It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call for Impeachment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
First of all Im not a great writer so bare with me.

I don't understand how are most highly elected official , POTUS, can constantly lie,
Hold a seat on the UN Security council while being POTUS
Buy votes to pass bills
Taunt the Supream Justices in front of the branches of gov
Not produced a ligit birth document
Approve bail outs against the public will
Constantly attacking the rule of law to pass bills
Fire Attorneys that are investigating ACORN without cause to protect his connections.
And the list goes on and on ....Im scared to here what each new day brings with this bunch in Washington.
If this guy is let to continue , there will not be an America by 2012, in my opinion.I am really worried about how things are being done in Washington.
What can we do?

mod, wasen't excatally sure where to put this, move if needed. Thanks

I added links ,page 3

[edit on 13-3-2010 by Grayelf2009]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

considering you have nothing to back up your claims, I don't know where I can begin attacking your argument. What are you talking about?

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeffiriff

considering you have nothing to back up your claims, I don't know where I can begin attacking your argument. What are you talking about?
lol
good point....I guess I could go digging threw the threads and pick each one out...this is just some of the things I have read here , seen on the news , heard on Patriot Radio,or other websites . But Im pretty sure that all these topics have been discussed here.

edit to add.You make a really good point , it is easy to think that everyone that comes here has read everything else a fellow member has , that we are all on the same page of how much we know is arrogant. so I will if I have time tomorrow to find all those links for ya.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by Grayelf2009]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Let us all not forget the lies and actions taken by people like Dodd.

It just seems very strange the number of representatives dropping out like flies.

Now, who are the two presidents ever impeached? Impeached means the congress has brought them up on charges. That would be Nixon and Clinton.

I would say that the majority of people to hit your thread are going to request proof of your assertions. Of course for impeachment to be done, proof is needed, it is not your burden to produce everything, just provide one article per charge and that should be fine.

Now if someone wants to try to prove these to be false, they can provide the defense for it.

Anyone denying the charges, please refrain from attacking the source and attack the provided information. Also refrain from trying to suggest that something in the past provides a defense for the action.

Because someone in the past did something illegal, does not mean it is okay.

AWIGHT?

Let the game begin.

edit to fix error-Clinton and Andrew Johnson were impeached but neither were convicted of said impeachment and Nixon resigned before the impeachment and was pardoned by his successor. Thanks to asktheanimals and FortAnthem for correcting my ignorance!

[edit on 3/13/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Yeah you can go digging through the threads to find some information to back up your statement, but it seems like you created this off of emotion more than anything else. If you do find some opinions, do you think that you are going to be able to combat a heavily reasonable argument?

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Hello,
Rather than attack his argument, let's discuss the title of the thread. So at this juncture while he will return tomorrow with links to back-up his claims, let's conduct a poll amongst ourselves and chime in who is for impeachment, and who is against it. I don't know if I am at liberty to try and direct the aim of Grayelf2009's thread while away. If, I am...

How about those who chime in provide a link as to coming to chosen option?
Here's my link; www.abovetopsecret.com...

I say impeach.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009

Please show where Obama holds a seat on the UN Security Council, especially when no person holds any seat, even the UNSC President's role rotates monthly between states.

Yes he has, that is why he is the properly elected POTUS

Im scared to here what each new day brings with this bunch in Washington.

How about supplying some proof for your claims?

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

You say impeach but on what basis?? We know he's black and thats probably what you really hate about him, but lets give some honest real impeachable stuff that our president has done. Please, entertain us.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by Grayelf2009

Please show where Obama holds a seat on the UN Security Council, especially when no person holds any seat, even the UNSC President's role rotates monthly between states.

Yes he has, that is why he is the properly elected POTUS

Im scared to here what each new day brings with this bunch in Washington.

How about supplying some proof for your claims?

Hello,
Skipping around the thread issue are we?
here's another link...www.abovetopsecret.com...
I say impeach

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

reply to post by loveguy

You say impeach but on what basis?? We know he's black and thats probably what you really hate about him, but lets give some honest real impeachable stuff that our president has done. Please, entertain us.

You must have a link to my web cam.
I won't lie and say I'm black. But I do have respect for my soul brothers. Race card fails with me friend.
I have never followed politics until a soul brother won the office, I was happy for him. But now that I do follow politics, This fellow brings too much controversy for my liking. Why can't it be just because I ain't happy with where he is trying to lead us? Executive orders; feel at liberty to look them up yourself.

Impeach!!!

Uh OH!
Wifey's mad at me for dishing on her president. I gotta leave the thread. Sorry folks.

[edit on (3/12/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffiriff

Please keep it civil, the race card is not a legitimate defense.

Sorry, try to keep on track people, no mud slinging.

