his Columbia application must have looked pretty damn good against those of thousands of Straight A students striving for an Ivy League diploma. It must have been one hell of an application.

Not to mention the fact that he was flat broke at the time.

According to his memoir, he passed his first night in an alley, unable to get into his apartment. The next morning, he apparently bathed at a hydrant alongside a homeless man. He also spoke of living in underheated apartments and of a dead neighbor lying on the landing during is NY years.

That drama is a little too heavy for me to believe. The bathing in the hydrant was a nice touch though.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Derised Emanresu

Just one question.

Why seal those records if there's nothing to hide?

Just to let you know, I am not a 'birther'. So you can throw it at me if you want, but will be a waste of time, because it won't stick in this case.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Who gives a crap?

If he did release them what good would it have done you?

What information would you hope to glean from his college records?

If I were Obama knowing I would have to deal with idiots on the internet turning every single thing into a conspiracy, I would have sealed them all too.

Any constitutional requisite for him to give you all this information?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

There was nothing to hide.

He only protected himself when he became the POTUS after he was sworn in.
AFTER.
No one picked up anything unusual right up until that moment. No one mentioned anything. At the state level, at the house of reps, running for the democratic selection or as the Presidential candidate. Nothing at all, Until he exercised his right to protect his privacy.

Up until then, no one had a problem with his grades. Now, birthers desperate to attack the POTUSA jumped on this as some kind of proof that he must be hiding something.

Look at the scrutiny he was under.

If there was something there, it would have been found before he sealed them post his inauguration.

Just one question. Why are you asking now? Because yoo think the POTUSA is from Kenya.

When are you birthers going to fess up.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

They say, "The simplest answer is usually the correct answer." And I believe the simplest answer here is that Obama has something to hide.

But that's just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Derised Emanresu
The Presidents life is not a reality television show. He can and does have the right to protect his own privacy, after all, the last time I checked, the USA was a free country.

What blows me away is that these are the same people claiming to protect and defend the Constitution and its rights for ALL people. Clearly, that's lip service. Because they are only respecting and defending the rights of SOME and not others. That is in direct opposition to the Constitution that they claim to love and live by.

Benevolent, I think you being too gentle with these people.

The way these people act does not determine my behavior.
Read my signature.

The only reason people are questioning his grades now, is because birthers think he is actually from Kenya.

That may be why for some. For others it's political (because he's a Democrat) and others still, there are more dismal reasons. But they are entitled to their views and opinions, no matter how morally reprehensible.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Sounds like you are easily convinced.

I like think that if there is nothing to hide, why give it that appearance?
That would be stupid. He is not stupid.

Still with the 'birther' routine.
I do not doubt that Obama is an American citizen.

I don't know what's in those sealed records, no one who's talking does.
You say that there is nothing to hide. Do you have the records? You don't know what is in there either.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Why do I think that if the President's father had been a jew from England, and the Presidents first name was Baruch, and his stepfather had been an irishman named O'Reilly who took the family to live in Ireland, and the President had occasionally called himself "Barry O'Reilly" when he was younger, that these threads would not exist?
He would still have been born a "british subject", he would have been automatically an irish citizen if his stepfather had legally adopted him, and he would still have used a different name, but no one would throw those things at him. No one would be calling him a foreigner. They would take for granted that he was born in Hawaii like he and his short form birth certificate says. The fact that he's a member of the United Church of Christ and that he's written about how he accepted Jesus as his savior would be enough for most people to accept that he's a christian, and no one would be asking to see his grade card.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Very simply stated, he has something to hide! Nobody spends $1.7MILLION dollars to fight in court to keep records sealed unless they are hiding something. Occams Razor - the simplest answer is usually the correct answer!

Watching the typical Obama supporters convulse over this is humorous in one sense and sad in another.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by christianpatrick

Have you ever heard of Arnold Swarzenegger?
Very much has been made of his citizenship and his preclusion for any POTUS aspirations.
He is white. Also Austrian.
Lots of people are on the record making the point that he is not allowed by the Constitution to even run for POTUS.

For me, it is not about birth or race, it is about a politician(a lying one at that) hiding something.

