It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An American calling his Government out!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+104 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Yeah I have served....

As my grandfather and father, my uncles, myself and my brothers. Now my son and his cousins are serving. We are patriots. We love this country and for all that the founding fathers stood for.

We have Served.

You raised our taxes. FINE we said.... You supported our domestic companies moving overseas in search of higher corporate profits. FINE we said.... You wanted wars for resources FINE we said.... You said there was a bogyman out there that we needed to blow the crap out of FINE we said.... There were companies that needed to be bailed out or it would ruin the US economy. FINE we said....

It's bad enough that we take heat and CRAP for supporting you. It's bad enough we take BS on a daily bases from everybody becuase of your actions. But we will be DAMNED if we are going to sit here and take it anymore.

You are going to force some sort of half-assed Health Care reform that we have to pay for whether we like it or not whether we are sick or in need or not. Whether we can afford it or not...

NOT FINE ANYMORE!

US Joe Sixpack Taxpayer
screwed again by being overburdened with Government Debt!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67b7e4753706.jpg[/atsimg]

The US worker is probably the hardest worker barely elbowing out the Japanese and you Demand more? We paid off WWII We paid off Korea and Vietnam. Now This crap. Good going. Who's worse for American productivity? Beijing or DC?

WTF?

In a Nutshell.

You'll take our cash. Use the interest from it to pay on the debt and in the end we get crap for our hard earned cash.

NOT FINE ANYMORE!

You'll make some payments on the debt with the interest but nowhere near enough to pay the debt down.

But...

It'll look like you made some progress with reducing it.

NOT FINE ANYMORE!

[edit on 23-3-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I feel like this is a real life version of Death Note, except this time the Death Note is for America! Its as if Yagami is Nancy Pelosi and Sen. Boehner is L the detective. The senate acts more like a shinigami if you really think about it or does that BLOW YOUR MIND!

Just think about the numbers it is pushed through on 03.22 and Misa was already cut in half twice. so by the end of the series shes probably around 23 and is it no coincidence today is 03.23!1!1

[edit on 22-3-2010 by tigpoppa]

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Slayer i agree with everything you said...

But in my 'ignorance' - i fail to see why you don't want health care for those who cannot afford it?

You'd think in a time like this, those without money (lost jobs, homes etc) would be relying on their fellow man to assist them...?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
slay I feel you in a big way. I am serving right now in fact I got to go back to gitmo soon for a second time and here I am defending what way of life? It is not the American way. not anymore, at least not the one i signed up to protect. Im just sick about this bill and what it means for my fellow Americans.

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I think you could go much further with this. It was never fine, some of us just have different lines in the sand. But now we are watching them cross a big line by selling us to corporate America through force of law.

The government is trying to protect it's solvency by selling it's people and this cannot and will not stand.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I would like to address your question if I may be so bold.

at least for me it is not just about health care it is more about the Government saying YOU HAVE TO HAVE IT! and if you don't we will send the IRS after you. health care should be able to be had by all but not by fed mandate. There was and is a better way. that is just my thought on it.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by ashnomadonte]

[edit on 22-3-2010 by ashnomadonte]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I agree but we never said fine, we said no and they did it anyway and we said Sh**! But did nothing. I really hope this is the straw that breaks the camels back and Americans finally find thier cajones!

Congress has no authority to do any of it they are acting completely outside thier scope of authority and none of the non-sense is valid!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
But am i right in saying BEFORE this was passed - there were poor people dying and being refused treatment BECAUSE they couldn't afford the ludicrous prices for health care.

At least now you can guarantee if you ever became ill, you'd be looked after right????

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Mr Lizard that's a fair question.

With all the discussions of late about the US I'm utterly shocked that you seem as do many here simply do not understand the American. We are not a people [Every Race imaginable] that likes to be told what to do or screwed with

Call it ego or just the way it is.
The Government is treading on thin ice.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by SLAYER69]

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
US health care (still is) in need of massive over haul - no secret.

This HCR is being hailed as the biggest reform since the civil rights movement.

100 years in the making...

If it had just been done right social services would have taken a giant leap into the 21st century.

If it had just been done right our representatives would have earned a little bit of our trust back.

If only, they did this in the interest of the people.

If only.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
I agree but we never said fine, we said no and they did it anyway and we said Sh**! But did nothing. I really hope this is the straw that breaks the camels back and Americans finally find thier cajones!

Congress has no authority to do any of it they are acting completely outside thier scope of authority and none of the non-sense is valid!

you bring a valid point Hawk.

With that said, what are we to do? I know if states start to leave the union over this I will follow them. Now what will happen when the fed try's to enforce there will opon the states that say no way. That is where things will start imo

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I look at this vote and I can honestly say that I respect the decision.

IMO, Congress did their job of passing legislation.

However, that doesn't mean I have to like it.

IMO, they gave in to the same insurance company and big pharma whom they said they were against.

IMO, they never addressed the real issue of why premiums are so high or why healthcare costs are soaring.

