It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Blacks embrace their opressors God

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

I would take an agnostic humanitarian any day of the week over an atheist.

Atheism can be just as illogical as religion.

The reason I say its not the answer is due to what happened in the USSR and the People's Republic of China.

I do agree though that fanatics of any religion are bad.

All things must follow the Golden Mean and be in moderation, religion included. If society was able to follow this, all of the excesses would vanish.

link   
He is attempting to falsely claim a kind of Libertarianism of Africa being a pan-cultural concept.

A total load of hooey. But hey he wouldn't be the first person to try to pretty up the past and claim biology as culture.

link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
INT. BROADCAST (the re-up)

The 1 known as the beast, 1 who is INTELLIGENT AND VERY DECIEVING wants mankind to segragate so you can all kill each other so the FINAL WAR OF SPIRITS CAN BEGAN... Without you killing all yourselves there can be no ARMAGADDON OMEGA FOR THE BOOK OF JUDGMENT CANNOT BE OPENED TO SEPERATE THE TOP FROM THE BOTTOM SMH WITH FLESH STILL EXISTING. The 1 the beast has overtime tricked all the races on this planet to think they were the chosen and the superior in order to controll the race its influencing at that current time within history to become the dominators or atleast appear to be dominators even though that race who thought it was on top was really doing puppet works for the 1 and basically building themselves a home within hell. Those present within all races who didnt feed into the ignorance and attempted to help the oppresed race at those time periods shined brightly, too bright for the beast to obtain their souls. These I speak of who shined brightly were the people who acted selfishly towards the oppressed race like in current AMERICANAZ THOSE WHO HELPED THE AFRICANAZ SLAVES with the UNDERGROUND RAILROAD. THESE ARE EXAMPLES OF TRUE LOVING HUMANS WHO SEEN PAST THE DEMONIC POSSESSED AND SHINED LIGHT UPON THOSE WHO DARKNESS ATTEMPTED TO GOVERN......GOOD DAY A.T.S.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

SO TRUE!!!

THANKS

There are people that truly hate when we as an african american race have researched and studied the truth and are tired of accepting THEIR story,

HIS story

HISTORY

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
African Americans are part African, part European, part Native. Your ancestors didn't have the same cultures as each other. Even the ones from Africa had different religions, different languages, and different cultures.

The Zulu is not a Masai. The Ugandan is not a Somalian. They don't have the same cultures, languages, and they don't even LOOK the same.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I don't hate. I try to show that we are one people, and if you want to separate us even more than it is your doing not mine. I am simply trying to see what your point is and why.

You started as why do blacks embrace the white mans God. You stated you left religion ages ago, than blacks did not have religion before the white man, to blacks worshiped the true gods and now that we see your agenda you're angry?

I don't hate your true colors because you are being human and I understand that. I could be angry as well towards the white man and the Muslims for killing off many of my people. I am Assyrian/Chaldean, and we have been persecuted for many ages. My agenda is not to get even or get angry because that will get me no where.

I have but one question for you.

What is your intention in this thread?

link   
people have their time frames all mucked up also; if i am to argue based on the bible.the people of egypt were a people that is at least hundreds of thousands of years old.

link   
reply to post by Equinox99

However the tower of Babel was much like a metaphor.

I find it more likely to be a description of a ziguarat or pyramid and the mixed population of Akenaten being exiled and their languages being confused.

Nevertheless, an evolving language discredits and perhaps precludes this creator god, so perhaps a more mundane explanation should be sought.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by Ausar

SO TRUE!!!

THANKS

There are people that truly hate when we as an african american race have researched and studied the truth and are tired of accepting THEIR story,

HIS story

HISTORY

wow if you truly believe this, then you have been completely brainwashed by your own ego.

i am white, so you may not CARE what i have to say, but i am speaking so that you can understand (hopefully) that i am not your enemy. nor am i here to degrade you to sub-human status.

i would LOVE for you to open up your heart to all peoples as i am, and see that we have all been owned by the man.

and no the man doesnt have to be white.

everything is not about race, but im pretty sure this will go on deaf ears and more insults will be flung about how i killed some peoples way long ago in the past.

you need to wake up and see this is not a black vs white agenda here.

it was survival of the fittest. im sorry your culture at that time was not the fittest and ended up being sold off by your own kind.

but it wasnt even you then, and it isnt you now. you cant even tell me from where your people originated, so you just associate with all of them.

for all you know, the people you associate with, could have been your enemy then.

there are agendas in this world that dont care about race creed color, but only about control.

do you think they will treat me differently from you when they corral us into pens for extermination? i doubt it. for we are all serfs in this land of elites.

you need to stop seperating yourself, and understand that in order for peace to work, it has to come from both sides.

all i see is racism bent backwards for a form of payback, that this generation never commited against you.

to that i say WAKE THE F UP

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

... other’s had learned to love their slavemasters and coveted his life, his ways, and even his God. Others, understandably, saw how powerful their slavemasters were and sought to acquire some of his wealth and power for themselves by imitating his ways. I can understand how they would have thought that it was the White man’s God that had seemingly given him the power to enslave their entire race. This having been driven into their minds along with the idea of White superiority by the heads of the church and the bible itself, which condones making slaves of the “strangers that sojourn among you” and the “heathen races”.

What I don’t understand is how this has continued right through the Civil Rights movement and the Black power movement. How this patriarchal Master/ Slave religion could continue to be so ardently embraced by the children of slaves. What I don’t understand is how we still find ourselves praying to the great overseer in the sky even in the new millennium.

There is, it seems, a very strong tendency in people to consider the 'God of the conquerors' as being stronger than the 'gods of the conquered'. Whether the new religion is forced or not, people seem to want the more powerful. This is magnified when people are 'deported'. In the case of African slaves taken from many areas, many languages, many religions, there really was no choice but to adopt and adapt, since their wouldn't have been any large enough language, religion base upon which to build. This has been a long standing tactic. See 2 Kings 17. Splitting up and mixing tribes by Assyria.

