It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO & New Agers Agenda Debunked! Owned!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Is this a new Jim Carrey movie trailer? I don't mind anyone talking about UFO's and religion in a civilized way, but spare me the ranters.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Spykemann

My lord.

I don't know about you guys, but the only people IMO who say that Lucifer is a good guy, are Satanists....I haven't met a lot of people on ATS or who can form a cohesive sentence that subscribe to that line of thought.

Owned? He's been owned by his own religion for a VERY long time from what I can see. Understandably, some of his barking comes from a sense of showmanship all these "preachers" have when it comes to speaking in public.

However, this man is clearly disassociated with much of what "New Age" religion is or says about anything.

...fail...

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
What exactly is the "UFO & New Agers Agenda"? I don't see anybody promoting the subject anywhere other than this message board. This "agenda" is so low key even the "homosexual agenda" seems real compared to it.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Frith]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
"If it walks like a demon, talks like a demon, acts like a 'dejent' (slurred) and teaches like a demon"

He subconsciously touches his mouth when saying 'talks like a demon'.

He 'acts' like a demon when slurring what should be pure words.

He gestures to himself when saying 'teaches like a demon'.

I'm not Christian, but I think I see what's going on here.

Though, he's not altogether wrong. The Galactic Federation of Light's leader 'Ashtar' is also known as Ishtar, or Ishkur, and a slew of others, but more importantly you know her as Isis. When condensed you might recognise this name as '$'. Isis is linked to Venus, I believe, which is known as the Morning Star, which has been been incorrectly translated by Mormonism and the Bible as Lucifer, or Lucem Ferre, Light beare... anyways.. Isis is half of the caduceus staff, which are entwined serpents, which represent DNA, which is altered, most likely by Aliens, who gave us religion, in order to discredit their existence.

We're in deep.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by purplemonkeydishwasher]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Right.

But a belief in ET's is a logical conclusion to draw, since we as a life-form, together with every other form of life on this world alone, are a prime and irrefutable example of the existence of life within the multiverse.

There is no evidence whatsoever for god, as religious humans perceive it. So the likely assumption, since we are alive and making one, is that there is the very real likelihood other life forms exist too. One cannot make the same assumptions about a deity or god, without the introduction of faith.

Therefore, a belief in ET's and other life elsewhere is an empirical based belief, drawn form obvious facts of life here, while a belief in a supernatural god is based in faith and societal conditioning alone.

Religion is a cult, whereas a belief in ET's or UFO's are not for the reasons given above. Not unless one starts to worship those ET's or UFO's or course, then that would be the tipping point into a cult-like belief.

Long story short, the two are not the same thing at all.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Did he pass out the collection bowl i wonder?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
"Lets ask ourselves some common sense QUESTIONS!"

ummmm...yeah that is taken directly from chapter facepalm verse 2:self.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

in 2012 venus will line up with the earth, sun and the moon... lucifer/venus is known as the bringer of light and knowledge...this is why the freemasons emphasize worship of isis and venus and almost any other deity/planet/constellation because they know of the power of energy in the universe. this is why i think 2012 will be great for people who are aware of the energy!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
i believe in a higher power, and i also believe in aliens, nobody ever said you cant be believers in both.

When whistleblower Sgt. Clifford Stone asked the ET' who is their god, they told him their god was the same as ours, in other words they were saying that their was a superior being or a creator.

ALSO, Clifford Stone said that ET' were NOT supernational, they were like humans, and also mentioned that's why their saucers sometimes crashed.

In other words, aliens are susceptable to failures just like us.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
No slam on the OP, I appreciate the video. But I don't think he debunked or owned or pwnd anyone or anything. Just my opinion. I'm still stuck on this slamming of evolution thing?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Spykemann

This video is for all you Alien and UFO obsessed people. May GOD lead you all in the right direction cuz you're so naive.

(from the video) I will kick evolution people every chance I get.

There is so much resentment here. Why are you so angry? I don't recall Jesus saying anything about violence and hatred against those who have different beliefs.

If you truly believe that you have something to say about kindness, then maybe you should try saying it kindly.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
looks like this guy stepped into a firing squad!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Oh happy happy joy joy, another thread bashing established religion.

If God is real, which He is, some people have some eventual reckoning to do. Look what complexity we have, what potential in our undiscovered design, and how intelligently we were crafted. Is it so hard to believe we were created, not evolved? Read some Emerson and be amazed, because you're not even holding a matchstick to the sun of his genius. Yes, please spare us your rants, and realize that nothing is going to last for thousands of years and become a life-centering religion for billions upon billions of intelligent humans without any merit. In this deceptive age of scientific and political agenda, of cheap culture and moral lassitude we are witnessing the destruction of our every moral boundary that used to protect society as a whole. Let's face it, this is a decaying decadent culture that has already seen its best days. Now injustice and judgemental control over others are everyday trials, create-your-own-religions assert themselves as reality, and our societal problems have become exponentially worse. Don't you think, even if you are unsure, that's it's a matter worth reserving a doubt and being respectful over?

