It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO & New Agers Agenda Debunked! Owned!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision
BTW everyone. The OP (Spykemann) is being sarcastic...

[edit on 29-3-2010 by NightVision]

That could very well be. I came across another thread one time that everyone got infuriated over and spent large amounts of time trying to disprove, but to me, the whole thread was made tongue in cheek.... Maybe this thread is much the same way.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
If you speak to people in the quantum physics realm, they'll be the first to tell you that they'll believe in basically anything. Not because they're gullible but because they know two things:

1) The universe is far more vast than our puny human brains can even conceive, people on Earth cant even remember where they parked their cars!

2) Since the Universe is "infinite", statistically speaking there are "infinite" amounts of possibilities out there. That being said, nothing is TOO far fetched, and anything is possible SOMEWHERE in the universe.

There could be a race of beings somewhere out there that all look like Jesus, talk about love and forgiveness, but happen to eat babies for breakfast.

Prove that there isnt

As someone who has studied quantum physics at a graduate university level, I can say we won't believe basically anything. Some kind of evidence is required to form the basis for scientific beliefs, at least that's the way science is supposed to work, though I think there are a few theoretical fields that may have strayed a little bit far from physical proof. There is plenty of physical evidence for the strange world of quantum mechanics.

What you are claiming seems to be the distorted pseudoscientific view promoted by the movie "what the bleep do we know" which includes some real science and mixes it with fantasy.

And regarding proof there isn't "a race of beings somewhere out there that all look like Jesus", you can't prove a negative.

Likewise, science can't prove there isn't a God, all we can say is there's no scientific basis or evidence upon which to form a belief in supernatural God. Einstein seemed to use the word "God" as somewhat interchangeable with "Nature" in which case we could say that natural laws like gravitational attraction are "God's laws", but that's not the usage the video in the OP intended for "God" I'm sure. But some scientists are also religious, and they admit that their belief in God is based on faith, rather than science. But almost universally they don't claim evolution is a lie like the OP video does. It's not all religion that's under attack here from my view, it's especially the fundamentalist type that denies evolution and wants everyone else to do the same.

You have got me there Arbit, why say White is using "pseudoscience" as a a silly platform to speak from, while at the same time as giving religious scientists a belief leeway, sounds a bit snobby to me. And then you ask for some evidence to have a belief in something!

[edit on 29-3-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision
To date, I have never heard anyone w. passionate religious upbringing use the term "owned". That term is generally property of the pseudo interweb left brained intellectual crowd, which to me, is a polar opposite of right wing Xtian fundamentalism.

Actually, it is a term that youths use. So, it's not out of the question that he is a Christian fundamentalist....He could just be young.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spykemann
This video is for all you Alien and UFO obsessed people. May GOD lead you all in the right direction cuz you're so naive.

He/she/it states in their profile that they are a devoted xtian so I highly doubt this person was sarcastic.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This whole God vs Aliens thing is stuck in a loophole.

People like the guy in the video talks about how the bible says that the idea of aliens, is mentioned in the bible as angels, but it could also be the other way around, the bible is trying to explain the existence of aliens in whatever form they understood it back then. Round we go..

One thing is for sure. There have been very little to no sightings of winged children, against the amount of Undefined Flying Object/Machine/Vehicle sightings.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

Uh, no it doesn't.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
If god is to be believed, does he not also come under and within the definition of Alien. That's a genuine question, wouldn't a Christian god be an Alien?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

You have got to be kidding, OP. This thread cannot be serious.

Did that minister rail 2 grams before he took the podium? My goodness.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo

He/she/it states in their profile that they are a devoted xtian so I highly doubt this person was sarcastic.

Fair enough. If that's the case, I doubt Spykemann will last long at ATS. To the paranoid Christian, Hell would look like Club Med after spending a week here.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by NightVision]

[edit on 30-3-2010 by NightVision]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
People like the one in the video really freak me out. In my opinion, all religon is a joke, and does more bad than good. There is no evidence what so ever that any religon is the right one, or real, but as long as we have religon, we will have suffering. There has only been one religon that i dont mind, and that is buddism. I hate the muslm,christian and catholics, and i believe the roots of these religons are evil.

