It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Dare You Mr. President and Congress...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+67 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
How dare you pass a law which many Americans are against completely and wholeheartedly, Mr. President and Congress, you collusive, scheming, and corrupt people.

You are violating our 10th Amendment rights, as a nation, in whole.

Quote from : Wikipedia : 10th Amendment to the United States Constitution

The Tenth Amendment (Amendment X) of the United States Constitution, which is part of the Bill of Rights, was ratified on December 15, 1791.

The Tenth Amendment restates the Constitution's principle of federalism by providing that powers not granted to the national government nor prohibited to the states by the constitution of the United States are reserved to the states or the people.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

This is not some Republican nor Democrat fight, it is an American fight, where we are already beaten down and not able to afford our mortgages, our car payments, our basic familial needs.

This is not some rich verses poor fight, although it sure feels like it, because we as citizens are being bypassed by you, Washington D.C., because you listen to special interest groups, or lobbyist groups, the Healthcare Industry in this instance, instead of the people.

You cannot mandate something like this bill into law, if we as citizens can barely afford to feed ourselves, because you basically robbed all of our tax money through the Bailout, and gave that money to the banks, instead of back to us citizens who paid it in.

If you go to the thread below, aptly asking what we will give up, to afford healthcare, you will see my answer, not one damn thing, not one thing will I give up.

Now you are FORCED to buy health insurance, what will you eliminate to afford it?

...and...

And if you go there you will see I'm backing any American standing their ground.

An American calling his Government out!

...and...

If you go here you will see how many people across America and other countries are dumbfounded.

Only In America Would People Complain About Paying For Healthcare

They are dumbfounded, Mr. President and Congress, because not only have you not listened to us, but you have literally slit our throats, the ones who cannot find a job, because our economy is in the dumpster, where this bill should be, where you should have thrown it.

I see that many states are lining up to sue over this highly controversial bill, and I say good, it is about time those in power, stood their ground, and stopped toadying to you.

We the people are sick and tired, not health-wise, but policy-wise.

We the people are sick and tired, not health-wise, but the status quo in not listening to us.

We the people are sick and tired, not health-wise, but cost-wise, you cost us too much.

We the people are sick and tired, not health-wise, but because your decisions are not wise.

We the people are sick and tired, not health-wise, but because you do not listen.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Preamble to the United States Constitution

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Notice that there, in the Preamble, Mr. President and Congress?

We the people...

We did not ask for this nonsense you in Washington D.C. pushed through towards a bill, passed into law today, nor will we stand for it, we will back those states suing to get this repealed.

When the politicians went to the local town halls, they could not even speak to the bill, because they did not write it, those of the special interest groups did, that was evident.

We as citizens are tired, done, and literally out on the streets, and we will not take this nonsense lightly.

And I am supporting a legal and non-violent means towards throwing a monkey-wrench into the works, in order to stop any and all means that screws us Americans.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Calm down, man!

...we will back those states suing to get this repealed.

You are referring, here, only to the 'mandatory' requirement to purchase, ocrrect?

(Which doesn't kick in until 2014, BTW)

Ya gots lots of time, methinks....relax!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Is this not what democracy is all about? Get an issue, argue about it and make the necessary concessions etc., then vote on it.

Oh, I know the losers often cry "foul", but then if the result had gone the other way...

Sorry to simplify it, but there you are. If you do not like it then the next time you vote you make your vote count and maybe the issue which has got you so vexed will be changed.

Regards

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
How? Here's how!

and to add...

* We the People of the United States - are pissed
* a more perfect Union - Ha, yeah right
* establish Justice - more like injustice
* domestic Tranquility - plenty are pissed
* provide for the common defence - hard to do when one continues to bow
* promote the general Welfare - or rather, welfare state
* the Blessings of Liberty - What Liberty when you have a gun to your head to purchase health insurance
* establish this Constitution for the United States of America - nothing about healthcare in the Constitution.

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Really?

I've got time, huh?

I see it the other way in that there is no time like the present.

Mandatory purchasing is tantamount to stealing my wallet and buying something.

Without my consent.

Then putting my wallet back with nothing left in it.

Oh yes, almost like right now, since I'm living out of my car.

Originally posted by paraphi
Is this not what democracy is all about? Get an issue, argue about it and make the necessary concessions etc., then vote on it.

Oh, I know the losers often cry "foul", but then if the result had gone the other way...

Sorry to simplify it, but there you are. If you do not like it then the next time you vote you make your vote count and maybe the issue which has got you so vexed will be changed.

Regards

And this has what to do with the context of this thread?

I did not vote this man into office and I would be saying the same thing if McCain had got in.

And voting is not the end of our responsibility, it is but the beginning of it.

