It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do UFOs need/use lights?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
because they are military and meant to F with the common people.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Anyone think that maybe aliens are alien to us? They evolved in a entirely different environment. They're also advanced if there coming here, cyborgs maybe? Light is an efficient manner of data transfer, bioluminescence is common in the deep sea, maybe they evolved on a dark world and use light to talk. The orange to red lights could also extend further into the infared and microwave ranges, we only "see" what our eyes evolved to see. Also if one alien race made it here who said others haven't as well, this could be used to explain why some seem to be part of a propulsion system (maybe the lights have a dual purpose ie: communication and propulsion). These are just some things to think about.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by sparky8251]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremy_Vaeni

Originally posted by big_BHOY

Brilliant question, OP!!!

The only answer I can think of is: Because they want to be seen. They want to be noticed. And, perhaps, they want to appear like aliens that are similar enough to us that we can comprehend them. (Or think we can.)

If Aliens wanted to be seen, they wouldn't be spotted mostly at night. They could send a video transmission of themselves from the safety of orbit. Simply hack the communication satellites & they have a world stage for anyone watching tv. A worldwide event like that, could not be totally stopped by anyone!

Heck, they could land & do it in any country they so chose.

If they want to be seen, then why are these craft always flying off after a few secs/mins?

If they want to appear like us, then using glowing balls of light in the sky that are far different from anything we have. These balls of light that fly away from anything that gets near it, don't seem like anyone that wants to be seen.

If they wanted to be seen or communicate with us, there are far more obvious/efficient/direct ways to do it!

Right. But this presumes that "wanting to be seen" means wanting to communicate directly and be seen in the way you describe and that they are aliens in the first place. One or both of those may be wrong.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Jeremy_Vaeni]

This also presumes that according to your definition of 'wanting to be seen' that they actually want to be seen!

Surrounding your craft with lights, then flying away at high speed after a few mins doesn't seem like they want to be seen at all. If they truly wanted to be seen, then why do it at night. Simply fly the ships low during the day & in the middle of a busy city, they would certainly get their wish.

In short, there is plenty of ways for them to communicate or reveal themselves to us rather than flying at night. More often than not in remote parts where they can be afforded limited viewing. Only sticking around for secs before flying off at high speed into the night again!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The ufo's have a very strong electrical field around them.. And if you put enough energy to a gas molecule they emit photons/light.. So when these ufo's come into our atmosphere they will shine up like diamonds..

Thats my guess...

Goodday!

[edit on 2-4-2010 by skekke]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by cdesignmaster
What I'd like to know is why do so many people automatically assume that extra-terrestrials have such advanced technology in everything?

not to be condescending here but
they are the ones who fly the darn saucers
in excess of the speed that we can see them.
I don't see any saucers in any of the driveways
down my block makes for a valid reason

I think you missed my point. By my saying "such advanced technology", I was referring to the OP's suggestion that ET technology was 100's or 1,000's of years more advanced than ours, when it's also possible that their technology may only be 5-10 years more advanced than ours, or anywheres in between.

Just because you don't see any saucers in driveways on your block doesn't mean that next year you won't see any, meaning, that technology may not be that far off.

For example, in 1902, it was pretty much accepted science that man couldn't fly in something that was heavier than air, yet, in 1903, the Wright Brothers made their first airplane flight. Point being, in 1902, the overwhelming majority of people had no clue that the technology of flight was just 1 year away and that moon flights were only 67 years away.

Thus, ET saucers don't automatically have to be so far advanced that they don't still need to use lights. We were able to go to the moon long before we had night vision goggles. (For those that don't believe we went to the moon, ignore that and see it for the point I was trying to make, lol)

And finally, I also agree that they very well could be 1000's of years more advanced, but that wasn't the question of the OP.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cdesignmaster

That is a HECKUVA good point in that who knows where their technology advancements stand compared to ours.

Somewhere in the galaxy or universe their must be beings mirroring all levels of technological advancement. 5, 10, 15, 20, 100, 1,000, 10,000 years ahead of us, behind us, and so on...

Great post!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold
The blinking lights are a huge barrier for me in believing sightings.

