It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Fighter Jets Pound Gaza Strip

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

so true. this is why, I fear, the only resolution, would be to erect a giant dome over the whole region and tell them to work it out or finish it and when they do, we'll remove the dome.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by freetree64

so true. this is why, I fear, the only resolution, would be to erect a giant dome over the whole region and tell them to work it out or finish it and when they do, we'll remove the dome.

doubt it would work, its human nature to kill each other while they are butcering each other under a nice dome, we would most likely find another reason to attack each other over here.

Mankind has been waging war since it could weald weapons over trivual reasons, power, greed, to please their Gods, or for sport.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Cool, the "giant dome theory", I like it, and a good solution, albeit impractical...but a new theory nonetheless, in fact, perhap's this is already in play, we do not know for sure, but we will find out in times to come, as we watch and observe our sometimes irrational human behaviour. S & F's to you, for a post without all the usual politic's.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

with Mexico has the US kept it under strict control. soes the US control its ports, air space, building equipment and other vital goods?

No?

thought so

why would they be attaciing the US, what reasonbs would they have to attack the US? you guys are their number one customers when it comes to drug trafficking anyway

Palestine and israel is diffrent and cannot be compared to that scenario.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Poke a bear with a stick and then complain when the bear swats you.

That seems to be the approach of the Palestinians.

One of their rockets killed a person in Israel. Israel responded.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64
reply to post by Crakeur

Cool, the "giant dome theory", I like it, and a good solution, albeit impractical...but a new theory nonetheless, in fact, perhap's this is already in play, we do not know for sure, but we will find out in times to come, as we watch and observe our sometimes irrational human behaviour. S & F's to you, for a post without all the usual politic's.

It worked in the Simpson's Movie.

Spider pig, spider pig. Does everything that a spider pig does

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

why would someone poke a bear in the first place. did that bear do something to be poked in the first place. did it steal the persons honey? camp food. destroy the persons tent?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Great analogy, and even better, they have crawled into the cave to swat the bear with the stick, and believe that if the bear leaves without harming them, they can move into the cave, and stay there, believing the bear will not return. I guess the question left unanswered, but highly debated, is "whose cave is it anyway".......?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Good news! (Thats rare)

Sonic Blasts Over Gaza After Projectile Kills Thai Worker

(Ma'an) -- No strikes or injuries were reported after Gaza residents reported hearing what sounded like a dozen explosions across the Strip on Thursday, hours after the death of a Thai worker hit by projectile fire.

The Fatah-affiliated Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades claimed to have fired the projectile that killed the foreign worker, in a statement moments after reports from Ashkelon police said a man was injured while working in the greenhouses of the Terra Seva region of the southern Israeli town.

Gaza's director of ambulance and emergency services, Muawiya Hassanein, said no injuries or damages were reported in Gaza, and that officials believed the sounds were the results of sonic booms and not airstrikes.

www.eurasiareview.com...

So - confirmation to first news finally comes, and looks like peoples panic was driving force to first news by PressTV! - Huh, huh...

I also wonder how these strikes really came fast this time - And if news would be true, there should have to be targets picked ready to IAF before Thai mans death annoounced. Everything happen too quick today.

Sure there will come operations against Gaza, but I truly wait much larger scale operation, than just few bombs dropped this time... Tomorrow, or day after. Possible ground movement and use of Merkavas.

One of my post I said about lack of confirms from either Israeli or Palestinian channels, and I am stunned, how much this thread took peoples attention... But - now its updated - false alarm this time

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
I thought ATS was anti semetic and another arm of alquida?

Ok. I hope you're aware of this. But many conspiracy theories either involve Zionist Jews or 9/11 being staged. No offence but this doesn't seem like the type of site for you.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
did you know israel spots launch locations easily...they are the best at tech sats. they miraculously grew after three countries tried to attack in 48....and then 67 73 ....watch this

[edit on 18-3-2010 by GBP/JPY]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romans 10:9
I don't blame Israel for a swift retaliation.
Living in a constant state of rocket bombardment and suicide bombers will tend to keep a country at edge, and ready for swift counter attack.

