It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wiki Leaks: Video Of Government Shooting Journalists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
The Pentagon has covered up murders...is this...shocking to some? Will it eventually be covered on the mainstream press, or will there be a black out, leaving 90% of the sheeple population in the dark?

Most importantly, if this video is so important, why are they waiting until April 5th to release it? Why not release it now or tomorrow? Is there some legal reason, or do they need that much time to prepare for whatever reason?

Agreed. Like many others on this post, something smells.....rotten. It comes off as an Alex Jones production. Dangle the carrot in front of them then bury it with ridiculous excuses and hearsay. I support Wikileaks, I like their initiative and purpose but spill the beans already. This waiting game only weakens their image.

Also did they actually crack military grade encryption or get a password? There's a big difference here because I highly doubt they intercepted the former.

brill

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
145 flags and over 100 stars in around 5 hours? Maybe I'm not understanding the magnitude of this. The Pentagon has covered up murders...is this...shocking to some? Will it eventually be covered on the mainstream press, or will there be a black out, leaving 90% of the sheeple population in the dark?

Most importantly, if this video is so important, why are they waiting until April 5th to release it? Why not release it now or tomorrow? Is there some legal reason, or do they need that much time to prepare for whatever reason?

[edit on 3/24/2010 by SonicInfinity]

You know, this is one of the most apathetic responses, not blaming you for noting this. I am going to link this thread on that one that made me see read about the US and Canada merging. One of the main differences between the US and Canada, and hopefully other countries as well, is that in the US, this story and video being released, could mean nothing happens, but in Canada, the RCMP would move in to arrest them, if this was given to them under the mandate of their responsibilities. And that action would make front page news.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
You know, this is one of the most apathetic responses

You're right, I am apathetic -- highly apathetic. Like I said in a previous post, I've seen countless things like this never come to pass. It would be awesome if they did release some huge Watergate-level video, and I would be watching it every step of the way. However, until something actually happens, I'm not going to give any caring about it.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hi- I am not familiar with Wikileaks or whatever- so, this may be a dumb question- But if 'they' are being followed and interrogated then how are 'they', and who is disclosing this information?

I would think that if 'they' really had concrete evidence of this then they'd either give it out - or they are being waterboarded in some back room or something. How on earth would they be 'free' to write about this? Am I missing something?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nowayreally

wikileaks have been known to leak some of the most important information in the last so many years. their normally spot on with their findings but because their just dcument or their way of getting the documents is unique they often get challenged by the accused as either fraud or similar action look at their wiki page and google some of their findings its at least an interesting read

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by slowie

Thank you very much! I checked out the links on here, but that has been it, I will definitely look into the site and research it!!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by slowie
reply to post by nowayreally

wikileaks have been known to leak some of the most important information in the last so many years. their normally spot on with their findings but because their just dcument or their way of getting the documents is unique they often get challenged by the accused as either fraud or similar action look at their wiki page and google some of their findings its at least an interesting read

Exactly, Wikileaks isnt like 99% of the BS posted on ATS/GLP/INFOWARS they have leaked some pretty major documents, a lot of them relating to tech stuff, but nonetheless this is far from tabloid journalism, and I have no doubt their reasoning is sound for waiting until the 5th (maybe they just want to wait until the press meeting?). But anyone saying they are "run by the govt" or "stringing people along" or "hyping up a hoax" is woefully inadequate in the ability to determine whether a source is legitimate.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This is one sensational event to divert talks of the Health Care Bill aftermath.
Nice move from the psy-ops people, they forgot some people think outside the box however...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
God, where have I been? I cant believe I knew nothing about this site! Thanks OP for posting this- thought Id share this source- although Im sure many have already seen it.

Among the institutions that have arisen as of late that challenge secrecy, and thus the status quo, is Wikileaks, which has provided a tremendous service to humanity by serving as a clearinghouse by which previously-secret information may be disseminated to the public, which may then decide for itself whether the more traditional institutions that operate in its name ought to be permitted to continue to do so. It has produced a great number of important scoops over the past few years, and it appears to be preparing for yet another. It also appears to be under present attack by portions of the U.S. intelligence community at this very moment.

trueslant.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattMulder

This is one sensational event to divert talks of the Health Care Bill aftermath.
Nice move from the psy-ops people, they forgot some people think outside the box however...

