It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corporate America's Love Affair with Fascism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
What we have in America and Europe today are Facist Bankocracies. Big Business and Big Banks have made slaves of us all and they know exactly what they are doing.. The love affair between the big business elite and facism has a long and storied history. Many people in high places have financed and supported facist regimes. They've even tried to implement one in America via Coup. It is my belief as well as the belief of many others on ATS that a backdoor has already taken place and is in power right now.

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws."
- Mayer Amschel Rothschild

Big Business and big bankers believe Facism to be the perfect example of government. People are nothing more than labor, sheeple to feed thier machine of war and greed. dont believe me? Below i will link to several artcles on the subject that are historical FACT. The point of this thread is to show people that the business elite and wall st banking elite of this nation and many other western nations are FACISTS.

press.take88.com...

That the Dickstein Committee refuses to explain why it suppressed evidence of fascist organizations and of fascist movements.
That the Dickstein Committee knew of the offer made to Gen. Smedley Butler to organize a fascist army of 500,000 mean, but ignored this information until it was forced to call Butler.
That having called him, the Committee issued a garbled statement of what he said and not until the national furore died down did it issue even parts of his testimony.
That Gen. Butler named a fascist organization in which some leaders of the American Jewish Committee are active – and that this testimony was suppressed.
That a Nazi agent worked in Warburg’s Bank of Manhattan and that Felix Warburg was never called upon to explain how he got there.
That the Warburg financial interests have heavy investment in Nazi Germany. The American Jewish Committee has steadfastly opposed the boycott of German goods.
That the most powerful fascist organizations are controlled by financiers whose interests are controlled by J. P. Morgan’s interests.
That the Warburg financial interests are tied up with Morgan and consequently work with Morgan men.
That Grayson M-P Murphy, involved in the plot to organize a fascist army, is a Morgan man and one of those who originally financed the starting of the American Legion for “Big Business” and who supports disseminators of anti-semitic propaganda; and that knowing all this the Dickstein Committee never called Murphy to explain his activities.
That a Hearst man tied up with Morgan interests capture control of the American Legion, which Butler was asked to lead as a fascist army; and that this man, summoned to appear before the Dickstein Committee, was never questioned after he had had a sec … conference with President Roosevelt.
That the American Liberty League was named by Butler and this fact suppressed by the Dickstein Committee. The League is controlled by Morgan-du Pont interests as well as having Warburg representation on it.
That the Remington Arms Co., controlled by Morgan-du Pont, was name as the body which would supply arms and equipment to the fascist army and that this testimony was suppressed by the Congressional Committee.
The Max Warburg, brother of Felix, and directors of the steel trust of Germany, which originally financed Hitler, are in the United States trying to get credits for Hitler’s government in copper purchases.
The Hearst copper interests were among those being considered at the time Hearst open his anti-red campaign.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d64c5e52499.jpg[/atsimg] William Randolph Hearst

rationalrevolution.net...

number of prominent and wealthy American businessmen helped to support fascist regimes in Europe from the 1920s through the 1940s. These people helped to support Francisco Franco during the Spanish Civil War of 1936, as well as Benito Mussolini, and Adolph Hitler.

Some of the primary and more famous Americans and companies that were involved with the fascist regimes of Europe are: William Randolph Hearst, Joseph Kennedy (JFK's father), Charles Lindbergh, John Rockefeller, Andrew Mellon (head of Alcoa, banker, and Secretary of Treasury), DuPont, General Motors, Standard Oil (now Exxon), Ford, ITT, Allen Dulles (later head of the CIA), Prescott Bush, National City Bank, and General Electric.

It should be noted that businessmen from many countries, including England and Australia, also worked with the fascist regimes of Europe prior to WWII. The fascist governments were involved in a high level of construction, production, and international business.

I.G. Farben, a German company, was the largest chemical manufacturing enterprise in the world during the early part of the 20th century. As such the company had many holdings in a variety of countries, including America. The American holdings of I.G. Farben included Bayer Co., General Aniline Works, Agfa Ansco, and Winthrop Chemical Company.

I.G. Farben was critical in the development of the German economy and war machine leading up to WWII. During this time I.G. Farben's international holdings along with its international business contracts with companies like Standard Oil, DuPont, Alcoa, and Dow Chemical were crucial in supplying the Nazi regime with the materials needed for war as well as financial support.

