It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this "thing" inside Komarov crater?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Ok Folks . Let's Stop discussing members and get back On Topic, Please.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Oh wow! maybe i should have posted this in the aliens & ufo forum to get more replies?
Hate to bump my own thread but it would really be interesting to hear what you people think it is in those pics?

Obviously it is not a natural formation, nor does it look like to be any kind of glitch. could be some sort of alien mining machinery maybe?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by scordar

Obviously it is not a natural formation, nor does it look like to be any kind of glitch. could be some sort of alien mining machinery maybe?

What makes you say this? It's just a few blurred pixels, so I think it's impossible to tell whether or not it is a natural formation. I admit that the lighter spots are in seemingly straight lines, but what specifically do you see here that convinces you that this can't possibly be a natural formation?

With the limited information we have on this, I would never say "Obviously this can only be a natural formation". So, for similar reasons, I don't think one can say "obviously it is not a natural formation".

There's not enough to go on to make such a definitive statement like the one you made.

[edit on 3/15/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

What makes you say this? It's just a few blurred pixels, so I think it's impossible to tell whether or not it is a natural formation. I admit that the lighter spots are in seemingly straight lines, but what specifically do you see here that convinces you that this can't possibly be a natural formation?

I agree. It's like saying that Orion's Belt (which is comprised of three stars of similar brightness & color, evenly spaced in a row) is "obviously not a natural formation."

I'm still looking for some images of the area. It definitely helps that you gave us the latitude & longitude of the formation. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It is an interesting pic. Nice find.

I wish we had some orbiters with better resolution or giant rovers that could move from anomaly to anomaly even if just to debunk or get better geological evidence. There has to be a way to zero in on this stuff with a better resolution in the next couple of years.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
It looks like a natural formation with light hitting off some peaks.

Although if I put on my tin foil hat it is clearly an alien moon base.

Interesting pic none the less.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
if you look at LRO images, and maybe even clementine (for the good THAT will do you), and you find the artifact in question, we can get a closer look.

If, however, you don't find the artifact in question, then we have a REAL puzzle on our hands. Nothing on the moon should really move, outside human interaction, or meteor impact.

Go digging. You have a puzzle here, for sure.

BTW, I don't worship Phage. But i do respect him for his opinion. I realize that all of us are stronger than one of us. Because of this, i am always interested in, and open to the viewpoints of others. Especially when they have such a strong habit of being right.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
To me it looks like something quite tall. In Serbsta's version, it appears to be casting a shadow.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
notice the lattitude....good for radiation and temperature protection

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
[edit on 15-3-2010 by GBP/JPY]

jra

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I think it's some sort of graphics glitch with the Kaguya data on Google Earth and here is why.

When I view the area from 10.53km I don't see anything there.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/08b03ca61663.gif[/atsimg]

When I zoom in just a tiny bit more to 10.22km. I see all sorts of things suddenly pop into view.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a9076b9234b.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 15-3-2010 by jra]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
1) I had to look several times to even vaguely see an element of the male anatomy. When you first said that, I thought "Huh. Nipple?"

2) The only time I see Phage treated as a god is when people are all like "Why do people treat Phage like he's a god?!" Other than that, I just see him debunking things very well and calmly.

3) This is pretty interesting; if we could get it mirrored in a better picture of the moon, we might be able to see something. I doubt it's anything more than a cool rock formation, but you never know!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Its seventy meters wide and occupies three pixels in a picture taken from six miles away. I do not believe I have enough information to decide with confidence whether or not it is an alien base.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well you have fallen into the trap like others on here using google images
and zooming in until you have NO DETAIL only the pixels that make up the image

and another one..

Your second picture shows it really well look at the colour banding and straight edges.

All pictures have a resolution limit after that you cant see anymore detail.
Most likely some rocks thats all.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CROSSBONES
Sorry about the accidental quote. It looks like one of these (see picture) which is described as being a cube shaped ufo in an old blog called The Millennium Group repository

[edit on 14-3-2010 by CROSSBONES]

So I am the only one who sees any similarity in the close up pic I posted and the object in the OP's pictures?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I say very sugestive details in the image you brought to our attention.

I myself find it to be very interesting and worthy of further study.

Nice find!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by theability
I say very sugestive details in the image you brought to our attention.

I myself find it to be very interesting and worthy of further study.

Nice find!!!
Thank you. Myself I can see much similarity. Both appear to be cubed shaped, both have the 3 bright points along the edges, both appear to be 'cloaked' or disguised somewhat. There are a few articles posted about these things, that I would like to share, but I understand that posting links is not allowed here?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by scordar

hi,i read your post just as in now, and i think id like to share things i found on the komarov crater. the thing is am not well versed with linking and embbedding from google...but really my mind's been boggled the whole day today of those things i seen inside this crater.if you may google komarov again try rotating to 360 degrees then you can get a totally different perrspective of what you are viewing normally...zoom it in and out swoop it especially along the edges of the rilles and you'll be amazed...could it be just pixalizations? no expert on that either...
by the way mate, embbeding images from google how does it?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Originally posted by ucalien
reply to post by Kandinsky

Even Phage was without explanation.

Can anyone tell me why Phage's answers are the last word on ATS threads???
Why this guy has his own worshiping platform here??? Anyone??

Phew ! I was beginning to think it was just me that didn't get it ... I asked the very same question on a different thread.

I'm sure Phage is a really nice guy (?) ... his posts are usually very intelligent (if not a tad single-minded for my tastes) ... but this God-like, hero-worship he's got going on beats the bejeebuz out of me.

Come-on Phage, what the hell have you got on these people
my guess is either 'blackmail' ... but I'm pretty certain that would be against T&C
... or ... extended family members.

Sorry about the off-topic but I'm curious as hell to hear the answer !

Woody

Well maybe its because when someone ZOOMS and ZOOMS in on a crap pictures from google moon ,mars etc and Phage then post a nice link to a REAL Hi-res picture of the area and you can see what it really looks like or he posts an explanation of why a picture looks like it does thats why he gets respect.

If some of the people who post pics on here ACTUALLY found out a bit about digital images and the simple fact that all images have a RESOLUTION limit be it film, video or digital maybe so much internet bandwidth on here would not be wasted on what people think they see because they have ZOOMED in to much!

The picures above are a perfect example!

edit on 30-9-2010 by wmd_2008 because: Spelin LOL

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Oh wow! maybe i should have posted this in the aliens & ufo forum to get more replies?
Hate to bump my own thread but it would really be interesting to hear what you people think it is in those pics?

Underlined above not natural HOW do you know that, looking at a blurry low res image will not let you see will it for example

Mars face low res

www.coverups.com...

Is it a face hi res

moreufo.com...

The images shown on this thread are not good its that simple like the first mars face above!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join