It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment March

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Second Amendment March

Has anyone heard about the upcoming ‘Second Amendment March’? Well if not it will occur on April 19 in Washington, D.C. Here is the website.
www.secondamendmentmarch.com...

Now it’s time to emphasize why this is important. April 19 has historical symbolism in this country and is the date of many tragedies.

19 April, 1775 - The shot heard round the world on April 19,1775 the battles of Lexington and Concord that started the American Revolution.

19 April, 1861 - American Civil War: Baltimore riot of 1861, a pro-Secession mob in Baltimore, Maryland, attacks United States Army troops marching through the city.

19 April, 1993 - The 51-day siege of the Branch Davidian building outside Waco, Texas, USA, ends when a fire breaks out. Eighty-one people die.

19 April, 1995 - Oklahoma City bombing: The Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA, is bombed, killing 168. That same day convicted murderer Richard Wayne Snell, who had ties to bombing suspect Timothy McVeigh, is executed in Arkansas.

These were just a few of the important April 19’s in our history. This day is important to many people on the right-wing fringe and the ordinary constitutionalists. So could this day turn to violence or will it just be a peaceful day for the gun lovers of America? We just have to wait.

[edit on 3/26/10 by Misoir]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Does anyone believe anything bad will happen on that date? Or will it just be typical peaceful march?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Hello there and allow me to chime in, as much as I wish I could attend this rally I will not be able to due to my being in Texas and plane tickets costing me an arm and a leg these days.

Anyways, my birthday is on that very day of the 19th of April so it will be a day for me as well(although being a single guy who isn't from this state, can't expect much.)
I keep this date in historical significance because of the MOST IMPORTANT year for America on the day of April 19th.
Battles of Lexington and Concord

This day marked the time that Americans made it a true Fight for Independence by taking on the British in the first armed engagement of the American Revolution.
My opinion is that of we Americans are people of action when the time comes, it wasn't until 3 months later we made our Declaration of Independence and the politicians got on board.

This is the Anniversary of The Spirit of America saying "Enough is enough, no more room for Tyrants and Injustice, we will take it from here."

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Ok, let me see if I understand this correctly…a bunch of people are going to march on Washington exercising their right to bear arms? On April 19th? After a whole bunch of representatives have been threatened in one way or another for pissing off most of the country by passing the Healthcare deal?

WOW This should be interesting.

I am marking this date on my calander and passing it around. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Oh wow, there is also:

The shot heard round the world on April 19th 1775 - the battles of Lexington and Concord that started the American Revolution.

I thought you were being silly at first about the whole date thing. Now that I am looking into it, it is just scary.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

I was watching MSNBC and that's how I learned about this march. At first I just blew it off until today when I started to look into it. Thanks for adding that extra date

I thought I would get the word out before April 19 so that people will know about the march and if anything happens I called it first.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

planning the trip NOW..

bringing my wife and kids....

and new "shoes"...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hopefully today is a, heh, "peaceful" gun march.

I must admit, albeit reluctantly, that this has been on my mind a little bit. It feels like the storm is brewing around us, yet the rain never sets in. Here is hoping today is without thunder.

Love and Light

[edit on 19-4-2010 by purplemonkeydishwasher]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
well now, I hope they didn't tell too many people about it... we dont want the whole country showing up armed to the teeth. that wouldnt be cool.

link   
triple post

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Anti-Evil]

link   
double post

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Anti-Evil]

top topics

join