It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Fighter Jets Pound Gaza Strip

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Do you actually know how little damage these rocket attacks do?

I agree, it's unfortunate that this small rocket managed to kill somebody, even though the chances of it actually hitting anyone but empty fields may only be 1 in 1000. If they keep sending these rockets over, they'll eventually kill somebody else. Are Israel supposed to wait until Hamas kills 10 people in Israel, and bomb 10 rocketeers in Gaza. That's political suicide and no govt. would do that. There's never really been peace, only a ceasefire, with Hamas breaking this ceasefire.

I am not talking away the terrorist attacks of Hamas, but in comparison to the mass killings committed by Israel, these rocket attacks are so insignificant that they can never be used as excuse to justify this disproportional Israeli retaliations.

Tell that to the guy who's lying dead that these rocket attacks are insignificant. Israel's responses are often brutal, but I can show little sympathy towards aggressors.

And you're duped by iranian propaganda - Israel didn't pound gaza, they flew over it. As soon as PressTV barks, you take the bait.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by john124]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by belial259

only if they enter Israel. Problem is, Hamas hides out in civilian locations. They surround themselves with civilians, creating a situation where Israel has two choices. Do nothing and let them think they can push Israel around or attack the targets, knowing there will be plenty of collateral damage, which is what hamas wants. If they hide behind civilians, they make Israel look bad when they retaliate.

So, while it's horrible that Israel is killing civilians, it should be noted that hamas is aiding and abetting this heinous crime.

The region is a mess. Both sides are wrong more often than not and, unfortunately, peace will forever be elusive so long as the folks making the decisions are looking to books based on myths, legends and some of the best stories ever fabricated.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Also, with the IRA, the latest shootings on the Irish Police and the bombs that have been left in public places where done by the Real-IRA, an off-shoot of the IRA who are not happy with the current state of political affairs in regards to Northen Ireland dispite the cease fire.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by warisover
When is China or Iran or someone with morals going to wipe Israel off the map? soon isn't soon enough imo

that's rich

There are no countries with any semblance of morals on this planet.

Oh and to answer your question- as soon as they want to sign their death warrant.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

and looks like peoples panic was driving force to first news by PressTV!

As usual Iranian state media lies thru' its teeth hoping that Israel will bomb Gaza.

If Israel do later drop 1 bomb on Gaza, PressTV will find a way to exagerrate that to Israel massacres many Gazans.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I sometime's think, and yes, sarcasm is intended here, that if they sent a rocket with a nuclear warhead on it, (and I know thats not possible) into Israel, someone would get on here, and say just cause they killed 250,000 Israeli's doesn't mean they can go out and bomb Gaza indiscriminantly, they should first try diplomatic measures...... Geez!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by SaneThinking

I suspect there are very few Muslim posters on ATS, most are probably turned off by the amount of muslim bashing threads.

Yes there are lots of Muslim bashing threads on here because it's the Muslims going around blowing themselves and other innocent people up.

When did you last here of Communists or Christians / Catholics blowing up a market place killing innocent kids?

It simply doesn't happen because only the Muslims are stupid enough to believe if they kill people, they get to heaven and are rewarded.

Plonkers!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Just imagine the news reports, if such a thing did take place, it would be insane....

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
If they hide behind civilians, they make Israel look bad when they retaliate.

So, while it's horrible that Israel is killing civilians, it should be noted that hamas is aiding and abetting this heinous crime.

I can understand that. It's a shame really. Ideally you'd think the Palestinians would be more co-operative. If they handed over extremists like this to the Israeli's there would be no need for military retaliation on their part.

I guess expecting relations between both parties to ever be that civilised is a little too much to ask for though.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Are you quoting me partly on purpose or are you really too lazy to read and copy my whole reply? I'll shortly summarize my post: retaliations like Operation Cast Lead and the attack against Lebanon, which killed thousands of civilians cannot be justified by the relatively insignificant rocket attacks. Never I claimed that these attacks are not horrific nor that Israel has no right to retaliate. The disproportionation of many of these retaliations is the problem I have.

Anyhow, the Thai worker apparently ignored the rocket alert. source

[edit on 18-3-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
I suspect there are very few Muslim posters on ATS, most are probably turned off by the amount of muslim bashing threads.

Yes there are lots of Muslim bashing threads on here because it's the Muslims going around blowing themselves and other innocent people up.

When did you last here of Communists or Christians / Catholics blowing up a market place killing innocent kids?

It simply doesn't happen because only the Muslims are stupid enough to believe if they kill people, they get to heaven and are rewarded.

Plonkers!!!

ah please enough with this crap

Muslims believe they will get 71 vergins (i would feel sorry for them if it was 71 Nuns who are in their 90s+ (think of the dust)

Christians are attacking Muslim countries (most christians see this as a crusade) when it comes down to it Christians are responsible for more deaths due to their actions.

Jews are blowing up Palestinian homes and taking more lande because God Promised them that patch of land couple thousend years ago but didnt leave a Note for the new inhabitants telling them of this agreement.

all your religous people are NUT CASES,

its either Muslims are evil, Jews are evil and so on.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by illusive man]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hamas leaders were democratically elected by the Palestinian people and they do a lot of social welfare work. The terrorist state of Israel likes to portray them as "militants" but they're the only military force defending the women and children in Gaza. The rest of the world is happy to let Israel burn children alive.

