It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TAPS (Ghost Hunters) is fake! Former member speaks out.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
man I am not surprised. DOnna was one of TAPS most creditable investigators. She suddenly left the show. they claimed she had lupus or something. but she never came back. SHe had a normal job doing something scientific I forget what. But she seems honest and angry over the situation. I totally see what she is saying about the TAPS community being like a cult where anything jay and grant say goes.

I for one have no reason to disbelieve her. If donna says taps id fake tan I believe her.

Wow at the end she seems really angry at TAPS. giving them a strong message to not go after her cause she isn't afraid of them bulleying her. She has dirt on them for sure and hey know that, which is why she claims she not afraid of hem. BUt I understand why she doesn't want to point out specific instances of hoaxing. Lawyers suck when they are constantly sending out threatening letters wether they have any real leverage or merit or not. it's still not a game anybody wants to get into cause fighting lawyers even if you are in the right is extremely expensive.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Now there was a huge dispute about this Ghost Divas thing. And they have ripped taps to shreds deservingly and undeservingly. Donna even recanted some of this and stated some things were taken out of context. And this interview is a little on the dated side.

That being said, it's a docudrama. I know several of the members of TAPS. I know for a fact some of the evidence is artificially created by the crew. Ghost Hunters is built for entertainment. For ratings. They lost their credibility as investigators a long time ago. Theit investigations have no scientiffic merit whatsoever.

But the Ghost Divas and Donna hold a grudge against TAPS, so their credibility comes into question. But her comments question the integrity of a group of pseudoscientiific fraudelent hacks. So is she telling the truth about this particular investigation? Why not they fake evidence in every other show.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

I used to watch this show religiously and for a long while I thought it was real but about three seasons ago, during the Halloween special, I realized that the magic was gone. When they started bringing on "guest investigators" that were actually just "stars" from other sci-fi (now SyFy) shows (particularly the ECW wrestlers). Bringing on those "guest" stars was what made me realize it was fake, it kind of ruined the illusion...

The show was informative, even if it was fake from the beginning, because they did teach you to be skeptical and look at the paranormal through scientific eyes instead of going in with superstitious bias. Much preferable to the shows where they bring in mediums and psychics.

I've done several paranormal investigations on my own and while their evidence might be staged their tactics do help one approach the paranormal with a skeptical but open mind.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If you want a real version of the show look at the paranormal investigative series on NGC(national geographic). It's the only credible show of this genre I've seen.

The sad thing is I used to dig Paranormal state. I know several of those guys too. And RYan has completely sold the show out. At one point pprior to the pilot he really was seeking the truth. Now he seeks ratings and is an egomanical ratings whore.

One thing I'll say is about the psychics he uses. Michelle is a fraud. I've met her and we used her. She mainstreamed her image in order to make herself more marketable to the show. And she's perfectly willing to go along with Ryan's scams. Ryan is a proven liar. I'm going to go against the grain here but Chip Coffey is very good. When he worked with us he was consistently spot on, even when we tried to stump him. I'm familliar with cold readings, but chip was impressive. Lorraine Warren was interesting. She was very accurate as well. But at times she went fishing a lot, and I don't think she needed to. She mixes fraud with legitimate ability.

Father Bob Bailey is an honorable man. But he's never performed an excorcism. And he allows the show to represent that he's an excorcist. What FBB does is called deliverance. But boy does he have some stories. And he's a straight up guy.

I think the most entertaining show is Ghost Adventures and while much evidence appears completely fake, at least Zack is entertaining. And he freely admits that they magnify certain things for entertainment value.

If its a tv series it must have ratings to survive. Except on NGC. LOL. Those guys go in with the intent of debunking claims. No pseudoscience there just a completely scientiffic exploration. And they are very good about showing how these other shows fake evidence.

But the rule of thumb is, if its a tv series it's got a lot of BS to it.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
Now there was a huge dispute about this Ghost Divas thing. And they have ripped taps to shreds deservingly and undeservingly. Donna even recanted some of this and stated some things were taken out of context. And this interview is a little on the dated side.

That being said, it's a docudrama. I know several of the members of TAPS. I know for a fact some of the evidence is artificially created by the crew. Ghost Hunters is built for entertainment. For ratings. They lost their credibility as investigators a long time ago. Theit investigations have no scientiffic merit whatsoever.

But the Ghost Divas and Donna hold a grudge against TAPS, so their credibility comes into question. But her comments question the integrity of a group of pseudoscientiific fraudelent hacks. So is she telling the truth about this particular investigation? Why not they fake evidence in every other show.

That is the problem and the thing that people need to realize.
TAPS existed long before Ghost Hunters and is completely separate.
Ghost Hunters is pilgrim entertainment, and the guys do their thing and honestly can not be responsible for things the crew do and set up.
I have spoken to Jay and Steve at length, they genuinely go through with the intent to investigate and I can honestly and safely say that Jay, Steve, Tango, Dustin, Kris and the rest have never faked anything and when confronted with something they try and work through it.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

I used to watch this show religiously and for a long while I thought it was real but about three seasons ago, during the Halloween special, I realized that the magic was gone. When they started bringing on "guest investigators" that were actually just "stars" from other sci-fi (now SyFy) shows (particularly the ECW wrestlers). Bringing on those "guest" stars was what made me realize it was fake, it kind of ruined the illusion...

