It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

How Dare You Mr. President and Congress...

page: 11
84
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
How dare you pass a law which many Americans are against completely and wholeheartedly, Mr. President and Congress, you collusive, scheming, and corrupt people.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]


Besides all the "dribble" you posted in your "rant" let me ask you a simple question.

"Are you in any dept? Credit Card, Debit, etc"

If not, then I can begin to try and understand you.

If you are go screw yourself, because all you are is a complainer that has contributed to our countries problems.

Btw, there was no scheming. This was plainly a subject Obama ran on, and he delivered! Do some homework, every President since Teddy Roservelt tried to accomplish this Democrat and Republician. EVERYONE!!!

Does it need shoring up? Yes, undoubtably. But dude, your state and mines rights have been stripped right under our eyes by the last administration.

Deal

and

Dueces




posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

What was wrong with the healthcare field 40 years ago? Huh?

People keep trying to argue that the system is broken so we have to change it.

OKAY! Change it back to what it was before the DAMN government destroyed it!


Uh oh, the old "America I Grew Up In" codespeak again. Looking back at how things were can be so nostalgic but serves no purpose. Yesterday is history and tomorrow is a mystery.

If you harken back so for the old days, might I suggest that Civil War re-enactors seem quite fulfilled. Heck I liked Star Wars, but that doesn't mean I dress up like Darth Vader on the weekends.

Unless you are stuck in a timewarp and haven't realized things have changed. Our new America is a rich tapestry of diverse cultures and offers the promise for an abundant future.

Kindly, get on board with the new America or get off at the next stop.


[edit on 24-3-2010 by kinda kurious]



posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ikema
 


Do you think the MAJORITY should be allowed to subjugate the MINORITY?

If you do, you are a tyrant, just like any other TYRANT.

We live in a Constitutional Republic, where the government is NOT allowed to control us.

That is why we are in the mess we are in! It has nothing to do with the SUPPOSED free market.

We have not had a free market since 1913.

Why doesn't the FEDERAL RESERVE use the 100-200 TRILLION it stole from the American people to fund FREE HEALTH CARE?

And I would really appreciate it, if you took that gun away from my head that YOU are using to STEAL from me, FOR YOUR BENEFIT.

All income taxes on wages goes to the FEDERAL RESERVE. They DO NOT go to anything BUT THE FEDERAL RESERVE.

Why do we pay the FEDERAL RESERVE to print money?

Answer that and you will understand WHERE I AM COMING FROM!



posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas
 

Sadly, tragically seemingly irrevocably Congress has conspired for well over a hundred years now to use it’s broad and almost unlimited powers to regulate interstate commerce in the Constitution as a way to sidestep and render the Constitution mute.

What department of Government is the U.S. Census conducted by? The Department of Commerce!

Insurance companies that practice interstate fall under Congress’s sweeping powers as do Hospital Chains and HMOs that do the same, as well as Pharmaceutical Companies.

It is why in part because we as people and all the important and fundamental aspects of services and goods that make life possible for us are part of Interstate Commerce that Nancy Pelosi arrogantly scoffed at the idea that Congress’s actions in relation to the Healthcare Bill are unconstitutional.

The fact of the matter is because of this the Bill is not illegal but it is unlawful as it is a deliberate attempt and part of a century’s worth of deliberate attempts to ignore the Constitution by literally making every last person, business, service and thing a part of interstate commerce.

Congress nor the President care about the will of the people, just expanding their powers and taxing us into oblivion in the process.

One thing is for certain we can not count on any Congress or Administration to amend the constitution to close this loophole or anything else that would limit their increasing power of life and death and taxation without representation over us.

America faces some hard decisions in the days, weeks, months and years ahead, decisions a bitterly divided and often undereducated and poorly schooled in the depths of the issues populace is bound to be at lager heads at.

Is this the death of the Republic, some would contend it died a long time ago!



posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
If you really have a legitimate complaint for the President you can send it to the White house using this address.

www.whitehouse.gov...

It really works too. Got me health care and free preventative testing. Now maybe if you stay at our local Ramada Inn I will not sneeze in your drink and cause you to bring an infectious disease home to your family.

Being in the hotel restaurant industry all my life I have not always had access to AFFORDABLE health care, with AFFORDABLE being key.
Right now the cheapest policy I can get is $200 a month which covers a few tests. Anything above and beyond $10G in catastrophic coverage. I pay up until that amount for any hospital visit.

I am still fortunately pretty health so naturally I told them to stuff it but then that left...What to do?

Now it has been taken care of for me.
This health care program just saved me $2400!

