It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Happenings in Louisiana

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Thats a very interesting and freaky story euwhajavb..... and well done for researching more reports thebox!

I dont know but your report sounds very similar to the mothman reports in West Virginia is it? Similarities are close.... paranormal activity, mysterious humanoid figure..... it is indeed interesting to say the least...

I will try to have a look up more into this story.... I'd bet there are plenty of other stories and possible old myths, urban legends that may explain it for you. The best thing I can suggest to you if you are serious about getting to the bottom of this is bring in psychic/ medium to get a spiritual sense of the enviroment around your apartment complex.

I'd also suggest you to:
Research the histories of your friends and girldfriend, whether they have histories with this kind of thing, whether any of them have messed with spiritual elements.... although it could be anybody in the apartment complex that could have influenced this thing to be there.... Also look into the history of that complex....

Apart from the above theres nothing much you can do. But I'd strongly recommend you take the steps above if you are serious about researching into this thing more....

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Do you know anything about this?

Louisiana State University - Pleasant Hall -

(Formerly a women's dormitory, now being renovated.) Several accounts of murder/suicides have been reported. Most famous is the incident in room 312: The story goes that one night a girl and her boyfriend got in an argument. The girl shot her boyfriend, but he survived. She ran upstairs into her own room, 312, shot herself and died. Strange noises and sightings have been reported.

Source

There are a few other Baton Rouge 'happenings' listed here -

Shadowlands Haunted Places

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
yah really so much for sleeping. haha. reptilian maybe? any strange odors?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thebox

Yes.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
So basically - depending on what you believe, we have a possible doppelganger (your supposed twin in the window) a poltergeist (flipping chairs and banging on things) and a creature, sasquatch (cat killer), shadow person in the mix. You should write a book.

Feel a bit bad for being entertained by what for you must be a harrowing experience.

My fiance was a host on a paranormal radio show and we will chime in if we find anything that might be of use to you.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

That's the only paranormal thing that's happened in this apartment though. In fact, nothing weird has ever happened to any of us except one roommate who had some weird time-lapse type experiences before moving here.

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by euwhajavb

OK, now I am going to say something you might not believe.

But I am saying it anyway.

Pray to God and the Lord Jesus to surround your place with their angels and to keep you safe - and thank them.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
I'd also suggest you to:
Research the histories of your friends and girldfriend, whether they have histories with this kind of thing, whether any of them have messed with spiritual elements.... although it could be anybody in the apartment complex that could have influenced this thing to be there.... Also look into the history of that complex....

This is good advice in my opinion. As long as a mystery remains a mystery, no avenue of investigation should be ignored.

I believe that the strange, unexplainable things we witness in our lives are drawn to us by positive/negative energies - inexplicable energies we aren't yet able to fully comprehend.

Speaking from experience, all the strange 'things' that have happened to and around me have been the result of myself and friends 'messing' with things. This is at least how it has appeared on the surface.

For example, as a teenager I experimented with 'ouija' and other things I thought at the time to be intangible. This resulted in a series of events at home involving voices (often my mother's), dragging sounds, footsteps and even physical demonstrations of presence by who knows what.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Not to be funny but it sounds alot like a "Dreadlord." Don't think they exist though. Good story and keep us updated.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thebox

No, I wasn't aware! I live in some apartment complexes, not the student housing. I did find this though...

darkwaterlake.blogspot.com...

I think it's geared towards mothman, but the poster at the top of this page also mentioned it. I'm not familiar with the mothman thing really.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

Thank you very much

And no strange odors that I recall, Lurker

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Mate, if I was you, I'd be keeping some form of bat/club next to your bed or something. If you see this thing anywhere near your the complex, I suggest you go somewhere it can see you and do the following:

1. Take your bat/club outside.
2. Make sure the big boy is looking at you.
3. Start shouting abusive words (or 'watered down' abusive words) at this guy.
4. If its night time, turn on a light so the fella can see you, then put the bat above your head, and start making suggestive actions that if he does not move soon, your gonna lay him out.
5. If he does wanna have a go at you, I would suggest aiming for the cheap seats (testicles...if any). If he doesn't respond to the first smack....well I will leave the solution to that up to you.

Good luck buddy

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by euwhajavb
In fact, nothing weird has ever happened to any of us except one roommate who had some weird time-lapse type experiences before moving here.

Every clue counts and this is significant. The very fact that everybody else reported 'secondary' sightings, that is a sighting that is shared by outside individuals, a sighting that was not necessary restricted to the individual, and yet it was only you and your group of friends, girlfriend, who got a personal account of a mirror encounter of you.... I mean there are some indications this event may be core to you and your group of friends.

I dont mean to scare you any further, I know it must be horrible to find yourself in this situation, but keep on digging into yours and your friends histories. Sometimes you have these dark 'figures' latch on to individuals with histories, certain individuals.

I hope you get this solved, or its just a one timer for you guys. I can't imagine how it feels to experience these encounters.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
dreadlord?
should we get pug?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Well events like yours are common there. It is owned by Native Americans and the lake is situated on an Indian Reservation. There are very strange things that occur. Black Figures are common. There are so much superstitions there that they believe a portal of some sort exists there. In fact my cousins were out picking wood for a camp fire when they came to an entrance that lead to a small canyon. They said the felt this sick uneasy feeling and ran they turned around and went back. They believe that some kind of portal exists there and there is something that guards it.

As for your story it is very unusual that it occurs in a residential area. That reminds me of stories that are told here. My family and people I know tell of stories of a half man half goat creature. He hides himself in a huge coat and hat to conceal himself. More like a trench coat. They say if you are unsure just look down at his feet and you will see he has hooves. It sounds like what you are describing.

Hopefully what ever you are experiencing will pass over.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by euwhajavb
No, I wasn't aware! I live in some apartment complexes, not the student housing. I did find this though...

darkwaterlake.blogspot.com...

I think it's geared towards mothman, but the poster at the top of this page also mentioned it. I'm not familiar with the mothman thing really.

The best thing to do in this situation is to write a comprehensive list of things that happen/have happened. This way you can highlight events/happenings that are unique. This is also the best way to separate your experience from the common and often cliché 'mothman' experiences and what not.

Look at the bigger picture – question everybody.

The 'devil' is in the detail.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Well, I've come across some things quite out of the ordinary in my time, but this one is an unknown to me, which is why I have been asking for help/advice/info. I think the accurate description of my emotional state now is one of nervous anxiety from being possibly unprepared.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Just read my latest post and do it.

Honestly, it will help you.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I hope it will just pass over for you. Events sometimes occur like this and it is just a phase in life. Most of the time they will pass over and everything will be like normal. I do hope everything works out though.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
paintball guns are inexpensive accurate and loud and hold like 200 shots. u can freeze the ballss and break goatman bones.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join