Don't misunderstand I have no doubt that in the fantastically huge universe we inhabit there is other life. I just can't think of any good reason for them travelling across immesne distances so they can fly around and blink their lights.

That is most likely our own version of their craft. That is what I think atleast. And maybe the ones with steady lights or no lights are infact "alien"

And to the other guy that stated the military is to F with civilians. No that is not true! I am in the military and we protect and defend you guys or die trying. I don't appreciate that kind of talk to people who put their lives on the line everyday for you and will die for you.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Reign02]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Brilliant question, OP!!!

The only answer I can think of is: Because they want to be seen. They want to be noticed. And, perhaps, they want to appear like aliens that are similar enough to us that we can comprehend them. (Or think we can.)

If Aliens wanted to be seen, they wouldn't be spotted mostly at night. They could send a video transmission of themselves from the safety of orbit. Simply hack the communication satellites & they have a world stage for anyone watching tv. A worldwide event like that, could not be totally stopped by anyone!

Heck, they could land & do it in any country they so chose.

If they want to be seen, then why are these craft always flying off after a few secs/mins?

If they want to appear like us, then using glowing balls of light in the sky that are far different from anything we have. These balls of light that fly away from anything that gets near it, don't seem like anyone that wants to be seen.

If they wanted to be seen or communicate with us, there are far more obvious/efficient/direct ways to do it!

Right. But this presumes that "wanting to be seen" means wanting to communicate directly and be seen in the way you describe and that they are aliens in the first place. One or both of those may be wrong.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Jeremy_Vaeni]

This also presumes that according to your definition of 'wanting to be seen' that they actually want to be seen!

Surrounding your craft with lights, then flying away at high speed after a few mins doesn't seem like they want to be seen at all. If they truly wanted to be seen, then why do it at night. Simply fly the ships low during the day & in the middle of a busy city, they would certainly get their wish.

In short, there is plenty of ways for them to communicate or reveal themselves to us rather than flying at night. More often than not in remote parts where they can be afforded limited viewing. Only sticking around for secs before flying off at high speed into the night again!

Perhaps they want to be seen enough to stay on the periphery of our thinking. Something to that effect, is what I'm driving at. Little reminders that they are there, which add up over time and build in the collective unconscious.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Green, white and red lights:

Green from negative charge.
Red from positive charge.
They are standing wave arcs as the ship goes through the ether.
Apparently a node in the center of the ship.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by cdesignmaster

For example, in 1902, it was pretty much accepted science that man couldn't fly in something that was heavier than air, yet, in 1903, the Wright Brothers made their first airplane flight.

Actually it wasn't accepted science, quite to the contrary. In that time it was quite an important area of investigation among scientists and engineers in the field, and the knowledge of fluid mechanics by then was sufficient that they realized that they could generate lift with Bernoulli effect.

It was rather surprising that the Wrights were the ones to achieve it, but that's because they emphasized the real practical points which others had missed:

a) the Wrights actually took measurements in their home-built laboratory equipment and found some facts different from published literature

b) the Wrights understood the transformative value of the internal combustion engine and refined petroleum, which was the primary technological key

c) the Wrights understood the practical implications and true importance of stability and control surfaces far earlier than others.

Thus, ET saucers don't automatically have to be so far advanced that they don't still need to use lights. We were able to go to the moon long before we had night vision goggles. (For those that don't believe we went to the moon, ignore that and see it for the point I was trying to make, lol)

Night vision was developed well before the moon landings, starting with primitive devices in WW2, and was known to military in the 1950's. The technology has improved enormously since then of course.

And finally, I also agree that they very well could be 1000's of years more advanced, but that wasn't the question of the OP.

If ETs are flying here they have to be pretty advanced because our science as we know it presents NO known mechanism by which they can travel here, and in fact has some pretty strong prohibitions against doing exactly what they appear to do (assuming hypothetical ETs are real).

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel
If ETs are flying here they have to be pretty advanced because our science as we know it presents NO known mechanism by which they can travel here, and in fact has some pretty strong prohibitions against doing exactly what they appear to do (assuming hypothetical ETs are real).

Me thinks that you are reading to much into the details. I was trying to make a point and didn't see the need to go into great research and great details.