The Spanish Civil War was the precursor to World War II. Fascist Francisco Franco was aided by Hitler and Mussolini during the Spanish Civil War. At this time GM, Ford, DuPont, and Standard Oil were working with Franco and supplying the fascist powers of Europe

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6ebd53cf33da.jpg[/atsimg] Paul Warburg

en.wikipedia.org...

The Business Plot (also the Plot Against FDR and the White House Putsch) was a reported political conspiracy in 1933 which involved wealthy businessmen plotting a coup d’état to overthrow United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt. In 1934 retired Marine Corps Major General Smedley Butler testified to the McCormack-Dickstein Congressional committee that a group of men had approached him as part of a plot to overthrow Roosevelt in a coup.[1] In the opinion of the committee, these allegations were credible. One of the purported plotters, Gerald MacGuire, vehemently denied any such plot. In their report, the Congressional committee stated that it was able to confirm Butler's statements other than the proposal from MacGuire which it considered more or less confirmed by MacGuire's European reports.[2] No one was prosecuted.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b877ce893cd.jpg[/atsimg] J.P. Morgan

NO ONE WAS PROSECUTED!!! Wall St and big business have had thier hold on our government for almost 100 years!! (Jeykell island, 1913)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/81e7b0eab6b8.jpg[/atsimg] Major General Smedley D. Butler

www.thirdworldtraveler.com...

The Bank for International Settlements was a joint creation in 1930 of the world's central banks, including the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. Its existence was inspired by Hjalmar Horace Greeley Schacht, Nazi Minister of Economics and president of the Reichsbank, part of whose early upbringing was in Brooklyn, and who had powerful Wall Street connections. He was seconded by the all-important banker Emil Puhl, who continued under the regime of Schacht's successor, Dr. Walther Funk.
Sensing Adolf Hitler's lust for war and conquest, Schacht, even before Hitler rose to power in the Reichstag, pushed for an institution that would retain channels of communication and collusion between the world's financial leaders even in the event of an international conflict. It was written into the Bank's charter, concurred in by the respective governments, that the BIS should be immune from seizure, closure, or censure, whether or not its owners were at war. These owners included the Morgan-affiliated First National Bank of New York (among whose directors were Harold S. Vanderbilt and Wendell Willkie), the Bank of England, the Reichsbank, the Bank of Italy, the Bank of France, and other central banks. Established under the Morgan banker Owen D. Young's so-called Young Plan, the BIS's ostensible purpose was to provide the Allies with reparations to be paid by Germany for World War I. The Bank soon turned out to be the instrument of an opposite function. It was to be a money funnel for American and British funds to flow into Hitler's coffers and to help Hitler build up his war machine.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0e559e9c7d1.jpg[/atsimg] John Rockefeller

What is happening today in America is a backdoor Coup d'etat orchestrated by the Fascist BUsiness and Banking Elite.. Do not doubt it, it is fact.

www.wsws.org...

It is not new for leading figures from finance to be named to high posts in a US administration. However, there has traditionally been an effort to demonstrate a degree of independence from Wall Street in the selection of cabinet officials and high-ranking presidential aides, often through the appointment of figures from academia or the public sector. In previous decades, moreover, representatives of the corporate elite were more likely to come from industry than from finance.

In the Obama administration such considerations have largely been abandoned.

"I have often thought that if a rational Fascist dictatorship were to exist, then it would choose the American system."
- Noam Chomsky

[edit on 6-3-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Some quotes from Henry A. Wallace, tell me if they sound modernly familiar...

"If we define an American fascist as one who in case of conflict puts money and power ahead of human beings, then there are undoubtedly several million fascists in the United States."

"The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information."

"The dangerous American fascist is the man who wants to do in the United States in an American way what Hitler did in Germany in a Prussian way."

"The symptoms of fascist thinking are colored by environment and adapted to immediate circumstances. But always and everywhere they can be identified by their appeal to prejudice and by the desire to play upon the fears and vanities of different groups in order to gain power."

"With a fascist the problem is never how best to present the truth to the public but how best to use the news to deceive the public into giving the fascist and his group more money or more power."

