It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do UFOs need/use lights?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The light may be a direct visible effect of the anti-gravity propultion system that some of the UFOs use, in fact it is called graviphotons by theoretical physisists:

In theoretical physics, a graviphoton (aka gravivector) is a hypothetical particle that emerges as an excitation of the metric tensor (i.e. gravitational field) but whose physical properties are virtually indistinguishable from a photon, as shown in Kaluza-Klein theory.
In gravity theories with extended supersymmetry (extended supergravities), a graviphoton is normally a superpartner of the graviton that behaves like a photon, and is prone to couple with gravitational strength, as was appreciated in the late 1970s. Unlike the graviton, however, it may provide a repulsive (as well as an attractive) force, and thus, in some technical sense, a type of anti-gravity. Under special circumstances, then, in several natural models, often descending from five-dimensional theories mentioned, it may actually cancel the gravitational attraction in the static limit...
[1]

, as you probalby know, light is photons, so it is atleast plausible that a graviphoton would also share this characteristic with light in addition to have a anti-gravity effect.

[1] Graviphoton, Wikipedia

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Obviously the propulsion systems could give off light. Aside from that, many, many cases describe (and show in pics and video) blinking lights, search lights, light beams, etc.

Wouldn't their technology be so advanced they wouldn't need search lights? ie. infrared, etc....

Why the blinking lights? Trying to avoid collisions with Earth planes, balloons, helicopters? Wouldn't they be able to just instantly navigate around other flying craft?

Why call attention to themselves with all the lights? Easing us into disclosure ? Or perhaps they don't care if we see them or not? (much like we don't care if ants notice us)

It seems like flying vehicles of our technological level would require lights, but not theirs.

Any ideas?

Good question Signals,

These are just my thoughts about it.

I think that one of the reasons for those lights could be that it has to do with the influence of perhaps its propulsion system on the air around the ship, so that it create a sort of plasma like effect around it.

But that cannot be the only explanation for all the lights as seen by the witnesses, such as for instance being different in color, being steady, moving, pulsating or blinking, it can suddenly change in an extremely bright light so that it hurts the eye, or disappears in the blink of an eye.

Therefore, I expect that they [ET’s] use also other no doubt extremely exotic technologies then just its propulsion system on such a craft and that these technologies are more likely responsible for most of those displayed lights then the mentioned plasma like effects, but what kind of extremely exotic technologies it are or where they are used for I cannot tell you of course. [I wish I could]

Perhaps this information can shine some more light on all those lights.

www.iprimus.ca...

[edit on 1/4/10 by spacevisitor]

[edit on 1/4/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
UFOs need to follow FFA regs below 60,000 feet…duh

Well isn’t this a conundrum, you are right they do not need lights and should not have them; well not as we think is right. This pushes along the path that I have suggested many times in all evidence we have is manmade. We see lights we take a picture and then speculate on the picture. Everything ends up 3rd party evidence and all based on speculation. It is the same evidence that we have had for 4000 plus years, and even with a world full of people with camera and all our technology we still have not progressed.

Another thing that is more painfully obvious is how spaceships have evolved as our belief has evolved. This once again points a big finger at us being the ones who within our own minds have created it all.
Also, as they fly around cloaked, why does their cloak fail as it does? They can stay invisible to everything and then wham that damn cloaking device fails. Must be lowest bidder scenario….

So to answer your question, they have lights because we feel lights should be on our UFOs. Case solved!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hi there! And yep, I have also wonderd about this. And pretty much think about the same reasons as everyone else, that its to do with its propulshion method which could be some sort of Electro magnetic field that maybe creates some sort of weird Aurorae effect on the UFO, assuming its a 'Orb.'

But also, just trying to think of other reasons, and think ive come up with maybe another simple answer.

THE LIGHT IS CAMOUFLAGE.

For instance, have you ever tried photographing an object thats behind a bright light? Thats all you get is ''glare'' and maybe sometimes, a faint shadow.
This could be used by TPTB/Military/Aliens, to camouflage their secret craft, so that no details are picked up. How would anyone abstract visual infomation from a picture that resembles something similar to the sun? And thus, it can easily be de-bunked.
Now, the only problem is that this creates more questions.. Maybe the UFO is coated in some refined Magnesium/Potasium type of chemical/element that reacts with water vapour in the air to make it flare up?

