It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wiki Leaks: Video Of Government Shooting Journalists

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I thought wiki-leaks were shut down, this is very fascinating and I like many others will not be surprised if they proved this to be correct. Sad thing is that people will remain ignorant (if proven true) and I hope MSM will not ignore this!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
hm
I posted this to my facebook page, but upon reading the thread I took it off again. I don't want to look stupid in case this isn't true.

The 'progress' password sets off a major bs detector.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I hope all those Bush haters are saving up plenty of vitriol for the current Clown In Chief.

Nice find, OP. Keep doing what you do.
Bravery and service don't always require a uniform.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

You need to understand that Wikileaks.org has time and time again demonstated itself to be a credible and reliable source of classified, secret, confidential, and time-sensitive documents and reports. They are not the same as the member authored threads and posts that make claims or predictions and state they have some sort of proof. Wikileaks is a trusted source by millions. This is one of the most interesting things that has happened in a long time. Wikileaks has no reason to perpetrate a hoax on the very people they need to act on what they uncover on a daily basis. It would be couterproductive to their stated cause. Wikileaks has proven through continuous actions and undeniable dedication that their interest lies in getting secret information in the hands of the people being left in the dark.
I have the utmost respect for Wikileaks and, in my opinion, if they say they have proof of something and they are going to make it public, they will absolutely do so.
Wikileaks is a trusted, proven, and reliable source with a very impressive track record.
THIS NEEDS TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Why is there no indication of any of this on wikileaks.com?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Would not be surprising when considering what goes on in a warzone. You can bet that even when this alledged "revolting" video is released, some will still try to minimize it by saying just that. And of course, depending on how political it will get!

You got to wonder why they feel so confident taunting big governement like that!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
If you have stolen United States Government (from what it sounds like top secret) videos and reports you would think anyone in their right mind wouldn't boast about it publicly. At least not until it's released.

A theory if you will....

If the story is true, WikiLeaks may have started feeling the heat after obtaining the video and informationl. I personally would be scared S*#$less if I was in their shoes knowing repercussions would be eminent by the United States Government. They probably felt the information needed to be made public and knew they were knee deep in you-know-what. Therefore, creating a release date in April to be carried out by confidants in wake of their absence.

If it's true it doesn't surprise me on bit.

Great post!
I find it interesting that none of the links work.
I'll be curiously waiting to hear more on this subject

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The boys at Wiki are good in my book - We will be keeping our eyes open - suggest you guys keep your heads down.

S + F

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The simple password could also very well be the result of a simple mind. Our nation's upper level civil servants aren't always known for their big-brains. 2nd top dog in the country can't even remember the mic is on and drops f-bomb in front of every media agency.
I could list Bush-ism's all day long. You think he had a special 128-bit encryption method that he used religiously? "hmmm what's a good long word for secret-sounding-stuff? .....aha by George Junior I think I've got it...s-t-r-a-t-e-g-e-r-y". That probably ain't too far from the truth.
If this "film" was developed in a top-secret lab and handled by true pros to begin with, it probably wouldn't now be in the hands of wikileaks. I'm betting butterfingers by the butterbrain in charge.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Well, if it came out NOW, it would be swallowed up by healthcare hand wrinking and brick throwing.

April 5.... is a MONDAY and the start of a new news cycle.

Good timing, IMO, as long as an earthquake or something doesn't happen.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

What makes you say that? Do you have any evidence, proof, or even a shred of a reason to believe that "if it were developed by true pros, it wouldn't be in the hands of wikileaks?"

Maybe you're watching too much 24 ^_^; cause you're giving way too much credit to power centers.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Wait a minute...are they saying they have a video which shows US troops killing journalists on purpose? Like knowingly and intentionally engaging in murder, then covered up by high levels of government?

If they are releasing this at the press club I am wondering how they will get it there. I know they are great programmers and the like but if the government wants to stop them they could. Why release a video that far a way, something supposedly this important. They should be standing outside the press club right now if they have something that damning.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

A) They are trying to stop it

B) they are not all powerful, and if the wikileaks guys were to suddenly disappear or die, that would only add credibility to everything they have been doing in the last few years.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
I'm sorry, ladies and gentleman, but if I were an expert in the intelligence community a password like "progress" is exactly the sort of thing I'd put on a file that I wanted somebody to leak.

(...snip...)

This video is only meant to look like a secret. Something is up. I'm sure of it.

Yes, but then again, I'm surprised they encrypted the video at all. Consider the fact that the CIA's Predator Drone's video feeds aren't encrypted and can be intercepted using commercial off the shelf software.

So, let's not mistake Hollywood's version of the intelligence community with the reality of government bureaucratic incompetence.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
S+F of course! Thanks for the post! Anything to out these criminal bastards! I can only hope these guys are ok after getting this out in the public eye like this they are the one who deserve to be nightly news but since all the major news agencies are bought ande paid for shill propaganda it's up to us to keep this info spreading and these guys safe! Down with the NWO!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
i could see the government stepping in like that to try to cover their ******

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

I belive the OP stated that "progress" was the password for the encryption, not the password for accessing the documents themselves.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
As you may or may not know, the current head of the CIA is also the chair of the New York Stock Exchange – with previous heads including George HW Bush.

Head of the CIA = Leon Panetta
Chair of the New York Stock Exchange = Marsh Carter

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Very interesting and if true, very scary.

I must say though that without any hard evidence, other than a wikileaks article (admittedly usually very reliable) I remain skeptical. Also, it seems simply suicidally stupid to announce to the world that you have hacked secret GOV video footage of the GOV committing crimes against humanity and then not release it for weeks.

If you knew without a doubt and had evidence of the fact that the US GOV was capable of murder in order to keep their secrets secret, would you shout about it to the world prior to the actual release of said evidence?

There is lots of talk in the OP about photographic and videographic evidence, yet neither is actually supplied for us to verify.

I remain open minded on this one and await April 5th.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Well, it's been about 13 hours now, and this thread has about 250 flags. According to my calculations, that's a flag every 3.12 minutes. I really must not be understanding the full implications of this and why it's so important, so I'll just wait until April 5th to see the fallout of what is coming, if anything happens whatsoever.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join