It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMPORTANT Alert: All iPhone Users

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I thought and I am remaking this thread now in Skunk Works itself as I do not have any news source to backup this claim so eventually it will be moved here..so what the heck.. whatever little evidence passed to me I will post in OP, so atleast this helps few people. For those who did not got a chance to read my previous thread a brief recap:

iPhone companies and applications which everyday users like you and me use to send text message and pictures may not be so reliable as you may think. It has come to light that many such applications and companies maybe storing each and every message or picture you may be sending. No this is not printed in any news source or article, you can consider this as a raw information. More than 6 million such images have been found and many contain extremely private pictures such as nudes from husband to wife, girlfriends to boyfriends, business texts etc. Each image is marked with a 5 word code and tagged with the iPhone owner name/ ID, so if anyone who has access to picture can easily track you through your name with social networks such as Facebook, Hi5, Myspace etc. Now think if just to harass or exploit you, people send these embarrassing images to your friends/ Family in your network?

These few screen shots were passed anonymously depicting how image is stored, the blacked out portion was nude and against ATS T&C and all identity have been blacked out to maintain the privacy of iPhone user.

Now if you click a image in above screen this (below) is how it shows with user name, code and which application it was send from along with the message.

Few more examples

So please be extremely careful using such applications and iPhones and avoid sending any material which may later embarrass or harm you.

Now the conspiracy is here, were these users aware all this data was being stored? For what purpose is this data being stored for? Is it being shared with government or product companies? What else can be the motive? I really don't know but I hope you will be careful in future in whatever steps you take.

The End.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
edited..

[edit on 28-3-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this information. A few weeks ago my mom was talking about getting me an iphone. I don't send any type of pictures out on my cell but some of the messages I send out I wouldn't want anyone else but the receiver reading them. I told my mom when she brought it up that I didn't want an iphone because I really don't like them (however I have an ipod...go figure).

If you could get a link on this it would be great as back up.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

Hi thanx for your input. I am not saying iPhones are bad or any such thing it's up to people how they use it and though what medium. Also i'm afraid I don't understand link for what, could you clarify please?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

I was just saying that it would be better to have a link to this information you uncover. There are people are here who link to read things like this from a news source.

However, I do agree with you it does depend on how one uses an iphone or any cell phone for that matter. I feel bad for the people who are affected by this problem.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
All I can say is - HOLY MOLY! =P I'm in trouble methinks...
on a more serious note, I just knew those things would come back and bite us collectively in the rear!
Crikey!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Another thing I wanted to add is the main reason I created this topic was the conspiracy angle behind storing people's data without their knowledge and also people can be aware of gross breach of privacy.

Any normal user would think their message or data is solely between sender and receiver but this proves in many cases it doesn't. Who is behind storing all this data and for what purpose? Who is using all this data? Is the government behind all this because I don't think without govt.'s green light companies can take such a step.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Sorry as I mentioned in OP there are no links or news sources, this is raw information. It was passed to me through anonymous source and I doubt it would make news.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong but this doesn't look like an iPhone:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4034bf7a1c0d.png[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I have an iPhone...

But this happens a lot in social networks. I do think it is wrong for information to be stored without consent but if "they" want to get some dirt on you, it would be rather easy I'm guessing. But I can also see this as making yourself even more of a target without knowing. There is some big information on how facebook is a data farm I think could be related to this...

I was going to ask how you got the information, but I would just like to know how the sender got it.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by kyle43]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

In any case thanks again for posting. I have a friend who has an iphone but she's not a"bad girl" but I think I should still warn her not to send pictures out that she will regret later.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I dont own a iPhone so my knowledge is extremely limited however a google search for iPhone flip model showed me this

Maybe it's some such model..no idea.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

Which is why I don't use facebook anymore. I use myspace, but that's only to discover new music. I try not to post anything online that has the potential to harm me later.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wagtail

If I were you I would try to contact everyone that I sent a picture to, to make sure my business wasn't all over the internet because of those certain people. That's just if you really did that.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I saw a show on acurrent afair or today tonight a few weeks ago
(in australia) sorry dont know how to aply links to post.

They showed how easy it is to program your phone to listen and recive text messagers from any phone with internet acces
they said it is very easy to spy on people these days.

Also I herd if you delete photos on standard hand held camera you can pay someone to retrieve the deleted photos,
sounds crazy but true.
Have you got your iphone hooked up to your computer
bluetooth / infred ect ?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Well if you think about it for a second, it should have been pretty obvious.

How else do you think data gets transmitted from a smartphone (and it's not just the iphone, but blackberries, etc), to another location? The data doesn't just hang around in the ether waiting for the receiver to receive it. Just like technically you should never truly send information via an email account. The information gets stored on a server at a central location until it's transmitted to its destination.

And can you really trust a company to spend money on encryption if it doesn't have too?

Even a Blackberry Enterprise Server has an archive feature..

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
iPhone companies and applications which everyday users like you and me use to send text message and pictures may not be so reliable as you may think. It has come to light that many such applications and companies maybe storing each and every message or picture you may be sending.

Now the conspiracy is here, were these users aware all this data was being stored? For what purpose is this data being stored for? Is it being shared with government or product companies? What else can be the motive? I really don't know but I hope you will be careful in future in whatever steps you take.

So, there's no evidence, yet a determination that this "phenomenon" is limited to "iPhone companies and applications?" What does that mean? Do you mean Apple and the Apple e-mail client on an iPhone? So, you're saying Apple is engaged in a conspiracy to record the public's racy photos? You have evidence Apple does this, but Nokia, Samsung, Motorola, et al, don't? And is it really the phone manufacturer or is it the service provider?

C'mon.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain

I dont own a iPhone so my knowledge is extremely limited however a google search for iPhone flip model showed me this

Maybe it's some such model..no idea.

Uh, I guess I, too, could be wrong. But never heard of an "iPhone flip model." Not sure there is such a thing. Where do you typically get your information?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketgirl
...make sure my business wasn't all over the internet...

That's probably the rule of thumb to live by.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I've also heard myspace is selling information as well. I'll look for the link. But I definitely agree with you that as long as your not doing things you wouldn't want people seeing you do in public then you'll be ok. But on the other hand, if someone looked at YOU and the sites you do post on, and the things you are exposed to, well...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join