It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizen's Arrest of Alleged War Criminal George W. Bush in Canada

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123
Everybody knows what they did. The fact that no court has indicted them doesn't mean they didn't do it. Just means that like most of the power elite, they can get away with murder because nobody has the stones to do what's right.

Everybody?

My logical side seeks the empirical evidence that would be presented in a court of law to show what they did.

I know you were just making a point, but you blanketed the statement and based it upon your beliefs that 'they' did 'it'.

Who is they? What is 'it' that they did?

--------------

Side note: This is all for an expansion on your argument and not a pro/con piece. If there is evidence, beyond speculative and circumstantial, I would love to see it. Just remember, even I can connect dots with the stars and make any picture I wish, but that does not conclusively mean that they were connected in the right pattern.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I cannot help but agree with you here. There would be a hell of a lot less smear campaigns against truth movement personages, if the 9/11 terror attacks were a cut and dry case. It is foolish to just accept the original reports on face value, specialy since so many engineers and physicists have outright said that the collapses of the towers and surroundings are not consistant with the evidence , and cannot have been caused by the planes impacting the buildings, or the resultant fires.
There is much unexplained about the incident, and until it is a matter of public record, EXACTLY what happened to cause those collapses (WTC7? WTF was that about ? ) then there will always be a shadow over the ENTIRE war on terror, caused as it was by the atrocity .
The implications for the rest of the anti terror war, if 9/11 was an inside job, are nothing short of staggering, but apart from that, it means that someone very high up caused the deaths of thousands of innocent people in thier own nation. Think about it. Thats the exact same crime as people accused saddam of. Really take that thought for a walk here for a moment, before throwing me to the lions. Its worth a thought, worth considering. Do you trust George Bush , or dont you ?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Here is a picture of the time he was arrested

This video is before the arrest

Here is the You Tube video of his arrest

The guy is famously known as "Splitting The Sky".

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
The article never did say what he is accused of - just what they were accusing GW of. Any idea?

I am afraid I have not been able to find the info. on what charges was he arrested. He later paid bail though.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
The article never did say what he is accused of - just what they were accusing GW of. Any idea?

Just for being GW apparently.

I like how they claim he is a criminal, when no valid court has declared him that - apparently the OP has never heard of innocent until proven guilty and does not agree with it anyway!

[edit on 8/3/10 by dereks]

.. and u have ofc law abiding citizen peace of .. u know

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
A citizen's arrest is a legal thing in Canada AND we have federal laws that state he must be arrested for allegations of torture and war crimes.

When Bush visited Ottawa in 2004, Davidson, a Vancouver lawyer, filed a criminal information, a sworn document used to initiate a criminal proceeding. But charges must first be approved by the attorney general and the Canadian government claimed Bush had diplomatic immunity as a head of state. With that protection now aside, legal experts argue the possibility exists for Canada to prosecute Bush under the principle of universal jurisdiction, similar to what was used to arrest and indict former Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet in Britain. (See link)

In a letter to the RCMP war crimes section and copied to Prime Minister Stephen Harper, Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff and other federal ministers and opposition MPs, the Lawyers Against the War group claims that Bush is "inadmissible to Canada . . . because of overwhelming evidence that he has committed, outside Canada, torture and other offences" as detailed in Canada's War Crimes Act. (See link www.commondreams.org... or www.canada.com... or www.calgaryherald.com... )

"The federal government is keeping silent on the upcoming visit," reported Canadian magazine See. "'We have no comments to offer on the visit of Mr. George W. Bush to Calgary,' said Foreign Affairs spokesperson Alain Cacchione in an e-mail. When told about Davidson's letter, a spokesperson with the Canadian Border Services Agency said 'we wouldn't comment on something like that.'" - (See link - rawstory.com... )

Olberman interview with the lawyer pushing this

And Michel Chossudovsky on Splitting The Sky

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I firmly belive he orchestrated 9/11, and afghanistan.

I have to pull yea there ziggy1706, G Bush could'n orchestra Boiling an egg! the man's an idiot! no its the feckers who pulled his strings, an I think yea know who they are, peace

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
GWB is a war criminal, endorsed torture along with Dick Cheney, etc.

In your fantasy world perhaps, however in the real world courts decide guilt or innocence - and we can see how you hate that fact!

Of course you don't care about corruption in government. So long as you can buy a judge or two and declare wrong to be right. And you are only here to derail this thread.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Care to point out exactly which convention/paragraph his war broke?
en.wikipedia.org...