Address the OP.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

well because you aren't bringing up any real argument for the impeachment of a president. If you have been ignoring politics your whole life, until Obama took office, and you want to impeach him, then at least tell me what comparison you are going off of. Since you haven't cared, then you missed the brilliance of George Bush (sr and jr)...I can't imagine what you would have wanted to do to those guys...

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Not sure what you mean by "defense" but if you think that the race card is not valid in the peoples criticisms of our president then you are mistaken. Also, what is the OP's post exactly but a bunch of emotional, nonsensical, rambling?

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Well, I'm all for impeachment. In fact, I think that every president should at the least be tried once. Just to sustain those who dislike him/her. If the individual deserves to be impeached then he/she will be, if not then he may continue to run the remainder of his term. Of course this system will probably get corrupt, but Man seems to find corruption in just about anything.

It should be expected that some do not agree, or even like, the current president. Did any that support Obama really think that everyone will agree with him? I hope not, otherwise they have been blinded.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

You still have not addressed one item from the OP.

And if a race card is a defense against complaints of the president, we must be back one hundred years or so.

Let me see if I can dig up a response to your comment, oh yeah, here is a good one.

I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.

This is our hope. This is the faith with which I return to the South. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, "My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring."

And if America is to be a great nation this must become true. So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania!

Let freedom ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado!

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous peaks of California!

But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia!

Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee!

Let freedom ring from every hill and every molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

When we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

And? This is unprecedented...but not illegal.

Buy votes to pass bills

And? Is this abnormal behavior to cut special deals? Are you suggesting that Obama's admin (really it is the congress that does this...not Obama) is the first to do this?

Taunt the Supream Justices in front of the branches of gov

Is this illegal? Are you suggesting he can't disagree with the supreme court?

LOL...yes he has. He was approved to run for president...I think those that qualify him are more qualfied to investigate this than anyone here on ATS. Will people ever give this up?

Approve bail outs against the public will

Actually...Bush signed the bailouts....Obama signed the Stimulus. Still...nothing illegal. We have a REPRESENTATIVE republic. If your reps vote for it...then that is all that matters.

Constantly attacking the rule of law to pass bills

I don't even know what this means.

Fire Attorneys that are investigating ACORN without cause to protect his connections.

I've never heard of him firing anyone about ACORN...I know people are crying about the DOJ stopping the investigation. But they fail to mention that Bush also stopped investigations of ACORN.

Seriously...do you have anything substantial? Or is this just a rant because you don't like the man or his policies. I didn't like Bush...I think the wars he started based off of LIES were wrong...but I knew he technically didn't do anything illegal, so I wouldn't call for impeachment.

Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean they are doing something illegal. Just because you personally don't like his policies...that doesn't mean that he should be impeached.

Until you have hard facts that he has commited illegal actions...you calling for impeachment just seems emotional and partisan.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

First of all I can't address any emotional rants about the president that are not backed up by anything factual.

Second, if you think this country is free from racism then you are sadly mistaken. Are you kidding? Have you been to the south? I have...I have seen confederate flag flying, swastika tattoo bearing skin heads all over the place. Dude. Racism is still an issue, so yes its a valid point to question a person who wants to impeach a President that has been in office for a year and has done NOTHING impeachable.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I'm not getting into the argument by dropping a couple pennies into the mix... But seriously, the race card and the "you shoulda seen George Bush" arguments are the best you got?

As far as impeachable offense? Illegal seizure of company assets and ownership with taxpayer money? Oh but thats probably not a strict violation of any laws huh? Knowing who is writing the laws that shouldn't be surprising.

Trying to enstate a governmental mandate that requires me to purchase any product or service, regardless of intentions, is a violation of my liberties... least I should be able to do is sue him...(hopefully this is dead and a moot point)

As far as purchasing votes, the Louisiana purchase and the 6 billion dollar hospital to Pennsylvania(i believe it was) both qualify as preferential treatment to certain states which in essence is bribery to ensure passage of the Health Care bill. Those were just two such items, there were several others that blatantly got certain states extras for their vote.

But those are just a couple of my tidbits off the cuff, I didnt want to find links so I didn't, everything I've stated is common enough knowledge and can be verified easily.

Overall though I say impeach because he is a social/Marxist of the first order. Read Memories of my Father... He lays out his social agenda from a very early age.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
to the op why are you attacking the best of the worst of tptb. i guess it's unfortunate we don't have you in office to do a better job. how easy is it for you to criticize when in your glass world you post on a conspiracy site instead of running for office and creating the change or the kind of govt thats for the betterment of all. i am glad i don't live in your world.......

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Okay, you have a valid point, but is it helping your case?

Point out the fallacy of the points the OP is making, do not create more of your own.

People like me, that have no black card in the deck, find the race card to be superfluous to these arguments and just derails the debate.

Debate the points, not the source, otherwise you fail the debate before it begins.

As some like to say, BAD FORM.

[edit on 3/12/2010 by endisnighe]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join