I am a registered Independent, neither Republican nor Democrat.

And I am not claiming my side lost, but all sides, America as a whole lost.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Duuuuude. Chillax.

Regarding "Mandatory Insurance"

Currently, in the USA:

If you drive a car, you need insurance.

If you own a house, you need insurance.

If you have a wife, children or dependents, you should have life insurance. Simply prudent.

I view this as much the same way.

Did I really say Chillax?

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

How apropos.

reply to post by kinda kurious

I am barely making my car insurance, I can barely purchase food, and barely making payments for storage so what few belongings I own are not tossed into the street.

I do not own house, I am living out of my car, evicted due to lack of funds.

No wife, no children, and I do not get sick but once every five years.

Oh yes, and the Shuttle program being shut down this year will sink my county.

Literally.

You were saying?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

You are correct we do have to have insurance on them. But you have 2 problems with that. Firstly I pay 111.00 a month for 3 cars, I pay 40 dollars a month for my house. And I pay 700 dollars a month for health this is what needs to be fixed. Plus around 200 dollars in prescriptions and co-pays. That is the system that needs to be fixed.

Also my tax dollars to not help pay for your car or home insurance.....

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I have a gut feeling the "mandatory" requirement will be altered, well before 2014.

Just a guess here, based on nothing other than the Automobile and Housing Insurance industry as example....(just to name two)...

A whole can o'worms is likely going to be opened, when the States exert their 10th Amendment rights on this issue...becuase, the foot is in the door, and "you betcha!" the insurance companies are going to stay onboard with this 'mandatory' thing. But, it could very well turn into a State-mandated thing, rather than a Federally-mandated thing --- do you see?

Just as auto insurance rates vary widely due to demographics, it could happen here too. Unless (or if you don't) want the Feds to impose limits on rates that can be charged, you will have to hope for the various State Legislatures to keep the lids on the rates...

But, in any case, that's just one idea that comes to mind, since the Insurance companies are a for-profit concern. One would hope that a type of 'free-market' influence will prevail, and people will have choices, to shop, thus triggering potential bargains and competitive pricing? (Just brainstorming...)

Now, the obvious (but not perfectly apt) comparison here is Auto Insurance, and the fact that it is mandated, mostly. Yes, it's State-mandated, and varies by jurisdiction. And, yes, it is because it assumes that driving your vehicle is a privelege, and not a right.

But, the actuarial tables they use to calculate the Auto rates are maddening! And, just look at the competition, lately.

See where I'm going with this?

Finally, the majority of Americans will have health care through their employers, I would think. We ALL already pay, in Social Security and Medicare taxes from wages. AND, nowadays most employers have the 'cafeteria-style' health benefits --- PPOs, HMOs, etc.

Things are goinog to change, and there will be alterations and amendments to the Bill.

I just can't help thinking about, historically, all the hue and cry about the implementation of Social Security, in the 1930s...or Medicare in 1965.

Sounds like much of the same rhetoric, spewing and misinforming mostly (mostly, I say) from those on the 'right' side of politics...

+25 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'm a bit offended by those of you who are telling him to relax.

Are you really not worried about what has transpired here? Do you really understand what kind of ridiculous precedent this sets for Congress if they are allowed to act this way?

Against your interests as a nation?

Against your interests as per your Constitution?

Against your interests Globally and Domestically?

You are all crazy out your minds if you think this is just one of the same bills that they've been passing for years.

This is WORSE than the Patriot Act.

If they are allowed to continue not listening to Americans who pay their salaries, are allowed to steal from you and give it to corporations who don't give a damn about you then you are not a patriot and do not deserve to live under the Flag you hold so dear.

Wake up America, get on the bandwagon.

Enough is enough don't you think?

I'm not even American and I am thoroughly disgusted by this sort of legislation.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

'tenth', I think that there has been a lot of drum-beating from the republicans (why, I have yet to understand....Obama envy?) that whips this topic, and they do a lot of mis-informing.

Oh, I can now guess why....next November!

They needed a strawman to worm their way back into the 'majority'.....

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Duuuuude. Chillax.

Regarding "Mandatory Insurance"

Currently, in the USA:

If you drive a car, you need insurance.

If you own a house, you need insurance.

If you have a wife, children or dependents, you should have life insurance. Simply prudent.

I view this as much the same way.

Did I really say Chillax?

But people can choose not to buy a house or drive a car or have life insurance. That is the difference
Its all a choice
Nobody is going to force me to do any of the above, even though I have excercised my freedom of choice, by doing all of the above

[edit on March 23rd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I by no means am attempting to regurgitate what the GOP has been saying, however I must say they are the ones with a head of their shoulder when it comes to this.