Night vision may have began in the 50's, but here it is 2010 and our commercial airliners still use lights, we don't fly by night vision only.

Since you believe ETs are hypothetical, I'd get further talking to my dog, because there is at least a slim possibility that my dog would understand. Closed minded skeptics add nothing to the UFO forum.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Perhaps they wont to be seen in our skies
im sure if we were to find a planet with life on it it we would use lights
even if their technolgy is superier they might just be using the simple ideas

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

If UFOs are 'imaginary' then why do they turn up on radar and exhibit electromagnetic effects?

I understand your point, but once again the evidence is 3rd party generated, with our speculations as to what it is. Has this been any difference in evidence in the last 4000 years? I will not argue against the fact that people see unexplainable phenomena, but to label it “aliens” is a cultural phenomena of only us humans generating it.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Green from negative charge.
Red from positive charge.
They are standing wave arcs as the ship goes through the ether.
Apparently a node in the center of the ship.

Or green and red navigation lights and white anti-collision lights. Damn those aliens are sneaky....

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Here is a link to a thread which might help resolve this question. www.abovetopsecret.com...
reply to post by Signals

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
I understand your point, but once again the evidence is 3rd party generated, with our speculations as to what it is. Has this been any difference in evidence in the last 4000 years? I will not argue against the fact that people see unexplainable phenomena, but to label it “aliens” is a cultural phenomena of only us humans generating it.

Then you would be presuming that the sightings of apparently manufactured craft and occupants are, at their core, incorrect, not?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel
Space travel is not impossible, which is what you are arguing here. This can be achieved with propulsion methods known to man right now. The only real "objection" here would be the time it takes to get from one star to another. Entities traveling this way may expand their empire by setting up colonies. Or they may send out lots of automated probes.

In any case, I've argued before that if exotic propulsion methods can be realized which allow for faster ways to travel, then they have already been found if advanced civilisations are/were around in the past (we humans turned up pretty late compared to the age of the universe). And if they have been found, we should not be surprised to see visitors around.

I would object to the approach that UFOs are doing something they should not be doing. You're letting presuppositions dictate what is real and what is not. I do not find that approach compelling at all.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by jclmavg]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
UFOs need to follow FFA regs below 60,000 feet…duh

Another thing that is more painfully obvious is how spaceships have evolved as our belief has evolved. This once again points a big finger at us being the ones who within our own minds have created it all.
Also, as they fly around cloaked, why does their cloak fail as it does? They can stay invisible to everything and then wham that damn cloaking device fails. Must be lowest bidder scenario….

So to answer your question, they have lights because we feel lights should be on our UFOs. Case solved!

Or my dear friend , our perception has evolved as our knowledge about them ... so i am claiming the exact opposite of what you claim ...

the last years more photos , and more witnesses have made their appearances , and based on them we have shappen our perception about these crafts ...

and not what you claim , that this 'ufo' are a product of our imagination ...

And not at all case closed , but as time passes more and more photos , more and more witnesses , more and more knowledge will be let from our goverments for us to know , untill we will be in that point where we will be able to hear the truth ,

we are unique in our own way , but not the only ones that are unique ... on the contrary , we are one of the many unique intellectual biological beings of our galaxy

To make it even more interesting : In Mars which is the closest planet to earth , the atmosphere of Mars has a 0,3 % of oxygen , so we checked the atmosphere of Mars , and we have found smthng that some decades ago would seem as a fantasy product of our imagination ...

but just think for a second , there are 100 billion galaxys, in each galaxy there are 200 billions stars , most of the stars have more than one planet orbiting , if you do the maths you ll find that there are many planets , so many that you and i cannot percieve ...

so i am asking you , if we have found oxygen on the closest to earth planet , how many more planets of the literally billions of billions of planets that are around our galaxy , have oxygen ( which is a strong indicator of life once it is found in large amounts ) ?

Can you please give me an answer based on Mathematics propability , and not on what you and i believe ?

And not only you , but to the other debunkers of this forum and not only ...

i would like to see how will you debunk this ....

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Marsel]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Read this thread for the proof you seek. www.abovetopsecret.com...
reply to post by Marsel

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join