And this is the sad thing. If aliens did come here, these wackos will say that they are demons here to decieve us. We are so primitive, and i can understand why ET might not want to show themselves yet.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Spykemann

I stopped watching after 5 seconds. People who need to yell like f*** the whole time just to prove their point aren't worth even watching, it just rips your ears off. This guy has a problem and has become a brainwashed puppet of religion. He doesn't understand a thing and I really don't need his negative energy. Sooner or later though, in his case later, he will come to his senses and perhaps understand everything more clearly. I wish him peaceful future reincarnations.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! This guy needs locking up. What the fk is up with him??lol

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! This guy needs locking up. What the fk is up with him??lol

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I was expecting to be PWNED?

Notice this dummy is not denying the existence of the massive observance of UFO/Extraterrestrial phenomena, but rather in this video claims to have actually prov-en that what were dealing with here is demonic entities!!!

I firmly believe all Christians have their doubts. They tend to fervently discredit anything that flys in the face of their so called faith in effort to convince each other that they really believe all the animals paired up and got a cruise ship and played nice with one another for 40 days, then act like your silly if you don't believe it!

Poor kangaroo's had to swim a long way to get to Noah's boat...Maybee they hitched a ride on one of Satan's UFOS???

Christians have try-ed for over 100 YEARS to disprove evolution and it has held up to any and all scrutiny thrown at it while emerging science continues to back it up! Insert Extraterrestrial visitation in place of evolution in the above paragraph and you will notice it is equally valid.

If Christianity is going to survive the coming day of disclosure, its leaders need to start figuring out how the two can co-exist like the Vatican!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
people that stupid seriously annoy me. Its one of the only things left on this planet that annoys me... I hope he joins the military and fights in the next war. People like him should have been extinct from our population a long time ago.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Niccawhois

sorry.... but you missed out on the obvious......

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
? how cute, a mad man talking about UFO investigation and Christian scripture. He has no authority to talk about flying space aliens(normal terminology) in Church as it should remain a mystery. I agree that some new agers will talk some serious words like Jesus and space aliens and can offend some believers of the church beliefs.

It goes to show that Church and space aliens, UFOs doesn't mix and should belong to the general public interest.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by FungShuiMyLife]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

They're not the same thing. If someone calls a cosmic being god, doesnt mean they are.
The religious arguments are faith based, not experiential based. The ufo and experiencer group is group of people who have seen crafts and had experiences with those onboard, suprisingly often in whole families. ie. more than one sees the craft, and more than one experiences ongoing phenomenon, such as my sons episodes of missing time, 1-2 hours while up, causing him to miss the show he had just begun watching, with other experiences as well.

Albert Einstein once said, "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistant one!"

This is closer to the mark about our universe.

We, along with ets and various corporal to etheric but still corporal, beings in the universe are experiencing life withing an infinite duality universe, streaming in not from a big bang moment, the Jesuits promoted that theory, but from zero point flux, or rather influx. Science keeps discovering "infinities" both in the known universe and in the vacuum, and keeps persistantly tidying these up into finite numbers.

To inifinity and beyond. There is no ONE in infinity. There is many in one, 11111...........or in the binary, 10101010...........This is our inifinite school. There is both a Beyond, Home, a Spiritual truth about life,and the lessons and life found in this school, in the countless infinite planets and galaxies.

We, on this planet are headed by dark siders, in a very negative 3d reality, subject to their coding in all religions and words, their attempt to chain us to karma, and reset buttons, cycles, or what is called the harvest.

Very few religions have escaped the coding to sungods, Christianity, Judaic and Muslim, including many others.

Renounce all the coding and run with the highest meaning of your heart instead.

Ets represent the "corporal" universe which is our school, on various learning assignments, and the Beyond represents home.

But in an infinity everyone is equal, all things, all contain fractals that contain the entire infinity, the all. There is no one greater, smaller, lower, higher, and there is really no "time" in "no time". We are the many in one. So another person on assignment even in a more advanced system is certainly not our "god", they are our equal, our brother or sister.
In infinity, there is no mother, father, child, as that implies again, time.....There is the infinite light, a family of infinite light, equal, brothers and sisters. 1010101010.........

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Unity_99]

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This guy is a fool and so is the person who posted the video. A lot of UFO believers are actually not religious at all, and simply want to find out who is flying them. I for one do NOT find any connection between UFOs and Angels or Demons. Or, MAYBE IF I YELL AT YOU (aka preacher in video) THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO BELIEVE WHAT I AM SAYING!! ...seriously though ....is anyone taking that video serious? I pity you if you do. Good Day.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join