"It has been claimed at times that our modern age of technology facilitates dictatorship."

"The American fascists are most easily recognized by their deliberate perversion of truth and fact. Their newspapers and propaganda carefully cultivate every fissure of disunity, every crack in the common front against fascism"

"Their final objective toward which all their deceit is directed is to capture political power so that, using the power of the state and the power of the market simultaneously, they may keep the common man in eternal subjection. "

Smart man. H.A. Wallace was the 33rd Vice president of the United States. (1941-1945) ALL of these quotes ring true today still....

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Funny. With all of the crazy conspiracy theories posted at this board, you show what is really, honestly happening behind the scenes.....

And it gets no attention at all.

I for one thank you for attempting to bring this to more peoples' attention. If one is to do some digging, they can connect this with every single thing going on in the world today, and even realize what is coming.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Quite frankly, I find it disturbing what's going on in the world, today. This thread shows what is going on in the government(s), and has been happening since long before most of us were even born..

The common people have no idea what's happening, even though it's happening right in front of them. Very disturbing...

And also: I am very very disgusted at the thought of all the conspiracy threads on here, even the crazy, non-realistic ones, getting more attention than this.. It's a disgusting thought indeed..

I hope I've bumped this thread up to the top, where more people will see it, because they need to.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well done. Thank you. S&F

...I do hope you keep adding more info. ...I'd also welcome your observations on how opportunities are made and/or twisted to 'feed the machine.'

...Keep up the good work.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
oldamericancentury.org...

In his original article, "Fascism Anyone?", Laurence Britt compared the regimes of Hitler, Mussolini, Franco, Suharto, and Pinochet and identified 14 characteristics common to those fascist regimes. This page is a collection of news articles dating from the start of the Bush presidency divided into topics relating to each of the 14 points of fascism

great page that shows just how fascist america has become without the masses realizing it.

www.rense.com...

The holocaust was very good business. Throughout the 1930's Wall Street investment banks participated in "aryanization" which meant getting Jewish owned breweries, banks, factories, department stores etc. for 30% of their true value. The gold from the teeth of holocaust victims ended up in their vaults. It is not an exaggeration to say that the Nazi war effort was financed by the Bank of England (which, for example, transferred the Czech gold reserves to the Nazis), Wall Street (Prescott Bush, W's grandfather was one of the leading Nazi financiers) and Jewish plunder. It was finessed by lawyer John Foster Dulles, a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, who later became US Secretary of State.

spectator.org...

Since my April 2 column that compared Barack Obama's economic policies (and others) to those of Italy's Benito Mussolini, I have been denounced on the pages of the Economist, the San Francisco Chronicle, the Toronto Star, and the New York Times (less strongly denounced there than in the others, oddly enough), and by Chris Matthews (and guests Tony Blankley and Larry Sabato) on Hardball, and also had the idea made fun of by CNN morning hosts while they played a rather tame and sober interview they had done with me on the subject.

Never mind that in the New York Times on April 7 , David Leonhardt went farther, comparing the policies to the economics of Hitler in the course of saying that was a good thing because Hitler's economics worked.

"Fascism should more appropriately be called corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power." -Benito Mussolini

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwilightMage
And also: I am very very disgusted at the thought of all the conspiracy threads on here, even the crazy, non-realistic ones, getting more attention than this.. It's a disgusting thought indeed..

I was thinking the same thing, exactly...

Coming to mind immediately are threads like the ones accusing Buzz Aldrin's wife of being E.T.

Or the one with a Photoshopped picture of Brzezinski, calling him "Lord Enlil". Those ones go on for PAGES.

Amazing. No reptiles in control here, just these guys pointed out in this thread, and many like them.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I do believe you have hit the nail on the head but the problem lies not with the Fascist's, but those who follow them blindly, and know not what they follow, a dictator.

When I say dictator, the mentality is that of the dictator, a strong father-figure type.

Most people do not even know what Fascism means or the history of it.

Every Time Someone Called You A Fascist, They Might Have Been Right, Is Your Ideology Fascist?

As well most people do not realize if it had not been for Smedley Butler, we would have had Fascist Concentration Camps dotting the American landscape during WWII.

Speaking of corporations and their love of Fascism, I.B.M. comes to mind.

