It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question For God

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by theonlyrusty

I get a kick out of members like you! You see, all I ever read in these "religious" posts are degredations of Christianity. It's always the same type of bashings. "Jesus wasn't real, God is a man-made idea to control the masses, etc. etc." But, I never hear/read anyone degrading Islam, or Buddhism or any other religion. Why do you think that is? Ohhhh, it's because they're soooo perfect- and as long as it's not that damn Christianity it's all good, right? Jeesh. Enough already. Millions of people can't be entirely wrong, now can they? Sure, there is probably some misinformation. However, if you go by the usual conspiracy theorist "mantra"> "In every lie there's a seed of truth." wouldn't that mean that some/most of it is real? Just curious.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
nycfrog27........glad I am able to give you a kick.

You didn't read my post in it's entirety.

I said "ALL" religions are for scared losers.

I think christians are just as bad as muslims, islamics, buddhists, etc.

Once a man learns that he doesn't have to follow a mob to find god, it will change his outlook. Too many people with the wrong interpretation of a god tends to turn into an ugly thing......name your religion.....lol

do you really believe that there were some guys in the middle east 2000 years ago named john and james and peter that walked around quoting "King James English".....think about it. Work the equation backwards and you might see how ridiculous the effects of religion are and it will help you to see the cause.

peas

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by theonlyrusty

Yes, I do believe that the Gospels are true. as well as the Old Testament. How does one explain the Roman soldiers who beared witness to Jesus' "spirit" rising from the cross? How do you explain Egyptian horse chariots, horse bones, swords and spear tips in the bottom of the reed sea? How do you explain eastern teachers in what is now India, recalling a man who traveled there from the west who proclaimed He was the Son of the Only True God, and was allowed to teach? In a predominant Hindu nation? How do you explain the ancient Hebrews (who didn't believe in Jesus) writing down their accounts of the miracles that they saw performed with their own eyes? Last time I checked, I've never seen a miracle performed nor heard of someone i know actually seeing one performed. And I mean something obvious, like turning water into wine, etc.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
frog...it might do you some good to read "The Life and Teachings of The MAsters of the Far East", by Baird T. Spaulding.. Read all about miracles and such....it goes deeper than you might comprehend.

I have seen a lame girl walk, a blind man see and a wheelchair bound stroke victim stand. There were 200 witnesses who saw it as well. I'm sure you want all the details, but I don't know if that would suffice to solve your curiosity. Look into the Larry Crane Release techniques and you to can see such things.

However, do you happen to know the names of those roman soldiers? Do you recall who actually wrote that down? Were they there? When did they write that? A week later? A month later?....40 years later?

As far as stuff at the bottom of the Red Sea, how about this. They had boats back then and they loaded up their huge boat with horses and chariots and spears and it sank in the middle of the sea. Would that suffice?

Believing in a certain thing because someone has told you it is the right thing to do has been proven to have serious consequences..Man used to think the earth was flat and the moon was made out of cheese. Always be wary of which belief you back because it might just be disproved tomorrow.

What if the entire purpose, of this possibly fabricated character named jesus, was totally misinterpreted from the start? Maybe he was just telling people that we are all the sons of god and we can do all the things he did and there is no sense in worshiping me as a person......Hmmmmm.....I think I read that in some scriptures somewhere before. Don't you find it a little unnerving that the supposed "most important person in the history of the world" never wrote anything down? Must be gods will......lol

As far as miracles are concerned, just because YOU are unaware of a particular situation that is going on, doesn't mean that situation doesn't exist.

good luck in your search..

peas

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join