It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our president

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Our president is a pile of crap. It pushed for this legislation and now people are going to have to pay money we don't have. Now they are asking if 30 million illegal aliens will cost more? I"m dead serious they asked the question at 5:30 Mountain time. Is that were our education system has lead us? People representing us have to ask if 30 million more people will be an added burden?

Oh and I"m so glad that obama (snip)decided that the IRS should handle bill collection for people whom decide they do not want or can"t afford health care.

Freedom What freaking freedom?

(mod note: (2) Alterations of a politicians name, or any other high-profile political figure, for disparaging political effect is not allowed,)

[edit on 23-3-2010 by asala]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Maybe you could spend less on your Military and invading other countries. Every other developed nation in the world can afford socialized medicine for its people, so I don't see how America should have a problem.

You need to get your leaders to stop spending money on brutal government bailouts and unnecessary wars, so that you can have the quality health care you deserve.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
my father wrote our representatives four times about this bill, two to DC, two to the office, i personally e-mailed them also

they must not have had time to read any of those letters

how many times did you, or anyone reading this write YOUR representative?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
You both are right we shouldn't be in those wars. Our bail outs that most citizens spoke out against were not our fault. Unless we went down and slaughtered them jerk the bail outs were going out.

I have written my representatives no less than 5 or 6 times, and I called their offices in my state and in Washington D.C. Of course serfs are not allowed to speak to the lord of their lands, unless invited to do so.

I want the freedom I fought for!!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by krunchy

I love really love it when people from other countries who really have no say in our curent affairs have to chime in. I don't know what country you are from but I'm quite sure your house is not made of glass either.

B the F out.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by ratcals]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

I'm fine with them having an opinion. However just because they have a system that may or may not work for them does not mean it will work for us. Our reps are crap absolute crap.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by krunchy
Maybe you could spend less on your Military and invading other countries. Every other developed nation in the world can afford socialized medicine for its people, so I don't see how America should have a problem.

You need to get your leaders to stop spending money on brutal government bailouts and unnecessary wars, so that you can have the quality health care you deserve.

You may want to rethink that. the U.K is close to being broke as is Greece. Canada is in Trouble and so is some of Europe....

I think we should pull out of all other countires and when the Chinese or the Germans come again. We wont come back to help.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
my father wrote our representatives four times about this bill, two to DC, two to the office, i personally e-mailed them also

I love these arguments.

Just because you and your dad wrote to your rep to ask them to oppose it...doesn't mean a whole lot of other people didn't write to ask them to support it.

Did you screen all his incoming calls and mail to find out the numbers?

Do you have ANY proof at all that the majority of your district was against this?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

Originally posted by krunchy

You may want to rethink that. the U.K is close to being broke as is Greece. Canada is in Trouble and so is some of Europe....

I think we should pull out of all other countires and when the Chinese or the Germans come again. We wont come back to help.

Yes we will and you know it. Not because of 'freedom' but because of MONEY which is more important than freedom. Money is power. Freedom destroys power. Our government wants power over freedom so, if there was another great war we would be right there to grab some more power.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by oppaperclip

I can agree with that. They can have their opinion once they answer my questions. My question to them is are you from England? If so your NHS isn't worth squat. I lived there for twelve years and have seen first hand how broke that system is. Besides, if it works so great why are there eighteen plus month waiting lists for many treatments? If it's so great why are there SO MANY FRIGGIN commercials trying to sell personal health care? Nobody should need it. The guberment is taking care of you. As long as you can wait possible eighteen months.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

I don't disagree with that. Those of us here that are awake know the trouble unleashed today. I didn't live in England but I was stationed in Germany and did some traveling and heard stories from some poor brits.

If any country is to corrupt and ignorant to handle big institutions its Americas current gub ment. I hope they answer you, but should they I think they sugar coat the bad parts or may even be gub ment shills.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

I called mine.
Apparently a lot of other people did too, he is a Democrat and he voted against the bill!

I have to admit that I was surprised.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I also lived in Germany- for eight years. Their system is plagued with problems too. Most of them became more prevalent once the wall came down. Now suddenly an already overburdened health system has to cater to people from East Germany with very little/low income.

