It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do UFOs need/use lights?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Obviously the propulsion systems could give off light. Aside from that, many, many cases describe (and show in pics and video) blinking lights, search lights, light beams, etc.

Wouldn't their technology be so advanced they wouldn't need search lights? ie. infrared, etc....

Why the blinking lights? Trying to avoid collisions with Earth planes, balloons, helicopters? Wouldn't they be able to just instantly navigate around other flying craft?

Why call attention to themselves with all the lights? Easing us into disclosure ? Or perhaps they don't care if we see them or not? (much like we don't care if ants notice us)

It seems like flying vehicles of our technological level would require lights, but not theirs.

Any ideas?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I've often wondered the same thing. I just have to assume that we have absolutely no idea what they are and what their limitations and capabilities are, so it is tough to judge.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Maybe they want to be seen?
Just to keep the possibilty of their existance in our thoughts?

These "lights" are different from one sighting to another...maybe post some pictures to show the differences?

Sometimes a propulsion system might be the reason, sometimes there seems to be some sort of "force field" around them (maybe from some reaction between our atmosphere and their technology?)
...and at other times, they just look like "ordinary" lanterns.

It's a very valid question!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The blinking lights are a huge barrier for me in believing sightings.

Don't misunderstand I have no doubt that in the fantastically huge universe we inhabit there is other life. I just can't think of any good reason for them travelling across immesne distances so they can fly around and blink their lights.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Over the past million years or so of research
it has been determined that using lights on a spaceship
had a drawing effect. It drew flies, birds and even caused
dogs to speak in their own language.

Then somewhere around 1947 it was determined
that this same drawing effect worked on humans
as well. The more lights they used, the more
humans came a running.

So lights on saucers are there for the sole purpose
of an invitation beacon. Or for a better term
a way of communicating

[edit on 31-3-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold
I just can't think of any good reason for them travelling across immesne distances so they can fly around and blink their lights.

hey, it works on the freeway
why not in space too??? lol

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The UFO's that I had seen , seamed to be emmiting light as part of the propulsion system not a light like we have on our craft.
This is a good way to tell if it is a military secret craft or one of the "classic" UFO's.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
the light probably has something to do with the propulsion tech as mentioned before.

maybe it matters what spectrum they are manipulating to use different things. and we end up seeing what "mode" they are in.

probably matters what type of entity is piloting as well.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

Yes, me too.

Makes me think humans are piloting them. Or perhaps they are not as advanced as thought.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The lights ARE the UFO. If no-one saw any lights in the sky, there would be no flying object to identify.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The lights are a type of communication, or some source of power they use that depletes into light. Talk about being green. What if the emissions was just non-harmful light?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
We don't know for sure that they do need / use lights.

We assume that the "lights" we see in the sky are UFO's.
Technically they are, I guess. Unidentified Flying Objects.

We cannot be sure or prove that they're E.T. / Alien ships.

So, the lights we see in the sky, IMO, are airplanes or other man made objects.

Until a real E.T. / Alien ship lands on earth and is visible to and inspected by, the military, scientists or whom ever, all we can do is speculate.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Makes me think humans are piloting them.

Hi Honey I'm home !!!!

Hey baby, how was your day??

Oh it's was terrible I had an accident
in the darn saucer

Oh NO!!! What happened?

Well I was flying under the posted limit of
2Million Miles Per Hour, just outside of Jupiter's
3rd moon, when BAMMM! Out of nowhere this
asteroid came out of nowhere and creamed
my afterburners.

Oh Dear Lord

Yea, I had one hell of a time getting NASA
over to help me as they were busy putting
in a new command center over on Earth's moon base.
But I finally got some help from the JuHari who
were so nice to help. They even gave me some
JuJu beans as a memento. Yea, rough day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

lmao

Yes I would like to meet one of those pilots
to ask him some questions. U got any phone
numbers???

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
The lights ARE the UFO. If no-one saw any lights in the sky, there would be no flying object to identify.

No, not orbs. Actual craft with lights.

I could post tons of pics & vids but we've all seen them...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It depends on what you mean by lights.

If you dive down to the Mariana Trench, you'll see life-forms that appear to be using what we would call light.

In nature, many things give off light - whether via heat, or chemicals, etc...

We call it light simply because that's the term we apply to things in the visible spectrum.

An extra terrestrial craft may be producing what we call light, but for reasons beyond our understanding.

As others have said, energy in certain forms produces a by-product in the visible spectrum - we call it light. But there are myriad reasons as to why we are seeing what we are seeing, and they may have little to do with what we perceive as their purpose.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by mckyle]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Insurance purposes?

Perhaps so people know where to point their shaky cell phone cams?

It's a bloody good question though and I've often wondered about it myself.
Which has led me to think about all the real alien craft I've not seen because
they were cloaked or invisible etc etc.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
What I'd like to know is why do so many people automatically assume that extra-terrestrials have such advanced technology in everything? Sure, being able to travel vast distances in minimal time would take an advanced technology, but who's to say that we humans aren't but one bright idea away from that technology today and then in less than a few years, we'd be zipping among the stars with our running lights and search lights on too. At least until we develope a way to see in the dark.

So, what's to say that the UFOs that are seen with lights are simply the less advanced of the ETs, whereas, the more advanced ETs you're not seeing anyways because they have the ability to cloak?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdesignmaster
...So, what's to say that the UFOs that are seen with lights are simply the less advanced of the ETs, whereas, the more advanced ETs you're not seeing anyways because they have the ability to cloak?

A good point!

You made me think of the Robert Taylor incident in Dechmont Law hill, Scotland in 1979.

The two spheres that rolled out and attacked him, were described as being quite mechanical and somewhat rudimentary in their motion and method of movement. In other words, they almost seemed like some sort of 'SteamPunk' robotic probe droid. Quite surprising, but nonetheless, a very credible account by Taylor of his encounter.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Great question. I had never thought of this before.

I suppose the people that think that the craft are piloted by time travellers from the not to distant future (as in maybe 100 years in the future where humans haven't evolved to a super, telepathic species yet) would argue that they still need lights as a present day aircraft would.

Maybe in the future, the public can pay to travel back in time? Or maybe students on field trips?

Maybe travel agents are known as 'time travel agents' in the year 2110?

Maybe they don't mind being spotted because they know that we'll just think they are aliens?

Maybe they are aliens?

I don't know

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If you were in a forest a wolf would smell you a mile away. Same thing.The light may not be precieved by them the way we do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join