IBM and the Holocaust: The Strategic Alliance Between Nazi Germany and America's Most Powerful Corporation

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c9c27969530.jpg[/atsimg]

Amazon Review :

Was IBM, "The Solutions Company," partly responsible for the Final Solution?

That's the question raised by Edwin Black's IBM and the Holocaust, the most controversial book on the subject since Daniel Jonah Goldhagen's Hitler's Willing Executioners.

Black, a son of Holocaust survivors, is less tendentiously simplistic than Goldhagen, but his thesis is no less provocative: he argues that IBM founder Thomas Watson deserved the Merit Cross (Germany's second-highest honor) awarded him by Hitler, his second-biggest customer on earth.

"IBM, primarily through its German subsidiary, made Hitler's program of Jewish destruction a technologic mission the company pursued with chilling success," writes Black.

"IBM had almost single-handedly brought modern warfare into the information age [and] virtually put the 'blitz' in the krieg."

The crucial technology was a precursor to the computer, the IBM Hollerith punch card machine, which Black glimpsed on exhibit at the U.S. Holocaust Museum, inspiring his five-year, top-secret book project.

The Hollerith was used to tabulate and alphabetize census data.

Black says the Hollerith and its punch card data ("hole 3 signified homosexual ... hole 8 designated a Jew") was indispensable in rounding up prisoners, keeping the trains fully packed and on time, tallying the deaths, and organizing the entire war effort.

Hitler's regime was fantastically, suicidally chaotic; could IBM have been the cause of its sole competence: mass-murdering civilians?

Better scholars than I must sift through and appraise Black's mountainous evidence, but clearly the assessment is overdue.

The moral argument turns on one question: How much did IBM New York know about IBM Germany's work, and when?

Black documents a scary game of brinksmanship orchestrated by IBM chief Watson, who walked a fine line between enraging U.S. officials and infuriating Hitler.

He shamefully delayed returning the Nazi medal until forced to--and when he did return it, the Nazis almost kicked IBM and its crucial machines out of Germany.

(Hitler was prone to self-defeating decisions, as demonstrated in How Hitler Could Have Won World War II.)

Black has created a must-read work of history.

But it's also a fascinating business book examining the colliding influences of personality, morality, and cold strategic calculation.

--Tim Appelo

If not for Thomas J. Watson, the Nazi's would have had more difficulty in tracking down the Jews.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Thomas J. Watson

Thomas John Watson, Sr. (February 17, 1874 – June 19, 1956) was the president of International Business Machines (IBM), who oversaw that company's growth into an international force from 1914 to 1956.

Watson developed IBM's renowned management style and corporate culture, and turned the company into one of the most effective selling organizations yet seen, based largely around punched card tabulating machines.

A leading self-made industrialist, he was one of the richest men of his time and was called the world's greatest salesman when he died in 1956.

He was a die-hard and stout Fascist businessman, and a traitor to his nation.

Wall Street was full of his type who thought they knew best for America.

The problem is that the programs born out of WWII never stopped and I.B.M. is still running them, as well as other corporations like Destron Fearing.

Quote from : Destron Fearing

Destron Fearing is a global leader in innovative animal identification.

With presence in over 40 countries worldwide we seek to provide real world ID solutions to match the ever increasing complexity and opportunities related to animal identification.

Since 1945 we have provided innovative products addressing the needs of livestock producers, companion animal owners, horse owners, wildlife managers and government agencies.

The end goal is the R.F.I.D. system and tracking us like animals through herd migration patterns.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/338cc3d8b0fa.jpg[/atsimg]

Making us humans equal to sheep and cattle and then our trouble really begins.

[edit on 6-3-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Another big part of the puzzle that I needed, to put the whole thing together.... Is the UN's purpose, of spreading this Fascism dictatorship to enslave the whole world. [ www.un.org... ]

And the Military Industrial Complex making it possible to use the ignorant masses, to invade any opposition to this Fascist way of life.

The UN's function, is definitely spreading this form of slavery to every nation in the world.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

I have heaps more and many more threads on the United Nations and this agenda.

U.N.S.C. and 2012 : Political Ideologies, Nations United, and Views on Terrorism : Conflict Earth

...and...

