It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wild Weather - What's your area like? A survey

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Florida is supposed be back in a normal thunderstorm pattern with storms forecasted throughout the week. Last night we had one with an incredible amount of lightning. Today's forecast calls for the strong possiblity of more stormy weather. Wait and see.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
An hour north of Detroit, rain. May went by and I think there was 3 or 4 days it didn't rain. More rain then adverage, but considering that few a few years it's been less rain it's ok with me. I know Lake Huron is substantialy higher (a foot or two) this year over the past few years, but it is still lower then what it should be at.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
No surprises here. Today's high is supposed to reach 107. No humidity. We haven't had any measureable rain in over 3 months. Actually, our "killer heat" was a little late in arrivig this year. Here's to ur three months of upcming hell (the price we pay for the beautiful weather the rest of the year).
joey

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I live on Long Island, NY and I must say weather since this winter has been as unusual as I can remember it.

We've been getting (this past winter) snow storms every other day... and then... 60-65 degrees?! Weird.

Now we've been getting really hot spells (90's for a week or two) and then back to the 60's. This past week we've had a thunderstorm or two every single day. As I type this there is one rolling in right now.

Derek

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Nye County Nevada.....

Last week the temps were in the mild 80's.... actually low for this time of year.
Today it will probably reach 104 degrees. We've had wind-gusts up to 40 mph which isn't unusual for spring. It seems the dust-devils are getting bigger.
I too am dreading the July and August temps averaging around 110-120 degrees. The monsoons will be here soon and we'll have to worry about the flash floods. It doesn't even have to be raining near you to get a flash flood either. I guess the surrounding mountains just decide to unload it!

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Just north of Syracuse NY and we had some great weather two weekends ago. Saturday night we were having a bonfire out back and two storm cells converged just east of us. A downdraft came through the woods out back (really cool to hear and watch) and then we watched a funnel cloud drop down just east of our house. It didn't make landfall, it was sheared by the converging NW winds.

Sunday night I saw a chain of lightning I had never seen. A tree was struck in the field across from us and the lightning was not a solid bolt - it was a series of balls traveling from cloud to ground. The explosion of air was immediate and shook our house and sent the dogs running.

I love it, but then I'm a weather freak and used to chase hurricanes when I lived in Florida.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrisjohns
My opinion of the UK's weather, based on comparisons between now and when I was a child in the 1970s is that we don't really have seasons any more.

I'd go along with this - my view form southern england, is that over the last few days it has been a bit less settled than it had been [leading upto those last few days], (making it more like late spring than early summer), but it looks to be settling back down again - so I'd say nothing appears especially out of the ordinary...

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   

NBC5i.com
DALLAS -- Thunderstorms packing winds more than 80 mph and tennis ball-size hail pounded north and central Texas Tuesday night, damaging buildings, halting flights at two airports and leaving more than a half-million residents without electrical power.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

These planes were pushed around like toys.

It looks like we might be in for some more fireworks tonight. Yipeee!

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by dbates]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Last night we had one with an incredible amount of lightning. Today's forecast calls for the strong possiblity of more stormy weather.

Hey, jrod,
Isn't Florida the lightning capital of the United States? I thought I read that somewhere?
I did find a source that says Florida has more lightning casualities than any other state:
science.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I live in BC, Canada. Weather's not been too odd. It's been raining alot more than it normally does. The temperature changes are also odd. One day it'll be 12-15 degrees (celcius of course) and the next day it'll be 20-27 degrees. So thats a bit weird.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Boston, MA - Today was weird, it started out nice 70-80 degrees, then all of sudden lightning and thunder with hard rain and strong winds. 30 minutes later the clouds leave and the sun is up.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Today was weird, it started out nice 70-80 degrees, then all of sudden lightning and thunder with hard rain and strong winds. 30 minutes later the clouds leave and the sun is up.

Thats fairly normal around here.

I live in Oklahoma, the wheather is crazy. There's 2-3 thunderstorms in my area right now.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by RogueX]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Every day its hot and sunny.............every damn day.

Every day I wake up and look out the vindow,

"Vat" I say? "Oh sh&t! another nice day..............."

You think we could have some rain once in a while? NO!.......

Maybe some grey.......... like up north, please?

375 day a year.....all nice!

You kidding!

Same old thing.

It get's boring after awhile...............one nice day..........day after day.........

It's damn hard work to do you know............ its real taxing on the system...

.............but then, I guess...........what ya going to do?

SOMEONE"S GOT TO DO IT! Right?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
NYC 65-70F during the night 70-75F daytime....strange it was 85-95F Last summer thats like...a 20 drop holy crap were all gunna die!!!!...lets burn books to stay alive just like in the Day after 2morro

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Seeing some strange stuff here in the So Cal desert.

Wind through the pass (coming from the West) has gotten progressively stronger and more regular. It used to be a fairly sporadic thing, now it's pretty much daily. We skipped right through spring and started seeing 90s-100s early. I've been meaning to check an almanac and find out exactly what the change is.
Also I saw something a few months ago that I've never seen before. All of our wind comes from the West and the North. In one case though, clouds that had come over the mountains and through the pass either descended into the valley floor EXTREMELY fast, or else were pushed back against the mountain by an Eastern wind (which doesn't normally exist around here). I'd never see clouds at the base of the mountain inside the valley before.
In the hills outside the desert where I work, we had a little over a week of cold nights which stopped very suddenly.

Since the wind here in California is basically a funtion of the pacific ocean against atmospheric temperature, most of this could be explained by a greater difference between the air and water temperature I think.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well, PA weather is pretty normal for this time of year. It's storming or raining at least once a week. There was a triple rainbow yesterday, I guess that's a little odd for this area, but other than that nothing really too abnormal.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Chicago this year is reminding me of washington state, Rain in the morning sun in the afternoon and rain again in the eve.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Southcentral Alaska-

Just this morning, I observed something very unusual- termination dust was all over the surrounding mountaintops. Termination dust, or snow, is the first sign of winter, and typically when we see it in Oct. or so we know summer is over. Well, it is the first time I have ever observed it this early in the year-
We have drastic changes in weather, ice is receding in numerous glaciers, and last winter the auroras were unlike any I have ever seen. One night past Feburary the whole sky was different colors...360 degrees in all directions. It was incredibly beautiful - and strange.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
the poles are shifting maybe thats why the magnetic fields are so high and there are so many colors....it happens every 10000 years but not how it happens in this movie......it just shifts...manhattan submerges and freezes over.......and becomes siberian climate none of that instant freeze inside that movie...and the united states would become a different continent.....the artic with landmasses......and antartica would become land because in many books ive read they said antartica is covered with snow and ice and beneath it is a giant landmass they are antartica

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone
Chicago this year is reminding me of washington state, Rain in the morning sun in the afternoon and rain again in the eve.

Hey sane - I'm here too. I've begun the ark - bring the family! Actually - it is chilly here today - 60's right? It is June isn't it? An dark sky rain most of the day then clear as a bell and cool in the early evening. This seems very weird to me. Especially since we rarely actually have a spring here at all let alone one lasting into June.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join