It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do UFOs need/use lights?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marsel

my dear friend , based on the physics we are aware at this time , intersellar distances can be travelled if you could bend the space matter around you , Albert einsteins theory of relativity prooves that this can be done ...

it is extremely difficult but chracterizing it as impossible is a wrong statement ...
[edit on 5-4-2010 by Marsel]

My point is addressing this very "if". There is no known method in physics to suggest how to engineer this space time distortion in any practical scale.

Einstein's relativity does NOT show how it can be done. It does suggest what the consequences would be.

By physics, I mean properties of specific interactions of energy and matter.

For instance, it is a commonly held but incorrect idea that Einstein's special relativity (in particular E=mc^2) lead to nuclear weaponry. As a statement of physics it is true, but there was at the time NO known mechanism to interchange matter and energy on any substantial scale. Relativity provided zero help here.

What mattered was discovery of specific, peculiar, properties of specific isotopes of specific nuclei, i.e. nuclear fission. That was the key, not relativity.

Similarly, if there is any mechanism to bend space-time to enable useful interstellar travel there would have to be some equivalent magic discovery of a specific property of a specific something that is both achievable on Earth and which could be massively amplified, combined with a detailed theory of interaction of particle physics with gravity (which we do not have yet).

There is no known physics to humans anywhere which suggests how to do this or even any hint of where to look. (At least in the 1930's nuclear physics was beginning and we had tools with early particle accelerators to discover lots of new things very quickly).

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
What I dont understand is folk desperately wanting ET visitation to be true.
Most of these assume Et must be benovalent to be here, because they must be smart. Smart=benovelant? These folk have been raised on hollywood imo.

Even if its true and ET is benovalent, he's hiding and jackassing around instead of making himself and his message known enmass. Why do that if you aim to save humanity?

What if the abduction crew are right and ET is malovalent? given the the fact so many folk claim abduction but no proof, it makes sense ET has an agenda, there for more likely its malovalent than not.

Eitherway, ET if they exist, do nothing to enhance humanitys survival rate, nor alter our own inclination to destroy ourselves/our enviroment.
We have so many problems of our own to deal with in reality that requires the will to force change, from every individual living on this planet, but we are so wrapped up in 'self' we get nowhere.

Do we need alien species here to be a huge spanner in the works when we cant even focus on self improvement and communication with each other to solve our problems. We imagine a huge gulf between nations because of cultural differences/beleifs, Imagine the gulf between us and ET.

Any ET hoping to influence a section of humanity would have to do so by force. Why would north korea or China listen to ET and accept what it says, when they dont listen to the UN? Atleast the UN are human.

I think the majority beleivers belleive for the same reasons as religious folk, its an appeal to help outside ourselves, a crutch, an admission that humanity is pathetic, that we havent grown enough to control our own destiny and help ourselves.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayaboveitall

I think the majority beleivers belleive for the same reasons as religious folk, its an appeal to help outside ourselves, a crutch, an admission that humanity is pathetic, that we havent grown enough to control our own destiny and help ourselves.

You think wrong , at least in my point of view ....

400 years ago they concidered earth flat ... the ones who believed the contrary were ridiculed

do you know why they were finding this ridiculous ? Because they were afraid to change , they were afraid of the unknown , they thought that they were the epicenter of the word and that they needed nothing more to know .... !

For 2000 years after christs birth , no one ever knew that AMERICA existed ( lol not as we know it today ) ! Those poor people were limited by their fear of change , by their denial to understand that what you cannot understand , does not mean that does NOT exist ...

just think about it , we are talking about only 400-500 years ago ....

why should i trust the same human characteristic that makes it so difficult for us to moove on ...

Whoever knows a little history DOES know this : That history will repeat itself , and it is doing it right know ....

until people like colombus who are not afraid to discover the unknown to come forward , to make the differenct

one might ask what does this to have to dowith what we are talking right now ?

Simply it points the stupitidy of the humans , the egoistic human nature that thinks that knows everything when in fact knows ****

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Marsel, we know enough to solve our own problems and it's within our grasp, we dont need to look 'out there'. We dont need a interstellar columbus, we just need to pull the collective finger out and get a big reality check.

