It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Blacks embrace their opressors God

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Racist bashers see the world only through the lens of race and figure if we just removed African-Americans, Hispanics and Jews from the world, all would be dandy. Just as obsessed with race, their counterparts – anti-racist bashers – prefer to think that eradicating prejudice will achieve the same end. They both seem to forget that the actual problem in the West is multiculturalism, not specific ethnic groups or our reactions to them; these are mere symptoms. We'd still be a neurotic and self-destructive civilization, regardless of this racial antagonism.

There are hundreds of similar groups whose goal is bashing, short and simple. Rather than face our problems, they carefully select a scapegoat. The crowd loves this black-and-white logic because it's simple and rewarding: life is an action thriller where you're the Good guy, and everyone else is out to destroy the world and corrupt our children. Guess what? The most destructive ideologies in the world are usually hidden behind pleasant-sounding talk and rhetoric. Who ever thought that democracy would promote crippling bureaucracy and corporate tyranny, and that pluralism would destroy traditional cultures and set off a wave of heavy crime? "But it sounded so nice!"

Bashing can be a powerful polemic tool, but like a good joke: once thrice told, it gets old. It's overwhelmingly ineffective, unintelligent, and impotent. Let's have our laugh, buy the bumper sticker, and then move on to something more effective. It's far too easy to blame someone else for our problems. Why don't we do something positive to solve them, instead?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by mahtoosacks

I understand him... what are you not getting

When I say this don't take this as anything racially but...

This thread is not for you anyway

The people who have gotten super upset that some blacks are even discussing this are upset you tend to hate when blacks start talking aboutthe truth. No one is saying "Let's hate white people" or anything like that.

African Americans are truly a lost race.

We lost our names, culture, religions, families, and lives and yet when we decide to get together to dig for what we lost, you ( angry caucasian ATS'ers) get bent outta shape and acted like we've started a race-war..

Furthermore, whenever I find a blog or post that I have no interest or belief in, you know what I do??? I IGNORE it...why rain on someone's parade or try to spread negativity if they want to discuss something.

So when you all jump on a thread (that you find dispicable) why are even replying here??

Again, it wasn't for you anyway

Have you ever considered the idea that maybe you are BLESSED by living here in America?
That maybe had your ancestors not been sold by neighboring tribes to the white-man, that you would still be in Africa and living in extreme poverty...or never even had existed due to some form of genocide/rebellion/disease/famine?
You should be grateful for the turn of events that enabled you to find freedom and dwell in this nation. And Christianity played a HUGE part in the process.
You seem like one ungrateful person to me. If you have a chip on your shoulder against America and it's white devil's religion then pack up and move somewhere else.....and good luck on finding a place as free and opportunistic as this.....cause it sure as hell ain't gonna be your 'motherland'.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Perhaps if you look at another SLAVE people you might find different answer..

When the Pagan Agnles Saxons and Jutes invaded Britian they pushed out the christian Celts and in many circumstances enslaved them..

Yet in the end the pagan where the ones converted, they converted to the religion of the people they enslaved..

If you remove the colour bar, perhaps you can see that christianity in it's pure form is a slaves religion, one so powerfull that it has converted it's oppressors over and over, and even converted Empires..

That is until it was hijacked for political gain.. But still, that's a side issue..

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

To answer the original question:

African Americans tend to be Christians. Christians worship the God of Israel. The God of Israel's chosen people are the Jews. The Jews were enslaved and oppressed by the Egyptians. The Egyptians are African....

Irony?

link   

I understand him... what are you not getting

When I say this don't take this as anything racially but...

This thread is not for you anyway

So who is this thread for? You need to make mention of the races who should take part in your discussion next time. You can't because it is racism.

The people who have gotten super upset that some blacks are even discussing this are upset you tend to hate when blacks start talking aboutthe truth. No one is saying "Let's hate white people" or anything like that.

Well you come off as a white hating person. I could say that because I am not white, I am from Iraq. I can see that you do nothing but blame the white man for the black community worshiping someone from the Middle East.