Guberments can't be relied on to provide this type of service. Just look at what ours has done with Social Security. I've been paying into it for 30 years and will probably not get a single dime of it back. I've seen the predictions of when it's going to run out. About two years after I become eligible it will be bankrupt.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

the prez is just the puppet
like others before him

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

Absolutely! Government should be small, tiny even. They are there for our common protection, meaning raising armies and navies, also to make sure our rights are not violated.

This mommy state crap is for the birds. Ever seen couples retreat? Puppy cuddle death syndrome.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I really want to disagree with you but I can't. I mean he and hillary met with the builderberg group right before hillary dropped out of the race. Upper management issues?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Yes, the government has grown way too big. Truer words were never spoken. The problem is it will never get smaller without being completely torn down first. YES, it has to be torn down first. Nobody in power today is going to give it up without a fight. Until that happens and we start all over it is only going to get worse.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by indigothefish

I love these arguments.

Just because you and your dad wrote to your rep to ask them to oppose it...doesn't mean a whole lot of other people didn't write to ask them to support it.

Did you screen all his incoming calls and mail to find out the numbers?

Do you have ANY proof at all that the majority of your district was against this?

? well it wasnt' an argument, i have no idea how many people wrote their congressemen, that's why i am asking

i wrote them all, my father did, just wondering if anyone else here did also

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

Wow American exceptionalism is fun isn't it? My wife is American, I went to college there, I grew up in Toronto right across Lake Ontario from New York State. However also being a journalist specializing in international politics, I'll make this one really simple for you so that you understand your place in the world a little better:

When you, the United States, have been around as long as France, England, or for that matter China, then you can tell us that you have no need of our opinions anymore.

When your idiotic economic decisions do not drag the entire world into a recession, then we'll stop paying attention to you.

When we no longer buy your personal debt that allows you to live in your McMansions, drive SUVs and sit in front of 72" teles, we'll stop telling you to grow up.

When you stop dragging us into wars we will stop complaining about them.

When creationism is no longer the majority's belief, we'll stop telling you how backwards your education system is.

When you get rid of freedom of speech, we will stop speaking.

Bottom line: America matters and while the average American is misinformed ignorant and uncaring of other nations, (the UK by the way is not broke, we have have lower unemployment than the US, less poverty, a higher standard of living, less debt and longer life expectancy) we are not.

You might not be able to name our presidents/prime ministers or understand how our governments work, but we have to know yours because what America does directly impacts our lives. We do not get to vote for your political officials, but in some ways they matter to us more than our own do.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy
reply to post by ratcals

Wow American exceptionalism is fun isn't it? My wife is American, I went to college there, I grew up in Toronto right across Lake Ontario from New York State. However also being a journalist specializing in international politics, I'll make this one really simple for you so that you understand your place in the world a little better:

Wow!?! You are way out of line. Why turn this into a personal attack? I didn’t. All I suggested was if your own house isn’t in order then you have no right to dish out advice. Typical playground bully.

reply to post by ratcals

When you, the United States, have been around as long as France, England, or for that matter China, then you can tell us that you have no need of our opinions anymore.

What! Just because the United States is the youngest of the developed worlds they have no say? I have just one thing to ask you- sprechen sie deutch? No, you probably don’t and the reason you don’t is because this young country of mine came and helped make sure Germany didn’t invade you. You’re welcome by the way.

reply to post by ratcals

Bottom line: America matters and while the average American is misinformed ignorant and uncaring of other nations, (the UK by the way is not broke, we have have lower unemployment than the US, less poverty, a higher standard of living, less debt and longer life expectancy) we are not.

I am not ‘the average American’ you speak of so your personal attack aimed towards me is out of line you pompous @ss. I spent from 1987-2007 living and working in Europe. I have visited and worked in more countries than most Americans can name. I am very well informed in European affairs.

And I dispute your ‘higher standard of living’ and ‘less debt’ claim. Crap in the UK is so expensive and wages are so low I don’t understand how anyone can afford to survive. Less debt? Really? You have more commercials for consolidation loans than you do pubs and churches combined.

All these decisions you speak of were made by the government. Not the people. This health care fiasco is a typical example of how the government no longer listens to the people. So when you decide to insult a nation as a whole. Think about it first you 'journalistic' piece of $h!t.

new topics

top topics

join