It's unfortunate they have to use somewhat indiscriminate tactics like unguided rockets and suicide vests, but they don't have F16s with laser bombs. They're fighting the war Israel started the best way they can. They're not provoking the conflict by invading Israel and bulldozing Jewish settlements. The aggressor in this conflict is obvious.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

Plonkers!!!

ah please enough with this crap

Muslims believe they will get 71 vergins (i would feel sorry for them if it was 71 Nuns who are in their 90s+ (think of the dust)

Christians are attacking Muslim countries (most christians see this as a crusade) when it comes down to it Christians are responsible for more deaths due to their actions.

Jews are blowing up Palestinian homes and taking more lande because God Promised them that patch of land couple thousend years ago but didnt leave a Note for the new inhabitants telling them of this agreement.

all your religous people are NUT CASES,

its either Muslims are evil, Jews are evil and so on.

This is why I am not religious!

After all, there is no actual proof of God or any other Bhudda etc.!

I worked with a guy from Israel and he said he wasn't religious because all wars are based on religion, clever man eh!

Religious nutcases are simply that, nutcases.

Get a life!!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Unlike the Israelis we didnt bomb Civilians in retaliation. we didnt force group punishment on the irish, nor did we stop trade and other essential goods to the irish (essential being the Kegs of bear and alcohol) . so cut the CRAP.

Nope. But see, the reason is:

Geographical Location of Killings (1969 - 2001)
Northern Ireland 3,269
Irish Republic 114
Britain 125
Elsewhere in Europe 18
Total 3,526

www.cain.ulst.ac.uk...
that. In Israel number of killed is much much much much higher.
And if Irish would launch rockets at you - by tens of thousands, i would like to see how you would demand to cut the crap then.
Before rockets there was NO blockade.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It would be nice if we could have just one thread on the current Israel/Palestinian violence that served as an update thread with all the latest wire news and articles. I would say it would be far more informative and interesting than arguing about religion etc..

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
www.cain.ulst.ac.uk...
that. In Israel number of killed is much much much much higher.
And if Irish would launch rockets at you - by tens of thousands, i would like to see how you would demand to cut the crap then.
Before rockets there was NO blockade.

unless you can justify why they would want to shoot rockets at us,
if they did they would most likley use more accurate rockets and not the crude ones by palestinians.

now there is a major diffrence between Britain and Israel and how the conflict was sorted.

either way we didnt kill civilians and grow the hate

we negochiated with the IRA we didnt attack the IRA during the negochiations or send in planes to attack the homes or IRA leaders.

when Israel try to come to peace deals they always leave wiggle room for them to carry on assasinations or to build in palestinian land which defeats the whole point of peace deals.

NI has its own parliment and so forth and Britain accepts the fact of power sharing in the place by shin fain and so on.

something Israel would prob shun if was in the same shoes.

also Israeli deaths how many Years spread is that?

so yeah i demand that you CUT the crap.

Hamas arent saints and also as much of an evil as Israelis by the way.
maybe one day both sides will meet their maker while he laughs in your faces

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
And you're duped by iranian propaganda - Israel didn't pound gaza, they flew over it. As soon as PressTV barks, you take the bait.
[edit on 18-3-2010 by john124]

Oh really?:

Originally posted by Mdv2

Originally posted by warisover
When is China or Iran or someone with morals going to wipe Israel off the map? soon isn't soon enough imo

China and Iran have morals? Give me a break. They are no better than the Israeli government and if you want Israel to be wiped off the map, you are no better than the criminal Israeli government and the Hamas terrorists.

It is really sickening me that people on this forum continue to pretend that Iran is some holy saint.

First page.

Perhaps you should attempt to read instead of making such ignorant accusations. This is the second remark you have made that shows you are way too eager to hit the 'reply' button without taking the time to actually read what people write.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

This is why I am not religious!

After all, there is no actual proof of God or any other Bhudda etc.!

I worked with a guy from Israel and he said he wasn't religious because all wars are based on religion, clever man eh!

Religious nutcases are simply that, nutcases.

Get a life!!

one would have thought with your attacks soly on muslims that they are Nut cases, yet here you say Religous Nutcases are Just nutcases,

so is religous Nutcases only for people of one faith in your book,

i have a life do you?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

As we seen in later reports, and also in PressTV:s first news, is that panic was all over Gaza today and loud booms was heard, so I wont condemn them from their first news, reported by witnesses. In age of fast internet, first news are always different than later reports.

In Cast Lead PressTV made great work - we who followed that operation from its first monent until last pull out 24-7, we widely agreed in the end, and also wonder how neutral and balanced their broadcasts were. In beginning many was very skeptic against them, but in the end - we could trust that source as one of the best.

Also later after the war, there has not come any accusations from their work - death tolls, bombing targets, situation reports - all was true, even there was almost no other channels working on the ground.

So - dont blame the media, if witness are giving false reports.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
Problem is, Hamas hides out in civilian locations. They surround themselves with civilians, creating a situation where Israel has two choices. Do nothing and let them think they can push Israel around or attack the targets, knowing there will be plenty of collateral damage, which is what hamas wants. If they hide behind civilians, they make Israel look bad when they retaliate.

The region is a mess. Both sides are wrong more often than not and, unfortunately, peace will forever be elusive so long as the folks making the decisions are looking to books based on myths, legends and some of the best stories ever fabricated.

Very true.Sad but true.
And while this situation contiues,it helps to perpetuate wider conflict between countries far away from Isreal and Palestine,which affect the whole world.
I wouldn't go as far as to say that religion creates alll wars,but I cannot help wonder if a world without these religious divides would have seen more or less wars.
Guess I will never know.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join