It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wild Weather - What's your area like? A survey

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Weather here in Iowa is pretty much same as always. Tornado's, floods, lighting, more tornado's, more rain (deeper flooding), and what the hey, let's throw in another tornado for the bell of it.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Indiana:

The winters have been unpredictible. One winter you are sure you are moving into an ice age. Next winter you feel that you are deep in global warming. No rhyme or reason. The summers have been relatively mild. We haven't had a serious run of 90 degree temps in a while and it has been a few years since we have done better than the low 90's. A few years back we only hit 90 a hand full of times. There has been an abundance of preciptation over the past several years. Actually it has been getting a bit out of hand. We had for the month of May approximately 8.5 inches of rain. It was either last year or the year before the state was faced with the possibility of missing planting crops because of excessive rain for a long period of time. It wasnt until approximately mid june before the crops were planted. The term "water restriction" is not known here. lol

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Well, I'm getting the impression that this unusual weather is only affecting certain regions. So basically the midwest to the east is turning into wetlands. The UK has no seasons. It seems the southwest and west are more usual? But I do remember seeing in the news earlier this year that it SNOWED in Las Vegas. Can anyone tell me how rare that is, or if it's rare at all??

Also, I'd like to get hopefully some input from other areas of Europe, and the rest of the globe, because we have only touched on a small part of the earth so far.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Not totally weather related but earth/nature related:

We had an EARTHQUAKE in Illinois this morning (about 1:11 am). I think it is pretty well known that this is not all that common here. 4.5 - not bad for the midwest! And I slept right through it - missed all the action.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Houston,Texas:

hot.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by badkitty
Not totally weather related but earth/nature related:

We had an EARTHQUAKE in Illinois this morning (about 1:11 am). I think it is pretty well known that this is not all that common here. 4.5 - not bad for the midwest! And I slept right through it - missed all the action.

Oh man, I felt it here in Iowa. It was so weird. I'm sitting at my computer and all the sudden my desk starts shaking! I was like, "what the heck?!" I immediately thought it must be a quake, but didn't know why I was feeling one in Iowa. Then I thought it could have been some impact from a meteor somewhere in the region as well. But, it was definitely the quake in Illinois.

Back to weather though, these past couple weeks, here in Iowa, we've had record lows for this time of year. I could see my breath outside in late June!! Usually we're in the 80's by now. Also strangely dry and windy, when it's usually humid and not so windy.

Okay, I really hope I get some responses from people in regions we haven't heard from yet.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
still no rain to speak of, dryest wet season in a while, currently 6 inches under the normal rainfall amount.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Around here for the last 3 weeks we've had at least 15� below normal temps. and almost no rain since May

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join