It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO or Weather balloon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Sunday 07/03/2010 i was plane spotting throuhg my telescope Meade ETX-70 and i saw this object UFO or Weather balloon

At 1:10

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Could be anything, there are no obvious height pointers, the presumption that it's at the same height or higher as the plane in the same frame would be illogical.

Being an extremely good match in colour to the trail it's impossible from my eye to see if it's above or below the trail.

And I fear you will be savaged for showing a 'produced' video ie a video that not the raw footage, whilst I appreciate staring at trails or chem trails (your choice) is extremely boring but putting it thru post production will only get you chewed on...

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Could be either. I dont know whether you actualy noticed it at the time, but its a shame you did'nt continue to film it for a while longer. Could have helped.

Im sure there will be arguments for both. Interesting though thanks.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Having watched the video a couple of times, what I'd like to know is, why are there two aircraft in the video?

How come nobody else has spotted this?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
Having watched the video a couple of times, what I'd like to know is, why are there two aircraft in the video?

How come nobody else has spotted this?

If you mean the plane at the very start?

It may look like two planes initially but it's just an odd angle

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

G'day Bosb33r

Welcome to ATS

My guess is it's a balloon of some description.....possibly a weather balloon.

If you want to know for certain, ask OzWeatherman.

He can probably look up your location & the time of the video & find any records of an appropriate weather balloon release.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by fritz If you mean the plane at the very start? It may look like two planes initially but it's just an odd angle

How you can mistake a twin engined aircraft in close up for a four engined aircraft is quite beyond me. Another thing, the angles are not right.

Please don't make this out to be more than a simple error on my part. I was a Recognition Instructor for over 25 years.

new topics

top topics

join