It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do UFOs need/use lights?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

i highly doubt they require lights to see where they are going.

Either

A. They want us to see them
B. The lights serve another function.

(B1) One guess i have is that they are using the lights for communicative purposes between the ships/their bases. Yes that's right, communicating with light waves.

(B2) Another guess i have is the lights are some how essential to their propulsion system.

[edit on 3/31/2010 by JPhish]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Assuming they exist....
And just playing with the assumption (likely wrong) that they are not earth anomalies or crafts.

i have a silly theory regarding the use of light that i will re - blurt out here.

The universe works in a predictable way, but with Quantum we calculate the odds we can't always know the outcome...unpredictable. How does the world work on a sub atomic level? Why are some things transparent? How does light work? We haven't yet worked out how Quantum mechanics and gravity exist together.

OK some more basic points : Atoms are generally the Boson group.
Electrons are always of Fermions and these are Higgs particles.
Cern in part are trying to measure paired Higgs Bosons. By forming a pair you create a group. Which leads me to think, can the pairing of these particles create a gap that allows dimension or time travel? A gap in the fabric of things? Can we tunnel or travel through these gaps.

Tunneling through gaps to other dimensions - Quantum can tunnel because energy can go between energy barriers. In order to 'tunnel' we need to get the electrons to travel.

Based on quantum laws the same energy has to interact with the same energy
Ill give you a glass analogy: As light can pass through glass because there is energy "gaps" we can pass ourselves through a energy gap, through the 'matrix' that holds us in place.

This is my whacked out UFO connection (if they exist) Are they light ships/biological entities? are they simply light passing through gaps? This way there is no need to overcome the speed of light conundrum.

Universal energy spectrum. The sun emits all the energy spectrum from zero to infinity. Is this where we should look?
In order to travel through "gaps" do we need to split the energy levels that holds all.

A gap in the energy spectrum means you can pass through without interactions
We don't want to change the nature of our makeup we are not traveling time
we would be traveling 'gaps'.
Gaps theoretically can be created by the higgs boson pairing. By forming a pair you create a group. Forming a gap is super conductivity because the gap is formed by going against electric current. Electrons repel negatively.There is a particular interaction that makes them attract: Frolich, and we need to find a way to create an attractive interaction so they form pairs.

Creating the energy gap.
We need to find what conditions allow the Frolich interaction created by phonons (phonons are the elementary oscillations of atoms)
In a crystal if one atom emits a phonon the next atom can pick it up so these phonons mediate the frolich interaction.
By traveling through the gap we can go anywhere, we don't time travel. Time is likely a fixed landscape, but theoretically based on this physicality can dimension or universe 'hop' though the 'gaps'.

We exist in the 3rd dimension and are governed by its' laws of freedom
Extra dimensions is where they get their gel we are governed by degrees of freedom and
we have 4 governance

Time
then 3 spacial:
Forward backwards
Left/right
Up/down

The extra degrees of freedom gives us our 'other' dimensions

[edit on 1-4-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Obviously the propulsion systems could give off light. Aside from that, many, many cases describe (and show in pics and video) blinking lights, search lights, light beams, etc.

Wouldn't their technology be so advanced they wouldn't need search lights? ie. infrared, etc....

Why the blinking lights? Trying to avoid collisions with Earth planes, balloons, helicopters? Wouldn't they be able to just instantly navigate around other flying craft?

Why call attention to themselves with all the lights? Easing us into disclosure ? Or perhaps they don't care if we see them or not? (much like we don't care if ants notice us)

It seems like flying vehicles of our technological level would require lights, but not theirs.

Any ideas?

1) UFOs are mostly earthly craft, and of those, mostly misidentified normal aircraft.

2) Hypothetical ET craft have to obey laws of physics just as ours do and may not have unlimited capabilities.

3) "Wouldn't their technology be so advanced they wouldn't need search lights?" Advanced technology doesn't mean old technology stops working.