It is not about Republicans and Democrats, they are both the same.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Occam's razor is a crutch for people who have no imagination. The simplest answer for everything is always "God did it." or "The devil did it." If Occam's razor had been thought of back in the paleolithic era, we would still be living in caves.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Arnold has never claimed to be born in the US. He was well known before he ever set foot here. Have you actually seen Gerald Ford's birth certificate? Do you know for a fact that he was born here? Were you out protesting when he got himself appointed president? How about Richard Nixon, the man who appointed him? Did you ever see his law school transcripts? His birth certificate? Do you even know for a fact that GW Bush was born in the United States? Have you seen HIS birth certificate? Or his military records? Sealed. Felons probably can't run for president. How do we know he wasn't court martialled for desertion? Were you out protesting then? If you were, I salute you. If you weren't, why not?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Very simply stated, he has something to hide! Nobody spends $1.7MILLION dollars to fight in court to keep records sealed unless they are hiding something. Occams Razor - the simplest answer is usually the correct answer!

Birther Lie!

To believers, the legal engagement itself is evidence that something's afoot.

"[Obama] is spending hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars to keep this information from getting out," said Gary Kreep, the lawyer representing former presidential candidate Alan Keyes, who sued Obama in California to prevent the state from certifying its election results.

Keyes recently called the citizenship issue "the greatest crisis this nation has ever seen" and warned of "chaos, confusion and civil war."

Kreep has been battling Obama's California lawyer, Fredric Woocher, to release the president's records from Occidental College on the theory that they might provide information about his citizenship.

Woocher has threatened to seek sanctions against Kreep for pursuing the case.

"This suit, like all of the others that have been filed challenging Obama's qualifications for the Presidency, is frivolous," he said in an email to POLITICO, adding that he is, in fact, working pro bono. "There is absolutely no truth to the stories about the untold millions supposedly being paid to us," he said.

dyn.politico.com...

Your Occams Razor is dull my friend.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by christianpatrick

I haven't protested anyone.

I am asking why.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Sucker!

I'm selling bridges. Really, REALLY nice bridges. How many would you like?

Just wondering if you happened to notice that the article stated that he wasn't paying millions to that particular person. Nowhere did it assert that he wasn't paying millions to someone else! Man, you obama worshippers are something else.

Edit to add: I'm also curious why Obama's attorney's are threatening people's careers for pursuing his records. Whatever he is hiding must be HUGE and career-ending. No one goes to these lengths unless the information is devastating.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by kozmo]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Whatever, like it's ever going to amount to ANYTHING.

You all should probably grow up and get over it. Obama is not leaving office until at the earliest January 20, 2013. So, whine bitch and moan all you want to. But at LEAST I am willing to put up some credible PROOF to my claims. What do you got sucker? Tell me, what PROOF do you got?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Sounds like you are easily convinced.
I am not easily convinced. Again I will ask you, why was nothing found at the state, House, Democratic nomination and Presidential nomination stages?

I like think that if there is nothing to hide, why give it that appearance?
That would be stupid. He is not stupid.
He protected himself AFTER BECOMING POTUS.
He is free to do that.
What part of that don't you understand.
Up until he was POTUS, it was all there. No one said a thing. Because there was nothing worth mentioning.

Still with the 'birther' routine.
I do not doubt that Obama is an American citizen.
Then why are you doubting his rights?
Only birthers keep this issue going.

I don't know what's in those sealed records, no one who's talking does.
Have you considered that there is nothing to talk about?

You say that there is nothing to hide. Do you have the records? You don't know what is in there either.

Mate, you can't be serious.
Obama couldn't even go to church without having his Reverend dragged through the mud. How about the Radicals he apparently had dealings with?
Dude, he was the first Black man to Head the Harvard Law review, which was big news back then. The man has been under the spot light for a long, long time.

But they all missed the damning college records he had sealed AFTER he became president?
All his opponents and political enemies right through the state senate, the run for the house of reps, the democratic nominees and the presidential election.
Yeah sure!
They all missed it and when he became president he suddenly became worried and had them sealed.
Come out of the closet birther.

Look what they did to John Kerry's vietnam record in 2004. Do you really think the Republicans missed something in Obama's records. Please!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
because the records not only show education and scoring... but it also shows birth place.... and they do not want that out there...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Derised Emanresu How about the Radicals he apparently had dealings with?
Dude, he was the first Black man to Head the Harvard Law review, which was big news back then.
Dude.
You shouldn't have a problem with coming up with ANYTHING he wrote in that capacity. Huh?

Let me know what you come up with.

Radicals he associated with? Look at the yearbook picture of the Black Students Organization (he says he belonged to that group) for 1983, when Obama graduated from Columbia.
He is not there.

Again, I am not a birther. I do smell something rotten, at the very least a habitual liar.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join