It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question For God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kawacat
reply to post by spy66

Since there is nothing that God (or the creator, or whatever name...) cannot do, God can certainly hide.

If this entity is all-knowing, all-seeing, and all-everything, certainly it is possible for this being to hide.

Only from those who don't look.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
He is the GOD who hides (it's written just that way)...
and there are a couple things GOD cannot do:
Deny Himself (undo anything) and
Tell a Lie (His Word is Truth)!

reply to post by kawacat

You're about to be shown,
what he said to all- I say to you; "Watch".

[edit on 2010/3/8 by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

reply to post by spy66

Since there is nothing that God (or the creator, or whatever name...) cannot do, God can certainly hide.

If this entity is all-knowing, all-seeing, and all-everything, certainly it is possible for this being to hide.

If you really think about it. God cant hide from you. Only you can hide from God. With the help of your mind.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

YES, you are so tight, tac.

Get rid of 'religion', which is a false concept made by people who want to rule the world, and everything would be OK.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kawacat

There's only 0ne who has made agreement with us all in death,
live as you like and be distinguished accordingly,
there is no other possibility
evidently.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kawacat

Yep, get the sheep to hate and kill each other and they can reap the rewards of wealth and power.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

YES, you are so tight, tac.

Get rid of 'religion', which is a false concept made by people who want to rule the world, and everything would be OK.

There is nothing wrong with religion. But there is something really wrong with the people who preach it. Its the people who preach who are responsible for what they teach. We are also responsible for knowing good teaching from bad teaching by having knowledge about morality.

We cant blame religion when its we who practice it. We can't blame a book for our actions. That's stupid.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903
This question is for the Christian god since I don't know what other religions teach about god.

My question for god is this, why don't you just make yourself known to the whole world? Putting aside what the Christian bible says I just want to know why god just doesn't make himself known.......

If I may ask, why are you so angry?

There is a thing in journalism called “telling the question.” Are you really asking, or are you making an assertion about what you already believe? I am not trying to spurn you, I merely state the obvious.

I would propose that you have inadvertently answered your own question: “Putting aside what the Christian bible says I just want to know why god just doesn't make himself known.”

If you’re putting aside the bible, then put it aside. Truly. Your question/statement was fallacious in itself. If it upsets you try not to judge God based on the allegories in a book written by men. If you believe God knows well the deceit of men: the thief declares honesty, the liar professes the virtues of truth…men say and do one thing intending another. Do you wonder why He is silent? Do you truly believe these actions are hidden?

Absolutes and faith: never the two shall meet. That is the point. It is not about proof or fear of judgment or lack of evidence or vengeance, etc. I would offer that the world IS hard, doling out lesson after lesson, then reminders just for good measure. That is also the point of it: It is how you choose to embrace love and goodness, and do the right thing DESPITE the doom and gloom that is ever present. Be responsible for your own actions. Try not to blame God for the workings of men.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Auntie Matter

I'm not angry it's just a simple question for the purpose of a debate. I am not an atheist, I am not a monotheist, I am agnostic. Putting aside what the Christian bible says implies to all those who are going to quote from the bible not to bother I know what it says. However, it cannot answer my question.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Yes, Auntie - please stop blaming the Creator and especially Jesus for all that is wrong.

Here I am being Jesus, sorry, but this is me thinking about that crap He went through in the world when He volunteered to die for mankind -

OK, I am Jesus.

I went to the world to try and save the people.

I got villified and crucified.

Why bother about these idiots?

I do bother, and I try and tell them to live according to my teachings - love and gentleness.

But do you think they will listen to me?

Some do, but a lot don't.

And the leaders, the powerful men, just like the moneylenders in the temple, make me so angry.

They will have to pay for their uncaring ways.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
No offense intended OP - your question had an angry ring to it.

In response I would ask, what would change if God made himself known irrefutably to you? Better yet: would your actions change if there was "proof."?

Faith might just be the very test. If you on one side profess God as all-loving, all-forgiving, and if the :God of vengeance" described in the bible doesn't sit well with you, then question that which gives you cause. You will come to terms of your own accord. Not by my sentiments, or anyone else's you will find a forum or otherwise.

Very multi-faceted question. I have to log off now, but I'll check in tomorrow to see where this all goes.

Peace.

edited for clarity

[edit on 8-3-2010 by Auntie Matter]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

My apologies if it did, sometimes emotions can get lost in translation.