Frankly I think the clearest sign of an ET UFO is very weird optical effects consistent with strong gravitational lensing. Since few such reports do, and instead reflect what a naive non-scientific observer imagines to be, I am skeptical.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'm wondering why we don't see the UFO at all.
Where is the craft.
All we see is a pair of headlights sometimes.
I posted one photo the had three puffs of white.
Or 3 separate foo or 3 geese a flying or definitely not birds.
So is there a ship invisible to the human eye and camera.

Consider the lights are emanations from the landing gear covers.
At night we may not see the ship but in day is the ship invisible
except for balls of light around some part.

Does the ether ship let wind and storm pass right around it.
Does the ether ship possess the stability of the universe.
I think some people think so.
Does light from the shy pass right around it so we see the sky
where the ship is located.
But we see flashes of light off the dumb landing gear covers.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Mutter translation = glass allows light to travel through gaps.

You pretty much blew me away with your post, but I gather you are with the propulsion camp?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

reply to post by zazzafrazz

Mutter translation = glass allows light to travel through gaps.

You pretty much blew me away with your post, but I gather you are with the propulsion camp?

lol not with any camp, I think that most 'sightings' are explainable.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
You guys are over thinking this, maybe the aliens think they're gangstas and have lights on their ships for the same reason some humans put neon lights under their car and on their tires. They've gotta look cool for their homies.
Why do people always assume an alien would be above such simple pleasures?

Really though I have no idea. Interesting thread.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Raverous]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

...Gaps theoretically can be created by the higgs boson pairing. By forming a pair you create a group. Forming a gap is super conductivity because the gap is formed by going against electric current. Electrons repel negatively.There is a particular interaction that makes them attract: Frolich, and we need to find a way to create an attractive interaction so they form pairs...

You're selling what?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Just because we use light does not mean it's not one of the most useful things to manipulate in the universe.

We have it, sure, but light may not be considered a primitive thing to foreign intelligent species either.

I can't answer your question but I do not think that the presence of light on on a UFO sighting presents evidence of a domestic source in all cases.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

The lights are a precaution just in case when flying your model remote control UFO to film it on your camera phone if you lose control you can find it and then be able to make another **it video to post on youtube see its simple.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by doorhand
I read a theory somewhere (cant remember where sorry, may have been the book, 'beyond top secret'.) that the lights are used so that the UFO vehicles mimic our vehicles, such as planes, helicopters etc. So they don't draw undue attention.

Well first, radar doesn't care if you have lights or not and second I fly UAVs for a living and we fly without lights so no one can see us. Since their maneuverability is what gives them away I would think that they would not adorn their ship in Christmas lights so everyone can see their odd flying.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

3) "Wouldn't their technology be so advanced they wouldn't need search lights?" Advanced technology doesn't mean old technology stops working.

Even with us today we do not need search lights, and Army helicopters are fully NVG, able to see everything outside of the normal light spectrum.
To be honest, working within the normal light spectrum of our eyes is caveman technology…hehe. Light is not needed, and we operate, mask, and have no need for lights of any kind that a naked eye can see. So the question as so many are asking why does super advance aliens use caveman technology…

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sremmos
We have it, sure, but light may not be considered a primitive thing to foreign intelligent species either.

If lights were so primitive that they go un-noticed why do they have them at all? Other than maybe propulsion or static electricity all those lights come from something on the ship. Also if lights in general tend to be outside their conscious of higher thinking then I would think we would always see them flying around, but they tend to mask their presents most of the time.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremy_Vaeni
Brilliant question, OP!!!

The only answer I can think of is: Because they want to be seen. They want to be noticed. And, perhaps, they want to appear like aliens that are similar enough to us that we can comprehend them. (Or think we can.)

If Aliens wanted to be seen, they wouldn't be spotted mostly at night. They could send a video transmission of themselves from the safety of orbit. Simply hack the communication satellites & they have a world stage for anyone watching tv. A worldwide event like that, could not be totally stopped by anyone!

Heck, they could land & do it in any country they so chose.

If they want to be seen, then why are these craft always flying off after a few secs/mins?

If they want to appear like us, then using glowing balls of light in the sky that are far different from anything we have. These balls of light that fly away from anything that gets near it, don't seem like anyone that wants to be seen.