They were opposed, most of you should be.

I read the bill, not all of it, got about half way through and was too disgusted to read any further.

It truly is disgusting. I mean truly.

I read the Patriot Act when it was made available and I tell you that I feel 10x worse after reading the HCR legislation than the PA...

I wish I was kidding.

Yes, Republicans will probably get the majority again come November if all of this stays the same or Democrats continually do things for themselves and not America.

The Democracts will only have themselves to blame.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I also "tried" to read of much of the bill as I could. and there are just too many things that are very scary in them including this line.

‘It shall not be in order in the Senate or the House of Representatives to consider any bill, resolution, amendment or conference report that would repeal or otherwise change this subsection’.

So they made it so it cannot be changed. Sorry still learning how to quote text.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
It's beyond me why people don't see these cries for "repeal the reform bill" as what they are...a Republican vote hunt for November, nothing more, nothing less. And you have to love the puppets who line up to parrot their misinformation.

"Oh noes, America's gonna die!!11!!"
"Death panels...Stalin...STAAAAAAAAALIN!!!"
"We're Russia now!" (lol)
"Constitution...coooooooonstitution....freeeeeedooooom!!!"

Cry me a river...the bill's better than the status quo, it'll help a lot of people.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

XYZ how do you think this will help people by adding a new bill they will have to pay?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
I do not own house, I am living out of my car, evicted due to lack of funds.

You were saying?

Well then you must be getting a strong wifi signal to your car since you are coming in loud and clear. (Perhaps you are texting by phone?)

I used to complain about my tax money going to schools since I have no kids, but realize it is for the greater good.

I am sorry to hear things aren't going your way, you are a most articulate contributor here. With your breadth of knowledge on diverse subject matter, is there nothing you can do?

I have had to turn to family and friends a time or two.

Regards...kk

[edit on 23-3-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Threads are ideas, set out there to address an issue. Now, this issue has become far reaching in it's all encompassing tyranny.

Let us look to the past on how the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT has overreached its declared power.

Courts no longer following Common(Constitutional) Law
Federal Mandates to States
Federal Reserve Act
16th Amendment
IRS institution
Executive Agencies that write law
Social Security System
Medicare System
Health Care Insurance Mandate

Now I could go on. Here is the deal, if any state declares sovereignty, I will be on that border. I will be the bastion of that declaration. There are MILLIONS of us that feel this way. Think about it, does the MAJORITY have the right to subjugate the MINORITY?

NO!

Our system is broken, completely broken. We as a free and sovereign country have decided that it is our right, NO destiny to subjugate anyone or any country that does not feel that Democracy-The Democracy Conspiracy is the law of the land.

Who are we to mandate ANYTHING? If you are not spiritual, throw aside my next statement, WHO ARE YOU TO CAST THE FIRST STONE?

Who are you to force someone else to YOUR will? Who are you to decide my CHILDREN'S future or their SUBJUGATION?

This country is BROKE, by the very government that enslaves you in their promise of security.

Did you just hear that previous sentence? You think that life is eternal? You think that if you just give just a little more of your freedoms or your labor that you will live forever?!

Life was meant to be lived, not to be enslaved. Life was meant to be enjoyed, not to be metered, measured, rationed, adjusted, modified, etc etc etc.

I am me, I was born to be FREE. I was not born to be part of no DAMN collective ideal set forth by a bunch of instituted market minions. Only worried about the betterment of the group.

Sorry, I am not part of your DAMN vision, I am part of my own vision, a vision of truth, of life, of liberty, of FREEDOM.

I will not be dragged down to your damn level. I will not be suppressed by your damn chains. I will not be manipulated into believing that my only addition to the collective is my share of the DEBT to my slave masters!

I am but a dream of freedom, I am but a vision of liberty, I am ME!

[edit on 3/23/2010 by endisnighe]

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I believe that it was Nancy Pelosi that was yelling

"We Won The War"

As most Americans are/were against this, I suppose the war was with us; the American People.

Interesting huh?

Semper

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Your point is well made. However, I DON'T think (as Weedwhacker suggested) that the "mandatory" aspect will survive in it's current form.

I live in Florida and despite my intent to purchase Homeowners Insurance from a National carrier, I was forced to be covered by Statewide "pool." A carrier of last resort. I see this heading the same way.

Look, I am not immune from hardship and financial woes, but I've never looked a gift horse in the mouth either. I wouldn't tell a EMT not to treat me if I was in a car accident or ask a Fireman not to extinguish my flaming house.

I am counting on more affordable premiums to my current exorbitent costs for reasons I stated above. In the long run, this will be a good thing, IMO. I seek remedy in this.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by kinda kurious]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join