It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if unemployment benefits do stop?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This pulitzer journalist looked in those who might insurrect or cause rebel acts, attack the plutocrats in federal agencies and the remaining 'middle class' who only survive because of guaranteed govt positions as low-mid level clerks and technicians

We stand on the cusp of one of the bleakest periods in human history
when the bright lights of a civilization blink out and we will descend
for decades, if not centuries, into barbarity. The elites have successfully
convinced us that we no longer have the capacity to understand the
revealed truths presented before us or to fight back against the chaos
caused by economic and environmental catastrophe. As long as the mass
of bewildered and frightened people, fed images that permit them to
perpetually hallucinate, exist in this state of barbarism, they may
periodically strike out with a blind fury against increased state repression,
widespread poverty and food shortages. But they will lack the ability
and self-confidence to challenge in big and small ways the structures of control.
The fantasy of widespread popular revolts and mass movements breaking the hegemony of the corporate state is just that – a fantasy.

My analysis comes close to the analysis of many anarchists.
But there is a crucial difference. The anarchists do not understand the nature of violence.
They grasp the extent of the rot in our cultural and political institutions,
they know they must sever the tentacles of consumerism, but they naïvely believe that it can be countered with physical forms of resistance and acts of violence.
There are debates within the anarchist movement – such as those on the destruction
of property – but once you start using plastic explosives, innocent people get killed. And when anarchic violence begins to disrupt the mechanisms of governance, the power elite will use these acts, however minor, as an excuse to employ disproportionate and ruthless amounts of force against real and suspected agitators, only fueling the rage of the dispossessed.

this view about those who will be disposed to violent reactions comes from this link:

www.adbusters.org...

i replied to another thread with a mention of the case of Robin Hood vs the Sheriff @ Nottingham, and how as both sides of legal theivery=taxation/robbery
escalated their acts... the commoners suffered !
(what else is new)

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

I sincerely wish that more people would wake up to the truth, you do not need to work. It is alla scam, grow your own food and make your own clothing and be happy. PLEASE, for the love of mankind READ this womans book;

spiritualeconomicsnow.net...

She is not wrong, I have filed the paperwork and am waiting for my TDA account number to write off all debt. I have stopped making any payments that I "had" and am demanding they return my currency to me.

You see, when YOU sign YOUR name, YOU are giving the bank, mortgage company, federal reserve, credit card company and so on, the "authority" to print money FOR YOU!! They keep it and then claim you owe THEM!! What a great scam!!!!!!

When will people wake up to this fraud? Please, someone tell me.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddio

I sincerely wish that more people would wake up to the truth, you do not need to work. It is alla scam, grow your own food and make your own clothing and be happy. PLEASE, for the love of mankind READ this womans book;

spiritualeconomicsnow.net...

She is not wrong, I have filed the paperwork and am waiting for my TDA account number to write off all debt. I have stopped making any payments that I "had" and am demanding they return my currency to me.

You see, when YOU sign YOUR name, YOU are giving the bank, mortgage company, federal reserve, credit card company and so on, the "authority" to print money FOR YOU!! They keep it and then claim you owe THEM!! What a great scam!!!!!!

When will people wake up to this fraud? Please, someone tell me.

no offense but the premise is not only flawed, it's ridiculous.

no work? not likely. How much effort is there in subsistence living? Do you think yourself capable of Agriculture, animal husbandry, food preparation, textile fabrication etc etc? Really? Sitting in front of your computer which you pay monthly to connect to the internet...

Honestly, people are complaining? Those people are stright up ignorant if not completely stupid. No apologies.

Your work week is shorter than your granddads. There is no slavery. There is less disease and longer life expectancy. Food production is safer and cleaner than it ever was as is water. transportation is unparalelled at any other point in history and literacy is no longer an issue except to the stupid or remarkably lazy.

It has been said "I like to pay taxes, for with them I buy civilization"
You are NOT suffering and if you think you are, then you need some perspective.

North America is probably the only place where a "poor" person can eat everyday, live in a home, drive a car and get money from the government for doing nothing. This is true of the USA and of Canada both.

Also, your failure to pay your debts has nothing to do with a bank. It is YOUR FAILURE. Own it.

Do not borrow money, save it instead. How do you intend to buy that land you're gonna farm your carrots on? Do you think it should just be given to you based on your own sense of entitlement?

Back to the earth hippy culture didn't work the first time round, doesn't work now and won't work in the future, but by all means, if you desire living in squalor, you go right ahead.

I'll take modern society any day over that horse hockey. lol

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

How would you provide water for your little pretend crops?

How about power?

Gonna harvest a few acres by hand?

What about a house? Gonna live in something, or just go with a teepee?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Not if but WHEN.