I don't blame the Palestinians for rocket attacks and suicide bombings. Living under an oppressive regime that at any time might decide to steal you land, bulldoze your home and burn your children alive with white phosphorus bombs tends to make people desperate and violent. The sooner the terrorist state of Israel is wiped off the map the sooner there will be a resolution to this ongoing crisis.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Hmm. Awesome. So maybe they are indeed being responsible and trying to locate real targets and not just indescriminantly bombing Gaza. I wish them luck in tracking down those responsible for firing the rocket - whether they be Palestinian or Mossad.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Perhaps then, the posters should turn their attention here, as this story, has much more intrigue, although not as much local fervor. It involves the suspected killing of a syrian national, by an unknown party, while Israeli jet's supposedly violated Hungarian airspace at the same time. Also, there is an article by Ynet News, that states a black briefcase was removed from the vehicle the syrian was killed in... no tie in, but interesting nonetheles, and it involves Israel.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

if the israelis are able to do that without killing a civilian in the process or destroying someones home to get the person accountible for the killing.

good for them.

Originally posted by belial259

Ok. I hope you're aware of this. But many conspiracy theories either involve Zionist Jews or 9/11 being staged. No offence but this doesn't seem like the type of site for you.

you dont get sarcasem do you?

[edit on 18-3-2010 by illusive man]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

But then again, I suppose its ok for Israel to cut of aid to the Palastinian people?
And who... Well, those who can, think that the only way they can show any kind of retaliation to this suppression is that the militant groups are attacking, what's seen in their eyes, their 'Oppresors.'
The militants may not realise THEY ARE shooting their-selfs in the foot, but out of their belife, and at their Protest they carry out there rocket attacks.
And as I also said in the rest of my post, their actions are the actions of a minority of militants, and are NOT the actions of the Majority.
And now, the death of the farm worker, is a catalyst to the increasing tension in the region. And is deply regretful, yet, the old 'EYE FOR A EYE' ploy card is pulled and the F-15 do their dirty deeds, probably in 'overkill' due to their superior weapons.

And as I also said previously, all this on a day when a EU delegate is in Palastine, who's there to try and help negotiate and free up restrictions on the Palastinian people, so that they can get more precious AID, which is given to them by the EU.
And whys this important?
Its important because a delegation hasn't been aloud into the country for a while due to Israel saying NO.
Yeah, if the militants where smart, theyd stop using their rockets and sit tight whilst they starve to death and negotiations can start and put the Ball in Israels court as the rest of the world watches their reaction.
How-ever, that hasn't happend, and now its back to the usual regional chaos.
I hope negotiations do continue and this dosnt snowball into an avalanche of war, but maybe then again, it might..

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

First false alarm doesnt change situation.

I think sonic booms was delivered there in purpose, and panic from that was mend to achieve too.

I hope we are not in middle of Cast Lead 2 before end of this week... Situation in Middle East wont stand another horror show again. Pressure against Israel have to raise fast - violence will bring just more violence, and Fatah and Hamas are much more closer each others than last time.

Hezbollah is also ready, and Syria is out from all negotiations.

We just have to keep our eye on situation.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

if the israelis are able to do that without killing a civilian in the process or destroying someones home to get the person accountible for the killing.

good for them.

Agreed. Might not be possible, but an honest attempt would be appreciated.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What is the law like over there. Say if the Israeli's did use their intelligence and police to track the terrorists down.

Do they have the legal authority to arrest them and place them on trial?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

Yeah, there are a lot of people here who harbor racial hatred against the Semitic Arab people and who believe crazy al-Qaeda conspiracy theories. Some of them honestly believe a bunch of "rag heads" in Afghanistan defeated the greatest military and intelligence network in the world by scribbling plans on the dirt floor of a cave.
It's silly, I know...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join