If they wanted to be seen or communicate with us, there are far more obvious/efficient/direct ways to do it!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Thank You for the responses everyone, I compiled a short list of what so far have been the most feasible answers- (IMO)

• Indifferent- they are so advanced who cares if we see the lights
  • Communication- ie. light signals or similar to Close Encounters
  • Propulsion- by far the most popular response
  • Future- in the future we build the ships and fly them but still need light to see
  • Human Built And Flown- they are helicopters, airplanes, or top secret projects
  • Trickery- the lights are camo to make us think it's a plane

It's tough to narrow down....

My brain says human built and flown but my heart is stuck between indifferent and propulsion (maybe it's both).

Any other ideas?

My guess is human built & operated in secret by sections of the military! They have the enormous funds to research these next generation craft, they can cherry pick the best scientists to do it. They can take patents & classify them etc, etc. Then add in all the decades they've had to research & develop them.

Glowing balls of light = Plasma based propulsion.
Triangle craft with multiple lights undernearth/around them = Electromagnetic based propulsion.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Since most of the Lights are seen at night, the perfect time to test your black project aircraft, I think they are just to prevent crashes like regular air-traffic.

Though black project aircraft are mostly black, you don't want a commercial flight bumping into one because he didn't have any lights.

Not to mention the huge boom of Chinese lanterns, and radio conrolled gadgets with led lights...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
This once again points a big finger at us being the ones who within our own minds have created it all.

If UFOs are 'imaginary' then why do they turn up on radar and exhibit electromagnetic effects?

Here's an interesting UFO account from 1968 - do you think the sighting was all in the witnesses heads?

Witness Testimony from ground and flight crews begin at 16:10

Google Video Link

Thread

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
UFO's without lights would signal evil intent, they don't want to be seen, so what are they doing which means they dont want to be seen?

I think the lights are a way to say "Hey we are here but dont be scared"

I would be more scared of a UFO without lights than one with lights

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
There are metallic ship sightings and captured on video and photos.
We see a clam shell with of metal looking substance as a bright white
light that is always a sun reflection on a Mylar balloon.
That white light could be the ether light from the propulsion.

Recall the Oberth reason for the slight tip in saucer movement.
If propulsion is due to suspension force and side force you will have
a resulting slight diagonal force to provide the tipping Oberth has
seemingly observed.
This will also results in a light from one side to the top which resembles
a sun reflection. At night we see nothing as usual except the light
of propulsion.

Also consider hoaxing posters of ufos or just plain unexplained ufo
vehicle witnesses. A poster says he saw a metallic vehicle and the
video has a purple blob. Now I said the video does not show a
metallic craft. I asked if he realized that fact.
I don't think I got an answer except a cop out to other posters
saying he saw a balloon.

So does the ufo have strange visual and photographic qualities
or a hoaxer for agents of the ufo craft in which case there is
no hoax but a trial post to ensure the craft remains unknown
without their trying very hard.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by big_BHOY

Originally posted by Jeremy_Vaeni
Brilliant question, OP!!!

The only answer I can think of is: Because they want to be seen. They want to be noticed. And, perhaps, they want to appear like aliens that are similar enough to us that we can comprehend them. (Or think we can.)

If Aliens wanted to be seen, they wouldn't be spotted mostly at night. They could send a video transmission of themselves from the safety of orbit. Simply hack the communication satellites & they have a world stage for anyone watching tv. A worldwide event like that, could not be totally stopped by anyone!

Heck, they could land & do it in any country they so chose.

If they want to be seen, then why are these craft always flying off after a few secs/mins?

If they want to appear like us, then using glowing balls of light in the sky that are far different from anything we have. These balls of light that fly away from anything that gets near it, don't seem like anyone that wants to be seen.

If they wanted to be seen or communicate with us, there are far more obvious/efficient/direct ways to do it!

Right. But this presumes that "wanting to be seen" means wanting to communicate directly and be seen in the way you describe and that they are aliens in the first place. One or both of those may be wrong.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Jeremy_Vaeni]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join