It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massa says He was FORCED OUT so Democrats Can Pass Health Care

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
If there is only one iota of truth to this..

Hang on folks, this will get ugly, very ugly. (hopefully not this thread)

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I believe this is going to get ugly before the embers have cooled down. Massa may not have been the best politician, however he is going to make sure that the news and DC all hears what he has to say, and I am very curious as to what the man has to say. From what I heard, he did the act at a Wedding, away from DC, and there are those in DC still in office that are going to get real worried about what will come out. I do believe that those remaining are going to be waiting and then running for damage control and to include in smearing him. I personally would like to know all about Rangle and why he got away with breaking the law, and why those in the offices of power think that they can do things that would get most of us fired, sued and pretty much up the creek without a paddle.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
It's a shame that special interest and lobbyist keep them so tied down that cannot say what they really feel until they have nothing to lose.

There's a storm on the horizon.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter
If there is only one iota of truth to this.. Hang on folks, this will get ugly, very ugly. (hopefully not this thread)

Oh, I think there's a lot of truth to it.

Back in August of last year, Massa was recorded "off microphone" talking about the Health Care Bill, and at that time he stated that he would vote FOR the bill no matter what, even if he was opposed by the majority of his constituents.

However, keep in mind, Eric Massa wasn't really a "team player"...

Things were already melting down between Massa and the Obama administration, because Massa had opposed the administration's position on climate change. Rahm Emanuel privately jumped all over Massa's ass about that issue.

So, I'm guessing that the Democrats figured they couldn't trust Eric Massa to toe the partisan line on the Obamacare bill... And I'm guessing they cut his throat, told him they were going to ruin his reputation and career unless he resigned immediately.

The Libs just couldn't risk the House vote on a guy who would stand up to Obama's Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel.

So. Massa is going to be on FOX Tuesday night on the Glenn Beck show, which is pretty incongruous... VERY SELDOM does Beck invite Liberals on his show.

Too bad I dropped my cable service a while back. No big deal, I'll download the show later, if it turns out to be a blockbuster.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/9/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Sorry, pumpkinorange already had this video on his comment.

Good post po. I usually try to check all links first.

[edit on 3/9/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Hey, I finally found the video of Massa on YouTube.

ereugo-

I already posted all this previously.
Guess I am on End's "ignore" list.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by pumpkinorange]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
So, democrats do eat their young. Massa will be on Beck this evening to discuss the situation. It should be interesting.

One crass joke at a wedding party and the man is steam rolled and yet Rangel still walks the halls ensconced in Purple Velvet Robes. The bully tactics of this administration are certainly setting a new standard for low brow politics in DC.

Why was Rahm using the congressional showers? Perhaps a little clean up after meating with Barney Frank, another stellar example of someone running around the Hill unchecked.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well, chalk up ATS for another scoop and discussion ahead of the talking heads. This time we beat out Hannity

Big applause to ATS for connecting the dots.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This is a lot of words and such that amount to what appears to be nothing?

what's the point? one guy is the barrier to health care reform? really?

how stupid does the OP think people are?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

I hear he will be on Larry King tonight (Tuesday) as well (as on Glen Beck).

[edit on 9-3-2010 by pumpkinorange]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Let me get this $#&( $#(#) %#()@&% straight, someone %$(##%) (%@#&% swears and hurts someones feelings and he is ousted.
[edit on 3/8/2010 by endisnighe]

(1) He wasn't investigated for potentially being gay.
(2) He was investigated because of complaints from Male staffers.
(3) Rumors had been circulating for over 8 months
(4) He immediately resigned when he became aware of the investigation rather than allow a full ethics probe, further witnesses to be interviewed etc.
(5) He is not the deciding vote on healthcare...all moderates are largely undecided at this stage. He has dellusions of grandeur.

Massa resigns..

"In the incredibly toxic atmosphere that is Washington D.C., with the destruction of our elected leaders having become a blood sport, especially in talk radio and on the Internet, there is also no doubt that an ethics investigation would tear my family and my staff apart,"

www.reuters.com...

Why would an ethics probe "tear his family apart"?

And you have to love how he complains of the toxicity of our current politics with "talk radio" etc and then immediately goes on the talk show circuit slamming his former colleugues.

add to that...

The congressman said he sometimes shared hotel beds with a male staffer to save money.

content.usatoday.com...

