It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massa says He was FORCED OUT so Democrats Can Pass Health Care

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Massa says He was Forced Out so Democrats Can Pass Health Care

Rep. Massa says He was Forced Out so Democrats Can Pass Health Care

Rep. Eric Massa (D-N.Y.) prepared to resign his House seat Monday afternoon but not before lobbing a series of unsubstantiated accusations, including that the White House and House leaders conspired to force his resignation in order to boost the chances of passing a health-care bill.

"This is what the country does to their elected leaders? You have my apology and you have my resignation, because I'm a human being, but I will not go quietly into the evening. I will not be ashamed of my actions, other than the fact that I used inappropriate, verbal -- v-e-r-b-a-l -- language," Massa said.

"And I was set up for this from the very, very beginning. If you think that somehow they didn't come after me to get rid of me because my vote is the deciding vote on the health-care bill, then, ladies and gentlemen, you live today in a world that is so innocent as to not understand what is going on in Washington, D.C.," he added.

I LOVE this guy. He's got a mouth on him, and a short fuse.

Here's what he said about his meeting with Obama Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel....

"He started swearing at me in terms and words that I hadn't heard since that crossing-the-line ceremony on the USS New Jersey in 1983 [which was a particularly obscene incident]," Massa said, "and I gave it right back to him in terms and words that I know are physically impossible. I told him to do things that the human anatomy cannot do."

For Godsake, this liberal Congressman has more balls than most of his conservative colleagues — especially when it comes to publicly blowing the whistle on the crooked Healthcare Bill.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/8/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

i wouldnt be surprised at all if obamas thugs ousted him to pass healthcare...obama did say hed stop at NOTHING

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I am not the least bit suprised - Chicago style politics at it's finest. Use bribes, threats etc... anything to smear your enemies and buy your friends.

Be assured - Obama is NO Statesman and his hired henchmen are the devil's minions! God willing, if we survive this onslaught, this may go down as one of the darkest periods in US history!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This must be the point where things will really start to get ugly -- u-g-l-y.

His departure will effectively lower the number of votes that Hoyer and Democratic leaders need to corral for passing the legislation. Two members have resigned -- former representatives Neil Abercrombie (D), who is running for Hawaii governor, and Robert Wexler (D-Fla.), who took a think-tank position -- and John P. Murtha (D-Pa.) died last month.

Without Massa, there will now be just 431 members of the House, lowering the number of votes for a majority to 216. If Massa were still in office, a majority would require 217 votes.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Don't be surprised if some key Representative suddenly dies in a freak accident.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Do you know what Massa did, this so-called act of "sexual harassment"? He shot off his filthy mouth while trading insults with a Congressional staffer. LOL

Massa is a Navy man, and the Navy is renowned for the foul language of its personnel. Massa was no more and no less exercising his freedom of speech, and it was turned into a homoerotic slur that is the foundation of this "sexual harassment" charge.

Fekking ridiculous.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I wouldn't go about making this man some kind of hero till we get all the details out in public. There's more to this story than what has been made public I bet. That being said, this is some "most ethical Congress ever" huh?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Here's a couple related radio interview cuts:

"Rep. Massa Blast Dems: He Was Set Up…Hoyer Lied…May Rescind Resignation"
Excerpts:
"It makes me weep when I think our nation is being destroyed from within."
...."You cannot govern this country without the consent of the governed."

www.breitbart.tv...

"Massa: Rahm Emanuel "Would Sell His Own Mother" For Votes"
Excerpt:
"Rahm Emanuel is son of the devil's spawn. (He) would sell his own mother for votes. He would strap his children to the front end of a steam locomotive."

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Maybe it was also in the last video posted, but Drudge is reporting that Rahm Emanual followed Massa into a shower and while naked started screaming at Massa about healthcare.

Now THAT should be the definition of sexual harassment.

Instead it's just a sample of how they do politics in the obama administration.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Let me get this $#&( $#(#) %#()@&% straight, someone %$(##%) (%@#&% swears and hurts someones feelings and he is ousted.

Yet someone like Rangle the )&$*#) %(#&$ %#()&$ cheats on taxes, takes Corporate paid vacation amongst other things and he has to step down temporarily in a committee.

Yeah, we are the stupidest populace on the planet.

Where are the LEO's, shouldn't you guys being doing your jobs?

What is it that you guys swore to uphold?

Why has no one been arrested yet in this and past administrations?

Explain that to me LEO's, too busy ticketing that 68 year old retiree?

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Mon Mar 8 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

edit to change nation to planet

[edit on 3/8/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by pumpkinorange

Excerpt:
"Rahm Emanuel is son of the devil's spawn. (He) would sell his own mother for votes. He would strap his children to the front end of a steam locomotive."

Gotta admit, I do like that quote though.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Mon Mar 8 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Maybe it was also in the last video posted, but Drudge is reporting that Rahm Emanual followed Massa into a shower and while naked started screaming at Massa about healthcare.
Now THAT should be the definition of sexual harassment.

Yes, it's here:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Let me get this $#&( $#(#) %#()@&% straight, someone %$(##%) (%@#&% swears and hurts someones feelings and he is ousted.

Yet someone like Rangle the )&$*#) %(#&$ %#()&$ cheats on taxes, takes Corporate paid vacation amongst other things and he has to step down temporarily in a committee.