Bilderberger : The Global Agenda, Eugenics, Global Warming, And Biochiping Sheeple

I've only been fighting this battle now since I was six years old and I'm now thirty-six.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Excellent post, and one worthy of far more than the current number of responses. Front-page material as far as I'm concerned.

I'm glad you mentioned the BIS, as it really is at the center of the corporate fascism that is lurking in the shadows behind global politics and economics, as it sits at the apex of various organizations such as the IMF, the various central banks, the World Bank, G30, Trilateral Commission, etc... as Carroll Quigley said:

"...the powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences. The apex of the system was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basle, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations."

I recently made a thread myself entitled The Nazi and Fascist Origins of the Bank for International Settlements.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Someone336

Thanks for the link to your thread! This is some awesome information.

SKL - Thank you for the links as well. Seems there is ALWAYS more for those seeking the truth, to take in.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I couldn't find the quote I was looking for but I did find this one:

Personally, I'm in favor of democracy, which means that the central institutions of society have to be under popular control. Now, under capitalism, we can't have democracy by definition. Capitalism is a system in which the central institutions of society are in principle under autocratic control. Thus, a corporation or an industry is, if we were to think of it in political terms, fascist; that is, it has tight control at the top and strict obedience has to be established at every level--there's little bargaining, a little give and take,but the line of authority is perfectly straightforward. Just as I'm opposed to political fascism, I'm opposed to economic fascism. I think that until the major institutions of society are under the popular control of participants and communities, it's pointless to talk about democracy.

Noam Chomsky Quotes

Did a little searching and came across the one I wanted. It's at the 1:04:00 mark of this video:

Evidence Of Revision Part 5

"A corporation is just a tyrannical system, one of the most tyrannical systems humans have ever devised".

I don't always agree with Noam but he's spot on this one.

The corporation only cares about profits. Not the consumer nor it's employees - with extremely rare exceptions like Bob's Red Mill who just gave it all away to his employees and good on him for that. We as a nation screwed up over a hundred years ago by, well, winning the War of Northern Aggression. That was the death knell of states rights and gave the corporations the chance to move in and by the end of the century they had personhood or whatever the technical term is, I can never remember for some reason.

It didn't happen overnight, it was a slow and gradual process which culminated in the birth of the Fed in 1913. We gave the corporations the opportunity and they ran with it, screwing us for years to come.

It's hard for many people to wake up and see all of this because of the intense propaganda used against us. The bankers(corporations) did a bang-up job getting the Fed introduced, setting the table by using their own guys to write the articles for the papers and give speeches and such that by the time it happened people were already acclimated to the idea and thought it was a good thing.

People listen to the mainstream media for some reason.

Propaganda was used quite successfully to help the cause of the American Revolution. Now it's being used against us in horrible ways, ways people don't even understand. Makes me sick.

Edward Bernays would be proud of what is going on in today's world. He taught the corporations all they know. I find the practices of the corporation abhorrent and refuse to even attempt to gain employment at anything bigger than a local pizza joint that may be a L.L.C. or something. I just can't do it anymore. I'm unemployed and broke but will not go there. I just can't give up that little bit of my soul that the government has left me with after they took their piece.

Between the two, governments and corporations, coincidentally both are corporations, they are robbing humanity of it's soul and if left unchecked any longer we will not survive IMO. I just don't see how this can continue.

Call this a rambling bump. Hope it makes sense, at least, as I can sometimes derail my own thoughts. Good thread, maybe this will help give it some legs.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Excellent post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now for all you people out there poo pooing government, particularly in America, who the sam hill do ya think is running the govenment?

No, not the people, but CORPORATIONS.

The name of the game is PROFIT and "they" the elite owners of our major companies and their CEO hench men will get those profits over your dead body, my dead body and anyone else that doesn't tow their line.

Anyone wanting to get a real handle on what has been happening here in the good old USA should read David Sirota's "Hostile Takeover" or Naomi Wolf's "End of America".

The enemy isn't over there, "they" are right here and have controlled our government for a long time.

I would rather earn 1% off a 100 people's efforts than 100% of my own efforts. John D Rockefeller

I don't want a nation of thinkers, I want a nation of workers. John D Rockefeller

The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. Plato

Read my location.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I would rather earn 1% off a 100 people's efforts than 100% of my own efforts. John D Rockefeller

That about sums it all up in just a few words.

