It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

agnore this post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I'm going to attend Oklahoma University in the fall, and I was wondering if any would recommend any sorority for me to attend. I'm knew only the whole sorority all I know is that their are very secertive. I was wondering which would be the best group for me to rush for. Thank you so much. you can email me at [email protected]

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by alias101]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
My advice is don't! I can not comprehend why anyone would want to be a member of a group that will ridicule, humiliate and torture you in order to gain their friendship. But that's just me.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
torture???? I haven't heard anything about torturing people. The most I've heard is about hazing, and at OU. Most sororities look down upon those things.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Just offering an opinion! Perhaps the sorority/frat/whatever is different from every other high school/college 'exclusive' group that I have ever heard tell of.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
sorry about my wording, i didn't mean to come off rude or mean

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by alias101
sorry about my wording, i didn't mean to come off rude or mean

By no means! I was simply expecting to be flamed by any members that have/had joined such organizations and was sure to clarify that it was all just my opinion. This sort of thing, that what I say is MY OPINION, should not need explaining, but there are some retaliatory thick-heads around all forums.

My problem with the whole frat/sorority thing is that when I was back in college, the different houses use to humiliated and degrade the pledges in public and they thought that it was cool. That somehow they were elevating themselves by putting someone else down. I have to question how bad that a pledge feels the need to be apart of a group and have those type of people as friends when in order to do so seems paramount to disgarding all self respect. As for the 'torture' comment, even though I could argue that humiliation is a form of torture, I was refering to people being harmed or even killed as you hear in the news from time to time. I was even talking to someone in work about it the other day and one of the individuals that he pledged with years ago died from alcohol poisioning during a hazing prank.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Every fraternity/sorority will differ from campus to campus. A fraternity that has a chapter of preps/jocks/rich kids at ABC U might also have a chapter of alternative/middle class kids at XYZ U. You'll have to check out each sorority to get a feel for which is best for you. If you are actually concerned about what the sorority is about on an (inter)national level, most have official websites where you can learn many of their traditions and principles. My wife is a Phi Mu from Western Kentucky. I believe they also have a chapter at Oklahoma University.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Thank you so much, I'll look into it.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by alias101
I'm going to attend Oklahoma University in the fall, and I was wondering if any would recommend any sorority for me to attend. I'm knew only the whole sorority all I know is that their are very secertive. I was wondering which would be the best group for me to rush for. Thank you so much. you can email me at [email protected]

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by alias101]

You should try www.greekchat.com it is a much better lace to find out about sororities than here. you can also go to www.npcwomen.com and there are links to the 26 npc national sororities. you will sign up for rush at your school, meet members of all the groups on your campus (that are in the npc) and then they will either invite you to join or not. There may be other sororities at your school too, ask your student life office for a list of them all.

top topics

join