You guys have a race and a nation to call your own. There are many races who are in actual diaspora with no country to call their own. My people have dwindled down to about maybe 3-4 million people. What was once a magnificent race is now in ruins. Research the Assyrian diaspora, or the Armenian diaspora before reaching a conclusion to what a lost race is.

We lost our names, culture, religions, families, and lives and yet when we decide to get together to dig for what we lost, you ( angry caucasian ATS'ers) get bent outta shape and acted like we've started a race-war..

You aren't doing any digging. You are only trying to put blames rather than show the beautiful culture you have. Those angry caucasians have a right to be. I am not white but I am a bit aggravated because of your posts.

Furthermore, whenever I find a blog or post that I have no interest or belief in, you know what I do??? I IGNORE it...why rain on someone's parade or try to spread negativity if they want to discuss something.

So when you all jump on a thread (that you find dispicable) why are even replying here??

Again, it wasn't for you anyway

Because that person is throwing facts that accuse many people of doing something they don't do. If I find a post that calls a certain people out in a false manner than I come and defend. You have no logic in your posts nor do you show any shred of evidence that the white man is after your culture.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Equinox99]

link   

The people who have gotten super upset that some blacks are even discussing this are upset you tend to hate when blacks start talking about the truth. No one is saying "Let's hate white people" or anything like that.

When you refer to God as a "white God" or Jesus as a "white man's Jesus", while not directly saying "Let's hate white people", statements like those certainly fuel the fire for hatred.

African Americans are not a "lost race" - they are alive, surviving and millions are thriving - just like the others who have worked hard and have been blessed.

"Lost our names, culture, religions, families, and lives........." ?

Maybe you should spend some time online researching the current state of our world - race should be the last issue of importance. As far as I can tell, we ALL are undergoing some serious, and dangerous, changes as a NATION that is affecting ALL of us, and will continue to affect ALL of us.

I understand civil rights - had I been born back in "those" days, I have said many times, I would probably have been a dead black woman. I agree, "those" days were horrific for all involved. But I have to agree with the earlier poster that no one here today owns slaves so while it's a part of black history, it is not a part of "ours" in regards to accepting blame for this - sympathy is a given, but accepting blame? No.

You can find "bad apples" in all walks of life - whites, blacks, Christians, atheists, males, females, children, dogs, cultures, nations, etc.

I loathe that some Haitians practice voodoo - should I label all Haitians as voodooist? No - that wouldn't be fair.

Should I start a thread that condemns all Haitians as voodooists? No - that also wouldn't be fair.

If the OP of this thread truly feels the way she claims, then she should reexamine herself in regards to being racist and extremely prejudiced.

But to attempt to cause division between God's children - is wrong on so many levels.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

My god, this thread is really sickening; this is racism at its fullest.
White god? What does god have anything to do with color?
So if I convert to Islam I should be labeled as a terrorist and a Christian hater?
If you are so against the white devils god why not convert to voodoo?
I am happy that most blacks embrace Christianity because I would not wish to see so called atheists like you who spread such ideas.

I have many friends who are African American and never have I heard things like that from them.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by reptoidsonice

To answer the original question:

African Americans tend to be Christians. Christians worship the God of Israel. The God of Israel's chosen people are the Jews. The Jews were enslaved and oppressed by the Egyptians. The Egyptians are African....

Irony?

Lol, nice.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
if you created the word race but then diverse to using humanity to describe all the different peoples that comprised races you are committing a crime.

since blacks are native to their own culture that is subverted and directed to themselves in a fashion much like a mirror. accepting what is being shown to them would not be alien to themselves; and their grasp of an oppressor would be good for personal growth.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I wholeheartedly believe that it was Almighty God Himself that brought the African Americans through the entire civil rights era - and I suspect that is why they tend to, as the OP called it, "cling" to God.