Disgusting, isn't it?

I would rather do my own thing and get paid for it but it's become pretty much impossible for anyone to start their own business and keep it afloat nowadays. I couldn't be that guy in the quote, who wants to use everyone else up and gain from it. I just don't have that gene or whatever. I'm no saint but people like Rockefeller(s) sicken me.

What a wonderful world, with people like that in it, eh?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
To ofhumandescent and others:

I have never understood how the power wielded by corporations is as hazardous as the power of government.

Government coerces my actions through the ubiquitous threat of violence; corporations don't have the same authority. Apple cannot throw me in jail for buying a Dell computer. I may only have 20 choices if I want to buy a car, but how diferent would it be if I had 21 choices? If I really made it my life's mission, I could probably cut discretionary spending with Fortune 500 companies quite substantially.

If you want to talk about the global cabal of government and industry, that I can understand. However, can somebody explain the Michael Moore / liberal position where coporations themselves are bad without regard to government involvement.

PS - Please don't mistake these questions for defending or supporting corporations.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
an excellent thread. i worry that people have been convinced that all this is a pretty good idea.

fascism has always been the strongest expression of an opposition to communism. i believe that the promotion of a strong opposition to communism over the period of the cold war has created a situation where people are quite happy to accept a fascist system, just so long as it isn't called fascism.

i think that the aversion to the word is a clever little move by itself. the meaning of the actual word, fascism, has pretty much lost it's meaning. everybody knows the word but there's no association with the economic/governmental system it is supposed to describe. "fascism" is associated with concentration camps, a hatred of the jews and very little else.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Yes I have noticed this in Canada as well.

Humans are looked upon as a resource now rather then as creation. ( or human beings if that is your view...)

This is perpetuated not only through corporate means but via government means.

The hate speech laws in Canada cast a very wide net. If one openly propagtes NAZI German values as a skinhead he is rightfully curbed.

But if one looks at the NAZI or Social Nationalists premise you can then easily see the same premise in Canadian business and politics.

Many Canadian businessmen and politicians argued in favour of Hitler for a time in Canada prior to WW two.

That is because the premise of a top down. no question structure of human society has been drilled into the commonwealth society's for hundreds of years.

Now we see the same with a NEW set of scapegoats and a surge in the Nationalistic fever spreading across parts of NA.

Just my uneducated viewpoint.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by episode19
If you want to talk about the global cabal of government and industry, that I can understand. However, can somebody explain the Michael Moore / liberal position where coporations themselves are bad without regard to government involvement.

i don't understand the need to divide every single political discussion into a neat little liberal/conservative debate. it's moronic. being a liberal or conservative has f**k all to do with it.

the problem is that they are so intimately involved in the process of government in the US. for instance, they can, legally, spend vast quantities of money to ensure that laws are passed by government to their benefit and at the expense of the citizen through the lobby system. they also finance electoral bids by politicians, meaning a politician takes office owing a corporation for their position.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by episode19

One example.

I live in Las Vegas. The casinos here are laying off hundreds of people, all working class stiffs, most of whom are likely living paycheck to paycheck. Yet, they are not firing middle or upper management nor are they taking pay cuts from their multi-million dollar salaries. They are firing the people who actually do the work and NEED the money to survive yet they just keep on going, sort of like that irritating bunny on tv, they just keep on screwing the little guy while they play golf and jet around in fancy planes.

The corporation cares about you not at all. Never did, never will, unless you are giving it your money or your time(and they don't even pay a livable wage for your time in most cases).

The bankers, corporations that they are, control the government BTW. So your question is a little skewed as they are basically one and the same. They work for them and not for us.

As for corporations not threatening anyone, you should read up on Monsanto and their tactics against farmers that are caught with their product in their fields unknowingly and unwillingly. Also check out how they have totally screwed thousand of farmers in India leading many of them to commit suicide. They are truly a monstrously evil corporation, there are no two ways around it. That's not to mention all their products that are helping to kill us and completely destroy the worlds food supply, but who really cares about all that, right? Who needs food?

Yep, gotta love them corporations, they just do their best for us.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join