The unemployed are growing in numbers daily, millions are and were ineligible for benefits, millions have already lost benefits, millions have given up all together on seeking jobs as there are NONE in their areas to be had.

The skewed and politically motivated stats the government provides hardly exposes the reality of the situation.

As sad as that is, millions more Americans are losing pay and benefits and/or are underemployed... Countless families barely living paycheck to paycheck, millions are one maybe two lost paychecks away from losing everything.

Don't be so quick to judge the unemployed... evaluate your personal situation and see how many paychecks you are away from being homeless.

I haven't known one unemployed person who wanted to be, nor any who were happy to be surviving on government checks.

It is a situation that is primed and ready to explode.

In my travels I have encountered a level of hatred and anger among Americans that quite honestly has me worried.

It is one thing to voice dissent, criticize the government and whichever administration is in power... especially in bad times... and none I've seen in my life were as bad as NOW.

It is another when anger turns into madness and that leads to people openly making murderous threats against the government.

I really am not liking the mood in many places among many hurting Americans, it is dangerous, people are not only losing everything... In far too many cases they are losing their sanity and can be capable of anything.

If local law enforcement is not prepared for any potential eventuality especially if the economy continues to worsen and anger toward government grows then they would be fools and will be easily overrun by angry mobs and what order and civility we hoped to have would quickly vanish... Replaced by chaos that will spread like wildfire.

We are getting ever closer to a worst case scenario.

Pray the government can find a real nonpartisan fix... Soon.

There is potential for large areas of isolated violence, riots, looting, destruction of government properties etc. that could get out of control and may require better state and local preparation... If they lose control then things will change and military intervention may be necessary.

If we have a complete collapse of the economy things like that are very likely to happen... especially in large metro/city areas.

Most Americans seem oblivious to how close we came to that happening, and have no clue how close we are even now.

Sit back and enjoy the show, coming soon to a city near you!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Unemployment compensation will continue for as long as necessary one way or another. Increasingly, it is becoming the chief means of subsistence for more and more Americans. It has to... It will be the only thing that keeps mobs out of the streets.

I have heard it said that my grandfather said back during the Depression that he would steal if necessary to feed his family. Who wouldn't?

When lifestyles(!) are reducted to the common denominator, survivial, all bets are off on what the hungry will do. In some parts of the world, people just quietly starve. Not here. They may eventually starve here at some point, but it won't be quietly. For one thing they will know something about why they are starving and that can be dangerous for those that caused the problem.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

It's confusing "by design" and in "opposition" of the dominant system currently in play around the world, BUT....what Daddio is saying is very very true, and real. Once you start investigating it (and I have and am in the process) you will be amazed, and be made fun of also.
Yes sir, I know It sounds crazy, but then.....it's designed to.
Sincerely

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

What if unemployment benefits do stop?

What If? they will lose their income and have to get public assistance!
Look only 10% of the once working population receives an unemployment check

I would be more worried about the FDIC with the coming of the commercial real-estate bust!
The FDIC which Insures your/my money is broke right now! some economists expect 1800 banks to fail this year!

Read this... we cant stop whats coming

Its long but you will understand what's happened and know where we are headed!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Where do you work so people can apply.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Being a factory worker most of my life, I have no problems with taking a minumum wage job. The thing is, there are too many people going for the same jobs. I have been un-employed for a year and a half and have never been without a job in over 30 years. My husband at the same time became disabled. Soon, we will be without medical coverage. He has to be disabled for two years before getting any aid.

Right now we have money in the bank to fall back on but that will only last so long. I have seen a rise in bank robberies and thefts. There are so many people doing crazy things out of desperation. People being held up for their money etc. It is a frightening time to be living in.

Though there are many trying to milk the system, there are many of us who are sincerely seeking employment. I'm sure that many will end up on welfare as they have no other options.

For all those who are jobless, you are not alone. We are in this together. May we hold on to our strength and courage to face the times ahead. **HUGS**

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Whatever the causes of unemployment, madness and mayhem are NOT and NEVER the solution. It will only cause further harm and misery to EVERYONE – men, women and children, and it will take even far longer time to resume a semblance to economic recovery we can see today.

Let us calm down, and make use the present institutions to institute change, for to rebuild such institutions will take a far longer time, for it will involve far more education than years at schools to take, so that a fair and equitable comprehension for everyone to take part in, where no one gets left behind.

Let us talk to our families, relatives and friends, discuss issues with them, and through rational debate, to come up with solutions to solve our predicament today.

Let us scrutinize each and every selectable representatives for the platforms, and if found wanting, to not elect him or remove him from office through our votes in a peaceful manner.

We have the power of the vote. There is a time for war, and I will readily stand beside you with a pickaxe, and a time for peace, by voting beside you. Our founding fathers did not sacrifice their lives so that we must constantly engage in wars. The hundred thousands of them died so that future generations, including us, will live in peace and need no longer use the tyranny of the gun to enforce one’s will upon another.