Out of the box, or out in left field.

Mainstream America, ie., people who dont spend a lot of time on the internet researching this type of thing, will not know about this for a week or so, well after the bulk of the health care debate has subsided, and wtf, why would any administration release a MURDER video for this purpose? lol.

I read this board a lot and sometimes I get very frustrated by the basic logic skills of a lot of posters (not singling out you), but sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and sometimes we just need to realize the important matters when it hits us in the face, and not twist everything into a conspiracy (as this has a tendency to make us look like nutjobs, and Im pretty sure is what will lead a lot of us into actually becoming the person that they think they know us to be; which does nothing but to undermine our goal)

[edit on 24-3-2010 by whistler16]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
They are waiting until April 5 because that is their appointed time at The National Press Club. A little bit different than releasing it first on an alternative news website

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think this sounds properly exciting.

Here's a March 17th article in The New York Times that seems related to this :

www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 24-3-2010 by manmental]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I can't seem to access any of the wikileaks articles. They all seem to be down, or 404'd.
Did anyone save any of this information?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by recycled

look for a mirror on google

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
And here's something else, which might allude to what the video features.

gawker.com...

Quoted from site:

"Judging from their tweets, Wikileaks believes the surveillance is related to an upcoming presentation where they will show unencrypted footage of a May 7 U.S. airstrike in Afghanistan which killed 97 civilians:

The Pentagon had originally planned to show the video as proof that it had conducted the operation appropriately, despite having used airbursting bombs with civilians in the area. They later back-pedaled, likely because video was actually more incriminating than they first believed. Wikileaks obtained a copy of the encrypted video, and in January they tweeted "Have encrypted videos of US bomb strikes on civilians... we need super computer time." They must have got that super computer time, and now U.S. authorities may be acting positively Chinese."

edited to last post but didn't work... sorry if its a repeat.

still editing to try and include web link... gawker.com/5500703/is-the-us-government-spying-on-a-tiny-secret+sharing-website?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Wow, I'm entertained, impressed and interested to see how this ends up turning out. I'm not an expert on Wikileaks ( I learned about Wikileaks from another post on ATS ) but maybe someone who's seen them from their virtual beginning until now can give a more educated guess based on their past as to whether this is just hype for their video, or a genuine attempt to spread the word as a tactic to reduce the chances of the Wikileaks team 'disappearing.' Either way, it's sensational and I'll be watching to see how this comes to pass. Nice post OP and a S&F for you.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm sorry, ladies and gentleman, but if I were an expert in the intelligence community a password like "progress" is exactly the sort of thing I'd put on a file that I wanted somebody to leak.

Let's ignore the fact that there are only 8 characters in the word. Let's overlook the fact that there are no alternating cased letters, no numbers, and no symbols. It's nothing but the word "progress." You probably wouldn't even need a dictionary cracker to break that password. "Progress" is the sort of password that you see action heroes breaking in the movies on the third try.

That's like having your secret handshake just be a regular handshake, or hiding your spare house key under a plastic rock next to the door.

This video is only meant to look like a secret. Something is up. I'm sure of it.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The waiting game always proves to be less than worthy of the time spent.

How many times have we heard on ATS I have footage, it will be released in such many days...blah blah blah

Unfortunately It looks like to me as a money drive campaign, one goal to make a hype and recieve donations.

How could one miss the direction this is going, with the Fundraising Drive plastered first across the begining of the page.

I heard so many times from so many types, we just don't have the money...

I guess that was my 0.02

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by manmental
Wikileaks believes the surveillance is related to an upcoming presentation where they will show unencrypted footage of a May 7 U.S. airstrike in Afghanistan which killed 97 civilians:

still quite interesting, can't wait to see it.
But it was unexpected. I was halfway expecting
to see something like that Vietnam video where
that US Army Col. shot that VC man in the back
of the head then walked off. talk about shock
and awe !!!!

now if we can just get wikileaks to find that real video
of the pentagon exterior on 9/11.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability
Unfortunately It looks like to me as a money drive campaign, one goal to make a hype and recieve donations.

How could one miss the direction this is going, with the Fundraising Drive plastered first across the begining of the page.

The thought crossed my mind earlier as well...but it could be both.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join