Yeah, we are the stupidest populace in the nation.

Where are the LEO's, shouldn't you guys being doing your jobs?

What is it that you guys swore to uphold?

Why has no one been arrested yet in this and past administrations?

Explain that to me LEO's, too busy ticketing that 68 year old retiree?

I have to believe some of Massa's rant, something about this isn't passing muster. And for him to be outing the Whitehouse like that says if he's going down, he's taking everyone with him and explaining how it works in washington.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Thank you Doc for posting this. I had just started to look into this story and had to take a break. Glad to see someone had caught the ball.

I believe we are starting to get a clearer picture as to just what is going on with this HealthCare Reform and are entering a no holds barred arena here. I had posted a thread a few days ago that went absolutely nowhere. (Par for the course for me it seems)

But now maybe we can look back at SkepticOverlord's big shock thread"Damn the Country, Obama Must Fail" with a little more hindsight.

The writing is on the wall. Guess it all depends if people want to look and see things for themselves.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Massa is a Navy man, and the Navy is renowned for the foul language of its personnel. Massa was no more and no less exercising his freedom of speech, and it was turned into a homoerotic slur that is the foundation of this "sexual harassment" charge.
Fekking ridiculous.

Doc catch this:
(I have buffering problems with it.)
Guess Emanuel thinks he owns the Massa.
(Former congressman) Rahm Emanuel counsels "Congressman Eric Massa on a trip to upstate New York during Massa's run for Congress in 2006. Emanuel scolds Massa for appearing too angry before potential voters."
"Rahm Emanuel inspects Congressman Eric Massa"

[edit on 8-3-2010 by pumpkinorange]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Obama's health care plan is grounds for a civil war in this country, a mean Balkan affair. Democrats deserve to swing by their necks from light posts.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Found a quote from Massa

"You have my apology and you have my resignation, because I'm a human being, but I will not go quietly into the evening. I will not be ashamed of my actions, other than the fact that I used inappropriate, verbal -- v-e-r-b-a-l -- language," he said. "And I was set up for this from the very, very beginning. If you think that somehow they didn't come after me to get rid of me because my vote is the deciding vote on the health-care bill, then, ladies and gentlemen, you live today in a world that is so innocent as to not understand what is going on in Washington, D.C."

This from this link-Former congressman Massa says Democrats set him up over health care

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Looks like he is really living up to his "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste" comment.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This is the kind of "Liberal" I could get behind (provided I didnt have real conservative to vote for :lol
!

Give'em hell Massa! Tell rahm to stuff it!

wait....you did !!!

Do any of you remember the "spook" at the first of "apocalypse now" with martin sheen? the 30ish white haired dude with the "weird" eyes of a killer?

Reminds me of Rahm. Check it out. See what you think!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Another article-Naked shower-room confrontation laid bare in Massa's parting shots

Clip from the article-

Massa said Emanuel came up to him last year, shortly after he entered Congress, while he was trying to clean himself to give him grief about a budget vote. "I'm sitting there showering, naked as a jaybird, and here comes Rahm Emanuel, not even with a towel wrapped around his tush, poking his finger in my chest, yelling at me because I wasn't gonna vote for the president's budget," Massa said. "Do you know how awkward it is to have a political argument with a naked man?... It's ridiculous." He continued, "By the way, what the heck is he doing in the congressional gym? He goes there to intimidate members of Congress." Read more: www.nypost.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
According to Massa's site, he had already decided to resign due to health reason's prior to this, but once he found out about this smear campaign, he had to speak out. I visited his site, sounds like a stand up guy.

Massa's House Gov site

Two days ago as I sat reading my new annual CAT scan, having been told that the anomalies in the films may or may not be scar tissue, I decided to finally take the advice that my doctors have repeatedly given me, and that is to take care of my family and myself before my profession. After I decided not to run again I was told, for the first time, that a member of my staff believed I had made statements that made him feel “uncomfortable.” I was told that a report had been filed with the Congressional Ethics Committee. At no point prior to this had any member of the Ethics Committee communicated with me directly - if fact I first read it on the internet.

Massa' recollection of the night/event in question;

politico

Seems to me that the witch hunt had already began after the first time he voted against it and he just beat them to the gun and resigned himself.....leaving the House Dems with egg splatteedr face........brilliant......

But more importantly, you guys also realize that the reason Massa would/did vote AGAINST the healthcare bill is because it wasn't liberal enough, right?

again Massa's House Gov site

Rep. Massa had several concerns because the legislation did not meet several of his key objectives, including guaranteed universal access for all Americans and an assurance of individual affordability. While this bill does contain a public option, it is far from a "robust" one and Rep. Massa pledged, in a letter months ago, to vote against anything less than that. The public option in this bill is available for only about 2% of the American population and its premium rates will match private health insurance, guaranteeing no effective competition in the marketplace.

Additionally, he thinks that this bill, if signed into law, will not do enough to regulate the private for-profit health insurance industry and will actually empower them further. This is a major problem with the legislation as far as he is concerned. During the months of public debate on this topic, Rep. Massa called for the health insurance industry to be able to write plans across state lines and, while this bill partially addresses this, it does not lift this exemption outright. As such, he views this as a half measure rather than true interstate competition and believes that the goals of interstate competition will not be realized.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join