It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO & New Agers Agenda Debunked! Owned!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

This video is for all you Alien and UFO obsessed people. May GOD lead you all in the right direction cuz you're so naive.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28/3/2010 by Mirthful Me]

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spykemann

This video is for all you Alien and UFO obsessed people. May GOD lead you all in the right direction cuz you're so naive.

Let's be fair about things.

Both the god-believers and the alien-believers are simply anthropo-morphising the observable universe. One sees a god, the other sees aliens, but they're both doing the same thing. So, having one cult outing the other as naive is, well... naive.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Theres an interesting video here about the two subjects.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Great Debunking!!! Slaps palm to face!
Fundamental Christians have some powerful scientific minds... oh wait!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This young man in the video seems enraged with hate. I will pray for him to realize we are all one, all connected, by a higher power.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9e5d8cba245a.jpg[/atsimg]

There really isn't much more to say. Though the "Owned!" part does add a laughability factor this thread would have otherwise been lacking.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
i believe in a higher power, and i also believe in aliens, nobody ever said you cant be believers in both.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Spykemann

LOL awesome video...glad to see the guy had it anwsered with logic and reason. Way to burn with grace aye?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
OP, sarcasm? You can't be serious. You just can't.

Owned? By what? Some fool on youtube spouting nonsense with belligerent vigor and insisting that it's true? If he shouts loud enough that makes him right?

Folks I'm going to kick evolution every chance I get, because they're using physical evolution - WHICH IS A LIE! - to make way for spiritual evolution, which is an even bigger lie!

When people say things like, you think they're right?

Listen, OP, I hope really hope you're kidding here. If you buy into any of this I think it would do you some good to think about what makes a good argument, what makes you believe something is true, and how observations can be used as premises in logical arguments to form rational beliefs. This video is not a rational argument. If religion is important to you, you need to ask yourself why you should believe that your religion is correct, and others aren't. When people tell you things and say that it comes from god, is that more convincing than when someone tells you something and shows you the evidence for it?

UFOs are observations that people have trouble explaining. They fill in the explanation with something that is agreeable to their worldview. ETs, spirits, gods, hallucinations, top secret technology, ect. The fact of the matter is that there just isn't conclusive evidence for any particular explanation. Until we have such evidence, people who explain UFOs do so in whatever terms they find agreeable. They choose to accept an explanation, rather than being compelled to accept one by the facts. If many people have differing opinions on the matter, how can you tell who's right? The answer is that the only way to tell is by finding evidence which is inconstant with every explanation except one. Then you are justified in believing that that explanation is the best availible. The bible contains no evidence.

Unfortunately, I realize as I write this that if you were at all serious in the OP then any attempt at rational conversation is doomed to fail.

[edit on 3/28/10 by OnceReturned]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
i believe in a higher power, and i also believe in aliens, nobody ever said you cant be believers in both.

Yes but not everyone's minds can handle what appears to be a paradoxical take on reality. Be grateful that you can.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

So believing in other alien lifeforms is crazy? If you think about the odds and use common sense there probably is something out there.
Even the vatican said that if there was alien life it was created by god.

And owned? really? owned? Are you 12?
I'll leave you be because i am sure you got bibles to thump.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I am too stupid to conceive of a world in which there is both a god and a universe with diverse beings in it.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

The guy in the video is the one who is owned, owned by the Dragon they worship under a false name and know not what he is, or his agenda for them, his many blind followers. I have heard my share of so called men of God attempting to rename any and all ET beings as Fallen Angels and Satan's demons, and I ain't having none of it.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

As far as im aware there is way more "evidence" to support intelligent life in our universe, whether that life has visited earth is another question, But there is zero evidence there is all creating, all knowing god, none, zip, zilch. Religious people rely on 'faith', which is taking someone else’s word for it. Of course this is all pending on what you see god as, as another poster says its just (anthro-promorphisising) nature. But hey it’s your life believe what you will

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
OP who is the naive one?! I'd say it is anyone who believes in such nonsense that this nut case you decided to post is spewing. The video displays a top notch fool, (er maybe madman is a more appropriate name), using his own fairy tale beliefs to explain the answers to another fairy tale. There is not ONE hair of reality in anything this lunatic is spewing. And you fell for it. Naive huh? Dont worry, I fell for this nonsense many many years ago before common sense smacked me in the face in the form of SELF RESEARCH rather than listening to FOOLS LIKE THIS NUT JOB.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well, Aliens probably DO exist somewhere out in the cosmos, the christian God though...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Wha ha ha ha

Isn't that guy minister, preacher whatever.

Isn't he the same one who eventualy admitted he was gay ?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Outstanding video Karl. George really knew how to sum up society, people and double standards in general.

However I think the person who titled this thread needs to check the 12 year old internet nerd slang at the door.

To add, from now on any more religious types preaching or pushing their fictional garbage on this board, will be added to my ignore list. I urge anyone else who is tired of reading the same fictional stories over and over again to do the same. All it does is clog up threads as the best these people can do is take quotes from their favorite little fables from the novels they follow so blindly.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Jocko Flocko]

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Jocko Flocko]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
ok, tell yourself this if the rapture does happen the church will be the ones going...if anyone knows that they will know christians were right and the "crackpots" were wrong. so then by your faith we can repent and be saved.
but if people who do no justice to the furthering of are spiritual nature are left behind...then all the christians will see they were wrong and will follow the lead.
the second scenario is highly unlikely to happen though. they will probably continue their spiritual evolution elsewhere, instead of knowing the truth about are spiritual rights.
i beleive most of humanity will realize we are all one...from the sun to the micro organsims that make up everything...its all connected.

its anyone who harms the whole by keeping the cycle of good and evil going that will be taken. he says it only tries to debunk christianity thats false it debunks every religion known to man! the message does not say christians will leave...its anyone not supporting the greater good of mankind that will be taken
he interprets their message wrong...the people who are taken are not allowing the whole to break the cycle of good and evil, therefore disrubting the harmony. the ones still on earth can handle these changes because they will be in harmony with these changes...why do you think they want the open mind open heart to stay around for the biggest disaster the world has ever seen??
Because death will be an illusion to the ones still here and we will ride along with the new frequency wave instead of stopping the evolution of this planet and our consciousness.the people took on the ship are taken because they will not allow this process of spiritual evolution! ive always heard they would receive the frequency to but if they reject it than they cannot receive it and will die. only to be reborn again to start all over.
i can even explain with the bible these principles if you want me to.

even if they are evil by your faith if we rebuke them in the name of christ they will go...but what happens when they just look at you and say i am of christ and so are you!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
wow, a guy shouting at me and talking really fast. THEN blagging on about how evolution is a lie.
so convincing.

I pray to god that you do not pro-create -_-"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join