It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin and "Prayer Warriors": We Want Control Of The World

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

No, it's not. I don't observe any rituals or follow any rules, I just do what I want without concern for other peoples' moral philosophies. And I'm not vain, I'm just interested in my own well-being to a degree that society frowns upon.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by eventHorizon
If it's not Ron Paul in 2012 - "Game Over" !!!

Call game over then, it won't be him either.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

And I'm not vain, I'm just interested in my own well-being to a degree that society frowns upon.

Someone should buy you a thesaurus for Christmas

We can set around and argue all night about the definition of vanity, its not really that important.

I agree with your over all premise, that prayer warriors are religious zealots with their own interests.

They just happen to self-indulge in them to a degree that society frowns upon.

Wait...where did i hear that before?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
If THIS doesn't open the eyes of people, I have no clue what will.

TPTB WANT people to concentrate/dwell/complain about Palin - it's called a distraction, folks. And it seems most of you have fallen for it. The media, and tptb have you guys right where they want you - sad.

Tag, you're IT !!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

a distraction?

No no, a distraction would be to get me talking about Palin while you rob my house.

I can denounce Sarah Palin and expose her stupidity with half my brain tied behind my back.

Not because im smart, but because she's such an easy target.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Why dont you atheist cryass zealots just lump it? You wouldnt have this issue if it wat any other religion but Christianity.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Like I said ...... the media, and tptb have you guys right where they want ya.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
If THIS doesn't open the eyes of people, I have no clue what will.

TPTB WANT people to concentrate/dwell/complain about Palin - it's called a distraction, folks. And it seems most of you have fallen for it. The media, and tptb have you guys right where they want you - sad.

Tag, you're IT !!

I agree, its the " SQUIRREL! " moment and they dont even know it.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

whatever helps you sleep at night

but remember, you're distracted as well, spending your time in here telling the rest of us how stupid we are for discussing Sarah Palin

Funny how that works out

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

whatever helps you sleep at night

but remember, you're distracted as well, spending your time in here telling the rest of us how stupid we are for discussing Sarah Palin

Funny how that works out

Youre so scary smart.......

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
If you want the separation of chuch and state to no longer exist, that's not fine either. There is a reason the separation exists.

...the line is blurry at best, always has been... heres why (imo)...

...the seperation of church and state was originally about protecting white males (and their property) from (1) taxation / tryanny of the christian-controlled governments of OTHER countries - and - (2) politically powerful citizens of the usofa that would "sell out" to religiously controlled entities (ie: the vatican)...

...it has been expanded to project the illusion of protection for all citizens' religious choices - but - that doesnt reduce the uneven power-base christianity has always had in our federal government - because - illusions only protect the illusionist(s)...

...seperation of church and state was NOT originally penned to protect non-christians from christians or even to protect non-mainstream christians (davidians, jw's, mormons) from mainstream christians...

...it has been expanded to include a degree of protection to citizens whose religious rights have been violated, as well as to non-religious citizens whose civil rights have been infringed upon by religionists - but - only if you have enough money to fight all the way to the supreme court - and - only if you win - and - that win does not necessarily insure that the bigots of society will abide by the decision - and/or - be penalized for not abiding by the decision...

...hundreds of indigenous religions were outlawed by our federal government and that was justified via ndns arent citizens (ie: white males with property)... even after ndns were "granted" (insulting) citizenship, many indigenous religions were still illegal... some indigenous religions were still illegal as recently as the early 1970s - and - even today, some of those are still very closely monitored by the federal government... so much for seperation of church and state...

Religion should never be used politically.

...thats unrealistic, imo... christianity is a political entity and has been from the get-go... there may be some religions out there somewhere that were not contrived to control the masses (which is politics' only function) but christianity is NOT one of them...

...as for the bizarre fanatics that your op illuminated
- well, uh, i have a theory on people like that - goes like this here... those raised on fantasy will raise theirs on fantasy and on and on and on until their genetics are coded to perceive fantasy as reality and to perceive reality as ugly shoes...

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Dermo

Exactly.

If God Tells here to cleanse all of the middle east....then BOOOM!!

Its not that easy. I'm sure the Pentagon would have an absolute fit.

The military isn't going to let the country become Theofascist or Communist.

Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.
Mao Tse-Tung

[edit on 1/3/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

"Distracted" towards the right things, yes - but I'm not focusing on what the media is telling me to focus on. Or i.e. trying to get me distracted with.

Be smarter than the serpent, my friend. And more important, know who the serpent is.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Haha, no worries guys, there has been a HUGE misunderstanding here and it is quite funny. A Christian 'prayer warrior' or 'spiritual warrior' is a person that devotes serious time in prayer over certain circumstances.

Don't let misconceptions get the best of you

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

"Distracted" towards the right things, yes

Hmmm, well isn't it just ever so convenient that you're the one who gets to decide what is right & wrong?

Personally, i choose to fight any battle i see where glaring ignorance and stupidity runs amuck.

You go on your holy crusade all you want. I'll stick with what works for me.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Sarah Palin is the least of my worries.
She's more normal than 90% of the population, and 99% more normal than ATS members.

After one year of Obama, it's clear that she would have done a better job as president.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
As a non-theist, this post means nothing to me in terms of religion. As an American with common sense a bit of foresight, this scares me. If these fools take over the country through finance (banks control the world, we know that), then what will happen to all the atheists, pagans, Buddhists, Hinduists, etc??? Will these nuts convert or kill all of them?? They sound extreme enough to force their beliefs on the population, literally. That is something I cannot allow. We could be looking at yet another inquisition. I foresee this Inquisition being worse than any other in history. Worse than the Spanish Inquisition. Worse than the Catholic & Protestant wars. Worse than the Salem Witch Trials. Worse than anything that has ever befallen the earth, anywhere. Funny, because that's exactly how Revelations describes the Great Tribulation. I hope these people do not achieve their wishes...

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by chuckk

She's more normal than 90% of the population, and 99% more normal than ATS members.

Being "normal" is precisely the problem.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
At least Sarah Palin looks good in a swim suit. Which is more than I can say for that other idiot, Nancy Pelosi. She makes my skin crawl. I actually think she may be the antichrist, placed here to usher in 1000 years of darkness. Seriously, religion and politics are always intertwined. As an agnostic, I worry much less about the wacky right than the lunatic left. Those are some sick and disturbed individuals.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I wonder if she has to write her prayers on her hand so she doesn't forget them.
Dear Jeebuz,

Witches bad
Demons in every closet
Speak in tongues (Blabbity bork smork blee!) Hey wow! I speak French! Thanks God!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join