It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changes I've noticed to the World Map (Timelineshift)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
this is i recall since i was a kind, ive grown up with a Globe on my bedroom.

Pic attached please check it out

imageshack.us...
edit on 12-5-2011 by grinitagi because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2011 by grinitagi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Oh christ!!
NOT CLOSER TO FRANCE...ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mateandbucky06
You do realize that they are around five or six different types of maps used for differnt reasons...or even different cultural interprations. IE western perception, of Janpaness perception. Anyways, where are you getting the information that continents and countries have moved? I'm pretty positive that if New Zealand moved...someone on the island would have felt it and it would be in news. Plus, I also feel this timelime continent moving business shows that we need to teach our students more geography.

If New Zealand moved...someone on the island would have felt it and it would be in the news?

You have obviously not understood the timeline/multi universe theory, it is not that a country moves but that people themselves believe that they have shifted into another dimensional reality whereby most things are identical except for a few things that are out of place.

Many people have stated that they believe that their memory of New Zealand was of it being in a differnt position than the one they are currently experiencing. New Zealand has not physically moved, but people feel as if they have stepped into another dimension where everything has been duplicated except for the position of New Zealand.

Nothing what so ever to do with the ability to read maps.
edit on 20-5-2011 by keldas because: Additional information

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Interesting thread. I think its a shame though that people are being branded as stupid or uneducated because they believe that countries were in a different place than they appear now.

Yes, mistakes can be made and yes not everyone is brilliant at geography (me included
)

But regardless of this, why is the idea of multiple dimensions so hard to understand? As other posters have said, no one is saying that a country has physically moved. What they're saying is that they remember it differently, and the idea is that this could mean that they were once in a different universe where things were the way they remembered. Of course it can't be proven in this universe because in this universe it was never that way.

Whether such a thing can happen or not, I can't say for certain (but I personally do believe in the idea of multiple dimensions). No one can say. But it is an intriguing idea

It's fine that some of you don't believe in it
But please, stop saying things like "I live in New Zealand, I would know if it had moved" - that's not what people are saying

edit on 21-5-2011 by tappy because: fixed spelling

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OdovacarDvilhelm

some people perceive something to have occured, just because you believe them to be wrong doesnt give you the right to tell them stfu, dont question it, accept it, get over it,

that is embracing ignorance,

embracing knowledge is to question, these people feel unsure about certain aspects of earths geology, it is incredibly noble for them to question why they feel/think these things, and possible reasons/conclusions to those thoughts and possibilities, if you believe their current theory of timeslip is not correct, then give some logic based reasoning why you think that,

just comin into the thread to say they are ridiculous a joke and you dont like them they are bringing everyone down, is an unreasonable illogical insult, it is people like you OdovacarDvilhelm who insult people to encourage them not to ask some questions simply because it doesnt agree with your own beliefs, people like you who really bring ats down

now on topic, it is often in school we forget the details of the things we are taught, things like geography we may often forget minor specifics like whether a continent on the other side of the world is east or west of its neighbor, so as our minds always do, things that are forgotten and leave the conscious remain in the subconscious so when it comes time in life to remember those old memories we cannot say i learned it was this way, because we forget, instead we say, i feel like i learned it this way,

hence when i tell you that i feel like i too learned in school that NZ was to the north and slightly west of australia, and now i see it is not, i feel like it is now in a different position then i was taught in school
i am speaking from subconscious memory

edit on 5/21/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by keldas

This is the changes I see for me:

1. I also some what belief that hawaii was not in the middle of no where but Australia was.

2. Antarctica looks bigger.

3. Not to sure: the Aluetian Island of the Coast of Alaska are no longer leading to the tip of Russia

4. Not sure: Denmark was never that close to Sweden and Norway

5. South America looks like a wave pushed it

6. Japan is smaller and not as streched out.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Its easily settled find a world map of say ww11 then one from today post them both up here and point out the differences. i bet nobody does

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker

18) Long Island is now really close to New York

[edit on 3/4/2010 by FoxStriker]

Your flaw here is that there are multiple bridges and a tunnel that connect the two.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Ok i will do it for you link one is a world map from 1962 link 2 is a current world. There are no differences
Please end this nonsence

www.globalresearch.ca...

geology.com...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
Its easily settled find a world map of say ww11 then one from today post them both up here and point out the differences. i bet nobody does

If something changed, it would change backwards and forwards and therefore nothing from the past would in anyway contradict the current version of how something was.

If you wrote a story and made a major change, wouldn't you go back fix your plot hole most of the time?

Major changes change the past. Think of time/probability like a guitar string. You pluck the string, the wave moves along the string and stops at the point were you have your finger to create a note. Only if you measured it, you would realize that some of the wave does travel past your finger into the part of the string on the other side of your finger. The is a small sound from it, there is an internal movement of inside the sting itself. The part of the string on the other side of the finger does vibrate. Just not enough as to matter most of the time.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SibylofErythrae

What a load of c**p

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Actually, as I usually post on Austrailia.....the "land down under is now about belt high"

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OdovacarDvilhelm
reply to post by FoxStriker

This whole thing is destroying ATS. It's a plague of ignorance.

Just because you really really suck at Geography does not mean that the timeline has shifted.

Stop with these threads about continents moving, it's really disturbing even.

Just saying that this is the best post ever. Just because your history, the whole Mandela is dead thing, and Geography suck doesn't mean that something is wrong with the world. I believe in parallel universes but I do not believe that they are overlapping. If they were there would be much more significant consequences than some odd Geography.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Im sorry my last post may have been a little harsh but here is the thing. I simply don't understand how if so many people are reporting these changes in the world map, we have no maps that show the world as you thought it was and not as it is. If we have over 100 people on ATS alone that say they believe there is a problem with the map then at least one of them must own a map of that world. Furthermore, if we extrapolate those number onto the general population then at least tens if not hundreds of thousands of people around the world would be going through the same thing. So why are people not freaking out or raising the question to scientists if that many people are thinking that time has shifted? Someone please produce a physical map of this other earth.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Cstrife16

I'm going to keep this relatively simple for you .
You sitting comfortably ? Good

Now , pay attention.
If you suddenly ( for what ever reason) found yourself in a place that looks just like the world you live in , except for minute differences ( I won't go into quantum entanglement ) . You would make a point of saying that certain things are different , for example Australia being in a slightly different position than you remember it in your world .
People are going to ask for proof , but you can't give them any because all the maps that are around show the world as it is to them and how it has always been to them, not to you .

People in your new world are going to call you insane , because you can offer no proof .

I hope I have removed your blinkers just a little , because my friend , nothing and I mean nothing is black and white.

Have a nice weekend

edit on 31-5-2012 by dawnprince because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

What a load of c**p

I'm flattered. Would you like to be more specific about what you don't like about the guitar string analogy?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

To quote the mighty Blue Oyster Cult "its a crock full of s**t"

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

There is a "maverick" psychist whose idea about time and locality is that gravity is a quantum force that makes energy and matter stay in one place and state.

Your crock of # has gravity man. Gravity is a form of a finger on the guitar string.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

"maverick" psychist vs einstien i know who my money is on. and id rather have buck dharma on the guitar string!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Einstein's model of gravity doesn't contradict a quantum explanation of gravity. Einstein's model describes the behaviour of gravity. The two things are not mutually exclusive.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join