Please do not consider violence, everyone of us, including our families, relatives and friends. It will only set us even further back, for there is hope for a decent recovery as more of us are aware and enlightened about issues, and come up with solutions.

Give patient peaceful means a chance, and instead, share whatever we can with each other in the meantime. It will be forever remembered better as to what we do today, and determines the future and character of a nation, if not civilisation itself.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
OP, You're right. All the government needs to do is commission the execution of things like moving power lines underground, bettering roads, improving cities, building things, fixing things. There are plenty of things to be done in this country. The government isn't doing anything but throwing green paper at it in the form of stimulus checks and the like. That doesn't fix anything. We have millions of unemployed Americans who need jobs. The government can actually do something good, if they really want to. What does that say about our government? Either they are completely INCOMPETENT or they just don't really care about the country they call "home", and its people.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
If they dont like america then tell them to go somewhere else.

I worked hard to get to where I am and overcame many obstacles so if these people cant find new skills to offer the market im not going to give these wage slaves a hand out.

however i do support work camp programs that would alleviate the problems of unemployment and teach new skills to create new industry that we need. We need more goods and rely to much on a services model of economy.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

Thanks I do not see why they don't get the jobs rolling by doing this? It is like they don't want it to work in a way. We need major things taken care of and they seem to sit on there hands. I think the American people are to big to fail.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The infrastructure. Keep sending the checks along with some type of
point you report to. From there your taken some where to a job of clean up. I wouldn't bitch about that at all. I would get my sense of pride back at least a little bit, knowing I was helping to just give her bath .
I have plenty of Iron experience work on the bridges what ever.
I don't believe they will do anything that will help the situation though and she's
about to srart crumbling. Iron Jack tears.

I do love my America.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It goes regular unemploymnet, emergency unemployment, then emergency tier 1, 2, and some states 3. Mine were exhausted after tier 2 because I am unlucky enough to live in 1 of 3 states that's dont get tier 3.

Once the people on tier 3 start running out, could be trouble.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddio

I sincerely wish that more people would wake up to the truth, you do not need to work. It is alla scam, grow your own food and make your own clothing and be happy.

Hogwash.
I quite enjoy the following: Books, Computers, Internet, Movies, Air Conditioning, Medical care, Education, Chairs, Carpet, Insect repellant, etc...

All of these things are from industry, Industry is a complex system where people do parts here and there. Reverting back to caveman status is not a option in my opinion. How can you type on your industry made computer using the internet network supported by tons of industry and say we dont need it. goto dictionary.com and type in the word hypocrite.

That smelling the tulips hippy crap is only trumped by reality...you think that book is being shipped to you via scribbles on a leaf and delivered to you on a carrier pidgon?

Now, I dont believe we need a 40 hour workweek, a 30 hour would do just fine, would make us more productive, and would allow for the immediate correction of unemployment, however...everyone suddenly becoming cavepeople would be a disaster of epic scale.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

It is like they don't want it to work in a way.

Now your getting it! In the face of this crisis Obama and all his appointees wish to offer a 5000$ tax credit to private sector employers to hire a new worker that they dont need...TO DO WHAT?
So you can pay him 20-30 thousand dollars a year for nothing?

Any business owner and 3rd grade student knows you hire someone to work for you to make you money! not to get/offset tax credits!

The vast majority of stimulus money went to bail out banks and a small portion went to infrastructure...Its like me trying to put my whole family to work with my kids lunch money!

Its ether they are incredibly incompetent, or there is a hidden agenda...I believe the latter.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Now, I dont believe we need a 40 hour workweek, a 30 hour would do just fine, would make us more productive, and would allow for the immediate correction of unemployment, however...everyone suddenly becoming cavepeople would be a disaster of epic scale.

Fx
I think your points are strong in retort. We can come up with all these good ideas but there seems to be something wrong if we think our
so called leaders can't. I think we will end up having to do the caveman thingy. Even though I agree it's not an option. It will be necessity.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Unemployment benefit is just that, a benefit.

What will happen?

Well people will get thinner. Really. Do you really need to line up at Texas Steak'ems, or Krispy Kream 5 times a day?

Also people will get more self reliant and there will be a lesser enforcement of criminal liability in court due to the leniency shown by judges in rough times and also the crowding of prisons. Less money means more "Get mine or be mine" mentalities means more wealth contrast means more crime. Less money means less demand of professional labor.

Picture a 9/11 society. For all instances heaven. A beautiful sunlight blue sky day and then all of a sudden

blam!

Thousands, if not millions, of people wiped off the map in an instant due to some morons' buffoonery. Well Spike TV will have a field day at least.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join