'They' may well exist, that dosent mean they are here or want to help us, or even care anymore about us than we do about bugs.
They dont show themselves, they do not become part of general reality so there is no point considering them anymore than there is point in beleiving in fairys and goblins.

There is no benefit to the reality of beings outside our world, they make no difference to our lives here, none what so ever.
Proving the fairys at the bottom of the garden exist wont help us if we destroy the only planet we can live on or otherwise wipe ourselves out.

Humanity dosent have time for aliens. We are too busy making aliens out of each other.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wayaboveitall

i aknowledge that there are far more serious issues to be adressed ... of really great importance

but still i fail to see why we should not seek for other truths , not the ones they provide us

we do not seek for ufos because of what you said , but because its in the nature of some of us ... we want a bigger picture , not only for ufos but for everything

i would prefer not to see the new super idol , or the new super reality show ... i am not one of those types , instead i want to invest my time in smthng greater ,

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Marsel]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
[qote]but still i fail to see why we should not seek for other truths

I undersatand that mate, and in some regard I agree, The spirit of human adventure is a great thing, it excites me too. If we had no curiosity as a species we would still be in the dark ages.

But when you look at your quote above, where you wrote 'WE', ask yourself who your referring to? Then consider if human curiosity outweighs
our pressing problems to such degree that 'WE' can spare the resouces, the money, the time, the brain power, to address such things, when most of our world starves, while we pollute our world closer and closer to the point of being unfixable?

We consume resouces for energy to make our lives better now, at a very big cost later (or soon/er as the case may be). Shouldnt billions be spent adressing non polluting/ renewable energy sources, among other things
BEFORE we spend billions smashing satellites into comets to see what happens, BEFORE we spend billions on weapons/military defence and war?

Where does the money time and resources come from to fund the search for ET (SETI type projects) ? My childlike love of sci-fi and my natural curiosity begs for answers, but some realities take greater precedence no?

If ET ever lands on earth, then they become part of our reality and as such effect our choices and actions. Then, by all means, lets study the crap out of them and learn what we can. Maybe we can improve our own conditions by back engineering or getting ideas from alien tecknology, great stuff, worth the money and resources,.

The problem is that while conditions changes, the nature os us does not.
If such a reality occured, funding would indeed be found, but it would be for our paranoid use as military/applications weaponry etc, rather than something to help everyday mr & mrs joe blow.

The introduction of new reality wouldnt change us, we would just adapt, but be no better off.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wayaboveitall

---

Hi, Your thoughts on the health problems on earth are admirable and in my opinion something many more of us should be paying attention to. However, that's another thread in a different forum.

I really don't the know what the general consensus is running at lately, but last I'd read it was hovering around 65 percent believe Earth's being visited by unknowns aka EBEs and UFOs not built by the human race.

One thing's certain, something is buzzing around this ball and may have been in touch with a Government/Military or two. I coming to the belief that NATO enrolled Countries pass on all or most UFO: reports, films, videos, Ebes, Craft and other to the USA, perhaps through the US Navy's version of the AFOSI.

(sorry OP for getting a wee-bit off track, but getting on track):

Jim Penniston (ret Sgt USAF) of the 80s Rendlesham incident once mentioned in one interview. The coloured lights he witnessed on the craft indicated to him, a 'chemical reaction'.

But more recently after continual research, I feel the light surrounding most of these unknowns might actually be a form of electrically charged ions which have caused the oxygen/nitrogen/(pollution) atmosphere to essentially glow in proximity to the craft.

There's also the lights that appear on (some) craft. Usually surrounding the center counter-clockwise rotating circumference of the vehicle, that reacts or intensifies as it disappears. I have not even a half-ass guess as to what might be involved with it.

Decoy

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The light emitted around ufos is due to the energy field given off by the propulsion (propulsion is actually a bad word to describe the operation)
The energy of which excites the molecules of the gaseous atmosphere surrounding the craft and they give off photons which we observe as lights. The colour of the light alters depending on the altitude of the ufo and the power level the reactor is at. The light is an unavoidable effect of a ufo operating in the atmosphere. The same craft wont glow when it enters the vacuum of space.

Then a ufo takes off at great there is often a flash of light for the same reason.

The light beams you see from a ufo are not for illuminating for sight like a search light and the same beams if used in the vacuum of space would be invisible, again the energy beam causes the air to glow. You will note that these beams do not spread out getting wider like a search beam but stay the same uniform diameter.

