It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nato attempts to coverup afghan slaughter!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Nato ‘covered up’ botched night raid in Afghanistan that killed five

A night raid carried out by US and Afghan gunmen led to the deaths of two pregnant women, a teenage girl and two local officials in an atrocity which Nato then tried to cover up, survivors have told The Times.

This comes after a spate of failed night raids ending in civilian casualites.
This is what they tried to say in the beginning...

"Joint force operating in Gardez makes gruesome discovery". Nato claimed that the force had found the women’s bodies “tied up, gagged and killed” in a room

There is some serious miscommunication going on in afghanistan and to bring pakistani forces in on the equation is doing nothing but confuse the situation further...

The family were offered, through local elders, American compensation — $2,000 (£1,300) for each of the victims.

sickening....

[edit on 14/3/10 by spearhead]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Wow, $2000 for the life of a pregnant woman. I know it goes a lot farther over there, but seems very strange to give any compensation at all. It's kinda like NATO is saying, "this is the first incident of civilian casualties in Afghanistan".

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
read the whole story on the link...

i can't understand why they were raiding the home of a police officer?
what were they doing there? and the outcome is everyone is dead?

there is more to this than they are letting on. thinking about it now, this whole story is probably just a distraction from the real purpose of this mission!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
look at this...

The statement in the initial press release that the women had been "tied up, gagged and killed" came from initial operational reports. Based on subsequent reviews, those reports were based on a lack of understanding of local burial practices. The women's feet had been tied, and they had cloth straps that immobilized their jaws, evidently in preparation for burial.

ISAF Rejects Cover Up Allegation

...women crouching in a hallway behind him were hit by the same volley of fire. Bibi Shirin, 22, had four children under the age of 5. Bibi Saleha, 37, had 11 children. Both of them, according to their relatives, were pregnant. They were killed instantly.

Nato ‘covered up’ botched night raid in Afghanistan that killed five

...so nato and the ISAF are saying it was a funeral, the women already dead for hours where investigators claim it was a name giving celebration.

this is looking more and more like an assasination of two afghani law men!

The first person to die in the assault was Commander Dawood, 43, a long-serving, popular and highly-trained policeman who had recently been promoted to head of intelligence in one of Paktia’s most volatile districts. His brother, Saranwal Zahir, was a prosecutor in Ahmadabad district. He was killed while he stood in a doorway trying to protest their innocence.

[edit on 14/3/10 by spearhead]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

Umm one failed cover up. imagine how many succeeded with the technology they have..

The best way to act innocent is to confuse everyone, confusion will always win arguments, especially against the ignorant, they won't even realize it..

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Well I think there may be a ton of reasons they were raiding an Iraqi officers home. He could have been corrupt, could have seen something, his wife could have seen something... There are endless possibilities. I hope more of the story comes out, but I fear when it does it will be a mangled version of the truth.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by red_d

I totally agree. I saw a story lasy night on Australian Dateline, about some of the issue the coalition is facing in Afghanistan. Trying to buy surrender, some Colonel offered the Taliban in this certain province 120 million dollars to lay down their arms. What a joke.

The Afghan warlords and other tribal leaders look to be some shifty guys just looking to get ahead. There is no hope in the war. No solution and no victory for the coalition or the Afghani's themselves.

join