Oh you want link to websites such as wikipedia, okay

I may not be aware of further technicalities but when even the UN General openly stated Iraq war was illegal and breached UN charter, says Annan will I believe him or believe Bush regime and Blair's advocates who even "fabricated" the reason of the whole war.

Can any of you deny this and say with a straight face the war was not a "illegal conspiracy" right from the start?
*Bush Advisers Planned Iraq War Since 1990s
*Bush Planned Iraq 'Regime Change' Before Becoming President
*Bush 'plotted Iraq war from start'
*Wolfowitz Admits Iraq War Planned Two Days After 9-11
Sure many people can say it was legal, but when the "whole world says it's illegal then the whole world is not wrong".

This was nothing except Criminal Conspiracy with intent to cause destabilization on a major scale in Middle East. It was Bush & Blair's "Final Solution" just for profits and business interest, nothing more and nothing less. The greed of money and power covered their eyes soo much they continued committing
* War crimes (Mass murder of civilian population & POWs, rape, looting)
* Crimes against humanity (On Civilians and POW aka Abu Gharihb and other black sites)
* Crimes of Genocide (Intent to destroy in whole or in part)
* Crimes against peace (Waging war of aggression and violation of international treaties)
* Crime of torture (planning, authorizing torture,deliberately disregarding their duty to take adequate steps to prevent atrocities)

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE
I firmly belive he orchestrated 9/11, and afghanistan.

I have to pull yea there ziggy1706, G Bush could'n orchestra Boiling an egg! the man's an idiot! no its the feckers who pulled his strings, an I think yea know who they are, peace

The final picture of the whole 'story' of bush and his people before and after him what they have done to the people of Earth, in my beliefs i think we cant win this hollywood war ever. EVER!

peace

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I actually gave up on justice till now, they are finally going to put Bush on trial, that speaks for itself.

Let's hope this gets somewhere, but then again this could be fake, just a ploy..

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm
reply to post by SLAYER69

Stop playing dumb.

It's 1 Million Deaths.

As I stated earlier that report is flawed.

Iraqi War Casualty Statistics Under the Microscope

January 11, 2008 11:54 AM

Newsmagazine National Journal claims statistics for the civilian death toll in Iraq were inflated by esteemed medical publication The Lancet. The scientific journal defends its peer review process.

30-Second Summary
In October 2006, The Lancet published a study that put the number of war-related deaths at around 655,000—a figure 10 times higher than earlier statistics from human rights watchdogs, the Pentagon and Iraqi officials.

Furthermore, the National Journal piece said that one of The Lancet study’s chief data collectors and article co-author Riyadh Lafta was an official in Iraq’s Ministry of Health under Iraqi President Saddam Hussein. This might indicate a conflict of interest.

Questions of political bias aside, the debate over the validity of the statistics has led some to question the medical journal’s peer-review process. National Journal writers Neil Munro and Carl Cannon alleged that Richard Horton, editor of The Lancet, fast-tracked the article past the journal’s usual meticulous rounds of fact-checking “without seeing the surveyors’ original data.”

Here is one for you that puts it at 50.000 deaths as of 2006. So over 950.000+ were killed between 2006 and 08. Do you have any idea how glaring of a problem that many bodies would have been?

They would have to have piled them up like firewood in the streets.

War's Iraqi Death Toll Tops 50,000

June 25, 2006
BAGHDAD — At least 50,000 Iraqis have died violently since the 2003 U.S.-led invasion, according to statistics from the Baghdad morgue, the Iraqi Health Ministry and other agencies — a toll 20,000 higher than previously acknowledged by the Bush administration.

Many more Iraqis are believed to have been killed but not counted because of serious lapses in recording deaths in the chaotic first year after the invasion, when there was no functioning Iraqi government, and continued spotty reporting nationwide since.

The toll, which is mostly of civilians but probably also includes some security forces and "insurgents"

So in 2006 the Iraqi Ministry of Health lead by Riyadh Lafta Makes two statements. One claiming 50.000 then they turn around and support the Lancet report claiming 650.000+.

So which is it?

You don't suppose that Riyadh Lafta may have been politically motivated do you?

No couldn't have been.