These beams have varied functions, they can actually point a beam at you and lift you clean off the floor. Whilst hovering over say a 200 story skyscraper they can send a beam straight down through the building and visually isolate say the 56 floor and view everything happening.
The same beam can be used to manipulate our technology and even take complete control of it.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

[qote]Where does the money time and resources come from to fund the search for ET (SETI type projects) ? My childlike love of sci-fi and my natural curiosity begs for answers, but some realities take greater precedence no?

To tell you the truth , in the way i see it , that program is not for information , but for Dis-formation of the reality ...

I am sorry but concidering the fact that the absolute majority of the average person in advanced states is simply not a self thinker , they enjoy the most watching soap operas , gossip programs , super idol , the next top model , sex and the city , then i really think that what we do here is smthng important , finding the truth which is so easily hidden by our goverments , because of our egoistic nature

i dont see how a person that has as a hobby to search about the extraterrestial question , and lives a normal life can be a burden to our society

when the true burden to this society are the average joes , which want a manufactured truth , an easy life , a life that they dont give , but only consume , a life of fear of the uknown

there is smthng going on with ufos , and it is hidden , is it secret weapons ? Extraterrestials ? Hallunications ? New world order ? I dont know

But its so well kept , that it makes you think that it is of great importance for humanity

so i will prefer not to see the next top model lol , but i will try and search the truth ,

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Marsel]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

The light beams you see from a ufo are not for illuminating for sight like a search light and the same beams if used in the vacuum of space would be invisible, again the energy beam causes the air to glow. You will note that these beams do not spread out getting wider like a search beam but stay the same uniform diameter.

These beams have varied functions, they can actually point a beam at you and lift you clean off the floor. Whilst hovering over say a 200 story skyscraper they can send a beam straight down through the building and visually isolate say the 56 floor and view everything happening.
The same beam can be used to manipulate our technology and even take complete control of it.

So what type of energy is this and where/how is it produced?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

The energy field/radiation is what you may term "dark energy" it comes from the fabric of space itself. The means of its utilisation is one or more reactors within the craft. Nhe number and size of the reactors depends on the geometry and size of the craft.

In a simple disc, sphrical or triangular craft there is usually one reactor mounted centrally within the craft though this ma vary if the craft is very large.

The reactor produce a field of dark energy around it of lenticular geometry.
The nature of this radiation may be termed unified field emanation or tri- polar radiation due to the fact that it contains three fields simultaneously super imposed and occupying the same space-time. The field being composed of gravity waves, electrostatic field, and magnetic field.

The nature of the radiation is wide spectrum electromagnetic/gravitational waves. The reactor utilises negative energy density space/time to produce this or what you call exotic matter.

The power source/origin of the beams observed is also the reactor although the phase/frequency and nature of the beam is modified via on-board technology to produce varied effects.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
When I seen 2 "triangle" type craft fly over me at a very low distance(500ft?) there was 3 types of lights, 1 came on out the back when they flew over me, I suspect they scanned us, there was no sound, and they were so big , if they crashed they would take out a city block. I was in farm country. So why multiple lights? Obviously military.....

[edit on 7-4-2010 by colt122]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by colt122

Not all craft are of ET origin, all ET craft utilise the method I have described.

Man made military craft use varied forms of propultion and therefore the effects can be diffrent, ionized jets, microwave beam, plasma reactor, pusls jet, electro-graviry.

The ET craft in one of its simplest configuration has a reactor in the centre and three projectors evenly spaced, the result when observed is one central light produced by the reactor and three smaller lights in triangular formation produced by the projectors. The projectors are for directing the craft by altering the geometry of the field emanation around the craft.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Humanity dosent have time for aliens. We are too busy making aliens out of each other.

Thanks for that.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

The energy field/radiation is what you may term "dark energy" it comes from the fabric of space itself.

So do you mean the dimensional aspect of space? Space is rather empty other than it is within our dimensional realm. So is the reactor a singularity to bend this space, or pull dark energy from it?

The reactor produce a field of dark energy around it of lenticular geometry. The nature of this radiation may be termed unified field emanation or tri- polar radiation due to the fact that it contains three fields simultaneously super imposed and occupying the same space-time. The field being composed of gravity waves, electrostatic field, and magnetic field.