I used to debate about my religion, in-depth, point for point with people until I was blue in the face and even hated for my tenacity at times - I learned my lesson too. No matter how well-explained, researched, or sensible it was only perceived as an insult by those who refused to see.Unless someone wants some guidance, you will not see most spiritually-minded people who believe firmly in God engage in a heated arguement. It's not because you "silence" anyone, it is perhaps because what is precious to us will not be thrown out before those who intend to simply tear it to pieces, no matter how well-stated. It's to not add fuel to a ridiculous fires. It's because most who love God, Know Him Personally in our Hearts and hear His guidance would rather you attack us than God. But no, with reckless fervour many an athiest of such a nature would prefer to insult their Maker, without whose gift of life they could not exist, and heap curses upon themselves. As my old neighbours explained once to me (ages 80 and 95) - they credited their longevity to plenty of sleep, eating plenty of fresh fruit, and not argueing about religion.

I'm also well aware of the dichotamy in Masonic tradition and others to undermine, seed enemy agents among, and discredit Christianity for hundreds of years. It's a shame that people don't wake up to the perpetualized bs which works behind the scenes. Empirical evidence and observation has replaced faith in this Christians life - so many answered prayed, the loving prescence of the Holy Spirit among us, healing, pre-cognizance and warnings, accelerated reactions and intelligence, conversations with angels, testimonies in the thousands from others, and on. A real and living God who loves and supports us! All I have to say to them is Too. Damn. Late.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BroketheWall

please tell me why this " major planetary alignment " will produce any more significant effect than the " major planetary alignment " of 05th MAY 2000 ???????????????

WELL ?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northwarden
Oh happy happy joy joy, another thread bashing established religion.

If God is real, which He is, some people have some eventual reckoning to do. Look what complexity we have, what potential in our undiscovered design, and how intelligently we were crafted. Is it so hard to believe we were created, not evolved? Read some Emerson and be amazed, because you're not even holding a matchstick to the sun of his genius. Yes, please spare us your rants, and realize that nothing is going to last for thousands of years and become a life-centering religion for billions upon billions of intelligent humans without any merit. In this deceptive age of scientific and political agenda, of cheap culture and moral lassitude we are witnessing the destruction of our every moral boundary that used to protect society as a whole. Let's face it, this is a decaying decadent culture that has already seen its best days. Now injustice and judgemental control over others are everyday trials, create-your-own-religions assert themselves as reality, and our societal problems have become exponentially worse. Don't you think, even if you are unsure, that's it's a matter worth reserving a doubt and being respectful over?

I used to debate about my religion, in-depth, point for point with people until I was blue in the face and even hated for my tenacity at times - I learned my lesson too. No matter how well-explained, researched, or sensible it was only perceived as an insult by those who refused to see.Unless someone wants some guidance, you will not see most spiritually-minded people who believe firmly in God engage in a heated arguement. It's not because you "silence" anyone, it is perhaps because what is precious to us will not be thrown out before those who intend to simply tear it to pieces, no matter how well-stated. It's to not add fuel to a ridiculous fires. It's because most who love God, Know Him Personally in our Hearts and hear His guidance would rather you attack us than God. But no, with reckless fervour many an athiest of such a nature would prefer to insult their Maker, without whose gift of life they could not exist, and heap curses upon themselves. As my old neighbours explained once to me (ages 80 and 95) - they credited their longevity to plenty of sleep, eating plenty of fresh fruit, and not argueing about religion.

I'm also well aware of the dichotamy in Masonic tradition and others to undermine, seed enemy agents among, and discredit Christianity for hundreds of years. It's a shame that people don't wake up to the perpetualized bs which works behind the scenes. Empirical evidence and observation has replaced faith in this Christians life - so many answered prayed, the loving prescence of the Holy Spirit among us, healing, pre-cognizance and warnings, accelerated reactions and intelligence, conversations with angels, testimonies in the thousands from others, and on. A real and living God who loves and supports us! All I have to say to them is Too. Damn. Late.
All well and good in what you say, but you didn't need someone like videoman, using the strawman arguments+ a rant + a rave now and again did you? you just said what you think. Videoman is intolerant, "Evolution is a Lieeee" Alfred Russel Wallace simply had an idea, a proposal, so where did the lie come from? It is quite obvious that videoman has er, fallen out of his tree, and that we, as more advanced Monkeys should do the Christian Monkey thing, and put him back into his tree.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Both the god-believers and the alien-believers are simply anthropo-morphising the observable universe. One sees a god, the other sees aliens, but they're both doing the same thing. So, having one cult outing the other as naive is, well... naive.
That's not totally unlike what Carl Sagan has to say about religion and UFOs starting at about 2 minutes into this video:

(click to open player in new window)

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9e5d8cba245a.jpg[/atsimg]

There really isn't much more to say. Though the "Owned!" part does add a laughability factor this thread would have otherwise been lacking.

When a single facepalm isn't enough:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f8d466294f16.jpg[/atsimg]

Actually the OP reminds me of a math test I took one time where I had to show my work. By some freakish accident, I got the right answer even though I used the wrong method to get it.

Likewise, I have to agree with the ultimate conclusion of the OP video that most new age stuff seems like a load of fertilizer to me too, but the way he gets there by calling evolution wrong is not the right approach.