Or their just glowing because they just enterd our Atmosphere or compleated their 'warp' jump creating some heat friction resulting in the shell of their craft glowing (think of a blacksmith making a sword, the metal glows a bright orange/dull red)

As for craft such as the Triangle type of Craft, the flashing lights on each tip may just be remminisant to the same reasons that we have lights on our planes, which inturn builds up more of the speculative notion that their man made craft.
But then again, maybe E.T. Uses the same method because its so simple.

[edit on 31/3/10 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdesignmaster
What I'd like to know is why do so many people automatically assume that extra-terrestrials have such advanced technology in everything?

not to be condescending here but
they are the ones who fly the darn saucers
in excess of the speed that we can see them.
I don't see any saucers in any of the driveways
down my block makes for a valid reason

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I read a theory somewhere (cant remember where sorry, may have been the book, 'beyond top secret'.) that the lights are used so that the UFO vehicles mimic our vehicles, such as planes, helicopters etc. So they don't draw undue attention.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire
Hi there! And yep, I have also wonderd about this. And pretty much think about the same reasons as everyone else, that its to do with its propulshion method which could be some sort of Electro magnetic field that maybe creates some sort of weird Aurorae effect on the UFO, assuming its a 'Orb.'

But also, just trying to think of other reasons, and think ive come up with maybe another simple answer.

THE LIGHT IS CAMOUFLAGE.

For instance, have you ever tried photographing an object thats behind a bright light? Thats all you get is ''glare'' and maybe sometimes, a faint shadow.
This could be used by TPTB/Military/Aliens, to camouflage their secret craft, so that no details are picked up. How would anyone abstract visual infomation from a picture that resembles something similar to the sun? And thus, it can easily be de-bunked.
Now, the only problem is that this creates more questions.. Maybe the UFO is coated in some refined Magnesium/Potasium type of chemical/element that reacts with water vapour in the air to make it flare up?

Or their just glowing because they just enterd our Atmosphere or compleated their 'warp' jump creating some heat friction resulting in the shell of their craft glowing (think of a blacksmith making a sword, the metal glows a bright orange/dull red)

As for craft such as the Triangle type of Craft, the flashing lights on each tip may just be remminisant to the same reasons that we have lights on our planes, which inturn builds up more of the speculative notion that their man made craft.
But then again, maybe E.T. Uses the same method because its so simple.

[edit on 31/3/10 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire]

Sorry but I think if the were smart enough to create these advanced craft, they'd be smart enough to use a more 'stealthy' approach to camouflage than lights.

If they are on a mission. People see lights in the sky, then it gets reported. It makes it easy for enemy fighters, ground based defense platforms or whatever to target them.

As to being identified by the public, you create a remote base so that nobody sees it coming in or out. You move the craft during the night because almost everyone is asleep.

When you read reports on these craft, they are very fast, but more importantly - silent or virtually silent. So if they fly when it's dark, there is little noise coming from them. Then it makes far more sense to simply turn off all lights emanating from within the craft.

Turning on lights, simply draws attention to something. If it's something that is so secretive than it's to be hidden from everybody but a select few, then you won't be silly enough to advertise your presence by switching on the lights.

These lights aren't for show, can't see why anyone would use them for deception because the lights will simply draw attention to your craft. So imo, they are a byproduct of the power source or more likely, the method of propulsion that said craft uses. Which to me would be based on electro-magnetism or plasma!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The 'alien' demons use lights on their crafts as a shrink uses a watch to hypnotize!
In Atlantis, the demi-gods first used AMBER to build towers and buildings. They were called the TEN KINGS and were this is the origin of Olympics. They were called the blue/sky people, or people of the north. They first used ships. The BLUE laws derived from this. BLue pages in the phonebooks, etc...the illuminati carried it forward. Anyway, I research this so I have lots of info on it.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I know from an observation myself and another made during a UFO sighting. After somewhat erratic movements, the object, (composed entirely of glowing light), hovvered in one spot for about 30 seconds and brightened significantly to the point where it was sparkling and to the naked eye looked startling . Then it proceeded to accelerate on a horizontal trajectory westward whilst increasing its speed exponentially. When we lost sight of it, the object was travelling at a phenomenal speed.

We surmised afterward that the brightening phase was the object 'powering up' before its rapid acceleration.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This is just one idea I have, but seems some famous movie producer beat me to it.
Albeit these lights were combined with a tonal form of communication, still is a thought, maybe the different types of lights are just them trying to communicate. Our city-scapes at night are aglow with all sorts of light, could be they're just trying to mimic what they see our environment at night to be, as to not appear threatening to us, as the cities we live in are as well aglow with light.