Thanks Mr President, if you happen to be reading long here on abovetopsecret where cabaret voltaire (who is rolling in his grave I am sure) is calling out plaintively for you...Thanks for putting affordable medical care where I can finally reach it.



posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

Thats fine...Celebrate for now. This will get repealed or get smacked down in front of the supreme court for being unconstitutional. How are you going to cope then?

And if so many Americans were in favor of it why is there going to be such a shift in power this November? If it was such a good thing and the majority of Americans were behind it then the Dems would pick up seats wouldn't they?

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]


Wow - you really seem to be some sort of prophet! Did the voices in your head tell you that "there is going to be such a shift of power this November" or just Glen Beck?

Time will tell where this will lead. To even remotely think that it will be repealed is lunacy and political suicide for any Republican that signs on. How do you think it will go over with the low-wage earner who's kid HAD coverage under Obama and WON'T under a Republican-proposed repeal?

It will be the third-rail...



posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe
 


Subjugate?

By this do you mean force them to go have regular (mental) health tests?
Yes. I definitely think we should.

In all our best interest in the long run.



posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe
 


What I'm saying is where were you while Bush was "killing" people???? To me your all talk just like the rest of these jokers that jump on the band wagon when it comes to hating the newest President.



posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by endisnighe
 


Subjugate?

By this do you mean force them to go have regular (mental) health tests?
Yes. I definitely think we should.

In all our best interest in the long run.
I think Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin and the good Chairman Mao tse Tung would agree with your idea.

I am not looking forward to the next 12 months.



posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlguy

Originally posted by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

Thats fine...Celebrate for now. This will get repealed or get smacked down in front of the supreme court for being unconstitutional. How are you going to cope then?

And if so many Americans were in favor of it why is there going to be such a shift in power this November? If it was such a good thing and the majority of Americans were behind it then the Dems would pick up seats wouldn't they?

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]


Wow - you really seem to be some sort of prophet! Did the voices in your head tell you that "there is going to be such a shift of power this November" or just Glen Beck?

Time will tell where this will lead. To even remotely think that it will be repealed is lunacy and political suicide for any Republican that signs on. How do you think it will go over with the low-wage earner who's kid HAD coverage under Obama and WON'T under a Republican-proposed repeal?

It will be the third-rail...


Who's Glenn Beck?

It wont be political suicide and will only make their political career stronger. If any republican wants to solidify their career all they need to do is be the head of the push for repeal and get it. This this is not toxic to the republicans if they continue to oppose it because a majority of americans oppose it; or at least they will when more details come out aboout how they are going to try to control you. www.breitbart.tv...

And they aren't going to get any coverage until 2014 or so, there plenty of time to get to work after November.

There has been commonly held loose sentiment for quite some time now that the conservatives were going to sweep the elections this November and this healthcare bill solidified that sentiment. Incumbents that were for this are done done done.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]



posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas
 


Also I haven't been signed up for any sort of verichip and I don't get vaccines. I favor this bill because it will help the class of people in this country that couldn't necessarily afford it. Could you outline in a few short sentences what exactly is your problem with this bill. Then I'll understand you much better.



posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by endisnighe
 


Subjugate?

By this do you mean force them to go have regular (mental) health tests?
Yes. I definitely think we should.

In all our best interest in the long run.


Thats awesome! Maybe we can get everyone to believe 2 + 2 = 5. With enough brainwashing.....

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]



posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Every one knows that Americans don't like to be told what to do.
However, this great President that you now have is trying so hard to save your sorry ass's! Why are you so ungrateful?
You never know, soon you may be able to buy one, get on free????
In England we pay for our healthcare through our taxes. From cradle to the grave we know that our loved one's will be safe in the knowlrdge that when things go wrong we can go to Nation Health Service Doctor or Hospital and get treatment. Fair enough, since thatcher broke them all up and turned them into trusts, there are regional variations and in some cases standards, but overall, the best is done that can be possibly done for you if you should get ill. (sick)
I have had major surgery and believe me i could not have paid to go private. I would not be here and that is a fact!
Good luck everyone, i hope you realise one day what a wonderful achievement this is and the right way forward.



posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by happinness
 
We Americans know that our government doesn't work.

Deal with proving to the Social Security Administration that Grandpa is still alive and still deserves to get his Social Security checks or that Grandma really is 66 years old because they won't accept her birth certificate.
I have dealt with both.

Come live with it.