Originally posted by karl 12
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

There's an interesting video here about the two subjects.

That's an excellent clip by Carlin!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
Religion is a cult, whereas a belief in ET's or UFO's are not for the reasons given above. Not unless one starts to worship those ET's or UFO's or course, then that would be the tipping point into a cult-like belief.

Long story short, the two are not the same thing at all.

I think you miss the point my friend (or maybe not). Believing in ETs isn't a cult, that's fine, most people think they are likely.

What gets people labeled as cultists is drawing conclusions based on faith rather than facts about the nature of UFOs being ET, or following of cultists with no evidence to support their claims like Applewhite, Meier, Adamski, Lazar, etc.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Oh boy.....Where is the op now? Super Troll.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/beef80e5f76c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BroketheWall
ok, tell yourself this if the rapture does happen the church will be the ones going...if anyone knows that they will know christians were right and the "crackpots" were wrong.

Let me see here, when the Illuminati decide to implement Project Blue Beam and scoop up all of the Faithful, and then it turns out to be a Reptilian Starcruiser instead of the fake Christ in the sky, and the men are herded into cages to be eaten later, while the women are told they will be sex slaves, for procreation purposes, well, when that happens, I don't mind being "wrong."

so then by your faith we can repent and be saved.
but if people who do no justice to the furthering of are spiritual nature are left behind...then all the christians will see they were wrong and will follow the lead.

Faith in what? Saved from what? You, friend, do not have even the faith to decide that perhaps GOD made a few more worlds than this one, and a few other beings than your kind, and you expect me to have faith in a God I have never seen, heard, or felt? Oh, it's OK for one of you to have a vision of Jesus, that's cool. but when one of us secular people have a vision of something else, or show you a clear photo of something not of this world, you say it's something out of your Bible instead of what it really is. "Demons!" "Devils!"

the second scenario is highly unlikely to happen though. they will probably continue their spiritual evolution elsewhere, instead of knowing the truth about are spiritual rights.
i beleive most of humanity will realize we are all one...from the sun to the micro organsims that make up everything...its all connected.

I think everyone is already coming to the knowledge we are all one, but the Christians and the Muslims are fighting this off tooth and nail. Neither of them think anyone except them is good for anything.

its anyone who harms the whole by keeping the cycle of good and evil going that will be taken.

It's called a Balance, friend, and without balance, you have chaos.

he says it only tries to debunk christianity thats false it debunks every religion known to man! the message does not say christians will leave...its anyone not supporting the greater good of mankind that will be taken
he interprets their message wrong...the people who are taken are not allowing the whole to break the cycle of good and evil, therefore disrubting the harmony. the ones still on earth can handle these changes because they will be in harmony with these changes...why do you think they want the open mind open heart to stay around for the biggest disaster the world has ever seen??

Well, I am one who tries to debunk every book religion, guess that makes me the anti-Christ huh? And what, pray tell, is this "big disaster" that we will cause by disturbing the harmony of Christians running the entire world? Could it be the Apocalypse that you all have been praying so hard for? I for one am also looking forward to the end of this cycle, and the beginning of the next one. You do know about the cycles, don't you?

Because death will be an illusion to the ones still here and we will ride along with the new frequency wave instead of stopping the evolution of this planet and our consciousness.the people took on the ship are taken because they will not allow this process of spiritual evolution! ive always heard they would receive the frequency to but if they reject it than they cannot receive it and will die. only to be reborn again to start all over.
i can even explain with the bible these principles if you want me to.

Friend, death is an illusion, always has been, always will be. And I can guarantee you that I am riding a much higher frequency than you are right now. We are all evolving, not just Christians, in fact, they are the ones fighting it all the way. And as for being reborn, I have been reborn thousands of time over the past 3000 years or so. I am tired, and looking forward to some R&R on the Home Planet. You do not have a lock on anything.

even if they are evil by your faith if we rebuke them in the name of christ they will go...but what happens when they just look at you and say i am of christ and so are you!

I am not christ, not of christ, I am something else altogether. If the man really did live, he didn't look like the picture hanging on your wall at home, and he didn't start any religions, in fact he hated them. He also didn't charge you people to go out and kill millions of innocent pagans in the name of your false god.

I hope you are not hurt by this, that was not my meaning. It's just that every few weeks or so, a new Christians comes in here trying to save everyone from their Devil. We do not want to be saved from anything. We do not wish to read Bible quotes, there are thousands of those in here. I have studied religion for many years, mostly yours. I have come to strongly believe that the God Yahweh was a Dragon, of the Draconian Race, and not a God at all. I know you like to claim ETs do not exist, but friend, all those Angels in the Bible? Pillar of fire and column of smoke? Fire and Brimstone from the sky? There are many more.
The Greys claim Jesus was one of theirs, and they were shocked that he was killed.
The Bible is made up from many different stories and myths from many different cultures. I have read it through several times, and can use it to prove, or disprove, most anything at all. Christianity is probably the biggest religious conspiracy there is today!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spykemann
This video is for all you Alien and UFO obsessed people. May GOD lead you all in the right direction cuz you're so naive.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a6fd882fbcc3.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join