IMO, something is better than nothing just doesn't apply here. For I would have been more than happy if they would have just covered all 47 million Americans starting today.

After all, wasn't the whole reason behind this issue was to cover the 47 million Americans without insurance.

Instead we have created more bureaucracy.

Yes, I want healthcare for my fellow Americans, but this came nowhere close. No guarantees except for the taxes and possibly fines we have to pay. On top of that most of those 47 million Americans without health insurance will have to wait years to get that insurance.

It was never about the uninsured.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I admit my ignorance, i'm here to learn and voice my views.

I was talking to my friend (an American guy, out of work - he has a wife, 2kids) and he thinks its a good thing - as now he will be able to at least take comfort in the fact that his kids will at least be given a fair chance?

I may be wrong, but that's his opinion.

Educate me then

--

I'll check back on this thread later - as it's nearly 5am and i'm now tired.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by mr-lizard]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
But am i right in saying BEFORE this was passed - there were poor people dying and being refused treatment BECAUSE they couldn't afford the ludicrous prices for health care.

At least now you can guarantee if you ever became ill, you'd be looked after right????

I could. however to begin with I am military I don't require any health care I allready have it. no one in the us gets turned away! I know I had an er bill from before i was i the army to prove it lol.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

But in my 'ignorance' - i fail to see why you don't want health care for those who cannot afford it?

The difference Mr Lizard, that in Australia, we went through something like this health care controversy about "Medicare" a few years ago.
There was massive public opposition to it at first. But the government were honestly trying to introduce a better and fairer health care system for the Australian people.
As soon as an extra new health care tax was suggested, people just freaked out.
The government did introduce "Medicare", and it is now recognized that it not only works, but is a winner.

But the situation in America is VASTLY different to Australia.

The US government are now desperately trying to raise taxes and revenue to obscene levels, and they have absolutely no intentions of funding health care with the windfall income this travesty creates.

It is all about funding the health insurers, which then invest the money collected (plundered !) in Wall Street.
US investors are totally tapped out, broke. So the public need to be bled by force to keep the Wall Street scams going just a bit longer.

It is a last ditch effort to plunder the American people, and prop up the markets, before TSHTF and the financial system collapses totally.

The new health care bill COULD be a wonderful thing for the American people, if only the US government were honest and sincere.

But quite obviously the elite are just criminals hell bent on plundering as much as they can, as quickly as they can, before hiding in their luxury underground bunkers, safe from the hell that is coming..

*edited for spelin.

[edit on 23/3/2010 by Silver Shadow]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I believe this will lead to government mandated doctor visits. Especially if the purchases in your local businesses, which are tracked, are deemed detrimental to your health. If your gasoline purchases, which are tracked, are deemed to be too high you may be required to visit a government approved gym. You need your exercise and you are obviously just driving everywhere.

If your online activity, which is tracked, show signs of and are indicative of mental digression which will be determined by government approved psychologists, you will have to see a psychiatrist and be medicated accordingly. All of these things and more are a part of the change that we were all waiting for eagerly.

They will not stop with the health care bill. It will get much worse. You see, they are taking care of their investment now and we have to be able to perform to their standards. You don't like the health care bill? That is a sign of mental digression and we will take care of that for you. Go see Dr. Ribinowitz immediately, he has some happy pills for you.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I Agree with some of what you have to say. My fear is now they feel empowered do do what ever they want. Pass what ever they want. at least till November and alot of damage can be done in 8 months. what els are we going to stand back and let them do to us.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
For whatever it's worth, there are too many people who feel they do not need healthcare. They do! There are many young and supposedly healthy people who end up hospitalized for one reason or another. It could be a diagnosis of cancer which even children get, diabetes, an accident etc. No one is immune or invincible.

My husband and I who have worked our butts off our entire lives are falling through the cracks. I have been unemployed for a year and a half and he is now disabled but not yet covered by medicare. Instead we have limited benefits and much will come out of pocket for expenses.

I don't yet know how this new healthcare plan of Obama's will affect us all, but you have to start somewhere. We can always fight for a better plan.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I still don't know how to feel about this deal. I guess when the monthly government health bills start coming in and they are too high for me I will be angry. They better not garnish my savings.

I think this recent move is going to split the U.S. into two different countries. The Democratic States and the Republican States of America. Wasn't a split or civil war prophecied by some time travelor a few years back?

If the economy doesn't start up soon I'm affraid the individual States are going to do something rather rash. I don't mean the men in office in the states, I mean the public will be hell bent on changing this government and the soldiers will be on the public's side.

People, the problem is we need to be put back to work so we can pay taxes so the government can pay for this plan and the national debt.

Return Protectionism!

[edit on 23-3-2010 by lostinspace]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ashnomadonte

what els are we going to stand back and let them do to us.

Well I for one am not buying anything. I don't care where it leads, I am not buying anything that the government says I have to. That's how I'm going to deal with it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join