According to Massa, this is what the complaint is about

a staff member made an intonation to me that maybe I should be chasing after the bridesmaid and his points were clear and his words were far more colorful than that,” Massa said. “And I grabbed the staff member sitting next to me and said, ‘Well, what I really ought to be doing is fracking you.’ And then [I] tossled the guy’s hair and left, went to my room, because I knew the party was getting to a point where it wasn’t right for me to be there.

www.rollcall.com...

If my boss "tossled my hair" and said he wanted to (bleep) me...well I don't think I'd find it funny.

If I went to a political conference with my boss and discovered he had only reserved one room with a single bed for the both of us...to "save money" I don't think I'd find that funny either.

And this is just what he admits to...what would an ethics probe reveal? We will never know because he resigned. Get it?

The right can embrace this guy all they want and tout him as a victim of the Obama administrations sinister agenda.

Critical and objective thinking goes out the window when it comes to Limbaughs and Beck's of the world and they know thier loyal followers don't care much for facts anyways.

IMO - This guy Massa needs to shut his mouth and get his house in order.

The more he stays in the spotlight the more his male staffers are thinking about whether they should go public with what they know/experienced.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
So, democrats do eat their young.

You mean police their own? Don't you? They didn't oust him. they made him aware of an Ethics Probe and he chose to resign. Why? Before you say to avoid controversy or putting his family in the spotlight...think about what he is doing now.

Originally posted by jibeho
One crass joke at a wedding party and the man is steam rolled

That and forcing male staffers to share a bed with him while on the road.
He has admitted to that so far.

Also..that "joke"? I qouted Massa's version of what he said above. Am I the only one that can't find what's funny about it? I have never had a few drinks and turned to a buddy and said I wanted to (Bleep) them?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I was under the impression that he didn't agree with the healthcare bill not because the entire thing is ridiculous, but because it wasn't LIBERAL ENOUGH for him. So, in effect, he wants government healthcare for everyone, but the way the bill stands now is too conservative for him. That's my understanding thus far.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
This must be the point where things will really start to get ugly -- u-g-l-y.

His departure will effectively lower the number of votes that Hoyer and Democratic leaders need to corral for passing the legislation. Two members have resigned -- former representatives Neil Abercrombie (D), who is running for Hawaii governor, and Robert Wexler (D-Fla.), who took a think-tank position -- and John P. Murtha (D-Pa.) died last month.

Without Massa, there will now be just 431 members of the House, lowering the number of votes for a majority to 216. If Massa were still in office, a majority would require 217 votes.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Don't be surprised if some key Representative suddenly dies in a freak accident.
Let's pray for the sake of the people that that doesn't happen. But somehow those who would vote for it or push it start to disappear themselves.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Once clean away all the rightwing talking points you start seeing a different story. Well researched Maybereal11.

There is no evidence that Massa was forced out by the Democrats other than his own personal claims, possibly to steer attention away from his ethics charges.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Yep, the sub humans in D.C. are starting to show their true selves. ALL OF THEM. Democrats and Republicans.

These people are so strange, youre right who would say that to an employee and find it appropriate, but also, who would argue with someone naked in a shower, poking his chest?

I just wouldn't do either, because I've always been under the impression either one of those actions would likely get you beat up....

Apparently we're governed by perverts....?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pumpkinorange
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Here's a couple related radio interview cuts:

"Rep. Massa Blast Dems: He Was Set Up…Hoyer Lied…May Rescind Resignation"
Excerpts:
"It makes me weep when I think our nation is being destroyed from within."
...."You cannot govern this country without the consent of the governed."

www.breitbart.tv...

"Massa: Rahm Emanuel "Would Sell His Own Mother" For Votes"
Excerpt:
"Rahm Emanuel is son of the devil's spawn. (He) would sell his own mother for votes. He would strap his children to the front end of a steam locomotive."

www.realclearpolitics.com...

That is awesome language, JUST AWESOME!! I love it when these morons in the White House get their arses handed to them by a Congressman.

Don't count him out for president!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
A few things:

1. I am ex-Navy I find the statements about sailor's language extremely offensive. I demand you resign from what ever job you have and &#$@*&!@#%$& off!

2. If my boss tossled my hair and said "let's have sex" my reply would be "your place or a motel?" (my boss is an extremely good looking woman)

3. This show is just getting warmed up. Should be fun to watch.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Ah yep, here we go:

Its amazing how quick the rightwing media can jump the gun without assuring they have their facts straight.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I suppose that folks can run with the excuse that the Obama deathsquads got to him... maybe drudge will run with that story.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join