At least that report counts the insurgents among the civilians killed. It and your argument for "Millions Killed" FAIL to account for all the civilians killed by the Iranian trained and equipped foreign insurgents. That's about as close as we have seen to giving Iran the credit they deserve.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Brother there going to play dumb, They know W, will never be arrested, and here is why. The Iraqi War was never illegal it was sanctioned By the US Congress and The security Consul... Now if you don’t believe me will read these for yourself.

UN Security Council Resolutions 1441 . en.wikipedia.org...

And From the Horse’s mouth itself.
www.un.org...

Now because I don’t bow to any organization that isn’t American and I believe the UN it’s just some dumb rubber stamp to keep the politicians and third world nations happy.. I give to The US congress authorization for war on Iraq.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.c-span.org...
www.sourcewatch.org...

Now I know some of you goof balls are not going to be happy about this and will then go on and say that Bush and the CIA lied about the WMDs. Because you have a short memory I give you this.

From Russia archive.newsmax.com...

Now here is a list of US leaders that went on to say Saddam Had WMDs from Ted Kennedy to Al Gore... Also at the bottom his a blurb of other nations Intel reports where mixed signals were sent.

wiki.answers.com...

Now I should state that While I think the Government Mainly the Intel community, lied about Saddams WMD program, I should also note that WMDs were not the only reason we went in there see UN Order 1441. Should we have gone into to Iraq... No Saddam was a good buffer for Iran... But we are there ( I fought there) we should finish the mission and leave Iraq... Not like Vietnam were the Politicians lost the war but the Military won it... War Sucks only those who have fought and the families destroyed by it no better than anyone else… It also sucks to fight it then lose it because the politicians get in the way. Ask Hitlers Generals or General Westmorland.

Now as far as the Canadian good job eh... Next time sue in court or something, but since Bush is powerful nothing will come of it no since in getting your panties in a bundle and getting arrested run for office and get him that way.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Cant believe I am talking about the absurd notion of statistics on the illegal war but lies have to be exposed.

Here is the total stats as was presented by each body

What noone actually reported was the systematic underreporting of death causalities

On February 24, 2009 Morning Edition discussed what a Baghdad central morgue statistics office worker reported to them:

the number of deaths the morgue registers never corresponds with numbers from the Ministry of Health or the Ministry of Interior. "They do it on purpose," he says. "I would go home and look at the news. The ministry would say 10 people got killed all over Iraq, while I had received in that day more than 50 dead bodies just in Baghdad. It's always been like that — they would say one thing but the reality was much worse."

A June 25, 2006 Los Angeles Times article reported:

"Many more Iraqis are believed to have been killed but not counted because of serious lapses in recording deaths. ... The Times attempted to reach a comprehensive figure by obtaining statistics from the Baghdad morgue and the Health Ministry and checking those numbers against a sampling of local health departments for possible undercounts."

An October 19, 2006 Washington Post article reports:

"The deaths reported by officials and published in the news media represent only a fraction of the thousands of mutilated bodies winding up in Baghdad's overcrowded morgue each month. ... Bodies are increasingly being dumped in and around Baghdad in fields staked out by individual Shiite militias and Sunni insurgent groups. Iraqi security forces often refuse to go to the dumping grounds, leaving the precise number of bodies in those sites unknown. Civilian deaths, unlike those of American troops, often go unrecorded."

What's funny is how these bodies reported the toll under pressure from US govt as The Australian reported in a January 2, 2007 article

that Iraqi government casualty estimates include "people killed in bombings and shootings but not deaths classed as 'criminal'." Also, they "include no deaths among the many civilians wounded in attacks who may die later from wounds. Nor do they include many people kidnapped whose fate remains unknown."

Infact a November 7, 2004 press release concerning the October 2004 Lancet study the Iraq Body Count project (IBC) states: "We have always been quite explicit that our own total is certain to be an underestimate of the true position, because of gaps in reporting or recording".

Infact the criminal troops under reported the count themselves as was reported by a reporter:

"A week before she was killed by a suicide bomber, humanitarian worker Marla Ruzicka forced military commanders to admit they did keep records of Iraqi civilians killed by US forces. ... in an essay Ms Ruzicka wrote a week before her death on Saturday and published yesterday, the 28-year-old revealed that a Brigadier General told her it was 'standard operating procedure' for US troops to file a report when they shoot a non-combatant. She obtained figures for the number of civilians killed in Baghdad between 28 February and 5 April [2005], and discovered that 29 had been killed in firefights involving US forces and insurgents. This was four times the number of Iraqi police killed."

