It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Private Refinery Discovers Gold-Plated Tungsten Bar

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Largest Private Refinery Discovers Gold-Plated Tungsten Bar

news.coinupdate.com

Recently, the German television station ProSieben ran a news story covering W. C. Heraeus in Hanau, Germany, the world’s largest privately owned refinery. In the story, Wilfried Hörner, the head of the gold foundry, shows a 500 gram bar (16.0755 troy ounces) received from an unidentified bank. The bar had the right physical dimensions to be an authentic gold bar, but one of the Heraeus employees suspected something funny. After the bar was cut in half, you can see that the inside is tungsten, with only a coating of gold on the outside.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Rumors about fake gold bars circulating around central banks, ETF's, commodities exchanges, and government vaults have been circulating around for a while. Even the LBMA's certified 'gold delivery bars' are rumored to be turning up fake. The powers that be wish to keep this secret, and there is a media blackout. This could have huge ramifications for our economies and currency. While governments can print as much paper money as they want, they cannot make new gold... so they are forced to inflate the gold supply in other ways. There has been a historical precedent to suppress the gold price going back generations in order to prop up the U$D. With growing pressures due to current economic conditions, the price of gold has been exploding upwards and the COMEX has been having trouble supplying the gold they claim to have. How high would the price be now if it were not for the price suppression schemes and the US government selling fake gold into circulation.

news.coinupdate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/3/2010 by sp00n1]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Check out the news report video here for more details. You can clearly see the fake, gold-plated tungsten bar.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Not surprised by this.
Scuttlebutt on the net is that central banks do not have the gold reserves they should have.

I bet that if people actually started asking for delivery of this gold. there would be discovery of what is actually going on.

gold is another house of cards that can collapse at any second.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I wonder if the giant influx of gold buying companies could be linked to this in anyway.

What better way to get gold than to buy it from the public for pennies on the dollar, especially during a recession when so many people are out of work and hard up for cash.

These companies pop up with their "Sell us your gold jewelry for quick money fast!" commercials all the time. CashForGold.com is the main one I can name off hand at the moment, but I think you can follow along with what I'm referring to.

Edit to Add - I just had another thought about it. Pat Boone has been on tv a lot lately with his gold commercials. "Don't wait to buy gold. Buy gold, and wait!"

If connected, it would make a perfect circle of monetary exchange.
Example -
I send Pat Boone $1,000 to invest in gold.
You send your watch to CashForGold and they send you $150.

The $150 would come out my $1,000 investment.
They use my money to buy your gold to cover their asses without ever having to risk their own money in the process.

Just a thought. Might be worth digging in to to see if we could uncover any connections.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Detailed Perfection]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Thats damn important!!!
If peoples money is not backed up theres no guarantee theyll ever see it again... wow so an owner can take all peoples cash, put it in the bank, back it with tungsten and so long as no one finds out they get something for nothing... despicable.
Usurers! Bad as pedophiles I tell ya.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
You can get delivery of gold. If you want it that is.. good luck being able to pony up that coin though in the futures market.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

Most of the gold that has ever been produced is already safely stored for the return of God(s).

The rest of it will be stripped from your dead body as you hoard it.

Those with no gold and no desire of gold will go un-noticed while the harvest goes on.

The meek will inherit the earth.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Just drop it on a concrete floor and you will hear the difference.

But if even central banks are doing this it is worse than I thought...

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
gold is another house of cards that can collapse at any second.

So what your saying is that if it becomes common knowledge that there are literally tonnes of gold bars in circulation that have been manufactured out of tungsten, this will cause the price of genuine assayed gold to plummet?

PEACE,
RK

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
So if the majority of the gold out in the world is actually fake, then my question is. What happened to all the real gold? You can't eat it. I know the military uses it in there satilites, missile technologies. Heck stuff siting on the moon from the apollo missions have alot of gold in them. Advanced fighters use alot of gold in them. But still what happened to the rest of it?
Makes you wonder if TPTB are eather hording it for there own personal pleasures. Or if there keeping it hidden so when the annunaki come back they can barter there freedom with the gold they have collected. Yeah I know that might sound way out there but it is something to think about.

Hmmmm...

I heard the gold in Ft. Knox no longer exists.. So where did it go?

interresting indeed..

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Detailed Perfection

Edit to Add - I just had another thought about it. Pat Boone has been on tv a lot lately with his gold commercials. "Don't wait to buy gold. Buy gold, and wait!"

If connected, it would make a perfect circle of monetary exchange.
Example -
I send Pat Boone $1,000 to invest in gold.
You send your watch to CashForGold and they send you $150.

The $150 would come out my $1,000 investment.
They use my money to buy your gold to cover their asses without ever having to risk their own money in the process.