Yeah, I remember one wrestler ran away screaming at the end of one episode, it was ridiculous. I've enjoyed some of the guests they have like Destination Truth's Josh Gates, or when Meat Loaf accompanied them in an episode he seemed to take it seriously.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
yea they always seem surprised and they can almost tell when something is faked by the production crew. Like the live event at Ft. Delaware I think it was where they heard that dudes voice say "you're not supposed to be down here" Which clearly was a fake recorded voice, it even sounded like it came from a speaker. Yet Grant was like wtf?? but he knew it was a fake and had to run with it since the show was live. The first instance of the fakery was when they had those "workers" stop the camera so someone could hide behind a bed to pull the covers down. And TAPS actually figured it out. For the most part I do believe that they are genuine and mean well. But TV is a death industry, they will do anything and everything for ratings.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Does anyone know what episode this is from? They looked legitimately angry that they were hoaxed, I am really wondering what they said at the conclusion.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
It was the episode "Moss Beach Distillery" in southern california. about 4 seasons back. maybe even the first season.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by BASSPLYR]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
OP
WHY ARE YOU NOT ANSWERING ANY OF MY EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by xynephadyn]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
OP

LOL.
Sorry, this is too funny

Ahem, back on topic
, I have never seen these shows as they aren't broadcasted in the Netherlands I believe (and if they are, I never watch television). But, just as it is in my country, keep in mind that a lot of things in TV-Land is staged. Not everything, but a lot is. But I'd really like to watch TAPS once, just out of curiousity.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
One Word: Infotainment (or - how to let then be proud to be stupid)

Section 4:

Entertainment and news crossovers Infotainers are entertainers in infotainment media, such as news anchors or "news personalities" who cross the line between journalism (quasi-journalism) and entertainment. Notable examples in the U.S. media are Barbara Walters, Katie Couric, Keith Olbermann, Bill O'Reilly, Maury Povich, Deborah Norville, and Geraldo Rivera among others. Barbara Walters, though not the first to cross the line between news and personality stories, is for many the quintessential news-media icon. Her career dates back to the 50s, and her current prominence at ABC is largely due to celebrity interviews, with a long running co-anchorship on 20/20 with Hugh Downs and, later, John Stossel until 2004, and her overlapping morning infotainment show The View. When Geraldo Rivera became the host of his own news-oriented talk show on CNBC, others within the NBC organization voiced their protest, including Tom Brokaw who was reported to have threatened to quit. Rivera had a notorious history as a "sleaze reporter" and daytime talk show host, where he and one or two others were representative of "Tabloid talk shows"; television seen to have little social value or redeeming intelligence, but still popular with viewers. Fox News is sometimes classified as infotainment as it increasingly relies on loose fact checking policies, distortion of facts and celebrity personalities to present a more entertaining, although less factually accurate, version of events.[6]

Source:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by -Thom-

Originally posted by xynephadyn
OP

LOL.
Sorry, this is too funny

The OP contacted me regarding my professional paranormal services asking for my help, and has been MIA since, and I AM Concerned for his wellbeing thank you very much ;p

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I don't really care if they are, I love watching the show anyway. Its really addictive, but I think I like destination truth better.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
i think ghost hunters started true, but if u noticed, their first season they had no results. NONE
but 2nd season
what u knw
they started finding all sorts of things.
maybe they are searching better places? or maybe the producers wanted results.
idk
but im thinking that its kinda fake
idnt even watch it anymore

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I love the paranormal I've seen many a ghosts mostly when I was younger though I would love to create an investigation group in my area.

I can't stand ghost hunters though it is so acted out. It plays out like American choppers with the way they cut the scenes and all the obvious written out statements and stuff it just agitates me. It seems like there always talking or joking around in a lot of the episodes I've ever seen to they never shut up and just sit there they just walk into a room look around and go nope not haunted.

what I don't understand is why hasn't anyone every made a show where the "investigators" stay in the haunted area for a extended period of time like a week. most of the time the eye witnesses have worked/ lived there for years, so it's not like a full body apparition is a nightly occurrence.
It wouldn't be like its impractical all these "reality TV shows" spend days with the people so why would it be any different with a paranormal show. I don't know just an idea.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The only thing I ever put interest into was the video evidence. A lot of its vary interesting but since the first season its like we've gotten 3 seasons of the same episode over and over again.

Sounds off camera bangs and pangs are just too suspect. Personal experience and testimony from investigators... well...

They have a right to state that have no control over what happens at an investigation but still. Airing the same damn thing over and over only works for kids cartoons.

And drama.. in effect is a marketing and hype tool. Soo.. yeah figure that one out.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It seems to me that you just can't go bounding into a situation when your only goal is to "check it out" and "see if you can find something." How about going into a situation with some kind of research paradigm and a testable hypothesis in place.

For instance, start with the hypothesis that there is a way for a stable consciousness to be manifested within a electromagnetic field. You go to a hot spot with some field generators and see if you can get different responses to different types and strengths of fields.

They're always making odd assumptions on that show. When they interview whoever invited them, for example, they find out where there have been sightings. Then then set the cameras up at those locations. Well, I can see where it might help you catch something like a residual haunting, where the field shape is such that it allows people to see or hear "echoes" of things that happened in different times. But for the most part, just because you once see a ghost walking down a staircase, doesn't mean it will do it ever again.

Seems to me that if you really want to nail these things down, you need to do the experiments in a controlled lab and see what you can bring into your own controlled space. Not just let them run wild and you just try to catch them by chance. Ouija boards seem to work pretty well. Bring one in. Have a seance. Do some summoning. I'm not sure running around the countryside looking for "free range" ghosts and spirits is the way to go.

It just isn't scientific. I'd like to see more science brought in. It seems like we've got a lot better monitoring equipment than we had 100 years ago when people were investigating it. Let's put it to proper use.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
If your going to stop watching ghost hunters because it's fake then stop watching tv all together because all tv is fake.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join