I see that all three waves are rather common, but you are suggesting a single force with all three properties. So what actually is the power source used to rip space and time, and how is this energy contained in our space-time with it only affecting the space craft once it is released? Is the force generated within a dimensional pocket that the ship travels through outside of our space?

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
When I say reactor I am not stating that the reactor consumes a fuel as you may imagine e.g. nuclear material or antimatter.
The energy source of the craft is a ball of modified space-time centrally located within the reactor, you may call this region of modified space-time a singularity. The means of producing the ball of modified space-time is what I have called the reactor. This ball of exotic matter polarises the dark energy which is the substance of space-time and the result is the release of the unified field. Yes this energy has the effect of all three in one.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

When I say reactor I am not stating that the reactor consumes a fuel as you may imagine e.g. nuclear material or antimatter.
The energy source of the craft is a ball of modified space-time centrally located within the reactor, you may call this region of modified space-time a singularity. The means of producing the ball of modified space-time is what I have called the reactor. This ball of exotic matter polarises the dark energy which is the substance of space-time and the result is the release of the unified field. Yes this energy has the effect of all three in one.

So would the craft operate outside of our space to travel when this energy is produced? We are talking propulsion here and I don’t think we need a singularity for that, but if that propulsion is warping space to reduce the distances between two points within our dimension then we would need it. Saying that, is the propulsion the bending of space and time by placing the craft inside some other dimensional pocket that is outside of our normal space?

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

It depends on the power level the reactor is operating at. Within a planets atmosphere the reactor is never at full capacity i.e. the craft never goes to warp within the vicinity of a planet as the effects of this may be detrimental to the planet.

It is not propulsion as you know it i.e. it does not eject material out the back and drive the craft forward no matter how sophisticated that material you are ejecting out the back bay be e.g. ions, plasma etc

The craft actually falls towards its destination, it is an attraction towards its destination rather then a propulsion towards its destination use.

When in a planets atmosphere the craft projects low intensity tri-polar radiation in front of the craft. This energy does produce a gravitational well just ahead of the craft and it moves towards this virtual mass.
In this situation the craft is still operating within the fabric of space.

When the craft is some distance away from a planet it goes into warp. The projectors focus on the destination firstly. The reactor then goes into full or near full capacity and lets out a pulse of enormous energy levels. This pulse is directed in front of the craft and at this level of output the fabric of space-time is violated. The craft is then not operational within our space-time but is in a timeless dimension.

In other words the craft goes through a inter-dimensional tunnel. You would not see the craft at this point. Once the craft violates the space-time barrier it is unobservable to someone in the fabric of our space.

No craft jumps the entire span of a galaxy.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

When in a planets atmosphere the craft projects low intensity tri-polar radiation in front of the craft. This energy does produce a gravitational well just ahead of the craft and it moves towards this virtual mass.
In this situation the craft is still operating within the fabric of space.

So in this case the only place visual light might even form would be directly in front to the moving craft in the form of a glow at best of the air with the actual energy used being outside the visual light spectrum. So colorful, blinking, mult-faucet lights schemes would then be a good indication of something other than an alien craft.

Also would we not see a clear bubble bend like affect in the front too during day light hours and possibly noticeable at night with the background star scheme? I truly fail to see any reason for space ships to have lights on them other than from energy needed for movement or other actions that would still have a much higher chance to still not produce visual light waves for us to see.

This is why I have suggested that lights are on UFOs because we have a common belief that they would have them. The popularity of a bright blinking ship is much higher than a dark shape bending air around it.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Its hard to give one answer which you can then apply to all situations.

The reactor produces a lenticular field around it which may envelop the whole craft. If this is so then the atmosphere around the craft will glow and the colour will change depending on the power output of the reactor. The craft may seem to expand in size and contract for the same reason.

Light around the craft will be slightly distorted much like the light above the bonnet of a car on a hot day.

When a craft is hovering there will be no beam observable in front of the craft. When the craft moves you may see the beam pulse in front of the craft but the chances are your eyes wont pick it up.

The blinking lights have nothing to do with the movement of the craft but rather indicate the craft is scanning the environment. If you could see these beams you would see that they are sweeping the environment collecting data.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join