Source:Aid Worker Uncovered America's Secret Tally of Iraqi Civilian Deaths

The December 2006 report of the Iraq Study Group (ISG) found that the United States has filtered out reports of violence in order to disguise its policy failings in Iraq.

From the ISG report itself: "A murder of an Iraqi is not necessarily counted as an attack. If we cannot determine the source of a sectarian attack, that assault does not make it into the database. A roadside bomb or a rocket or mortar attack that doesn't hurt U.S. personnel doesn't count."

Last but not least According to Project Censored, the undercounting and underreporting of Iraqi casualties has led to a widespread belief among the United States public that very few Iraqis have been killed, with an average "estimate" of under 10,000 reported by an Associated Press poll in February, 2007. This survey was, itself, not reported in the mass media, even by the Associated Press.
Source: Over One Million Iraqi Deaths Caused by US Occupation

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

A citizen's arrest is a legal thing in Canada AND we have federal laws that state he must be arrested for allegations of torture and war crimes.

I explained the concept of a citizen's arrest in my post on page 2 of this thread. If a person were to bring GWB to me, at my police station, I would thank them, and have to release GWB. The Federal Laws that you are mentioning apply to the POLICE and to the GOVERNMENT. Citizen's arrests are not made after investigation, or after obtaining information, they are to be made when the offense is being committed.... Read my post, read the law, and it will be much clearer...

Magnum

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
An October 19, 2006 Washington Post article reports:

"The deaths reported by officials and published in the news media represent only a fraction of the thousands of mutilated bodies winding up in Baghdad's overcrowded morgue each month. ... Bodies are increasingly being dumped in and around Baghdad in fields staked out by individual Shiite militias and Sunni insurgent groups. Iraqi security forces often refuse to go to the dumping grounds, leaving the precise number of bodies in those sites unknown. Civilian deaths, unlike those of American troops, often go unrecorded."

I love it, when people read that kind of report they assume those casualties are caused by US forces. Hogwash.

From that very same article.

READING?

The one-day toll, part of what the U.S. military has said is a 43 percent increase in attacks on U.S. and Iraqi forces in the capital since midsummer, occurred as casualties among Iraqi troops and civilians are soaring far higher than at any previous time in the war, according to U.S. and Iraqi tallies.

Thursday morning, a suicide attacker drove an oil tanker into the Abu Tammam police station in Mosul, collapsing part of the building, triggering a huge fireball and killing 12 people, Iraqi police officials said. Smaller attacks were launched on four other police facilities in the city at about the same time, officials said. In the northern city of Kirkuk, a car bomb targeting a group of Iraqi soldiers in a crowded market area killed at least eight people and wounded scores more, Reuters reported.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Actually yes they were caused by illegal invasion. Before the illegal invasion there was no such high terrorism or sectarian violence in Iraq on daily basis. I think this should have made it clear

''This is your farewell kiss, you dog. This is for the widows and orphans of Iraq''

You perhaps forgot to see the other given links which exposes how the figures were under reported by corrupt officials

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Not illegal read by above post, if you would like I can copy and past it for you....

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Also, I must add that I watched the videos of the gentleman's arrest. It looks to me like he is actually trying to get inside the building behind the officers. He first walked relatively peacefully towards the officers telling them his opinion as to what they should be doing and then tries to barge through them to do it himself. Sorry, don't try to barge the officers, don't try to assault them directly or indirectly. Even if it's not intended towards the officers.

Possible Charges :

Causing a Disturbance Art. 175 a) i) Criminal Code of Canada
Assault Police Art. 270 Criminal Code of Canada
Obstruct police Art. 129 Criminal Code of Canada

These are possible charges. These are the ones I would have put in the information (the paper that goes to the court for charges) if I were the investigating officer.

Magnum

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

As I stated earlier those sources are quoting the flawed lancing report and the Iraqi "Ministry of Health"

Here is an eye opener

Cute pic.
Let's not forget who was aiding those insurgents which by the way haven't yet received the credit they deserve for their part of the death and destruction in Iraq.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d8bf80cfb375.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

Not illegal read by above post, if you would like I can copy and past it for you....

The former UN General Kofi Annan openly stated Iraq war was illegal and breached UN charter, says Annan will I believe him or you?. Ye you got the answer.

Regards the UN charter refer to my this post in which I have explained in detail why the war was illegal
Post 1 Post 2 Post 3 Post 4 Post 5.

After you go through them you will realise why I didn't replied to your resolution post in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join