It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TAPS (Ghost Hunters) is fake! Former member speaks out.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
You know people get mad and they lie. Why can't she give any REAL details in the interview. She says that they are stagging things and making things up, but never gives a specific show or specific example. Maybe she is just mad and getting back at them. I don't know or care either way. I do know, if I was trying to prove a show was fake I would be as specific as possible to prove I am telling the truth.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I stopped watching Ghost Hunters about midway through the second season due to the TV reality drama. Of course the show presents fake 'evidence', it is a TV show after all. The problem is most people who watch the show think everything is real.

Even though I stopped watching, many of my friends watch the show regularly. TAPS credibility went down the drain for me when they investigated Prospect Place. The owner of the property told us TAPS actually brought their own bats to release in the attic to make the show more dramatic.

I believe Ghost Hunters and shows like it have tarnished the paranormal field. Now everyone and their brother has a paranormal group who 'scientifically' investigate and debunk just like they see on TV, making it harder for people who need help to find a reputable group.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy

Does anyone know what episode this is from? They looked legitimately angry that they were hoaxed, I am really wondering what they said at the conclusion.

My question is about this eppi, didn't they do research on this site? It is a well known restaurant in the in So Cal area. The ghostly activity is gimicky (think Bobby McGee's type stuff but for ghosts)

I had no idea Donna was fired. I remember when she had to return Stateside while doing GHI due to a flair up of Chrone's Disease. Can anyone fill me in on the whys she was fired?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hey I'm sorry for the short response.

I certainly don't mean to offend anyone.

But in response the the title of this thread:

"No Sh#"

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
If its on the TV:

New is its most likey STAGED!!!!

My tv is off 95% of the time for that reason!!!

Ghost hunters is just a show, that needs ratings or they don't get paid!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OokieSpookie
reply to post by imitator

Brian was a self destructive nut job who was good for nothing but comic relief.

And even then he wasn't all that funny.

I like the show. I also like to go a check out creepy haunted places with my cameras and digital recorders. If anything, I've learned technique from watching the shows as well as getting a few laughs.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Wait, fake? What is there to fake? They never find anything. It's just a group of people screaming at shadows and yelling at the dufus with the backwards visor.

What's to fake?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I think the bigger surprise here is that there are people that still think ghosts are real.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Who cares if they are fake? Ghosts exists even if they fake it or not.

Besides, do you know about media
.? do you know the reason why she is a former member? What if that she got into an arguement with the crew,she resigned..And she wants to ruin for them and get cash out of it
= Media and showbuizz gives alot of cash for that. Lets just say you got 100 000 Euro for saying that the show is FAKE

Would you do it? Come on guys, you know you are a evil bad ass human. You greed would take over and you would set them up goodtime.

You belive this is a high sum of money
?well you know even less than expected. Wich is good
even more money for them

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by chuck77

Well my main criticism of the show is they stay one night. Now any haunting that I know of, RARELY is something seen every night.

My family keeps my house quite busy yet there can be weeks at a time we dont' hear anything.

Why I think it is totally bogus? Everytime I watch the show it is: set flash light down, pan away, come back, flashlight is on. And a Look! They turned it on.

I have yet to see something actually happen on camera that wasn't infrared.

But Ghost hunters is extremely legit compared to Ghost Lab. LOL

First ten minutes: AH, I am being chased by a demon and ten doors have slammed close.

Though I think some of the tecnniques Ghost Lab has used are pretty cool.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Justaposter

Can anyone tell me why she was fired?

From what I gathered from the interview, it was a salary dispute.

Not sure, though.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Ghost Hunters was always seemed boring to me. I agree with the other posters that say you can't get any real evidence by staying at a location for just ONE night.
TAPS/Ghost Hunters-sold out by scifi
Ghost Lab- pretty entertaining, way too much equipment but it wouldn't be ghost lab without a traveling "lab" lol
Ghost Adventures-Seems pretty legit, I like that they lock themselves away for more then one night (not always true), no more then three people on the team, seems more believable to me because there could be less people trying to pull tricks
Destination Truth-I find this show hilarious. I love the main dude who always can crack a clever punch line. They don't always focus on paranormal stuff either. I think that its cool how they explore different cultures myths&legends. I don't know personally if they faked anything. I like it when they bring on real experts to help them idenfity if anything is strange or a camera trick.