Edit it add: It's actually a pretty catchy tune

...polished my initial reply as well.

Edit to also add: Signals, you my friend, always ask the most compelling UFO questions on this Board. Not to say that others don't, but somehow I always happen upon yours. Do keep them coming, and thank you for your inquisitiveness!

[edit on 3/31/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The electrical voltage propulsion gives off the light.
Simple as that.
There is not much to the UFO.
Its a step above the propeller to the jet.
Why burn gas to spin a propeller when burning the gas is better.
We live in an electrical universe, as opposed to the promoters of
gravity and Einstein in an anti Tesla cartel, so with the electric
field force (only used by Tesla because he could and we didn't )
the UFO lights up at high speed and even low or apparently stuck
in the sky in a sort of jumpy hover.
That is of course you have see UFOs or UFO videos and photos
and are not a denier.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Brilliant question, OP!!!

The only answer I can think of is: Because they want to be seen. They want to be noticed. And, perhaps, they want to appear like aliens that are similar enough to us that we can comprehend them. (Or think we can.)

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Thank You for the responses everyone, I compiled a short list of what so far have been the most feasible answers- (IMO)

• Indifferent- they are so advanced who cares if we see the lights
  • Communication- ie. light signals or similar to Close Encounters
  • Propulsion- by far the most popular response
  • Future- in the future we build the ships and fly them but still need light to see
  • Human Built And Flown- they are helicopters, airplanes, or top secret projects
  • Trickery- the lights are camo to make us think it's a plane

It's tough to narrow down....

My brain says human built and flown but my heart is stuck between indifferent and propulsion (maybe it's both).

Any other ideas?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Thank You for the responses everyone, I compiled a short list of what so far have been the most feasible answers- (IMO)

• Indifferent- they are so advanced who cares if we see the lights
  • Communication- ie. light signals or similar to Close Encounters
  • Propulsion- by far the most popular response
  • Future- in the future we build the ships and fly them but still need light to see
  • Human Built And Flown- they are helicopters, airplanes, or top secret projects
  • Trickery- the lights are camo to make us think it's a plane

It's tough to narrow down....

My brain says human built and flown but my heart is stuck between indifferent and propulsion (maybe it's both).

Any other ideas?

Those all presume that these are aliens from another planet and not something interdimensional or cryptoterrestrial, some form of Trickster, or something else we simply cannot understand, coming in the guise that we can comprehend and/or being translated in our brains as something we can comprehend. I think the leap to ETH is a big one and, in fact, there is zero evidence for it. ZERO. Whereas the breadth of evidence does suggest something other than alien, something that doesn't quite fit in the box.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Jeremy_Vaeni]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

They forgot to turn them off when they came out of the wormhole. Happens to me all the time when exiting a tunnel in my car.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
A good point was made about the lights being there because we want them to be there, but with photographs of UFO's (and I mean UFO'S, not aliens) having lights, no lights, and in some cases, the whole craft being a light source, I would have to disagree.

I also think the reverse engineering argument could be very valid too.

Threads like this are the reason I joined ATS. I like to try and broaden my mind with things I don't fully understand, and hope to gain a better knowledge. And if I help someone along the way? That's cool.
Even a question about the lights of a craft could one day lead us to answer we've all been looking for.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Signals

They forgot to turn them off when they came out of the wormhole. Happens to me all the time when exiting a tunnel in my car.

Hello there, almost didn't recognize you

Surely alien spaceships have an Auto headlights feature, hell my old truck had one of those...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Signals

Surely alien spaceships have an Auto headlights feature, hell my old truck had one of those...

They do.

I think Phage was just joking.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Signals my friend, its because 90 percent of UFO. Sightings, that have red blinking lights, are probably either airplanes or radio towers, which ironically have red blinking lights

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Consider that light only comes from electrons being pushed around the atom.
The free electron in a vacuum only existed in your old TV tube.
The great scientists of yesteryear had determined that EM waves do
not work as well as electrostatic waves for illuminating gases.
In other words we must consider the electrostatic wave in involved
for good light displays.
The air and atmosphere is a gas, as Frank Sinatra would say, so
there is a good chance the UFO is run by electrostatic waves.
In fact there is a huge portion of humanity that say so.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join