It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question For God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kawacat
reply to post by ghostsoldier

But surely, if you help animals and the planet but not humans, you have won 2 out of 3?

Or is it only helping humans that counts?

You've misunderstood where I was coming from. Helping humans to help animals and the planet is nearly 3/3.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kawacat

If the belief in one universal consciousness has any validity, then yes, helping animals and the planet does count.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by trueblue

There are so many different names - God is only one of them.

But I am becoming disillusioned, as you do when the dice are loaded.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

The whole point of my post was to question the god of Christianity. I don't know enough about other religions teach about their gods to comment.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kawacat

A name is a name is a name.

Disillusioned in what? The system, yourself, god, doing good?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

It is not 3 out of 3, because humans hate other humans.

And that will be our downfall.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903

The whole point of my post was to question the god of Christianity. I don't know enough about other religions teach about their gods to comment.

Christianity is an opinion and perception. You speak of "their god" you speak about all monotheistic gods.

You speak about "their" interpretation - and it becomes about opinions and perception in adversity to your opinions and perceptions.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I am not disillusioned about doing good.

I am disillusioned about what whoever or whatever created this planet expected of us.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

reply to post by taccj9903

Unfortunately, I think this world is a huge test for us, and if God declared Himself, it would no longer be a test.

I think it is a test that most of us have failed.

But we have built-in failures, and those are not our fault.

So I think we started on an uneven field.

How do you know that it's the test to see who believes rather than doesn't believe.

Maybe weeding out the ones that are easily manipulated, and easily controlled and told things that are ridiculous and believe it.

Just entertaining the thought

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

It'd be the downfall of something, but not everyone hates everyone. But Fear brings us down, not all are driven by fear.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Hell is the falsehood long shown non-biblical (if you know the words)!

I read through the Urantia in Seminary at Berkeley, that was an interesting trip!!

[edit on 2010/3/8 by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier

Originally posted by taccj9903

Christianity is an opinion and perception. You speak of "their god" you speak about all monotheistic gods.

You speak about "their" interpretation - and it becomes about opinions and perception in adversity to your opinions and perceptions.

You hit the nail on the head!! Unfortunately mainstream Christianity doesn't teach that it is opinion and perception rather it teaches of their beliefs being the only truth and path to salvation.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kawacat

What they expect of us, and what we expect of us, may or may not be the same or different.

Maybe we were put here to evolve, physically & spiritually.

We're still young, and there is alot of factors working in the opposite direction of those two things.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Unfortunately, countries wage war - they are full of hate.

I agree that individuals do not necessarily hate others - but the leaders dictate this hatred.

What about in WW2, the Germans and their enemies played a game of soccer on Xmas Day, then next day went back to killing each other - that is really poignant and proves that people do not hate each other - it is those in power who try and convince us to hate each other. And they do a good job of it.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Bible is a work of few highly comprehensive terms defined and interpreted internally
it allows no false concepts to continue if you do continue with it,
those who fell away were not knowing to stand!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I believe that it is religion at fault for why humans hate other humans.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Unfortunately, countries wage war - they are full of hate.

I agree that individuals do not necessarily hate others - but the leaders dictate this hatred.
[...]

Leaders dictate only to those who wish to be dictated to. Hate comes from fear or indifference (which is a product of fear), if you are not fearful or create fear from being fearful, you'll have nothing to fear.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
The Bible was written by a lot of different people - and people always make mistakes.

Although I agree that the Bible has predicted many things, I do not believe that a lot of the Bible is a true record.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
God is not a person who's hiding in space somewhere.

God can't hide. There is no space left for God to hide. God is infinite.

Since God is infinite. That would in reality mean that God is each and every one of us. Even the dirt we stand on. The air that we breath and so on. God can't create something outside the infinite. But God can create a finite existence within the infinite.

God communicates through our mind. Not through our ears or through our eye's. God has a direct link to us since he is everything we are made up of. Remember >God is infinite.

I control my mind. My mind does not control me. I decide which thought are important or interesting to Me. If God is important to you, you know he is there. But you have to chose to listen.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Since there is nothing that God (or the creator, or whatever name...) cannot do, God can certainly hide.

If this entity is all-knowing, all-seeing, and all-everything, certainly it is possible for this being to hide.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join