It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizen's Arrest of Alleged War Criminal George W. Bush in Canada

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

S & F

I am surprised nobody has referenced Vincent Bugliosi's "The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder" Anybody playing dumb to Bush's guilt (leading up to the Iraq war, and beyond) may want to read this book.

On second thought, anybody playing dumb to Bush's guilt should take a shower, and go to bed. I'm sure they'll have no trouble getting to sleep.

Let the character assassination begin.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by CRASHPROJECT]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Can anyone here show me one war where there were not interrogations or 'torture'? Anyone? I think many of you do not realize the brutalities of war. You want to convict Bush of the same things you ignore that every world leader that has ever presided over a war has done and authorized. It shows the hypocrisy, illogical and intellectual dishonesty of this movement and the people involved in it.

I'm sure most ATS members are not naive enough to believe torture isn't an inherent part of war. That still DOESN'T make it right...

Why are you presuming anyone to be ignoring the fact that other world leaders have authorized torture? I haven't read any posts that suggest it's okay for other leaders to give their blessings for torture, but not for Bush.

I see no hypocrisy or illogical and intellectual dishonesty here. What I see is Americans trying to obtain justice for acts that portray America as cruel and barbaric. I thought America was supposed to represent a higher level of respect for human life, as opposed to stooping to the level of animals.

What next, we'll just start lopping off our opponents heads on camera and sending the footage to the enemy country simply because other leaders think it's okay to do it?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
If we can give the Gitmo guys rights, how about giving our President his rights.

But he never gave them their rights.

So why should we give him his?

That's the whole issue. He abducted them from foreign countries, actually this is still happening under the current administration, and shipped them off and just started torturing them with no good evidence.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Does two wrongs make a right?

actually this is still happening under the current administration, and shipped them off and just started torturing them with no good evidence.

Does that mean Obama is a criminal as well?

The problem with this is that we could argue the same thing over and over again. Nobody wins. All we can go by is the evidence released thus far. What about the evidence that is still under seal?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Does two wrongs make a right?

It's not two wrongs. It's one wrong that results in legal action which is right.

Does that mean Obama is a criminal as well?

Yes.

Again, you people who think this is a partisan issue for me, just the fact that you still buy into partisan politics at all frankly disgusts me. Turn off the CNN and the FOX and stop listening to Hannity. They are killing your brain.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

That's the whole issue. He abducted them from foreign countries, actually this is still happening under the current administration, and shipped them off and just started torturing them with no good evidence.

Yes, and let us not forget . . .

Wasn't the whole reason behind the torture presumed to be for obtaining statements that supported the Iraq/terrorist connection and WMD so that Americans would give a thumbs up to war? Nothing even remotely unethical about that, right (***rolling eyes***)

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Yes, and let us not forget . . .

Wasn't the whole reason behind the torture presumed to be for obtaining statements that supported the Iraq/terrorist connection and WMD so that Americans would give a thumbs up to war? Nothing even remotely unethical about that, right (***rolling eyes***)
originally posted by NightGypsy

The reason behind any torture during war is to extract information (or really effed up psyops but thats besides the point) anyway well torture is a necessary evil do you know how to effectivley coerce your enemy into just telling you vital information that might be useful in saving lives and ENDING wars I know I dont know of another way

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Turn off the CNN and the FOX and stop listening to Hannity. They are killing your brain.

Hard to do when none of the above applies.

Again, you people who think this is a partisan issue for me, just the fact that you still buy into partisan politics at all frankly disgusts me.

Not one of you people and it's not partisan for me.

I would just hate that people could call me a criminal without due process.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

There is enough evidence to convict Bush of murder.

Vincent Bugliosi presents this evidence in his book "The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder."

"Bugliosi argues that Bush intentionally misled Congress and the American people about the evidence that he said mandated going into Iraq and overthrowing Saddam Hussein. Therefore, Bugliosi argues, the deaths of over 4,000 American soldiers and 100,000 Iraqi civilians since hostilities began (as of spring 2008) amount at the very least to second-degree murder. He further states that any of the 50 state attorneys general, as well as any district attorney in the United States, has ample grounds to indict Bush for the murder of any soldier or soldiers who live in their state or county." (CounterPunch, 2008-05-28)

[edit on 8-3-2010 by CRASHPROJECT]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Again, you people who think this is a partisan issue for me, just the fact that you still buy into partisan politics at all frankly disgusts me. Turn off the CNN and the FOX and stop listening to Hannity. They are killing your brain.