There needs to be a paranormal network where are these shows are pooled. I'm sick of every network having their own form of paranormal investigating. I think the worst was when HGTV had their own reality show about people buying haunted houses or something.

Also isn't it evident that any spirit is going to notice all the damn equipment, and wires, etc you brought into the area?! Spirits aren't dumb, they aren't gonna appear before you on camera. In almost any first hand account from someone who has witnessed a first hand apparition, the individual is going to be a)alone b)caught off guard c)doesn't have any form of technology on them. Almost any legit ghost or spirit photo, the person wasn't trying 9 times out of 10 to capture a spirit, they were focusing on something else entirely.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
So this makes Donna a real good actor? I mean from what I've seen she has had some pretty interesting run-ins herself? So effectively she as much to blame as the others.... if what shes says is true.

She sounds bitter and aggressive in the interview...

Hasnt detered me from watching the show

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
My mother watches this show and for one I could care less if they were canceled. But when can i ever say this. They should never quit their day jobs.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I honestly couldn't care less about taps, or if they fake their evidence, its a tv show.

The girl in the youtube telling stories on a radio show, after a pay dispute, and then when quizzed about what show/aspect was rigged clammed up and started stuttering.

Which leads me to believe she is talking out of her backside.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I always knew this show was fake. I used to lol at the scripted plumbing jobs they were on. "We will have to snake your sink...*phone rings*...oh what? Ghosts in Oklahoma?! Lets go!"

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I could have told ya it was fake as hell before this

They always do it at night.. so they can hide people running around making noises..

Ohhhh! I am feeling a cold pocket of air. heh, ok.
Tuned in 5 mins to the show when it debuted, and haven't watched it since.

Really boring and lame. fake as hell.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
Who cares if they're fake? This is how all but maybe five investigations end.

"Well, we heard a strange noise in one room of your house. But it turns out that some of our members were in another room, making almost that exact noise. So, our investigation was inconclusive."

It's a useless show.

I tend to agree. I can name a handful of episodes out of, what?, 100+ shows?, where they actually capture a visual image of something. Most of the time it's just an EVP of something they have to qualify with "We can't really understand what it's saying."

If they were going to fake something, I'd think they would find less boring "evidence."

I always wondered what happened to Donna. If you look at the last couple of episodes where she appeared, you could tell she definitely did not get along with Shannon Sylvia. Surprise, surprise, neither of them showed up for the following season.

I'll also mention that Shannon Sylvia was one of the "clients" on an early episode of Paranormal State.

So, is that evidence of fakery? I just offer it as "things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmm....."

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

The show is boring.

I don't think it matters if the show is real or fake anymore. It's pretty clear the best we'll ever get is night vision, someone using an electromagnetic field detector, some sounds, and an occasional (and rare) visual anomaly lasting long enough for no one to have a clue what it means.

The Ghosthunters talk about matrixing (where your brain takes something random and tries to make sense out of it), and yet they rely on EVP's. (Electronic Voice Phenomenon) I tried really hard to accept it but I just can't. Maybe they hear it, but I sure don't until they announce on the show what it says. Using that kind of reasoning I could say my fridge sings the alphabet song every time I kick it. It's very subjective, even if more than one member hears the same thing, they're looking and expecting to hear something and certain sound patterns will probably sound similar so they independently reach the same conclusion.

I will only be impressed with Ghosthunters when the meet the devil himself on camera and one of them bursts in to flames.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Zane Zackerly

I always wondered what happened to Donna

There is a thread somewhere on ATS with what happened to Donna....It is an audio, or video, can't remember.
Maybe you can find it through search or on youtube.

It was a mess. She was furious with them. Much of it had to do with money. Jason and Grant are becoming quite wealthy, and the rest of them barely had enough money to live on, according to her.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join