Just a thought. Might be worth digging in to to see if we could uncover any connections.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Detailed Perfection]

THAT ! is walking around with your thinking cap on.
How great of a sneaky idea is that?
I know someone will probably say "oh well that's business, but that's not the ethical type of business that's needed in the world,
and if your theory did turn up to be true, youre a good detective!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The gold plated tungsten bar thing has been reported to have been done in the 1970's at Ft Knox itself.That's actual gold on the surface,as is in jewelery and coins that we the people have and hold.(An electronic tester is as necessary as a digi-scale in this biz)

Silver ain't safe from price manipulation too.

Methinks the price on both metals will skyrocket once this fraud is digested by the populace and when China takes delivery of debt payments in the remaining actual good delivery bars and we're stuck with the dogs.Ever seen a lumber pile at the lumber yard after everyone has gone through and taken all the good straight knot free wood?It'sa mess.That is what is delivered to unsuspecting customers,caveat emptur.

Lastly,I anticipate gold confiscation.One could cast bullets from silver to kill vampires,wonder if itsa problem making 'em outa gold?You want my gold?Here...Have some...

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This could cause a severe drop in futures prices on the COMEX because nobody will trust the COMEX and the LBMA's gold quality. The COMEX itself refuses to verify the purity of the gold they sell. Nobody will be willing to sign buy contracts without an assay, so all that will be left on the COMEX is the sellers selling 'paper gold' contracts.

On the other hand, in the true physical market, if you have coins and jewelry that are hard to fake or physical bars that have been assayed, they will trade at a premium.

Most of the US gold was sold off to the international bankers as collateral on our loans, and is now buried somewhere deep underground. The government was forced to inflate their supply with tungsten and it has gone unnoticed until now because it is difficult and expensive to assay all those bars, and nobody wants to cut them all in half.

What would you do if you found out you were sitting on $1 billion in fake gold? Probably try to sell it off to the next guy before anybody finds out.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Gold has gone backwardation twice since last December, the 2'nd just recently.

The Rothschilds got out of the gold mkt in 2005. Me thinks they knew too much

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm thinking that if/when this gets out the value of real gold will go up, as clearly it is more rare than it is supposed to be.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I find it odd for the following reasons.

a) the bank is not named

b) the source is not named

c) it is propped up on vagueness and only ever shows 1 bar being sliced.

I don't doubt that anywhere money is involved, so too follows the fraudsters and thieves. But i think this is a lot of noise about nothing and I can't figure out the reason why someone would perpetrate such a hoax.

so, i'll wait and see. Personally, I don't value gold, so I don't care. lol
I value love, family, comfort and peace and I've never had to lay out gold for any of those!

the gold standard has been gone for decades before I was born and certainly hasn't existed while most if not all of the board members here have been alive.

do people realize that the dollar is not weighed against gold? gold is a commodity, that's all. right now it's an expensive one, so there will likely be a scam or two.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Telling the difference between a gold bar, and a gold plated tungsten bar is quite easy using several different methods using current technology, without using deformation.

Paramagnetism:

Using the gold bar inside a coil of wire with a constant number of turns, at a constant voltage change (AC) it should be possible to tell the specific paramagnetic properties of the metal itself by the following formula:

L = a4(pi)N^2µA / l

Where:

L = inductance in Henry's

A = cross section Area

µ = Magnetic permeability

a = constant

l = length of coil

That way, two different metals of the same dimensions would register with different magnetic properties.

A simple resonance circuit could be set up with the "Gold" being the inductor for the circuit, and a capacitor with a known capacitance.

Therefore, the circuit would only work on GOLD of those dimensions as long as it is SOLID gold, and not if it is tungsten.

Another method would be radio frequency transparency / reflectivity... and could be accomplished using a simple radio circuit.

Another test one could use would be testing the circuit resistance of the gold bar using a mega ohm meter (high voltage ohm meter), since the electrical properties of the gold in a tungsten core bar could only appear to be different if the core current surpasses the surface conductivity.

Another test would be an ultrasonic probe, that detects the acoustic properties of the bar (as tungsten rings at double the frequency of gold)

These gold bars should each be submitted to a battery of electromagnetic, sonic, and radiotelemetry analysis before they are even accepted AS gold.

Im sure the testing "Kits" that I described would cost less than $1'000 dollars for all three methods.

But a simple inductance test you could manufacture for less than $10 using a coil of wire and a power source.

-Edrick

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
To me it would make total sense for the government or whoever to do this. It seems everywhere you look today you can find people that are fighting to buy your gold. Around here it's not limited to T.V. ads and pawn shops, now many "high-end" jewelery shops are begging to buy your gold. Personally I think it is just a matter of time before everything gives out. (think a TOOL "Learn to Swim" scenerio) The only thing that bums me out is trying to imagine what my kids are going to have to endure

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Eye of Horus

I used to be in the Army, and was stationed in Ft. Knox(which is much bigger than just the gold storage facility) for a year. Ft. Know does not have the gold, the Federal Reserve does. There are actually records of a huge transfer of gold from Ft. Knox to the Federal reserve. We borrow money from them, and back it up in gold. When we can't repay them, we give them gold. The Federal Reserve is the biggest scam in America.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by smashing31]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join