Then tell me how much more government 'help' I need.



posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by happinness
Every one knows that Americans don't like to be told what to do.
However, this great President that you now have is trying so hard to save your sorry ass's! Why are you so ungrateful?
You never know, soon you may be able to buy one, get on free????
In England we pay for our healthcare through our taxes. From cradle to the grave we know that our loved one's will be safe in the knowlrdge that when things go wrong we can go to Nation Health Service Doctor or Hospital and get treatment. Fair enough, since thatcher broke them all up and turned them into trusts, there are regional variations and in some cases standards, but overall, the best is done that can be possibly done for you if you should get ill. (sick)
I have had major surgery and believe me i could not have paid to go private. I would not be here and that is a fact!
Good luck everyone, i hope you realise one day what a wonderful achievement this is and the right way forward.


At first I thought you were making an attempt at humor then I realized you were actually serious. You do know that when they control you from cradle to grave they can control who gets a cradle and who gets a grave...The problem with Londinistan is that you people have been giving up your rights under the guise of safety and security for decades. You're the last people we should listen to. Why don't you just give us tips on oral health next?



posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

It wont be political suicide and will only make their political career stronger. If any republican wants to solidify their career all they need to do is be the head of the push for repeal and get it. This this is not toxic to the republicans if they continue to oppose it because a majority of americans oppose it; or at least they will when more details come out aboout how they are going to try to control you.


Let's deal with facts, instead of your prophecies, shall we?

1. Since the majority of Americans are now in-favor of the bill, repealing it will be tough.
2. The bill now covers a LOT of people who were not well-known for voting: the poor. If they are covered, and then you take it away - the Republicans can do no better thing to mobilize them to the voting booth. Even to THREATEN a repeal will give the Dems nitroglycerin to toss into the pre-election campaign-fire about how the Repubs are for the rich.
3. "American" is spelled with a capital "A", not a lowercase.
4. Keep believing that it's good for the party - that's the best thing that you can do for the Dems



posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Thirty_Foot_Smurf
 





And they aren't going to get any coverage until 2014 or so, there plenty of time to get to work after November.

Actually many of the benefits start in 30 days and it will take according to Mike Pence this morning 12-15 months to fight this in the courts. Too bad for you. Most of the Americans you talk to are against this bill but we cannot all be found at gun shows and nascar.

Maybe you should really inquire around a little more and you will see most people are for it.

The rest don't know what to think since the Repubtilians campaign of misinformation was so good. Hey they have the big corporations backing them and so they have the money to wage an effective war.

Good game. See you in 2012 where you can try to fool the no longer "drugged up" people again.

Unfortunately for you but luckily for everyone in favor of this bill (and actually fortunately for you also since "like it or not" you will benefit...

RIGHT IS MIGHT in itself.



posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlguy

Originally posted by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

It wont be political suicide and will only make their political career stronger. If any republican wants to solidify their career all they need to do is be the head of the push for repeal and get it. This this is not toxic to the republicans if they continue to oppose it because a majority of americans oppose it; or at least they will when more details come out aboout how they are going to try to control you.


Let's deal with facts, instead of your prophecies, shall we?

1. Since the majority of Americans are now in-favor of the bill, repealing it will be tough.
2. The bill now covers a LOT of people who were not well-known for voting: the poor. If they are covered, and then you take it away - the Republicans can do no better thing to mobilize them to the voting booth. Even to THREATEN a repeal will give the Dems nitroglycerin to toss into the pre-election campaign-fire about how the Repubs are for the rich.
3. "American" is spelled with a capital "A", not a lowercase.
4. Keep believing that it's good for the party - that's the best thing that you can do for the Dems


Ha! We'll see what happens. And they not only have threatened to get it repealed measures are being take tight now to do just that. A majority of americans I say americans are upset about this and its got real legs. Will it go anywhere? Time will tell but I hope so.



posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
 


American Indians don’t have to buy insurance. Those with religious objections or a financial hardship can also avoid the requirement. And if you would pay more than 8 percent of your income for the cheapest available plan, you will not be penalized for failing to buy coverage.



I wonder how many new RELIGIONS will begin to sprout up as a result of the "religious objections" clause?
I predict some of these new religions will even be created by athiests.



posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by happinness
 
We Americans know that our government doesn't work.

Deal with proving to the Social Security Administration that Grandpa is still alive and still deserves to get his Social Security checks or that Grandma really is 66 years old because they won't accept her birth certificate.
I have dealt with both.

Come live with it.

Then tell me how much more government 'help' I need.




It is of course unfortunate and something to be eliminated but what you are ultimately saying is.... you think attempting to prevent fraud is a bad idea?

And surely you will be cashing their social security checks as well as your own one day unless Repubtilians are successful at privatizing that also?

Then you will be left in a heap by the side of the road unless you are wealthy enough to afford extended care. You watch.

You will not mind spending the money when it comes through for you will you? Especially retroactive they way these payments are often made. That is not so bad is it?



new topics

top topics



 
84
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

log in

join