If God made himself known irrefutably I would have no problem following him. If the whole story of the bible is true "heaven/hell" I would be a fool not to. Now I'm not really sure what the rest of the world would do, it would be rather interesting don't you think?

But putting that aside, it would take undeniable proof, your not going to go down the Pascal Wager road are you?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
On the most prominent mountain in Arabia we contracted with the Ausies to have built N-4
two radar towers to enforce a no-fly-zone on Iraq, at wars' end it was taken by the Saudis
and converted to a missile guidance system which now ranges Jerusalem -the hair trigger
and we must be thankful that Mount proved to be Sinai
for there at that very place a Covenant was made with the GOD of the Bible:

Written in the Monospace Paleo-Hebrew script connecting the Zodiac fixed stars
the two tablets are completely covered ("graphe'd")
280 characters per side and around the edges where letters are on the lines,
side one has an indent at start and another is on the edge starting place
it is in boustrophedon 14 characters per line for 20 lines
each word ending with a final letter bowing to the next word (there are no spaces)
it is a continual uninterrupted strand down one side over around and back up the other side to the start point.
It is the 5th "Commandment" (actually LAw 'Not' do's) that writes around the edges and it's last letter is the only upturned one.

The two tablets differ in the "sex" of their Sabbath "Commandment" as His is the providence and ours is the reception, and it is carried as a Throne or Marriage chair...
yet it is a 'two-stone standards' agreement -as an understanding for empowerment- which lay together in an Ossuary or "bone box" (burial casket) size "Ark", so it is a 'covenant' in death.

It's good to know there's a solid rock to stand on with a nuclear GOD,
that there is a Name and a Face and a Hand to the other'wise' impersonal force of the Heavens (elsewise thought 'god forbid' the Christian falsehood "Hell")
and thankfully the Name though published and available remains sanctified!
YeShUaA Ha'NeTzaRI U'MeLeCh Ha'YeHUDIM
YHUH
aka"INRI"

[edit on 2010/3/8 by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Probably because if you believe in God you must be some part religious. And whats religion? Faith. So the answer your question. Because its a test of faith, If it were obvious without a doubt then it would be knowledge.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost in the Machine
Probably because if you believe in God you must be some part religious. And whats religion? Faith. So the answer your question. Because its a test of faith, If it were obvious without a doubt then it would be knowledge.

So why would the almighty creator need to test us with faith? What is wrong with knowledge? I hate to use the bible here but seeking knowledge is something it tells people to do.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Seek knowledge.

Forget the bible - written by men and therefore full of lies.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I agree with kawacat. If God were made certain...the test would be unfair.

Instead, small manifestations of God are delivered, and people do what they will with them, ratifying their compliance, or their doom.

You have heard it said: you had Moses and the prophets...

Let them hear what they tune themselves to.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
My question for God is gonna be...

"Why did I have teats?

...since I was born a male, I mean.

However aesthetically pleasing they may be...they don't do nuthin.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
You know as a believer I have to say that is a great question.

It is questions like that, that makes one think with reason. It is very hard to feel separated from him. Some people consider that to be the true Hell. As for him not showing himself to the world I would have to disagree. There is a thread right now about a baby that weighed 1/2 pound and survived. He was there. My oldest daughter weighed 1 pound when she was born. He was there. She is 20 years old now.

To understand the mind of God is impossible, because we are not God. We were made for his pleasure. I know that sounds cold and cruel. Right? But his pleasure is love. We are in the midst of becoming a tolerant society. God is not tolerant, so he sent his Son, out of love, to save the weak. Which is all of us.

People want proof that God exists for many different reasons, but some because they feel abandoned. I can only speak from my experiences and I say with all truth, in order to find or do anything worth while it does not come easily. We want things handed to us on a silver platter as if we deserve reward without toil. It is not like that with anything except inheritance. God is not because of this world. This world is because of God.

Hard lessons are hard earned. You have all my sympathies and hope that you keep seeking like this. After all it is the path you walk that leads you to your own destination.

Good thread. S&F

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I think God isn't here. Has no idea what we're on about. To him we may seem to be merely dreaming. This is certainly a world with no god. He isn't here so he isn't talking. I think we managed to actually find a place (the world) to hide from god. And now we're lost here and can't get back. Too bad. Not God's fault.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join