God is good all of the time - mankind, on the other hand, is not. In the era of the civil rights day, mankind hit an all time low. But this is 2010 - the entire planet is in turmoil right now due to satan -

You can side with Africa, you can side with Ethiopia, you can side with the Pillsbury Dough Boy for that matter - but in the end, we will all have to choose who we will follow........ God or satan.

So all of this "white" or "black" chat is really only opinions of "mankind" and isn't relevant to what's truly important - unless the OP considers race alliance more important than her personal salvation.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
if you created the word race but then diverse to using humanity to describe all the different peoples that comprised races you are committing a crime.

since blacks are native to their own culture that is subverted and directed to themselves in a fashion much like a mirror. accepting what is being shown to them would not be alien to themselves; and their grasp of an oppressor would be good for personal growth.

I'm beginning to like you. You're good for comic relief because of your off-the-wall, unintentional humor.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

You are WAAAYY off

Please quit tryna distract us

once and for all

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
My last 1 cent from revelations 16 explaining the suffering to come for those who DENY!!!!!
9: And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory. DIDNT REPENT THERE SMH
10: And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,
11: And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds. SOUNDS SICK STILL NOT REPENTING FOR THEIR EVIL SINS SMH
12: And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared. YOU DO SEE WERE THESE MENTIONED KINGS OF EARTH ARE COMMING FROM RIGHT!!!!
13: And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. THE ATHIEST MASTERS LOL
14: For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty. YOU READY, I AM LMAO I GOTS CRYSTAL CLEAR FAITH AND HE GIVES ME SIGNS ALMOST EVERYDAY SO........

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar

you still make no sense. how is using the word humanity to describe all humans a crime. ITS EXACTLY WHAT IT MEANS.

so you are saying, that as soon as a black person is born, they are automatically entered into the culture that is black people?

so then why do tribes of blacks commit genocide against other blacks based on their racial qualities. en.wikipedia.org...

how can you say that blacks living in the middle east are the same culture as blacks living in the Caribbean?

how can you even believe half of what you say?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

Sorry, my friend, but whether you agree or not, "we" are all "humanity".

Call it a mixed fruit bowl, or whatever you want, but we are ALL on this planet together -

If you want to play "race alliance", I'm afraid that you are going to find more times than not that you will be playing alone - unless you hook up with other people that enjoy the same racism.

link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
My last 1 cent from revelations 16 explaining the suffering to come for those who DENY!!!!!
9: And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory. DIDNT REPENT THERE SMH
10: And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,
11: And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds. SOUNDS SICK STILL NOT REPENTING FOR THEIR EVIL SINS SMH
12: And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared. YOU DO SEE WERE THESE MENTIONED KINGS OF EARTH ARE COMMING FROM RIGHT!!!!
13: And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. THE ATHIEST MASTERS LOL
14: For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty. YOU READY, I AM LMAO I GOTS CRYSTAL CLEAR FAITH AND HE GIVES ME SIGNS ALMOST EVERYDAY SO........

eh whatever hate monger.

i guess ill burn then, you can laugh now if it makes you feel better.

link   

But Blacks in Africa are not Atheist? So why not embrace your cultural identity, and study "your own black gods" .. instead of coping out with this atheist BS. Or are you so culturally misguided that you are just associating yourself with a "new" emerging black culture with Atheism at it's core just so you don't have to be associated with "White Gods"?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

You are WAAAYY off

Please quit tryna distract us

once and for all

Now that is the pot calling the kettle black.

This second line doesn't make my one liner any less of a
one liner.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
the concept of worshiping something outside the grasp of worship by any means is illegal; so to say to the man on the right path or the black man that they are worshiping the god of israel is not true according to my generation nor the bible.as time progresses who god is changes, who i worship as the self may one day be vilified; to associate a curse on a person of worship because of knowledge of this ebb and flow of people is cowardly.gods chosen people will always be at the mercy of people who understand the concept of worshiping and the people who practice the concept another knows.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahtoosacks

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

eh whatever hate monger.

i guess ill burn then, you can laugh now if it makes you feel better.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join