I know what you mean. I get the same frequently. You speak up about unscrupulous acts by a Republican president and all of a sudden your deemed an extreme left liberal.

. . . As if you wouldn't feel the same if Bush had been a Democrat.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CRASHPROJECT

Is it possible that maybe President Bush was misled and unintentionally misled congress just for the sake of asking is their irrefutable proof to the contrary?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CRASHPROJECT

There is enough evidence to convict Bush of murder.

Not saying there isn't. However, is all that evidence acceptable in a court of law.
Furthermore, did this writer have authorization to classified material that could prove otherwise.

IMO, hard to write a book about how someone is guilty without seeing all the evidence.

He further states that any of the 50 state attorneys general, as well as any district attorney in the United States, has ample grounds to indict Bush for the murder of any soldier or soldiers who live in their state or county. (CounterPunch, 2008-05-28)

And it doesn't surprise you that no one has tried? Seems to me many of you should be madder at them than Bush for not doing their job.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

The reason behind any torture during war is to extract information (or really effed up psyops but thats besides the point) anyway well torture is a necessary evil do you know how to effectivley coerce your enemy into just telling you vital information that might be useful in saving lives and ENDING wars I know I dont know of another way

It will be silly to travel down this road. You know as well as I do that the credibility of information obtained through torture is highly debatable. I wonder how many wars have ended as a direct result of torture? Do you know this number?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Exactly.
I do however think the Canadian had a pair, good for him. I think it's kinda cool that he attempted it.

Originally posted by CRASHPROJECT
Therefore, Bugliosi argues, the deaths of over 4,000 American soldiers and 100,000 Iraqi civilians since hostilities began (as of spring 2008)

OK so now we went from "Millions Killed" to "200.000 killed" now we are down to "100.000"

That's why I pointed it out Emerald!

[edit on 8-3-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by bsbray11
GWB is a war criminal, endorsed torture along with Dick Cheney, etc.

In your fantasy world perhaps, however in the real world courts decide guilt or innocence - and we can see how you hate that fact!

Unfortunantly in this real world half the courts are too corrupt and the other half are too scared to bring this man to justice.

But even if what you say is true, it still does not give any of you the right to claim anyone else is a criminal.

Turn it around. What if someone else decides just on their whim to declare YOU a criminal.

See the slippery slope you are creating just because you hate Bush?

I find this an interesting exchange...GW is not a criminal. That aside, as centurion explains...eloquently I might add...this is a darn blind box canyon you are flying down. There is no return from this if it goes forward. No leader of any kind im any country will ever be safe to make any decision again.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Is it possible that maybe President Bush was misled and unintentionally misled congress just for the sake of asking is their irrefutable proof to the contrary?

That's the part that gets murky. Sometimes, I wonder how informed Bush really was, being that he's as dumb as a stump to begin with. Anyone who believes this man to be some mastermind of this whole fiasco is totally overlooking the big picture. I'd say it's probably going to be easier to prove those below him were responsible for the deceptive information than it will be to prove Bush himself was entirely in the know.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

When he repeatedly said Saddam Hussein and 9/11 in the same breath? So much so that he had to begrudgingly say this was not the case, long after "Mission Accomplished". Think back to the lead up to the war with Iraq. Think of the media blitz by his appointees. You think Condi was saying what she was saying on her own? Bush and by association, his administration, misled Congress, and the American people.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Not one of you people and it's not partisan for me.

If partisanship is totally out of your mind then why did you assume I would respond differently to Obama allowing it than Bush allowing it?

Then you should agree that the way they are abducting people without due process and then sending them to military prisons to be tortured is wrong.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I think it's definitely murky and questionable that Bush/Obama have all the information. They have the "necessary" information as determined by aides... I think it quite logical that Bush/Obama are fed relevant, though not complete information gathered by many different agencies and government contacts and it would be not unheard of to have missing data. Not to mention being fed misinformation by foreign heads of state.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I do however think the Canadian had a pair, good for him. I think it's kinda cool that he attempted it.

I agree. Like someone from Canada pointed out earlier in this thread, however, citizens' arrests usually have to be made at the time the crime is occurring. That's how it is in the U.S. as well. So, this poor Canadian and his "pair" were engaging in an exercise in futility, I'm afraid.

If nothing else, it got publicity (and it got the Canadian some bruises, probably). That's something, anyway.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join