The second question of 'why still?' actually applies to much more than only the African-American experience. It includes almost all people. European beliefs have been lost. Old Arabian beliefs have been lost. The victor religions have torn down the old temples, smashed the idols, burned the books, erased the histories of the older beliefs. Even Christian heresies and heterodoxies have been suppressed.

The question of 'why still?' is answered by me at least, by saying, the options have been taken away. I'm currently part of what's called Pagan Reconstruction. It's no easy task to regain something which has disappeared from the Earth. It's right up there with reviving a lost language for which no books remain. It really is easier to use the religion of the victors as an indictment against the victors themselves. I have no doubt at all of Martin Luther King Jr's. commitment to Jesus. He embraced Christianity as written in the Christian scriptures and lived it in such a way as to expose the less than Christian attitudes of Christians. For this he is blessed by every god worthy of being called God.

Not every one is able to embrace Christianity in that way. Some must find within alterative views the same spirit. If indeed God is One, then we all are in this together. Religion fades away when God is present. Atheism, Agnosticism, every 'ism and 'anity exists for a purpose.

link   

to blacks worshiped the true gods

What exactly are these true gods ? You lost me a little there.

link   

Both sides are guilty of subjective research and ignoring the truth.

Many African Americans in the United States have white and/or Native American ancestors.

Many European Americans have non white ancestors.

West Africans are West Africans and African Americans are West African.

Trying to take credit for Egypt is like France taking credit for building Russia. A better comparison would be the Gallic tribes building Athens.
Africa is just as diverse as Europe. Each basin and plateau has its own cultures and peoples.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
people have their time frames all mucked up also; if i am to argue based on the bible.the people of egypt were a people that is at least hundreds of thousands of years old.

actually it couldnt be more than 10k

because the universe didnt exist before that supposedly.

and dinosaurs were put here to test our faith.

you could believe that if you were hardcore vedic tho. some of them claim 400,000 years old. most say 40k.

[edit on 3/10/2010 by mahtoosacks]

link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

Jesus was not white, and was hated, humiliated and finally murdered.

He is not the white man's god, few white men know him.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

If you have a belief in God, then he is your God, no-one else's.

If you have no belief you are wise to admit the fact and live by your own principles.

In Matthew, 25, Jesus explains how he will one day divide the world. The judgement he promises is not based on who believes what, it is simply based on who took care of the needy.

We share a father, called by various names and worshipped in various ways all around the world. However he doesn't care about being worshipped or even believed in. All he cares about is that we are kind to each other.

Very well written, I agree with that statement 100 percent. As long as we have compassion and we share what we have with others, am sure we will be blessed by the creator.

link   

Ok, Cookie I'm black just like you and to stay on course I asked myself the same questions, I have come to the conclusion we have been programmed. We worship a white God, and subconsciously the white man himself. Every other race has to a degree some may agree but whatever. The other posters here made valid points with the information regarding slavery, but if you guys and girls are aware the cross been around longer than Christianity and the bible is taken from Egyptians and Babylonians etc. The real question is who are Christians really praying to cuz dude hasn't answered mine yet. Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Atheism can be just as illogical as religion.

What's so illogical about rejecting for lack of evidence the concept of an invisible man in the sky ?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by yodagod

Fair enough. I still think that those nations had no other means to explain what had happened to their center of power. So what do they do when the worst happens? Of course, they blame it on God.

But today we could have answers such as, one leader became greedy, or that a drought forced some to migrate in search of food. We may never know.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Oh...

Well now that you have chosen to "pump your breaks" and find out what my intention was before doin your "DISINFO AGENT thing"......

My original intention was to get responses on what people think is the reason that African Americans in modenr times still attend and worship the religion of our oppressors? It is factual that Christanity was mimicked, after years of an Christian inquisiton. Blacks still to this day allow a white Jesus picture to be hung on the walls our churches

So again, if this topic offends you or irritates you, maybe it wasn't meanto
for you to address

I do not have rage,nor hatred. I love each anf every race and in fact I hate it when my own race does a lotta stupid stuff ( another story for another day)

This was not a racial topic, even though the trolls have turned it as such

It was a religious one

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
to give a black man a religion is a crime; if you dont give the black man everything he is/was and attempt to give him what you have come to learn from him; it is illegal.for people to accept this is folly and i dont think any black person does.but if someone in my community was a member of a social group that defines itself based on a pretense of christianity as a black person their means and reasons are not equal to another "races".in the end it is folly because black man divided upon themselves at the contention that all temples are doing the same function while functioning differently.any system set up to express similarity and oneness that does not have functioning bodies that are different and unique is a system that is not native to the black man.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
So during PANGEA days before the wated borders came into play when all of humanity roamed the EARTH IN ALL DIRECTIONS what religion did mankind follow then a segragated version or the same original version. I say this to remind you OP that you are all the same UNDER THE SAME CREATOR....BEFORE THE AMERICANAZ AND AFRICANAZ SEPERATED THEY WERE THE SAME PEICE OF LAND.....YOUR ALL BROTHERS AND BETTER CATCH ON BEFORE YOU ARE ALL FORCED BY A UNKNOWN INTERVENTION sorta like on the WATCHMEN HOW THE SMART GUY USED THE DESTRUCTIVE CAPABLE GUY TO MAKE HUMANITY WORK TOGETHER AS 1...WHY WAIT FOR A DESTRUCTIVE FORCE TO FORCE YOU TO WORK TOGETHER SHOW THE CREATOR YOU CAN DO IT WITHOUT INTERVENTION.

[edit on 3/10/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join